Chapter 23: The Black Widow Of Black Widows
114 2 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

[Aurora Has Leveled Up to Level 3! +5 to Magic]

[Class Cleric Has Leveled Up To Level 3! +6 to Magic, +1% to all Cleric and Holy spells]

[Miracle Bonus +7 to All Stats]

[Entangle Has Leveled Up To Level 3! +8 to Magic, +4 to Movement]

 

NAME

Samson Michaels

AGE

19

MIRACLE

Resurrection(48)/????

Gods

Jesus Christ/????

CLASS

Combat Officer

MANA CLASS

Druid (Lv10) 61%

Cleric (Lv2)

10%

RANK

Battle Acolyte

ATTRIBUTES

Wind (Lv2) Light (Lv5) Water (Lv1) Holy (Lv1)

STATISTICS

Physique 299

Movement 393

Magic 652

PASSIVE SKILLS

Firearms Mastery (D+)

Blades Mastery (C+)

Terran Combat Series: Lion Fist (C-)

Resilience (D-)

Leo's Instinct (E+)

Mana Control (D-)

Eye of Divinity (E+)

Druid Photosynthesis (E+)

Nature's Tongue (E-)

Soul Series: Aegis Mentis (D-)

ACTIVE SKILLS

Charge Shot (Lv9)

Quick Draw (Lv6)

Swift Thrust (Lv4)

Lion Stomp (lvl 6)

Lion Strike (Lv7)

Lion Claw (Lv5)

Lesser Spider Stride (Lv2)

Wind Blast (Lv6)

Wind Drag (Lv2)

Light Heal (Lv10MAX)

Morph:(Wolf Cub) (Lv5)

Aurora (Lv1)

Entangle (Lv1)

Blessed Body (Lv1)

 

 

 

 

I had more magic in me than the bloody Cymerian brood mother, however the amount of magic was relative to the race. Elves had more magic than humans or at the very least at a higher potency than humans could. Which was why the magic stat really couldn’t be measure by the just the amount that’s shown. There’s a plethora of bonuses that went into making the magic and skills a lot more potent than normal.  But going up against that monster is easier said than done, and since I’ve already established that we could break through it’s defenses, then we could hurt it and bring it down for good, there was only one other problem.

 

“Are you sure about what you’re saying Samson? We all heard the scream, but to us the only thing we experienced was a severe headache that lasted just a moment. But still you’re saying  that’s an attack that can destroy the soul…. How come you survived it?” Salma asked as Nguyen moved past to place the fourth impromptu bomb Kimberly had just finished crafting.

 

“He didn’t survive it Salma….. did you Samson?” Kaixuan asked as Ricardo materialized outside of a pool of darkness, a pensive look on his face as they all waited for me to answer…. But I couldn’t. I was very different from the boy who landed on this planet, but yet… the person I became was dead, he died three times already. And talking about dying, it made me feel hollow, and probably for the first in what’s going to be many times, I’m wondering if this miracle of mine is nothing more than a curse.

 

“You have some sort of immortality miracle don’t you? You can’t be killed, or at least you don’t stay dead. Which means you’ve died Samson, and more than once from the looks of it. Tobias said as he moved a massive rock aside, creating a more stable choke point against the spiders should they attempt to attack again.

 

I shuddered, the attention was more than a little jarring and I felt trapped under all of their scrutiny. Either way we didn’t have much time, and they knew it just as I did. There was no time to be discussing about how fucked up my life has suddenly become, all due to the fact that the blessing I waited my whole life for, was rapidly turning out to be a curse. But then again he warned me, I should have listened closely.

 

“We don’t have much time, the longer we wait the more mana that monster will regenerate and that will fuck us up. But we can’t utilize a frontal assault to go after her, she would probably use her brood to tire us out, and that would not turn out well for us. Even more so if she uses that soul attack, I didn’t last more than 2 seconds against it, and dying to it was worse than anything I have ever experienced. None of you can get close to that monster, so on account of my miracle it has to be me, I have to take care of this.”

 

“But you can’t do it alone can you? She would probably set her broods on you when you get close or even use the soul attack, I’m going on a conjecture here, but you probably need to get close enough to deliver a decisive strike with Kimberly’s bombs don’t you?” Kaixuan asked, only for Kimberly to interrupt.

 

“I call them Black widows! Of course they’re not the original military grade black widow explosives, but this group of babies are the black widows of black widows. I used basic nano-carbon fiber coating to create independent circuits, that can run mama through them all at an instant and create a combined yet somewhat stable-unstable explosive. But emphasis on the somewhat here, that’s way too many cores strung together and I shudder to think what the person responsible for delivering the pay load would look like once this is all over. Never the less, we just need to drop this anywhere near, preferably on the body of the brood mother and get the hell out of dodge. Mana is incredibly reactive and is a component that loves chain reactions more than anything. I honestly can’t guarantee that the person setting it off would survive. With their own mana in play in such a radioactive mana environment, weird stuff can happen.”

 

They all turned their heads to look at me, it was annoying. So now that they knew I  couldn’t die, I now have to be the person who carries out the suicide missions. It was messed up, but even if I wanted to get angry I couldn’t bring myself to do so as even I knew only I could do it. Heck I already told them that none of them would survive getting close to the brood mother. It was one thing to want to sacrifice myself on my own terms, it was another if said sacrifice is what is now expected of me, from someone else who had absolutely no idea what it was like to die.

 

“If you can’t do it Samson we can totally find another way.” Ricardo said as he came close and placed an arm on my shoulder. I felt weird, almost as if I was being manipulated, but considering all that has happened so far that can not be too farfetched, but such a life just won’t be right, lacking trust. Besides this was not the time, we have to survive this, and since it now falls squarely to me, I might have a bit of a plan anyways, and it was and would be an incredibly stupid plan.

 

“ill handle it, but this is what I need you guys to do for me.”

 

<<<<<<<<<<∆>>>>>>>>>>

ELVEN HOMEWORLD: SERCIA

DARK ELF HIGH CAPITAL: NE’NA’VI UNDERFOREST

 

She could not believe the message before her eyes, much less the fact that it was being sent to her by ‘him’ the unworthy. How was this possible, how did it happen that this has become her reality and the son she cast away, was now the only one she had. She had given up her daughters, given them up for more power, for a chance to be the pioneer of a new age for the dark elves, where sons can rule just as well as daughters. Rodal was unworthy, he was more wood elf than dark elf, and those blasted woodsmen were unworthy to seat on the throne of spiders and then her perfect achievement, a son with what many would consider prime and ultimate bloodline had been lost.

 

“arghhhhhhh!”

 

Her screams were terrible, unleashing a psychic blast of magic that threw all of her attendants away from her. The throne room shuddered in her rage as her silver white hair floated in the air from the release of power and rage. The magical projection of her eldest son and now only child flickered a few times, the richness of the dark elf queen’s magic almost rendering the structural integrity of the projection null. Rodal took a deep breath, the sun elf commander might say or think whatever the fuck she wanted to, but his mother was terrifying, wrathful and filled with rage, bitterness and pettiness. Most would say it was not the elven way, but she was the queen of darkness and she very much reveled in that status.

 

“Do you know who did it?” she asked, her breathing still erratic with a manic look on her face. It was unfortunate that all of this anger and rage was not because of the loss of a child, she had meticulously planned every step she had taken over hundreds of years. Most of her daughters were sacrificed to the elven goddess of moon, death, darkness and discord; Nuda’Kinel. Those that survived her thirst for power both material and arcane were married off in political alliances, given the bitch a lot more clout and influence than any other dark elf in history.

 

But she was greedy and guarded her power jealously, having a daughter inherit the throne would mean either death, or her taking on the black to become a priestess for  Nuda’Kinel, or be exiled into the bowels of the under forest, deep into the shadows of the earth, swallowed up by darkness for all eternity. In summary it would mean an end to her long and illustrious reign, an end to her power. But with a male on the dark elf throne, she still had control, she still had all her power and her son would be nothing more than a puppet king, and one that would steer the underforest in the direction she wanted it to go, but now it was all ruined.

 

“The human responsible for the deed has been marked mother..”

 

“Do Not Call Me That!” she snapped, causing the throne room to shake even harder as cracks appeared on the marble floor. Rodal swallowed, he was not within her presence but the murder in her eye still chilled him to his bones. He knew without a single shred of doubt that had he been in her presence, she would have probably taken his life in her rage. But be that as it may he quickly corrected himself.

 

“My apologies my Queen it was an oversight on my part. The murderer of the prince has been marked, however at the moment he and his fellow humans have sequestered themselves in a dungeon that have stood in the whispering woods for centuries yet never been cleared. It is my belief that they won’t survive the delve, but even if they do, we will be waiting outside for him to come out and face retribution for his terrible act.”

 

“Are you stupid Rodal?” she asked with an eerily calm voice, causing warning signals to fire off, one after the other in Rodal’s mind.

 

“No moth- My Queen.”

 

“Good, cause I do not believe one that came from my very own flesh would be so stupid. Send a contingent of elves into that dungeon and capture the person responsible for the death of my son, I want him alive and I want him intact. I’m on my way to that god forsaken place, and whoever is responsible, I’ll make sure he and the rest of the humans pay the price, they will all pay for stealing my power away from me! Now leave, your very sight sickens me.”

 

Rodal gave a deep bow as he cut the connection, leaving the queen alone with terrified attendants who at the moment wanted nothing more than to escape from her presence. She moved up a dais until she was sitting on a throne made from obsidian crystals and the skulls of dead ancient spiders. She smiled as she leaned back and leaned her head on a clenched fist, chuckling in self mockery as she whispered to herself.

 

“fuck!” and that was when the screams started.

3