ARC 6-Winter War-24
3.5k 11 172
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Mm.” Mr. Talented’s words fade in and out as my wife’s tongue retreats from my folds and wraps around my protruding gift. Oh saints, those nubs are massaging my sensitive flesh. I can’t…can’t…

Under the table, Alana’s hand touches my knee. I blindly flail my hand until I manage to grasp hers. Our fingers lace together as her thumb teases my palm.

“Allow me to explain,” Alana says. “In preparation for the campaign, the hunters sought to negotiate with a talented brewer in the city named Howie. Afraid that they would use force to entangle him in unfavorable terms, Howie asked a friend to provide security for their meeting. That friend was Lou.

“The meeting did not go favorably for the hunters. Howie refused to work with them, as is his right. However, the hunters did not respect that right. Late in the night, Howie’s barmaid came to Lou, claiming Howie’s bar had been attacked and the brewer kidnapped.”

“Why didn’t she go to the city guard?”

I let out a muffled groan as I cum, fucking my wife’s tight throat with small, powerful thrusts of my hips while rhythmically squeezing Alana’s hand.

“Is that a question deserving of laughter?” Mr. Talented sneers.

“Lou doesn’t think much of the authorities. While I don’t agree, I do admit that time was of the essence. They urged a lack of action while they investigated, as they are doing now. Fearing what the kidnappers would do, Lou decided to take action. She and Kierra searched the city until they found Howie, chained in the basement of the Torchbearers guild hall.”

“That doesn’t make sense. The Torchbearers have a reputation for being conservative and courteous. I can’t imagine—”

“Whether you can imagine it or not should not blind you to the truth.”

“The truth? Isn’t this just the word of that…of Lady Tome? Were you in attendance?”

Alana squeezes my hand as she clicks her tongue but I’m in no condition to follow the conversation. “I wasn’t there but there is the testimony of the barmaid and one of the kidnappers to prove that Howie was indeed taken and Lou returned with the brewer, proving that she found him. With that, it’s more unreasonable to assume she’s lying.”

“…fine. That still doesn’t explain the death toll. A guild master and twenty-three other hunters are dead. That doesn’t mention the property damage. Apparently, there was a black creature with her that collapsed several buildings and injured countless hunters. Isn’t that a little extreme?”

“Did those hunters attack the creature?”

“Of course they did! It was a rampaging monster.”

“And of course said monster defended itself. If the victims were civilians who’d dropped to their knees in immediate surrender or tried to reason with it, then the creature would be in the wrong. As they sought to settle their grievances through arms, they can hardly complain about being hurt.”

“You…” Robert sighs. “Alright. So I understand this fully, Lady Tome’s friend was kidnapped by hunters. Upset with the guards’ lack of action, Lady Tome decided to find him on her own. This led to the multiple casualties.”

“You understand.”

“Could she not have talked to them?”

“Is it the responsibility of the righteous to converse with villains they are bringing to justice?” she sneers. “The advantage goes to the one who deals the first strike. There was no reason to ruin her advantage with conversation when there was clear proof that they were guilty.”

“No reason? What about the—”

“Despite that, she did give them the opportunity to surrender. Before each engagement, she gave her opponents the opportunity to let her pass and take their grievances before the guard. They all refused her, choosing violence. And before you ask, there is no proof. I also doubt the losers are going to admit their injuries are their own fault.”

“I see. You are completely on her side then.”

“Quin, I understand you haven’t had the best experiences with Lou. Quite a bit of that is her own fault, as she isn’t interested in making friends with most people. But as her…as someone close to her, I know Lou is not an unfeeling monster. I trust her. And, while the damage is unfortunate, I can’t say I disapprove.”

“I didn’t expect that kind of attitude from you, Alana.”

“I will act for what I believe is right. Kidnappers get what they deserve. People who stick their nose into someone else’s fight better be willing to suffer the consequences of doing so.”

“…it’s hard for me to believe she is anything other than callous when she won’t explain herself. Or look me in the eye. Oi! Do you hear me talking to you?”

“I think you should leave, Quin.”

“Why won’t she look at me? Am I that beneath her notice? Does she think I’m afraid of her?”

“Robert!”

“I’m not afraid of her!”

The clattering of chairs and swearing jostles me from my pleasure induced haze. My bleary eyes narrow and sharpen as I take in Alana slamming Robert against the table, one hand on the back of his neck, the other holding his arm in a painful grip behind his back.

The young hero doesn’t look good. His gaze is bleary and his pupils are far too wide. Drool leaks from his mouth as he clenches his teeth hard enough it looks like it hurts. Every other moment, he tries to rise but Alana slams him back into the table.

I try to rise but strong hands hold me in place. My vigilance wavers as my wife continues to suck me dry but I rally my strength to force out some words. “What…what’s…”

“I don’t know,” Alana mutters as she struggles with the struggling young man. “He was agitated coming in and it only got worse and worse until he lost control of himself.”

He looks half mad, practically foaming at the mouth with a heavily flushed face and visibly pounding veins. I know he hates me but that’s not normal. What’s wrong with him?

[That would be your pheromones, my summoner.]

What?

[It is quite common. Females recognize your scent as an enticing mate and it stokes their libidos. Males recognize you as powerful competition and it stokes their aggression. As your pheromones produce a magnified reaction in females, it also produces a magnified response in males. The poor hero appears to be particularly affected.]

Ah, never expected that. Did you do this on purpose?

[Of course. It would have taken much more time and mana to develop pheromones with the same potency that don’t affect male members of a species. I didn’t think you would mind, as men are unlikely to be present when your scent is…at its strongest.]

Like when my wife is eagerly sucking me dry like I’m a tall glass of water in the middle of summer.

“Agh, enough of this!”

My eyes widen as Alana slams Mr. Talented’s head on the table repeatedly until his struggles stop and he slumps in her grip. She drops him carelessly, turning to me as he drops to the floor. Her face is flushed and her pupils are wide but that’s not anger in her gaze.

172