Volume 3 Chapter 16. Blown up.
703 4 21
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Discord:http://discord.gg/krr2hTX9PD

+

+

+

Two golden lights collided in the air of Dis, surrounded by a torrent of flying monsters.

The ethereal fists of the goddess struck Dealmaker, who just laughed as his silver armor shined brighter.

"Thunder!"

At its command, black lighting fell from the sky striking the goddess and its surroundings.

" Divine Sign!"

The magical circle behind her back became bigger, spanning more arms.

"Boring! Fire!"

Suddenly, a serpent made from the dark flames appeared from his mouth.

Not even flinching, the glowing arms grabbed the snake and tore it apart.

"Turn to dust!"

The arms made various signs, using the fragments of the snake as sparks, creating a ball of fire that surrounded the demon.

"How many times do I have to tell you?! I am fireproof! Divine Magic: Blue Wave."

Snapping its fingers, a big ball of fire materialized, extinguishing the flames.

As the steam dissipated, he saw several golden bracelets, flying off the slender arms of the goddess, only to them become additional magical circles, from which eternal arms grew out.

"Divine Weapon: Mercy's Scale."

Seeing this the demon started to laugh aloud as more light escaped from his armor.

"I LIKE THIS! THIS IS EXCITING! LET'S HAVE A GREAT FIGHT! DIVINE WEAPON: FORTUNA& CANE ON BEGINNING!"

The two weapons appeared in his two hands, each looking more dangerous than the other.

The gun kept on changing its appearance to different types of arteries, while the gem on top of the can was shinning as if it was a star!

" Cane of Beginning,  Fourth Form: Key of Troy!"

Throwing the stick onto the ground, which is midway turned into a giant key, the demon created a huge crater under them, from which several white buildings emerged, houses unconventionally built upon each other.

" This won't stop me from killing you!"

The goddess moved one of her fingers, materializing even more arms that approached the demon.

"Didn't expect it to. I only needed time to try out this toy."

Clenching his fist, the metal shifted becoming a gauntlet seemingly made from water and silver.

Recognizing the equipment immediately, the goddess screamed in shock.

"How did it go again? Oh right! Divine Weapon: Héliú hù shǒu (Gauntlets of the river), First Form: Èmó Shé (Demonic Serpent)!"

Punching the air before him he released a crimson red serpent from his knuckles which flew in the direction of the goddess.

"MUDRA PRITHVI!"

Using those signs, she manipulated the earth around her, protecting herself from the snake.

"H-How did you-"

"Why so surprised? I said it before when I eat someone, I gain their power and memories. I never said that I didn't get their divine weapons."

Snapping his fingers, the back of his armor erupted in a geyser of black blood. from it, several tentacles like arms came out each holding a different weapon.

"As a smart woman, I am sure you understand what is happening here. You aren't facing a god here. You are against a legion!"

*****

Samurai POV:

It was happening again.

They might not have noticed but the sky has shattered again like the time my first teacher died.

With each slash, the entire world trembled, as the sky slowly shaved away, opening itself up.

The only difference was that the hole this time didn't show any void, instead, there were several planets in it each connected by streams of energy originating from-

"Sandpit."

Not noticing the pit forming under my feet I fell into it, landing in what seemed like a warehouse filled with crates.

From the hole of the ceiling, Momo fell with two spears made from sand flatting above her head.

"Die. Sand Strike."

Jumping behind a crate, I felt the impact of the weapons, one stabbing a hole through the thing.

Scared for a second, I bumped into one of the crates, reversing its content.

"I know these things."

It was the same thing the witch used when we fought, what were they called…guns?

Those…Does this entire place filled with these weapons? There are enough of them to destroy a country!

"I need to destroy them…"

"Found you."

Jumping over the box, Momo stabbed me with her white sword.

"Divine Slash!"

This felt...different.

Using a divine technique with this sword felt unnaturally easy as if the sword became a part of my body.

What sort of weapon did Dealmaker give me?

Momo blocked the attack with her own sword, but it shattered as if it was glass.

Jumping back a few steps, she stared at me with empty eyes as the ground around her shifted.

"Feast. Worm Bell Call."

From the ground, several, black rope-like worms emerged, moving quickly towards me.

Not thinking, I grabbed the katana with both hands and swing it, allowing all my energy to curse through it.

"Divine Technique: Dimensional Slash!"

With a shift attack I bisected the worms…and Momo…and the wall behind her.

"M-…Mast-…ter…"

With a faint thud, her upper body fell on the ground, spraying black blood everywhere.

"…Rest in peace, Momo."

I walked over to the corpse and closed her eyes, before walking away.

Bamm!

Somehow able to hear the shoot before it, jumped away, evading the bullet by a few centimeters.

"OH, he dodged it! No fun!"

Sitting on a crate of weapons a familiar figure was waiting for me.

"You? You were there! The prince's companion!"

"You remembered me? I am quite surprised, I completely forgot what you looked like."

The girl with the long-barreled gun jumped on the ground.

She wore the same black suit as Dealmaker, complete with a black hat that had a white feather on top of it.

"I was polite enough to allow you and your friend here to fight on my territory, but now that it is over, I guess I have to do my duties."

"Territory?"

"Hmmm, I guess I can tell you. This whole place is going to blow to bits with those two fighting."

Swinging the gun over her shoulders, she pushed a crate open taking out the weapon inside.

"After we were given bodies, Our Lord has tasked us with various jobs. Mine is to guard the A5 weapon storage. It's a boring job but it has its perks."

She crushed the gun with only her hand and threw it away.

"Anyway, now that you are here, I have no choice but to obey my orders. At least you will allow me to blow off some steam."

Aiming her gun at me, she smiled.

"I will count to three, then you are dead. One. Two. Th-"

"Dimensional Movement!"

Using one of the techniques I learned, I teleported behind her, my sword aimed at her back.

"Three."

As she said the word, an eye appeared on the back of her head, firring a laser-like projectile at my shoulder.

I was too surprised by this, I was too slow to react, the attack thorn through my shoulder, leaving a blood wound behind.

"Damn it!"

"What's the matter? Got a small scratch?"

As she turned to face me, she started to change.

Her cloth evaporated, showing the moist grey skin underneath it. From her back and hair, several tentacles grew, each ending with an eyeball looking hungrily in the world.

her face also changed; her mouth grew wider with jagged teeth.

In place of two, there was now only one eye in the middle of her forehead shinning in crimson red.

"What? Did you really think that Momo was the only one who got mixed with monsters powers? To naïve and sweet. So sweet that it will make your death even tastier."

*****

I will kill her.

"Divine bullet."

I will eat her."

"Thunder."

I will take everything she has.

"Round of Prayer!"

I will destroy everything!

Roaring in madness, I aimed my gun at the goddess.

"Divine Attack. Maddening Bullet."

The bullet went straight to her head, but she somehow managed to evade it.

"Don't underestimate me! Mudra Varum!"

Yet again a ball of water surrounded me.

"I don't need to breathe!"

"Mudra Suraya!"

Around the ball of water, a roaring tornado appeared, heating up the water.

"Are you trying to boil me? ME?! The TRUE GOD?! You are too naïve AAAAAAAAAAAAA!"

Slipping deeper into madness, my body started to change back into its monstrous form, still encased into the armor.

Now that I absorbed the fragment this appearance changed slightly. I became bulkier and an additional, smaller head grew on my back, resembling the skull of a cat.

"Madness Magic: Maddening Voice."

The skull on my back opened its mouth and a bone-chilling voice started to scream, dispersing the water and flames around me.

"I WiLl EaT yOuR sOuL!"

Above us, the goddess was praying as the rings around us gathered around her.

"This is the final judgment. May your sins be forgiven. Mudra Divine."

The rings fused together becoming a great ball of light, which slowly took the form of a  giant wearing golden armor.

"NO MORE MERCY!"

The giant raised its fist which became encased in a golden gauntlet of light.

"MUFRA PURIFICA!"

As the gauntlet approached me, I felt the air itself being purified and disintegrated.

An attack that can't be blocked, and its size makes it impossible to evade.

Is this the end? Will I die like a dog, unable to defend itself?

No.

I won't die. I refuse to die. I survived so many things, io will be damned to be killed in my own home!

Throwing away my weapons, I grabbed my head with each of my hands and tore it off, then threw it with all my strength.

While flying through the air, I saw my body vaporized before my eyes, only the souls of the gods remaining.

Then I saw the tower.

The big ball of stone has now become a small black hole, only kept in place by the magic circle around it.

It's ready to be fired. The greatest weapon I ever created. Even I don't know what would happen when I fire it. Connected to thousands of souls, theoretically, this thing could blow a planet into dust.

'Use it.'

'Erase her'

'Destroy. Destroy.'

"…YeS. DeStRoY."

I can always rebuild. There is nothing valuable here that cannot be replaced.

"The hour of reconning has come! DIVINE PRAYER: FIRE!"

*****

In the Divine Realm:

On the screen which displayed the state of the system which kept the whole multiverse in check, several alarms ringed.

[Alert!]

[Several systems errors detected]

[Alert!]

[Unnaturally energy consumption detected.]

[Alert!]

[Several soul extinctions detected]

[Alert!]

[Several Divine Soul extinctions detected]

[Alert!]

[Impending system collapse detected!]

"What is happening here?!"

One of the gods stormed into the room, looking furious and afraid at the same time.

One of the angels quickly bowed and spoke.

"We don't know! The scans just suddenly went on high alert, and everything turned out like this!"

Suddenly another notification appeared on the screen.

[Alert!]

[Several mana streams been disrupted]

[Alert!]

[Several qi streams been disrupted]

[Alert!]

[Several spiritual energy streams been disrupted]

[Alert!]

[Alert!]

[Alert!]

[Alert!]

" Shut that thing up and find me the epicenter of the alert!"

"Ye-Yes, sir!"

The angels in the room quickly ran to their posts, looking through the ungodly amount of data, till one of the youngest shouted.

"I found it! It's in the Gama sector at the edge of reality?"

"Gama? Isn't there we throw all the dead planets? What the hell is hap-"

[ALERT!]

The giant screen suddenly turned black, then several blood-red letters appeared on it.

[System failure]

[Breach detected]

[Number of anomalies: unknown]

[ Level of danger: Cataclysmic]

[Recommendation: Ragnarök]

Seeing this, the god started to sweat intensely, his voice shaking as he recited a prayer.

"Hea-Heavenly creator, protect your people from the evil that has come. Protect us from the darkness which shall swallow all creation."

The screen changed again, this time displaying a single message.

[Abandon all hope, they have arrived.]

21