Subaru Household
86 2 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Those bastards," Krumi grumbled and her face was red with rage. Even though Krumi might be a child, her intelligence was very clear.

"Daddy….," Shiro called out as she looked at Isakawa, "What are the Subaru family games about?"

"Don't worry Shiro, I'll explain to you later," Isakawa smiled as he patted her head. 

Riko watched in awe because he didn't remember Isakawa showing any compassion to anyone. He also wondered why Isakawa was attending the family games. It's obvious they would use this opportunity to attack his family. 

Isakawa I want to ask, Why are you attending the family games?" Riko asked with a serious expression. 

"I do not find it interesting to participate in these so-called family games. But those bastards have been pestering me nonstop and threatened me. So I had no choice but to come," Isakawa confessed as he shrugged," he then continued, "In terms of Abilities I'm stronger than everyone in the Subaru household. However my father has the power to make me a target of the Hero's Association, so I can't make any rash decisions."

Isakawa: "Attending the family games will cause him to stop pestering me for a while, and I also just want to go. It's been a long time since I've seen that old bastard's grumpy face," Isakawa said with an evil grin on his face. 

Riko: "Hmm, Isakawa I have an idea..." he muttered as he took this as a chance to make a deal with Isakawa.

"And what might that be, Isakawa?" asked, raising an eyebrow. 

"Why not let Krumi, Shelia, Shiro, and that boy form a party together and help each other throughout the family games," Riko suggested.

"By the way, what's Shiro's Ability?"

"What do you think, Shiro?" Isakawa asked as he looked at Shiro who was using her iPad. Riko's question was fully ignored and could only cry inwardly. He expected that much from Isakawa anyway.

"Oh me, I have no problem with that daddy," Shiro responded as she stopped playing her game.

"I do not agree," Tael protested with his arms crossed. 

Shiro gave him a look that said, 'Since when did you become my decision-maker?'

"Tael…!!" Jennifer glared slightly at him.

Tael: "I would say what I have to say, if her summons goes berserk these two girls would die."

Riko: "Wow, your daughter is a summoner. That's cool."

Isakawa: 'Hmmm good move Tael, covering up Shiro's Ability and also warning us. I almost forgot about what happened the first day I met Shiro. It would be a problem if that being appears again. And since I've taken off her Ability Restrictor, who knows what could happen when he's not with her. '

Riko: "But summons can't hurt those whose master commands them not to touch," he laughed as he had never heard of a summon disobeying their master. 

Tael: "I won't say that theory works for everyone. Her summons are different. If you aren't acknowledged as her friend it would attack you with full killing intent."

Riko gulped feeling nervous about just what the boy said. Most summons would do anything to protect their master so what Tael is saying could be true, but Riko can only bet this on Isakawa's daughter Shiro. 

When he was in the Subaru household Isakawa was the most powerful Subaru when it came to using Abilities. Which made most of the Subaru family members fear him so he has been open to many assassinations. However, none of them prevailed in the end. 

And recently his daughter Shiro was attacked by assassins, but they all ended up dying mysteriously. Most of the Subaru family members know this since most of them contributed their top-grade assassins to murder Isakawa and kidnap Shiro.  

So it could be possible Isakawa's daughter is a monster like him. This is the only way he can protect his daughters. Sending his daughter's into a devil's den to be protected. A proud grin appeared on Riko's face as he was sure this would work. 

"Then Why don't Krumi, Shiro and Sheila be friends?" Riko suggested. 

"Really, I don't mind at all," Shiro answered with a big beautiful angelic smile on her face. She then turned to Isakawa with the best pitiful eyes she could make. 

She was clearly telling Isakawa, 'Daddy this is my opportunity to have some new friends.'

"Cute... No, I mustn't fool myself with that smile." Isakawa was not going to be fooled by Shiro's puppy eyes. But the look in her eyes kept pestering him.

Isakawa kept on frowning and glaring at Riko, but he just sighed, "You want my daughter to protect your daughters. I won't mind you, this is now Shiro's task to get along with others."

"Thank you daddy," Shiro jumped into her father's arms and gave him a big hug. 

Sheila: "Father, I don't know much of the Subaru household could you explain to us. And also as Shiro asked, "What are the family games about?" She asked with an innocent look. 

Riko became serious and began to talk about the family games.

Once in every new generation that has been born, all the children of each Subaru branch family would enter the family's secret grounds for a test about whose child has the future capability to become the next leader of the Subaru household. 

The family games are far from normal because in most cases these children were to fight and kill to the last one standing. Killing used to be accepted by their ancestors but as time went on they realized they lost a lot of good children due to this foolish act and it caused them to have less power than the other powerful families that focused on the growth of the household. 

This caused the killing to be banned. As time went by and people began to receive Abilities, the family games changed entirely. The Subaru household was happy when they heard people could get Abilities however no one in their generation gained an Ability. So they had to resort to one thing: 'Change their children, by giving them a fake Ability.'

It wasn't easy for them to do this. They had to conduct countless experiments on different test subjects who all died miserably, the scientist who worked there could just pity those poor people for their miserable fates and continued with their work. 

The Subaru family was able to conduct their experiments due to the monster cores they purchased. Even though they may be powerless in terms of Abilities, in terms of political power and various wide chains of business they owned caused them to be a powerful family indeed. No family member was to be less than a millionaire. 

Through many trials and errors, the Subaru family still couldn't create Abilities. So they decided, every Subaru member must marry an Ability User. During that time Abilities were accepted and those who had Abilities made their families grow stronger and have a better social status. The Subarus wanted this too and had to push themselves to that state. 

The current head of the Subaru family has 3 wives. 2 who are Ability Users and one a normal human being. He then had his 4 children and was excited to see if they would be born with an Ability. Unfortunately, none of them had an Ability which caused him to go insane. But he didn't give up yet. He decided to sacrifice his youngest son for the fake Ability project in order to awaken an Ability User in the family. 

After years of experiments they finally succeeded. They created an Ability User in their family but things didn't go as expected and the child loathed his parents and wanted to destroy them, so he ran away. The current head of the Subaru family felt regret for a precious test subject to run away like that, but they couldn't catch him since his Ability was strange. 

They decided to go along with the family tradition and hold the family games, but that year it was different. 

All the children who participated in the game were not to kill, but we're allowed to severely injure others. 

The family games were made with a series of Rift monsters released at a certain part of the game grounds as the Subaru family members spectated and watched the children fight for their lives. If a child is to be severely injured a special agent of the Subaru household would save them and they would be disqualified from the family games, however it came with consequences. 

The child would not be healed by the special healer squad the Subaru family owns. And their parents would have to pay a minimum wage of 5 million dollars for the child to be treated. Even though they might be family, it doesn't mean they would be nice to each other. 

This caused the family games to be a difficult battleground for the children yet a new experience. These children were allowed to fight with any weapon as long as they could use it. 

___________

"Hmm, so did daddy participate in the family games," Shiro asked curiously. 

Riko: "Your dad did Shiro, he was the child that ran away and he came back during the family games and destroyed most of the Subaru Main house,'' Riko explained to Shiro without thinking twice. Everyone in the Subaru household knows that Isakawa was the child his father sacrificed to gain an Ability. What's more, he showed off his Ability during the family games by destroying the Subaru's main family house.

When Isakawa did that his father wanted to kill him on the spot and ordered his best Ability Users the Subaru family trained to kill Isakawa, but who knew that the boy was much stronger than he thought and mercilessly killed all the B Class Ability Users. The boy left with a warning to his father and disappeared. 

Riko: "That's how I became fascinated by Isakawa." He said in a praising tone.

Shiro stared at her dad with a sorrowful expression and patted his back. 

Isakawa understood that his daughter felt sad for him and as Shiro realised that her father didn't have quite a nice childhood.

"Father you haven't finished explaining yet," Sheila fumed with her puffy cute cheeks.

"Oh, yes sorry let me continue."

__________

Once Isakawa left the Subaru family, the head became much more motivated to create more Ability Users like Isakawa in his family. He didn't care if Isakawa had run away. Now that they found a way to produce an Ability User they announced to every family member who has a child below 16 years of age and does not have an Ability to be brought to the main house to give them one. 

Many of the Subaru family members were all scared for their children but they had no choice. Most of them didn't want to sacrifice their children, however they were guaranteed that their children won't die, but they must endure intensive pain. 

None of the Subaru family members were exempted from this, even the Family Heads sons' children. 

During that current year every child of the Subaru family had to go through that painful and gruesome experiment to Awaken an Ability in them, and most of them succeeded. However, there were a few who weren't successful with the awakening and ended up being crippled. But it didn't matter since most of the children received an Ability.

"So does that mean your children…...," Jennifer asked, looking concerned.

"Yes, indeed my girls had to also go through that experiment. Those freaking bastards saying there are no side effects," Sana cursed as she bit her lips. "Shelia can't be considered normal anymore because of that stupid experiment. My dear baby," Sana cried as Krumi comforted her mother. 

"Mother," Sheila called out hesitantly. 

Krumi gritted her teeth and yelled, "Sheila can't see anymore."

Riko: "Krumi that's enough," he warned her. 

Krumi: "But father, ever since Shelia lost her sight she wasn't happy anymore, even though she gained an Ability."

Sheila: "Sister please don't worry I'm fine," she comforted her sister. She didn't want to feel any more pitiful than she already is. 

What's the use of an Ability is she couldn't see her own family's faces. She didn't want to cry, she promised herself to be strong.

Shiro: "Now I look at Sheila clearly, her eyes are dull," Shiro muttered to herself.

8