Interlude Neku Grav-Boxes
1.4k 8 35
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 

The Neku grav box is a versatile cargo container common to many a household and even used heavily elsewhere. The grav-box completely replaced older packing solutions due to its ease of use, durability, and convenience. I’m sure you have noticed that many households have them on hand, and that is largely because they are highly reusable, so the standard practice among the Neku is to keep a few on hand in case the need for them arises. Afterall you never know when you might need to pack things away for storage.

The grav box is collapsible for storage as well. It comes with its own antigrav that allows a single person to easily move even heavy cargo. Largely removing weight as a factor in transport. That is not all, internal micro-inertial dampers protect the contents of the box from shock and other shipping hazards. Since the box itself is also very sturdy, you can simply even pack fragile stuff without extra material with no worry of it being broken in transit.

Grav-boxes come in several different types and sizes depending on the market. The household use version uses a cheap polymer as the primary material of the shell, and are powered by a regenerative power cell that features wireless recharging. A feature common to many a Neku device. In addition these small cells can last for months without being recharged. Common practice however is for cargo trucks to feature a wireless charger system to ensure the boxes stay powered during transit.


The Neku grav-truck is a common vehicle in Neku cities. Often used by any group that needs to move heavy loads, or large amounts of cargo regularly. It is a large vehicle featuring heavy anti-grav engines allowing not only the limited flight ability common to Neku ground vehicles but also the ability to transport heavy loads.

The main cockpit of the typical grav-truck supports a max crew of two, but some models seat four. The rear of the truck is the cargo cabin. Some models feature a secondary passenger cabin to allow more people to comfortably ride. The larger models typically feature inertial dampers, clime-controlled cargo cabins and full-flight grav engines. 

All models are designed with carrying loads of grav-boxes in mind. The cargo cabin is designed to efficiently hold and stack grav-boxes without wasted space. Some models are designed with free-floating cargo in mind as well. Custom models are often ordered by businesses to fit their exact needs. The Iniri courier service is no different, and employs a larger custom-designed model for their own transport needs that can serve any scenario they may encounter while doing their jobs in the city.

35