Chapter Eighty-Nine Awkward Dates, Dark Observations, and…
697 8 20
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Kirie sighed, as she saw a truck pull up to the house. She had a feeling that Qelu was finally here for their date. She hated this. Qelu seemed nice, but Kirie didn’t want to go on a date with her. Not that complaining ever did any good. Once Mommy Maru was set on something, there was little point in arguing with her, which is why she was stuck with this arranged date.

A moment after the truck stopped, a familiar Neku girl stepped out. She had seen her the other day. It was... Kiru if she recalled correctly. She was kinda cute for an older lady, and seemed nice. Not that Kirie really knew her. Qelu sure seemed to like her, really seemed to like her, in fact. Judging by what happened back at the big family party celebrating Qelu finding someone she likes. How Mommy Maru took that as an invitation to arrange a date between her and Qelu she didn’t know.

As Kiru was helping Qelu out of the truck, Kirie turned away from her window. She stretched a bit since she had been settled in front of her window far too long, and then checked herself in the mirror. To make sure she still looked presentable. While she didn’t much care about the date, she knew if she wasn’t presentable Maru would throw a bit of a fit. Kirie wanted to avoid those, as she didn’t much relish the experience. The mere thought of it made her shudder.

Happy that she was presentable enough. She looked clean, her hair wasn’t ruffled, and her fur had a nice sheen to it. She didn’t see anything that would upset Mommy Maru. She let out a breath, took a moment to center herself, and with practiced ease she pushed her thoughts, and feelings on this into that one small corner they would be safe in. Safe from Mommy Maru anyway. As it was, that was the only way part of her mind remained safe from Mommy Maru’s manipulations. Now with a mental mask firmly in place again, Kirie left her room. It was time to meet her date.

By the time she had reached the door, Qelu was already there. She didn’t see Kiru, but it seemed Maru was already speaking with Qelu. As she drew closer, she began to pick up what they were saying, or more accurately what Maru was saying to Qelu. Most of it was her typical stern spiel that she always gave to Kirie’s arranged dates.

Just as she drew close, however it changed, “... and when you two get back from your date, I better see some bonding.” Maru turned to Kirie, “Got that young lady? You better bond with Qelu this time. I spent too much effort arranging this for you, and it's getting hard to find suitable mates for you, since you keep failing to bond with them”

She suppressed an urge to protest, and instead replied, “... yes, Mommy.”

“Alright then, you two have fun, and I’ll see you both tomorrow morning!” said Maru.

Kirie nodded, blinked, and then stuttered out, “tomorrow!?”

“Yes, tomorrow. You’ll be staying with Qelu tonight.”

Qelu gave Maru a look, “You never said anything about that!”

Maru glared, “Go on, both of you.”

Kirie kept her head down, and slipped past Qelu, and out the door. Heading for Qelu’s truck. Behind her she could hear arguing. She was greeted near the vehicle by Kiru who helped her into the cabin, and got her settled. Not that she paid much attention, instead she was busy being worried about tomorrow.

She did notice when Qelu got there. Her shoulders slumped a little, and a pout on her face. Kirie could guess how that little argument went. There was no arguing with Mommy Maru, she always won. Qelu practically crashed into her seat next to Kirie. Instantly, Kiru spoke up from the driver’s seat, “Something happen?”

Qelu sighed, and then snorted, “Nana is such a pain! Apparently, the reason she was so deadset on this date happening today was just so she could dump little Kirie on me! We are stuck with her until tomorrow, as Nana is going to be out.”

Kiru frowned, and as she started the vehicle. “I would have appreciated a little more warning on that.”

“So would I!” responded Qelu anger in her voice, and then more calmly she continued “She waited until I got here to spring that on me.”

Kiru sighed, “Yeah it sucks when things are sprung on you last minute.”

Kirie noted that way that was said, and wasn’t too surprised when Qelu responded, “, but I apologized for that already!”

Kiru chuckled, “You did, but I still find it amusing that the same thing effectively happened to you.”

Qelu slumped a little, but didn’t reply. After a few minutes of silence Kirie finally decided to speak up. “So, um? Where are we going?”


Terqu stepped back into the clinic. She had just finished escorting the special students back to their campus. What just happened with them was... wrong. They were young, in that prime age range of discovery. That age where girls went out made friends, maybe even start dating, and on the cusp of adulthood. Yet from what she could see, none of them were being allowed to be girls. Worse any chance they may have had to truly be mothers was taken from them before they even had a chance to be one.

Thinking about it was honestly depressing though, so she forced the matter into a corner. Not without promising herself that she would uncover what that whole thing was about. Terqu needed to know what the others were doing with their eggs. It would likely shed some light on that matter. In the meantime, she had to check in with her boss. With that thought in mind, she made for the office, and whatever the next task was going to be. She just hoped it was something more normal, and not whatever that had been. Thankfully it did turn out to be something far more agreeable.

She arrived at the office to find her boss directing a few nurses. It seemed something was happening. When she was spotted, she was quickly informed, “Ah, Terqu you’re just in time.”

“Time for what?”

“I know earlier was your first time working with a male. We have another one, but this time it's one worth correcting. Well, worth correcting now, anyway. His potential is utter crap, even after enhancement, but as it turns out he has a few talents that make him worth considering for a captaincy. Today proved his lucky day, someone signed off on a correction procedure, and a supplementary course here at the academy. He arrived a few minutes ago, at dock fifty-three, and will be here in about ten minutes.”

She blinked, she’d never had an opportunity to assist with a correction procedure. Not many opportunities for it back at the capital. The whole lack of men may have played a role in that. It was after all kind of hard to do one without a man to perform it on. This was definitely not something she was going to have a problem with, if anything after seeing what happened to the other man she felt this was even more of a favor than she had previously believed. More than happy to assist, she fell in line with the others, and prepped an operating room for the first phase of the procedure. By the time the patient actually arrived, they had just finished getting ready for him.

As he was escorted into the room by a nurse, Terqu looked him over. He was roughly middle aged with a sturdy build. At a glance she could see why he had been passed up for this before. He looked strong, and there was definitely intelligence in those eyes, but with little potential, and already being grown... Well let’s just say it was hard to justify the cost of this favor on someone like him. He was certainly lucky that someone had agreed to the procedure, and promotion.

She did note that he was in uniform, but that didn’t stay on long. The nurses efficiently removed and discarded the garment, which revealed his nude form. It wasn’t much to look at, but she did note that he had not been spared that other procedure. Perhaps even a few more, as his genital’s looked terribly swollen, and abused. There was also something attached to them, and it certainly didn’t look to be a gentle device. A device the nurse’s simply ripped off him, tearing some of his flesh with it.

She frowned, “Is that alright?”

“Well, we were going to be removing that completely as part of the operation, so it's fine.”

Terqu nodded, “I guess it’s fine then. Although that did look to be unnecessarily rough.”

“It is, and if the circumstances were different I might have actually cared. I don’t.”

The nurses proved quite efficient at getting ready, and within moments he was securely placed on the bed. As she started hooking up probes so that they could monitor his vitals, Terqu asked him, “Have you been briefed on this procedure?”

“No,” was his quick reply.

Her boss was the one to speak to him next, as she interjected before Terqu could reply, “Well you are a lucky man, not many men your age get this chance.”

“I see.”

“Now then, you are going to be seeing us a few times over the next few weeks, but most of the work will be done today. You may feel some discomfort after the procedure, but that won’t be anything to worry about.”

Then she turned to Terqu, “Start monitoring his vitals, and I’ll start with removing his non-functional genitals. Then we can get into the real part of the procedure.”

By start, she meant to program the surgical arms to conduct the removal. Within seconds of her working the console, a small number of robotic arms secured the organ. Then a series of cuts were made with precise usage of a surgical laser. Finally the non functional organ was removed and set aside. A series of micro force-field projectors activated to produce an energy bandage, and the arms moved on. They began manipulating the remaining flesh, and using precise applications of a dermal regeneration laser. Further aided by calibrated injections at the site. After a few minutes, he had something far more proper between his legs. Although it did perhaps look a little odd, given the rest of his form.

As the arms receded above, Terqu was prompted for the next step. She turned to the console, and began to run a scan. Using it to calibrate the next surgical operation, while her boss had the nurses prepare a few injections. Of course by a few she meant quite a few. As they had well over a dozen different things to give, and some of these concoctions required being injected in multiple locations for the right effect.

While the two of them were doing that, a nurse fed the discarded organ into a machine. It was no longer functional, but that didn’t mean it was useless. That machine extracted everything left that they needed from it, and converted the rest into a nutrient solution. One that would be used for the next step in the process the machine was intended for.

Once they were ready, they began with a series of injections, across his body. No part was spared the needle, as the first doses were applied. At the same time, the arms were spun up, and they began by making a tiny incision at the base of his skull. A small needle-like arm entered the hole, and executed its programming. Then a more powerful version of a DRL [Dermal Regeneration Laser] was applied, this one could not only accelerate the healing of flesh, but bone as well. In seconds there was no evidence that a hole was there. The arms moved to the next location on his head, which required a somewhat larger incision. After removing a small circular plate of skin, and bone, several small arms moved inside to execute their programing.

At the same time, she was preparing the area around his belly for the next procedure. It was cleaned, locations highlighted, and a series of predetermined injections were performed in the area. By the time she was done the arms had already finished inserting a small device, and were closing up his skull. It took them only seconds, and the arms were immediately programmed for the next task.

They made a series of small incisions, which allowed a few special arms to intrude into his belly. Where they proceeded to correct his internals, preparing him to recieve a few new organs they were growing for him already. A process started earlier by a nurse. It would take a couple more hours for them to be ready, but the arms would need that time anyway to prepare his belly area to receive them. Already, those arms were stimulating the creation of new connections that went nowhere, energy bandages were being projected inside his organ cavity to prevent bleeding out while they worked. 

Over time his features softened, and his size even began to shrink a little as mass was redistributed according to the new body plan. He didn’t quite look finished, when the new organ set the machine was force-growing was finally ready for implantation. The arms were immediately programmed for it, and made a few delicate incisions, and pulled back a large amount of skin. Then they delicately moved the organ from the growth vat, and into the prepared location. It took mere seconds to hook it up to the prepared connections. A quick scan to confirm that everything had gone well, and to make sure everything lined up correctly, followed by a few adjustments, and then he was closed up. Now it was just injections, and stimulation.

With that done, they applied the last series of injections, including a new set of compounds injected into his chest. Then everyone stepped back, and allowed an arm to run over him with projected light beams. In response, to the energy his features seemed to melt a little, and his chest swelled. It took only a few minutes for the process to complete, and now here he was corrected, or perhaps it would be more accurate to say she. She wasn’t perfect quite yet, but she was functional. Follow up procedures would be required, but they would be simpler. Mostly cosmetic, with some of it being mental. Speaking of mental, they did have some remaining mental work to do now.

20