Chapter 18: Out Came The Son
100 2 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The assault rifle bucked in a way it had never bucked before, the recoil being three times as powerful as normal, the gun even going so far as to get rapidly heated up in the process. The skill was completely incompatible with the weapon, but still there was enough force behind it for a favorable result. There were now multiple holes in the spider's backside, each and every one of them bleeding as the massive monstrosity shuddered. I'm not so sure that it can feel pain, but nevertheless I had caused enough damage to give it pause, leaving me with the next few precious seconds to prepare another charge Shot.

"Charge Shot!"

I could feel the gun heating up within my grasp, I knew after this shot, the entire gun would be completely bust. In fact, I had the feeling I would have to get rid of the gun as quickly as possible if I didn't want it to explode in my face. While the assault rifle did not have any sort of mana core like the handgun, the rifle has mana pathways for suitable skills. And it was those pathways I had probably ruined by channeling the [Charge Shot] skill. Either way it was all or nothing with these next shots, I either kill the spider or die, and in the end the alternative was still dying, so be that as it may, I was giving this my all.

The eyes of the spider were upon me. I didn't think for one second that it was injured enough to bring this fight to a close. But I knew it felt the first shot and just like me it probably wanted to end this confrontation in one fell swoop. In all honesty I can understand and respect that, from one warrior to the other. So this next attack would determine everything, so there was no need to wait and give the damn monster the initiative.

The barrel of the gun blasted apart as the bullets flew out. I hissed in pain as molten metal dropped all-over my lap and stomach, from the gun's destruction. It was painful, but that was just extra pain to be added to the rest that I was currently feeling, there was no difference at all.

I caught the spider off guard, there was no time to react after all these were bullets I just shot at it. Bullets that have been charged with my mana, giving them speed, power, and properties they would never normally have. And honestly it's quite unfortunate that the gun I used wasn't strong enough to keep up with my [Charge Shot] skill, but the ensuing outcome was well worth it.

The spider was missing its head and a significant part of its body. Honestly I'm surprised me, that's a totally unexpected result. I was expecting a couple of holes in its head, but for it to be all but gone was an absolute delight. Forget the use of my spells, I should have been paying a bit more attention to what my previous learned skills could do. It was freaking amazing! But! With one enemy out of the way, I guess it's time to die? Honestly it was coming along a lot slower than I thought it would. Annoying, but I guess it would be better to have a look at my notifications before I kick the bucket, but in a manner of speaking, the end of this spider seems totally anticlimactic... But I won't jinx myself or look a gift horse in the mouth, dying is a shitty process, I should at least do it in peace.

[Charge Shot Has Leveled up to 9! +6 to Physique +6 to Movement]

[Lion Stomp Has Leveled up to 6! +3 to Physique +2 to Movement]

[Lion Claw Has Leveled up to 5! +4 to Physique +4 to Movement]

[Lion Strike Has Leveled up to 6! +6 to Physique +12 to Movement!]

[Terran Combat Series: Lion Fist Has Ranked up to C-! +15 to Physique +20 to Movement! The passive skill Leo's Instinct Has Been Obtained!]

[Leo's Instinct Has Ranked up to E+! +10 to Physique]

[Lesser Spider Stride Has Leveled to 2! +2 to Movement]

[Resilience Has Ranked up to E+! +10 to Physique]

[Regeneration Has Ranked up to D- +15 to Physique +15 to Magic]

[Mana Control Has Ranked up to D-! +25 to Magic]

[Wind Blast Has Leveled up to 6! +3 To Movement +5 to Magic]

[Light Heal Has Leveled up to 10! (Max!) +30 to Magic +30 to Physique! Advanced spell Aurora has been unlocked!]

[Aurora: A light element healing spell that targets the caster's comrades within a 5-meter radius. Utilizing the Mana of all allies to create chain healing that bounce from ally to ally for 3% total health in 8 seconds! Cast time is 5 seconds with a 5-minute cool down]

[Attribute Light Element has leveled up twice! To 5! +100 to magic! +25 to Movement +10 to Physique! Synergy Passive Skill with Class has been Unlocked! Arcane Chloroplast! Arcane Chloroplast Has Absorbed Skill Regeneration to become! Druid's Photosynthesis!

[Druid's Photosynthesis: Your body now absorbs and stores the light element! +15% resistance to Curse, Dark Element and Necrotic Spells/Skills. Can Stimulate the growth and nurturing of all bio organic life by 50%! PASSIVE Regeneration under Sunlight or in place of light element concentration is Increased by 25% Plant based spells and Skills Are Strengthened by 10%]

[Class Druid Has Leveled up to 10! +100 to Magic! +30 to Movement! +10 to Physique! Class Skills: Nature's Tongue and Entangle has been Unlocked!]

[Nature's Tongue: You can speak and listen the voice and Secrets of nature. Favorability with plant, animal, and spirits increased by 10% per level!]

[Entangle: create vines, roots, and plants capable to holding down your foes! Passively absorbs mana and life force from entangled enemies. This skill works only in areas where earth is available.]

That was a lot to look at if I have to be honest. I have grown, and like the norm Every time I level all of my energies should be refreshed. So I can heal myself and get out of this mess that I've put myself in, except....

"Where am I?"

I asked out loud hoping but not expecting anybody to give me an answer. I'm sitting in the middle of a meadow, with a lake in front of me, and on that lake was a cross that was dripping blood, but yet the moment it fell off the cross, it became water that joined with the massive lake.

"What the absolute fuck is going on here?!"

" Maybe you shouldn't curse so much in heaven Samson, we have an image to protect after all. I mean in all honesty I could probably curse too, as I've come to find nothing quite tells the world how much of a fucked up situation you're in when you curse. It's fucking therapeutic."

I jumped up in shock, not just due to the fact that someone had just appeared and spoke besides me, but for the fact that I had suddenly gone from sitting on a meadow of soft green grass, to sitting on a park bench facing the lake.

A man, more handsome than any bloody man has the right to be sat on it, looking at me with what seems to be extreme amusement. Behind him was another man...err wait that's a woman, with wings so large, they were probably the size of two Lamborghinis. And she was also beautiful, like so beautiful it was downright scary, though if I had to be honest standing behind the man... Her beauty was completely overshadowed. But what was important was their strange appearance and the fact that she was glaring at me.

"Michael, it's bad enough that you chose the form of a woman, I get that angels are gender fluid as these young ones say these days. But do you have to glare so hard, and stop it with this whole gender swap thing, it's freaking me out and I can't think. So tone it down a little, big brother? Son?"

The woman rolled her eyes, as with a flash of light 'she' became a 'he' in a well-dressed white suit with motifs of golden wings on it. The ornate spear in his hands didn't do much to ease the mood as I doubt this 'Michael' knew the meaning of the word tone it down.... wait! Michael!!

"I'm dead aren't I?" I asked the man, who at this point I noticed was dressed like a freaking rock star. All black clothes with a leather jacket I would probably kill to have, a t-shirt with the album cover for Michael Jackson's thriller. Long bleach white blond hair, that was as unruly as it could get, and a fucking Halo floating behind his head.

"I'm really am dead aren't I?" Wow, I'm repeating myself, but then again I sort of just want the fact that I'm dead to sink in. Somehow it feels nice.

"Well in a manner of speaking you are Dead... But as you will soon come to find out... Death doesn't really have that much sway on you anymore. Either way come sit down Samson, let's have a chat!"

I blinked, or rather I didn't blink but suddenly I was no longer standing but sitting. With a steaming mug in my hand as my shock got even more severe.

"Calm down man, I'm not going to eat you or anything. We're the good guys, and not to toot my own horn kid, but I am the ultimate 'Good Guy!' but where are my manners, have some tea Samson and enjoy the view, go on! I guarantee you will not regret this, have a sip."

Honestly I even more don't want to have a 'sip' but this might be 'God' I was talking to. Sure I was surprised by the way he presented himself, but there's no iteration Media back on earth hasn't tried, in the numerous attempts to portray the creator of the universe(at least according to Christianity). So I will just mind myself and drink the damn tea, Ahhh it does taste quite nice.

"I'm Jesus." He said with a smile.

"Pffffssssssttttttt!!"

I choked, I'm choking right now... Dying all over again. This is ridiculous.... Jesus? I mean I can understand a rock star God but.... Jesus? Wow.... So much for stereotypes.

"I know right? I mean everyone just has or rather used to have this perception of me that's just.... boring. I mean come on, I'm Jesus, the Messiah, with a whole religion made and named after my own name, I can't be some boring old dude in a robe, with a beard and terribly unfashionable hair! I'm Jesus for Christ's sake.... I'm awesome."

Wow, just wow. I'm totally speechless, because my life or death? just took a weird direction and I am confused. The main question is... Will I have to start avoiding Jesus of all people in heaven.... He seems really.... boisterous.

"Anyways Samson My guy let's get down to business!" All of a sudden there's a pair of reading glasses on his face, and a book that I'm sure as hell is a Bible being held upside down.

"You just got to level 10, which means you get to unlock one of your Miracles. The next should be at either 15 or 20 I don't know how Oya wants to handle it. The girl is still taking your mother's death quite hard. Either ways, there's me, there's us, there's all of heaven and the fact stupid Elven gods have been laying siege to the bloody pearly gates for 23 fucking years! Forgive my language. Either way, you're here now, you've awakened your miracle yay! And the bloody quest tab! And Divine Visions. So reoice! you're going to be the first to experience that aspect of the system for humanity.

Now enough jumping around the place, I have limited time so I'll get to the nitty gritty. Now most gods have multiple chosen from different generations. With each generation being 5 years apart, sometimes a god or goddess has multiple sharing different aspects of their abilities. Now heaven can't do much to help in this war, we've got 28 gods of long eared freaks banging down on our gates, which if I might add cost a bloody fortune to build!"

"...."

" Anyways, you'll have to turn the tide of this war, from your side. If we are to intervene and help, cause it's not just the elves you now have to worry about. I, we, all of heaven needs you to hit the elven Gods from the mortal world. That would weaken them enough to back the fuck off! Or just go on ahead and die to THE WRATH OF GOD! And so on and so forth. You'll receive quests from me, my pops who is also me, my brothers and sometimes sisters who are also my children... Weird I know. But we deal with it in stride. You'll be rewarded for the quests you complete, so it should give you more strength to tackle more difficult problems. Now your miracle is multifaceted, you'll also gain a second class too, which if you ask me, I'd say is pretty neat as that would bring you closer, should also make things easier for Oya. Now where was I? Yes, Miracle! Your Miracle is in fact a bloody Miracle! It's simply known as [RESSURECTION!]

With it, Every time you die, you resurrect after 3 seconds for 7 times of perfection, then 3 minutes for seven times of perfection, then 3 hours for seven times of perfection, then 3 days, then 3 weeks, then 3 months, then 3 years, plus this one freebie I'm giving you each iteration happening only seven times. Which means you can die how many times... Help me out here Michael."

"You have 49 lives!"

" Yes! 49 lives Samson! And the best part is! You will not die, until all 49 lives are expended! So if you can manage it well, then Kid you can bloody live forever. A chance to grow stronger infinitely.... You might even end up becoming a god yourself. Now I think we're done here, also ignore the bleeding cross over the lake, I just wanted to be dramatic. And since this is heaven! We cannot disappoint all of the movies and shows about us that has gone forth! So there'll be a little spirit guidance shit, aka kid your parents want to talk to you. Now I'm off to go find a way to trip Nuda'rkinel or make the bloody dark elf bitch fall on her own spear from the safety of my freaking expensive gate, also I have to meet up with Mohammed later, that guy just can't take a break can he? Oh well Later gator!"

And with that Jesus! Freaking Jesus! and the arch Angel Michael were gone. And they took the tea along with them, which isn't nice. But at least they left the bench.

And for a moment it was just me and the tranquility of the meadow, it was life and it was nature and it was so damn peaceful. To be honest it was a good time to reflect on everything I've been through over the past two days. If I have to be honest I've changed, maybe not so much but, the way I think and see the world seems different, like after I killed the elven prince and his followers, defeating ghosts of my past, I've just felt so.... Light. And for the first time since my parents passed I could actually breathe, I could actually live.

So far I think I've just been holding my breath, too scared to commit to anything, haunted yet somehow pushing forward. But I knew I moved forwards because I just didn't want to be left behind, because there was nothing else for me to do but fight, after all it's the right thing to do. I have to fight the elves, after what I lost there was no other way to live my life... It really was haunting. But right now, after realizing that they were just mortals, people with their own lives and dealing with their own bullshit, driven to war by the greed of the gods they serve... I feel like getting a farm. Because the elves turned out to be just that... People.

"Omo Mi(my child).... You've grown." That voice? The language. I've not had Yoruba spoken to me since my mother passed, my uncle was a military man through and through and stuck soundly to his English. But my parents have always said that even with the unity if the world, it was disrespectful to forget you mother and father tongue. And so unlike most African kids, I was one of the few who still knew how to speak or maybe not speak, but understand the language of their forefathers. But don't cry, don't turn around, don't cry, don't turn around. I can't... It's not real.

"Mama!"

there was a mixup between chapters as I had not posted chapter 16 And instead uploaded 17 in it's place. The mix up has been fixed and new chapters are in the horizon.

3