Prologue
314 0 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

On a planet, known as Roneglaise, there happens to be a separate way of life. People generalize this as 'cultivation' and in cultivating you can become stronger in both your perspective talent and person. There are lush forests that have magical beasts and money isn't the only kind of payment, as there are special magical stones acquired from magical beasts, that can help with cultivation, making them quite highly desired with everybody. There are many profession talents that people can cultivate in, but for most people, only one per person is able to be obtained.

 

For instance, you could become a Shape Shifter and be able to change your body into other things upon learning them. And if you are a Shape Shifter, you will not be able to learn any other profession talent, like Psychology...But you would be able to grow in your chosen talent as you can cultivate your own Intelligence, Strength or others to help you. Under these profession talents are sub contents that would take many years to learn. Shapeshifting isn't just about turning into an animal, but upon acquiring more knowledge you could also turn into another human, which would be harder. Then beyond that, Shapeshifters could change other things, such as a rock, into water. Learning this would obviously take decades, and is a very high skill to learn.

Cultivating talents also depend on how popular it is and if they are even still around. Many talents have nearly disappeared, leaving them a lot harder to obtain, as the people with the knowledge would ask for a great deal to let one person learn from them. Then, some don't have a choice to choose their talent as they are born with their talent already, which happens every couple of generations.

There is the occasional one in a thousand, who can learn that of two talents. Of course, obtaining a person as such as to be able to learn more than one talent is always used with force. Sadly, many commoners who can have two talents happen to be forcefully taken and then mind controlled so that they don't run away from those who had captured them. This is a reason why many clans have someone that has the talent of Psychology, and then under that mastered the art of Mind Controlling.

There are even more rare occasions, of one in ten or even twenty thousand, that people are able to do three talents and wars could be started across the lands of Roneglaise because of this. To obtain those people, that they think of as nothing but an asset, they want to greedily own them for themselves and that of their own clan.

There are a few lucky people, who can cultivate more than one talent, that are safely already within the royal families of one of the four major continents, but for those poor unfortunate others, they are taken and live their life not even being able to think their own thoughts.

 

When a talent is chosen, they can enhance it with their own personal cultivation, which would be Strength, Dexterity, Intellect and a few others. For instance, the ladies in this land tend to greatly cultivate 'Grace' through doing art, music, literacy and needlework. Through improving their cultivation in Grace, they would also improve slightly in their profession talent. For that reason, quite a few ladies would pick to cultivate the talent of Art, to further their basic skills and to connect their talent and personal cultivation together.

It has become quite common that people would cultivate towards their talent to help themselves get a better job or be known as someone that would be qualified to higher their clan’s status. Of course, it isn't easy to cultivate your Strength and others, as it is very vigorous training that only gets harder and harder as you go.

For this reason, it is very common for families to have their children do something that they already know and have the resources for. As for a family that knows how to cultivate the talent of Thrifty, would have their children follow them and become governors for the royals or businessman, like they themselves. Which is why the reason that they were still using the technique of marrying their children to another clan to help their own clans gather more resources for themselves.

Another good reason for this type of way of life was, with the chance that children who have been born unintelligent, weak or sick can get smarter, stronger and healthier by personal cultivating, to give them the chance of a better life.

 

***

 

We begin now, with an old man who was running out of time before their death. They were enjoying somewhat of a retirement as they had ventured into a long life of cultivating the talent of Spiritual Wisdom, in which he had mastered the art of Soul Scribing.

Suddenly, his old head became full of knowledge of past life's and past worries. Indeed, he had now been reincarnated many, many times and for so long he had wanted to learn exactly what he had finally mastered in this life.

Before he could celebrate his mission, as it had taken him many, many centuries to finish, he could already feel his life slipping away. There was no time to ponder on anything else but to use the art of Soul Scribing his soul, with his remaining energy.

Relaxing with his last breaths, the old, white haired man smiled. Finally, he will remember!

5