Volume 4 Chapter 10. Spirit Flies  
448 4 16
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

This character was brought by avulazi.

Patreon : https://www.patreon.com/user?u=51077809&fan_landing=true

Discord : discord.gg/krr2hTX9PD

+

+

+

Ban Yei (Samurai) POV:

“Finally, here.”

I landed not far away from the city, afraid to alert the guards keeping up watch.

As I remembered, the city was surrounded by tall walls and a barrier that was invisible to the naked eyes.

“I still don’t understand how Dealmaker managed to enter this place the first time. Is there a hole in the barrier, from where he entered?”

I slowly walked towards the city; my sword put on my waist.

Even though I didn’t want to admit it, I grew attached to it in the short while I had it. It was different from the weapons I had till now, it felt… alive. As if it was growing stronger alongside me.

It was probably my imagination since I couldn’t feel anything from it.

“I shouldn’t think about it now. If it turns out to be cursed, I will deal with it.”

I went to the edge of the wall, feeling the energy of the barrier going through me.

“If I remember correctly, right now Dealmaker is an adventurer. I need to hurry; I can’t even imagine what he’s doing.”

*****

Slowly, I poured out of the mouth of my past self and reformed a few steps away from him.

“You two are here?”  

‘Yes.’

‘Here and ready!”

Inside my head, I could hear the voices of the two girls, vibrating in my not existing skull.

‘Hey? Who are you two?’

‘Hmmm? Curious. You are him, yet you aren’t. A separate personality?’

‘He looks like a duck! So funny! Let’s eat him!’

‘Quack! Leave me alone, beast woman!’

‘Sister! Spit that out this instant!’

“Shut up! All of you! You’re giving me a migraine!”

I looked down at my unconscious body and suddenly had an idea.

Slowly, I lifted my index and dropped some of my black liquid into the mouth of my young self.

‘What are you doing?’

“An assurance. In case you want to fuck me over.”

‘Hehehe, someone has trust issues!’

“You know my story. You know why.”

 ‘You are paranoid.’

“Call it what you want. It may be the thing that kept me alive for so long.”

I walked up the stairs and left the house, not letting the occupants.

“So where should I start?”

‘There is a person who possesses a unique power who you missed the last time you came here. He should know where you need to look.’

“Then guide me.”

Before me, a red hologram appeared, shaped like an arrow.

Not wanting to draw attention to myself, I liquefied myself and looked for a body to inhabit.

Bingo.

When no one was looking, I jumped on the nearest guy and took over his body.

“Ugh, this guy had a hangover. Ohh, my head is killing me.”

‘Suck it up, baby!’

With uniform legs, I followed the glowing arrow, bringing me to the nicest parts of the city.

‘It’s here.’

I stopped before a wooden house, with no signboard or any noticeable difference.

Slowly, I opened the door and stepped in.

The interior was well lit, with lavish furniture and decorations that a piece could feed an entire family for a month.

“Who da fivk are ya’?”

The bulky man walked toward me, the smell of alcohol was oozing from his mouth and body, definitely not the owner of this place.

“…Is he the one I am looking for?”

‘No.’

‘KILL HIM!’

Smiling, I lifted my hand and pointed at the chest of the warrior.

“Telekinesis: Push.”

With the force of a bullet, a force flew out from my finger, breaking through his chest and breaking the wall even behind him.

The warrior couldn’t even react to it, he just fell to the ground, blood oozing from his body.

“Why haven’t I done this before?”

I snapped my broken finger to its place and stepped over his body.

Hearing what happened, a door opened that probably led to the basement, and several heavily armed people came out.

“What happened?”

“We are under attack!”

“Somebody wakes up the boss!”

I kept silent, looking through the guards, trying to find someone who could be a danger to me.

“I can dispose of them, right?”

‘Yup.’

‘RIPE THEM TO PIECES!’

Smiling, I raised my arms before them and concentrated.

“Telekinesis: Crush!”

At the same time, my arm exploded into bits, and an invisible force fell upon them.

The warriors fell to their knees,  some were lying on their stomachs, screaming in pain and anguish. Armors bent, bones broke, organs ruptured, some died comically, others begged to the very end.

Once the invisible force was lifted, the man was nothing more than a flat pile of raw meat, mixed with shards of bones and metal.

‘You are wounded.’

I looked down at the bleeding wound where my right arm was and concentrated.

From where blood was coming from, my black liquid came out, forming an entirely new arm.

“It’s just the body. I can always change it. Rather, tell me where I should go?”

‘…The basement.’

I walked to the door, not caring about what I was standing on, and went down to the basement.

calling the place, a basement was generous, it was actually a prison, consisting of a single cell.

Before the cell, a man was sleeping, a spear lying next to him.

The keyword was ‘was’.

The second I saw him, I extended my black hand and with the blade I created while in midair, cut his head off.

‘You know he could have been the one we were looking for, right?’

“He was?”

‘No.’

“Then there is no problem.”

I kicked the corpse aside and approached the cage.

Shackled to the wall, was a young man.

He wore a white shirt and brown pants, the brown hair he had hid most of his face, but I could see the broken glasses.

‘It’s him. Now do as I-‘

“You do realize who you are talking to?”

I hit a part of the cage, drawing his attention to me.

“Ya conscious?”

He blinked at me with empty eyes, the obvious signs of abuse could be seen.

“You are. Good. Then we can talk.”

I pushed the headless body of the chair, turned it, and sat on it.

“Give me all the information you can about him.”

‘…his name is….”

“Who are you?”

A faint word rang, as the prisoner spoke.

“Me? The name’s Dealmaker. What is important is who you are.”

I breathed in deeply and used my business voice.

“You are Wren, more commonly known as Find, a nickname that you received because of your… special talent. A talent which I imagine, made you land here. My guess is these idiots wanted to use you.”

he said nothing, but I could see that he was listening.

“I won’t be kicking around the bush, you are an intelligent man. Born and raised on the street, parents absent the second you were out of the womb, stealing to survive. But that’s just your second life, isn’t it? The first one wasn’t much better.”

Hearing this, he looked up at me, his brown eyes fixed on me.

“That’s right my friend. I am aware of your previous life. Born in America, and raised by a good family. Only just a high school student when that truck hit you. Your life has ended at the tender age of sixteen. Which makes you, what? A total of 39 years old?”

I leaned forward taking over a dominating stance.

“You are living your second life, equipped with the knowledge and power to put you in a better place, and look where you landed? I have the feeling that you are not quite good at this whole transported to a different world thing. “

“…Shut up.”

“Oh, you can talk. Then you must understand what I am saying.”

I stood back up and walked to the edge of the cage.

“As my name tells you, I am someone who makes deals with others. I am quite a master of It. And you’re in luck because I just came with a deal that may bring you a maximum gain.”

I put my black arm through the cage, making it move like water before him.

“You might have guessed, but I also possess a special talent. One that curses me for not having my own body. I have to change them periodically, to stay alive. The stronger the body the longer it can accommodate me. But this rule doesn’t apply to you, my friend.”

‘What are you doing?’

“You see, if I inhabit the body of someone who possesses a special power, then I can stay in them for the end of times.”

This was a lie of course. How could a puny body of someone like him could keep my godly powers forever? The idea itself was nothing but ridiculous, but he didn’t need to know that.

“This is what I am offering. Telekinesis.”

With my intact hand, I grabbed onto his shackles and broke them into pieces, destroying my own bones in the process.

Find massaged his wrists while keeping his eyes on me.

“I will help you settle the score. Give you power and knowledge out of this world. In exchange allow me to inhabit your body and gain free access to your gift.”

Find slowly stood up and slowly walked to before my hand, his breathing was slowly from the wounds he probably had.

“In one… condition… I want… to be… conscious… I want … to know… what you will do. with my body.”

“That was my plan from the beginning. Just shake on it and you have a deal!”

With some hesitation, he grabbed my liquid arm.

In that instant, I had flown right out of this useless body and entered his, through his mouth.

‘I can’t believe that this worked.’

‘Humans are stupid!’

‘Yeah! Ducks are better!’

‘…Cooked.’

“Silence. Find, are you in there?”

There was no answer, but I could feel him, seeing and hearing his surroundings.

“Alright now, how do I do this again.”

‘It's easy. The Gift of The Searcher activates when the user concentrates on the image of the object or person he’s searching for. A detailed description can also work.’

“An image of someone I want to find…”

I concentrated and clashed my hand, before opening it again, releasing several ghostly blue butterflies into the air.

“Alright then. Bring me to the samurai.”

*

*

*

[

Name: None

Race: Broken Memory

Age: 1.345. 654

Job: [Mad Alchemist Master] [King of Crossroads] [Bain of Creation]

LV: 1/ 100

HP: 1000/1000

MP: 50000/5000

STR: 4000

VIT: 10

SPD: 300

MRES: 2000

DC: more than a year.

Skill PT:0

Physical attributes: [Dark Vision] [Liquid Body] [Madness Embodiment] [Immortality]

Skills: [King of Crossroads Contract Creation, LV: Max] [ King of Crossroads Wish Granting, LV: Max] [King of Crossroads Business Sense, LV: Max] [Alchemy Mastery, LV Max] [ Masterful Golem Creation, LV: Max] [Masterful Abomination Creation, LV: Max] [ Masterful Summoning Magic, LV: Max] [Divine Telekinesis, LV: Max] [Divine Weapon Summon, LV: Max]]

Titles: [Broken Soul] [Enemy of Creation] [Escapee of the Void] [Killer of worlds] [Taboo Breaker] [Eater of Kin]

]

 

16