Volume 4 Chapter 6. A familiar town
402 3 14
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Discord:http://discord.gg/krr2hTX9PD

+

+

Spoiler
[collapse]

+

 

On the walls of ■■■■■:

 

A young soldier rushed next to his commander holding a telescope in his hand.

"Captain, you should see this!"

The soldier gave the telescope to his superior.

"I swear to god Jerry, if this is again a flock of birds I will-

He looked in it and completely froze.

"What the hell is that?!"

What he saw was something that he couldn't even imagine in his wildest dreams.

A horde of monsters... coming in the direction of the city with great speed!

*****

“… I remember this.”

Fragments of memories flashed through my mind, showing the exact scene underneath us.

A carriage moving on a top speed towards the exterior walls of a city, with an army of monsters running at them.

"Go faster… We are too slow; we need to throw something…. Then go faster.”

‘Who are you talking to?’

I flew closer to the ground, seeing better what was happening.

As the wave of monsters got closer, I saw someone fighting them off, throwing various objects at them.

“This… I remember this….”

Out of nowhere, I was hit by an invisible force making me fall to the ground, my body slowly turning back into a liquid.

“Shit’ W-What was that?”

It wasn’t just me, but the other monsters also fell to the ground, spasming as foam escaped from their mouths.

‘It’s as if somebody put a barrier.’

“Barrier…The wall… Bobble inside…”

Now completely transformed into a liquid, I flew closer to the walls of the town.

In the meantime, I saw knights rushing toward the monster killing them, while they were on the ground.

….Perfect.

I slithered one of the isolated ones and when the other wasn’t looking, I acted.

I quickly reformed myself, and before he could shout in his surprise, I covered his mouth with my hand and pushed him to the ground.

“Don’t fight. You may even like this. Not judging.”

I leaned over his face and turned back into liquid, entering his body through his every orifice.

Once I was entirely in, I ate every little part of his body keeping only his skin and soul.

Feeling the warm orb of pure energy was comforting, even energizing.

[Soul decay has been pushed back by 10 days]

Ten days? I can lengthen my life by collecting souls? Why does it sound so familiar…

“Whatever, this isn’t important. I have a city to explore.”

I got on my feet, and I slowly walked to the city gate.

‘I want to be a duck!’

“We are staying human.”

Once at the gates, I passed next to the guards without a problem. The city itself had a medieval design with primitive people going by their primitive life.

Well, they are primitive to me!

Once I was sure that no one was watching, I made the body collapse, slithering out of him, and feeling generous enough, I let the soul leave.

Now that I am here, what’s next? Since it seems like possessing a body extends my life, I should score a new one. This time let’s try something else.

Somehow knowing where I wanted to go, I possessed a nearby dog, which did not extend my life, and I ran to the poor district.

Here people were miserable, malnourished, and poorly dressed, with the air filled with the smell of urine, blood, and shit.

And as for me, I could smell the countless wishes these people had, ready to give me their arms for a loaf of bread.

As I wandered into a dark black alley, I found my perfect victim.

Lying in a pile of garbage was two kids hugging each other, with a piece of cloth wrapped around them.

What I could tell from their hair color and facial features was that they were brothers, maybe even twins.

Here comes some gold old child extortion.

I approached them and sniffed them, waking up one of them.

“Hmm? A doggy? Go away! We aren’t dead yet!”

Like when I did that cursed cat and hamster, I formed my mouth in the throat of the animal so that I could speak.

“Clearly. You would make quite a loud corpse.”

The kid seemed quite shocked by my words, his chin almost falling on the ground.

“What? Never seen a spirit possessing a dog before. Did your parents never tell you stories of heroes and demons?”

The kid was quite sad, a small tear running down her cheek.

“…I am sorry, I misspoke. Allow me to introduce myself.”

I sat down and raised a paw forward.

“ Name is…Dealmaker. I am a body-less spirit capable of granting wishes, and I have a nice offer for you.”

Seeing the kid's eye focused on me, I continued with my speech.

“What would you say if I could give you warm food? Clean clothes maybe? What about parents? I can give all of them to you! If you accept my offer naturally.”

I approached him slightly, looking right into his eyes.

“You see, I am currently having a problem of not having a body. If you may be kind enough to offer me your body, I can make your wishes come true. All you have to do is shake my hand- sorry, paw and accept my deal.”

I lifted my right foot.

“What do you say, kid? Would you make a deal with a lonely dog like me so that you may provide for your little brother there?”

After a couple of seconds, he reached out and shook my paw.

[Contract has been made.]

[Contract Details: Nameless will provide his body to Nameless. In exchange, Nameless will provide a home to Nameless, which has a loving family, warm food, and anything else needed for a pleasant life.]

What a confusing contract, but if it works, it works.

Immediately, I shout out from the dog’s mouth right onto the kid’s taking over his body.

Once inside, I didn’t eat him, but I made sure to take a hold of every function of his body, be it his breathing or heartbeat.

“You made the right choice kid.”

I got myself out of the bundle of cloth and exercised this new body of mine.

“Hmmm? You were a girl? Couldn’t tell with all the filth which was covering your body.”

Once I was sure that I had the complete command over this meat pile, I clapped my hands together as I tried to focus.

“Been a while since I did this, but if I remember correctly, I do this and…”

After sucking up quite a chunk of mana, I opened my hands, revealing a small ball of blue light, the size of a small egg.

The ball glowed for a short second, then with the sound of a balloon popping, it exploded into small particles, which were carried away by the wind.

“All done.”

In the past, I didn’t need such dramatic actions, but now that I lost most of my power, I had no choice. 

With this trick, I messed a little with the fabric of the universe, starting a sort of domino effect that would make sure these two kids will arrive at a noble family.

There they will be taken in by the nobles and be worked there.

The loving family is the servants helping them.

Food will be provided to them as payment.

They will be thought to be maids and butlers.

With this, I completed the contract. With a little twist.

See, I never said when the contract will happen,

I set it so that they will become servants at the tender age of fifty. Why you may ask. Cause I could.

“Plus, this body is nice and all, but it's too small for my plans. I will look for a better one and I will ditch it. The work I need to do isn’t meant for kids.”

After a couple of blocks away I found a stumbling man, probably drunk, who was holding a jug.

His face was entirely red, as he sang obscene songs into the air.

When I was sure no one was looking, the moment he was next to us, I shot from the kid’s mouth and attacked him.

He wanted to scream, but I quickly flooded into his mouth, blocking any sound he could make.

As he struggled to breathe, I went into his brain and devoured the entire thing, replacing it with myself.

[Soul decay has been pushed back by 6 days]

“Hmmm, I got less than a soldier, but I am happy for the extra time.”

This shows that to have my lifespan extended, I have to kill people.

‘Good thing we are here.’

“Yup. Let’s have a little snack.”

*

*

*

[

Name: None

Race: Broken Memory

Age: 1.345. 654

Job: [Mad Alchemist Master] [King of Crossroads] [Bain of Creation]

LV: 1/ 100

HP: 1000/1000

MP: 10/5000

STR: 4000

VIT: 10

SPD: 300

MRES: 2000

DC: 26 days, 23 hours, 59 minutes,

Skill PT:0

Physical attributes: [Dark Vision] [Liquid Body] [Madness Embodiment] [Immortality]

Skills: [King of Crossroads Contract Creation, LV: Max] [ King of Crossroads Wish Granting, LV: Max] [King of Crossroads Business Sense, LV: Max] [Alchemy Mastery, LV Max] [ Masterful Golem Creation, LV: Max] [Masterful Abomination Creation, LV: Max] [ Masterful Summoning Magic, LV: Max] [Divine Telekinesis, LV: Max] [Divine Weapon Summon, LV: Max]]

Titles: [Broken Soul] [Enemy of Creation] [Escapee of the Void] [Killer of worlds] [Taboo Breaker] [Eater of Kin]

]

 

14