Chapter 41
2.3k 30 75
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Izuku landed in the testing facility where the incident happened and he looked around. He saw the remains of Tanya's pistol and he thought about collecting the pieces as evidence. He realized he didn't need them if he could get the footage. He took out his phone and texted Momo to get her to submit the request.

'I'm sorry, Izuku. It was denied.' Momo sent back.

'Of course it was.' Izuku typed.

'Why? Why happened?' Momo asked.

'Is everyone done of their exams?' Izuku sent.

'Yes, we're all here at the main control room and we were waiting on you and Tanya.'

'I'll be right there.' Izuku said and picked up Tanya's crushed hat, then he ran through the facility to stop at the control room before he entered and hooked Tanya's hat to his belt.

Two of the girls, Uraraka and Mina, let out a little scream at the sight of his torn up hero costume and the blood covering a lot of it, especially his leg.

“Momo, I need a self-contained video camera, high definition if you can.” Izuku said and went to the control room's controls. He knew that they couldn't cut off the room's access to the footage, because it was needed for the teachers to review.

“Mister Midoria, what are you doing?” Cementoss asked.

“I'm replaying the footage of my exam for peer review.” Izuku said and held a hand out to Momo.

“Just... a minute.” Momo said. Her hand glowed for several moments before a high-end video camera that had a battery pack and a memory card to record a hundred hours of footage slid up and out of her palm.

“I can't let you make a copy of school property.” Cementoss said and stepped forward to take the camera.

Izuku's hand shot out and grabbed the teacher by the neck to pick him up as if he weighed nothing. “If you so much as touch me, I'll crush your hands like I crushed All Might's for hurting Tanya.”

The girls gasped and covered their mouths and the guys all groaned at the news.

“I'm sure that it was a mistake.” Thirteen said. “Please, put the teacher down.”

“Where are the other teachers?” Izuku asked.

“They were called away for an emergency.” Thirteen said.

Cementoss held a hand down to pull on the concrete floor to grab Izuku's feet.

“That counts as touching.” Izuku said and used a hand to instantly crush both of Cementoss' hands and then tossed him through the door of the control room and out into the facility.

“IZUKU!” Uraraka yelled as Thirteen ran out of the control room to help Cementoss.

“I warned him.” Izuku said and turned back to Momo. “If I could bother you again for a small tripod?”

Momo nodded and formed a simple one that Izuku attached to the camera and then started both that and the recording of the fight.

“Izuku, they can kick you out for harming a teacher.” Toru, the Invisible Girl said as she put a hand on his shoulder.

“No, they won't be kicking me out.” Izuku said. “I'm the next Symbol of Peace, chosen by All Might himself.”

That sentence made everyone react, especially Bakugo, who cursed for several seconds before Kirishima covered his mouth with a hardened hand.

“Watch this and you'll understand why I just did what I did.” Izuku said and stepped out of the way when All Might was done explaining the rules of the exam on the recording.

The whole class watched in growing horror as the fight happened and All Might acted like a villain. He wasn't gentle and he also wasn't using the restraints like he was supposed to, despite what his students asked him to do. Most of them had believed it when All Might said the exam was to exploit their weaknesses and to make them overcome them and to become better heroes. What they couldn't believe, is what he did to do that.

“That... that has to be fake.” Bakugo whispered as Izuku cradled a very hurt and bleeding Tanya in his arms and pleaded with her to stay with him.

Izuku reached over and used the controls to roll the footage back and slowed it down to one tenth the speed. It showed All Might literally squeezing Tanya's head in his hand and then he winced, his fingers dug into Tanya's skull. Izuku's hands grabbed and crushed All Might's to make him let Tanya go, snapped his arms in three places each, then punched him so hard that All Might's chest caved in and he disappeared from the video in the next frame.

“All Might is going to be officially retiring after this, which is the emergency that the other teachers are meeting for.” Izuku said and put the footage back to where the ambulance showed up and Recovery Girl had to use her quirk for a long time on Tanya. “She's in a coma and will be unconscious for a week. We won't be allowed in to see her until tonight.”

Mina stepped in front of Izuku and looked up at his face. “Do you think Tanya would mind if I hugged you for her, since I can't hug her?”

Izuku shook his head and Mina put her arms around his chest and hugged him hard as she pressed her bountiful chest to his partially bare one. He put his arms around her and held her as tears came to his eyes. Of course, this set off the other girls and Izuku was surrounded by crying girls trying to hug him.

“You can FLY?!?” Bakugo gasped when he saw Izuku carrying Tanya to the ambulance.

“Actually, I can only float.” Izuku said as he made sure to give each girl a significant hug and rubbed their backs. He wasn't going to tell them what One for All really was, a collection of quirks. Most were complimentary and a couple were pretty odd.

Momo made a cloth napkin for him and even wiped at his eyes for him.

“Thank you.” Izuku whispered to her and looked at the damp cloth, then smiled and closed her hand over it when she tried to give it to him.

Momo nodded slightly and hugged it to her chest.

“How can you float?” Iida asked and chopped the air with his hand.

“It's part of my power quirk.” Izuku said and thought of a simple explanation. “I have so much energy inside me that I can use it to suspend myself in mid-air.”

“But you can't fly?” Uraraka asked and wiped at her own eyes.

“I didn't say that.” Izuku said and pointed to the screen as it showed him jumping out through the hole.

“Whoa!” Uraraka exclaimed as a few moments later, Izuku flew back in through the hole and landed softly. “How did you do that?”

“I punched the air and used the momentum to propel myself.” Izuku said and a lot of the students loked at him in admiration. He stopped the playback and the recording then and looked around for something to put the camera in.

“Here.” Momo said and handed him a custom padded bag.

“Thank you, Momo. I'll make this up to you somehow.” Izuku said.

“You gave me my new suit design, remember? I'm just paying you back for that.” Momo said.

Izuku gave her a warm smile and stepped close to give her a hug. “You didn't have to do that.”

“We're friends and friends help each other.” Momo said and cuddled into his chest. She wasn't surprised that she fit so well into it and she didn't mind that she was also pressing her own chest into his partially bare one. It was nice and warm, too. She was starting to really like hugs.

“What do we do now?” Sero, the elbow tape guy asked. “Do we just stay here and wait for the teachers to remember that we're here and come get us?”

“Iida? Go outside and see if the bus is there. We can go back to the school if it is.” Izuku said as he let Momo go.

“Good idea!” Iida said and revved his engine before zooming out of the room.

“If it's not?” Someone else asked.

“We can watch your exams to pass the time.” Izuku said.

“Oooo, if we can't get the requisitioned footage, can you record them for all of us?” Uraraka asked.

“I'll splice the sound from our microphones into the video.” Toru offered.

Iida came back in and shook his head. “No bus.”

“Then everyone grab a seat.” Izuku said and they all grabbed something to sit on. Some even asked Momo for a small camp seat. Izuku set up the video camera again and started with Uraraka's exam before he sat down on the floor in front of Mina and Momo. He felt a hand rest on his shoulder and lightly pat it in thanks.

Everyone made appreciative sounds and comments as Uraraka and Aoyoma kicked Thirteen's butt. Uraraka blushed and Aoyoma preened at the praise and attention. He loved the limelight and practically sparkled.

Izuku made sure to rewind and slow down the highlights, ended each video, then started the next one for ease of use later. They watched all nine of the team battles and everyone was impressed at the last one and Momo's adaptation of Eraserhead's constrictive scarf, especially when she explained that she had to adapt it on the fly and used her extensive chemical knowledge to copy the properties.

Izuku took her hand. “Well done, Momo.”

Momo blushed hard and nodded as she whispered. “Th-thank you.”

“I think we all did awesomely!” Uraraka said. “Plus ULTRA!”

“PLUS ULTRA!” Most of the class cheered in response.

Thirteen walked into the control room then and even though her helmet was black, you could feel her glaring accusingly at Izuku. “The bus is here to take you back to the school.” She said and pointed at Izuku. “You will sit up front and not speak to anyone. You are meeting with the principal as soon as we get to UA.”

“Good.” Izuku said and stood, almost menacingly. “I've got a few things to say to him as well.”

“Izuku.” Uraraka said and touched his arm. “Please, stay calm. I know you're hurting right now...”

“You have no idea what I'm feeling right now.” Izuku said and made his hands into fists. A very strong oppressive aura formed around him and everyone in the room felt the pressure, even Thirteen inside her protective suit. “My partner in all things, someone I deeply love, was hurt by my mentor.” He said, almost in a growl. “Why he would think hurting her was my weakness...”

The aura increased ten-fold and the girls let out squeaks of surprise and the guys groaned from the pressure.

Izuku took a deep breath and let it out. The oppressive aura suddenly changed to comforting and everyone breathed a sigh of relief as it faded away. “I'm sorry about that. I just... I'm not...”

Mina reached up to cup the sides of his face. “Look at me, Izuku.”

Izuku blinked his eyes at her and looked into her eyes.

“We all know how you feel about Tanya.” Mina said and several of the girls nodded their heads. “We've watched you two fall in love and it makes us all jealous that Tanya was the lucky one.”

The same girls, Momo, Toru, and Tsuyu nodded their heads again. Uraraka just blushed.

“She's been my best friend for five years and she's taught me so much.” Izuku whispered.

“We know.” Mina said and pulled his head down to her height. “You're going to get on that bus and behave. You're going to meet the principal and you're going to act responsibly. Do NOT smash everything in his office or the school, even though we all know you want to.”

Izuku opened his mouth to respond that he would do what he wanted. Mina must have seen his defiance, because she stopped him from speaking by kissing him. Izuku couldn't stop his pleased moan as Mina took complete control and dominated his mouth as her tongue made his submit after barely a second.

Mina broke the kiss after nearly a full minute of making out with him and looked into his eyes again. “I'll give Tanya the same when she wakes, so she knows I'm not taking advantage of you being so vulnerable.”

Izuku was a bit too stunned to respond.

“You will do what I say or Tanya will hear of it.” Mina said and he didn't react. “Just nod if you agree.”

Izuku nodded several times.

“Okay.” Mina said and let his head go. “Go ahead and do what I said.”

Izuku nodded and left the control room without a word. Mina left right behind him and Momo packed up the video camera before she handed it to Toru.

“Did that just happen?” Jiro, the earphone jack girl asked.

“Yeah, it did.” Denki, her boyfriend said. “Who knew that Mina had a dominant streak hidden under that pink skin and bubbly personality?”

“I did.” Kirishima, the skin hardening guy said. “She's always been tough underneath like I'm tough outside.”

A few of the others looked surprised at his comment.

“All right, everyone. Let's go.” Thirteen said and the rest of the students followed her out of the control room. They all went to the bus and saw the ambulance driving away. They knew it was Cementoss being taken for treatment and hoped that he would be okay.

Thirteen sat right next to Izuku and he didn't move or even looked at her as everyone boarded the bus. It was soon off and drove them back to the academy to get changed and for Izuku's meeting with Principal Nezu.

Surprisingly, it was Bakugo that was the most worried about what was going to happen next. He was as big of a fan of All Might as Izuku was, since that had been the bassis of their childhood friendship. What he had seen during Izuku's practical exam was not the hero he idolized. All Might wasn't smiling, which was what had warned Izuku that he and Tanya were in trouble.

All Might smiles constantly to give people hope and encouragement that everything was going to be fine, because he was there. When he didn't smile, that meant there was no hope that things would be fine. The only other time he didn't smile was when he fought against the masked villain, All for One.

Bakugo shivered slightly as he remembered seeing that brutal fight on live television and then replayed Izuku's exam in his head. All Might really did fight them to hurt them on purpose. He thought in surprise as his eyes went to the back of Izuku's head. He hoped that the world was ready for the next Symbol of Peace, because peace looked like it was going to come at a much higher price than the last time.

75