Side Story-Silvari 02
4.8k 5 195
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“I would if you’d give me a chance.” Alyssa kicked out at the alchemist’s chair, prompting her to lean back. A quick glance showed she had the attention of the rest of the table. “It’s not that big of a deal. She asked for help so I introduced her to a few people. You know how those bastards are. Things got a little rough. She brought me back to her house to borrow a shower.”

Lane, who had given the conversation half an ear, perked up alongside Cynthia. “You got an in with the elf and didn’t tell me?”

“I’m telling you now, aren’t I? And it’s not an in. I had a few cuts so she let me wash up and borrow a change of clothes. And what’s with that expression? She’s married.”

“For a woman like that? Little thing.”

Beside him, Cynthia nodded. “I agree with Little Lane. I sense a kindred spirit.”

“Hey, I’ve told you about calling me that!”

Alyssa huffed. Normally, she would berate them about badmouthing Kierra, even though they didn’t mean to, but they were quite close to the truth. Besides, the elf was the last person in the Hall who needed defending. “Anyway, once I finished, they invited me to dinner.”

“The elf and her initiate wife.” Cynthia’s eyes glimmered.

“What a waste,” Lane mumbled. “Two women taking themselves off the market like that. The saints must be crying.”

“Why do you care? It’s not like you’d have a chance with either one of them.”

“What do you take me for? I wouldn’t put my hands on some initiate. Is she even an adult?”

“I’d go for the brat before the elf.”

The whole table took a sharp breath, including Sir Bruce who’d remained quiet the whole time. “…what?” she asked, meeting their surprised gazes with growing confusion.

“Ally, Ally, Ally!” The alchemist was almost vibrating with excitement. “I think this is the first time you’ve ever mentioned being interested in anyone!” Beside her, Lane shifted uncomfortably, his brows furrowing. He opened his mouth to say something but the alchemist slapped a hand over his mouth without turning around. “Tell me—”

“Don’t jump out of your seat. The brat’s a summoner and she’s contracted a succubus who can cook her tail off. Makes the plates here feel like the slop they served in the order.”

Her comment was poorly timed, being overheard by the waiter who came to check on their table. His lips twitched as he resisted a frown. “A chef that surpasses the Dining Hall? We would love to meet such an individual.”

“Calm your tits, no one’s trying to challenge your restaurant.” Alyssa danced around the topic until he left, letting out a deep sigh. “I don’t see Lourianne bringing her succubus by to cook for other people. She seems the selfish type that keeps her treasures close. Should have seen the two of them together.”

“Did you walk in on something awkward?” Cynthia asked.

“Walk in? Please. They started in the same room.” The fire caster took a hesitant sip of her drink, sighed, and took another. “That elf was all over her. Surprised me given Kierra’s strength but looks like she’s the pampered wife.”

“Wow. Any chance of you wrangling me a dinner invite? For this supposedly amazing food if nothing else.”

“We’re not that, ah, actually…”

“Wait, seriously?”

“What about me?” Lane asked hopefully.

“Definitely not you,” she snapped immediately.

“Ah, come on, boss!”

“It’s not me.” Alyssa finished her drink and refilled the glass. “Blame that worm swinging between your legs.” She chuckled at his flush. “Lourianne’s a pervert who’s only interested in women. I’m pretty sure she’d welcome Cynthia with open arms, but she’d care less about you.”

“She’d step out on Kierra? I don’t know whether to call her brave or stupid,” Cynthia said.

Alyssa snorted at the woman’s vain smile. “Don’t get me wrong, I said she’s a pervert, not an idiot.”

She very much doubted Lourianne Tome was the fool she first appeared to be. Unlike most of the kingdom, she spent time around summoners and had a comfortable knowledge of elementals. For one to be as competent as the succubus called Geo, it spoke highly to the girl’s capabilities that she apparently wanted to hide. Or at the very least, not flaunt to the whole of the Hall.

“She loosely invited me to a bar that serves the best drink I’ve ever had and I doubt she’d mind me bringing a tagalong.”

“Shame I wouldn’t be welcome,” Bruce said.

“Yeah.” Alyssa wouldn’t have minded the stoic man’s company, but his company didn’t amount to much. He was the quietest drinking partner she had, which also made him her favorite. “I’ll bring you back a bottle.”

“Ally, I love you!” Cynthia crowed. “Do you know how many alchemists have tried to get close to Kierra? I’ve heard the elves have an entire country of alchemists. If I can get my hands on their recipes, guhehehe.” Her charming persona was marred by her greedy smile.

“Does that mean I get a discount?” Alyssa asked drolly, smirking as the other woman’s smile turned into grimace. “Didn’t think so.”

“Ah, I’m sure we can—oh hoh? Who do we have here?”

Alyssa followed her gaze, grimacing when she spotted a graceful man with a shaved head and silver robes approaching their table.

 

195