Chapter 2 ** Collection **
186 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

It was another day before she found a small looking house in the distance. It was in shambles and looked like it was trying to be hidden, even though it was still far away from everything else. The mess of broken items and thrown food only made Anonym sure that it had been the men that she had followed a few days ago that did it.

They had ransacked the place very well. The small garden was only scattered dirt now, leaving nothing left anywhere near it. Woven baskets were destroyed, clothes were ripped and the house roof had holes in it. Bricks had fallen from the already old and poorly made well and the hidden fence was now in sight, on the floor.

Shaking her head, she continued inside of the house and wasn't surprised to see more of a mess. The house was really small but it was all broken, pulled down or put into something unusable. Walking around the corner, she found the last room had two bodies on the floor. Blood had surrounded them on dirty ground and the lady, who Anonym thought as the former's mother, had her eyes still opened, staring lifelessly towards a certain area, without blinking.

 

Checking the unmoving bodies, Anonym found that they had died some time ago and most likely killed by those men. They probably would have killed them in front of the old man to try and get him to talk. Shaking her head, to try and clear her conscience, she closed the mother's eyes and looked at the teenage boy next to her...The former must have had a brother. How pitiful, to die like that. Did they even try to run? ...What does it matter...They were died, she of all people knew that you can't just go back in time...

She didn't find herself sad at all towards their deaths, even though this body was connected to them through blood. Many times in her previous life's, she had families. But, upon her death it hadn't mattered...The fact that she had remembered her past moments before her death, she had always thought that it was a waste. Even if she had a great life with quite a few friends and a happy family, it was a waste. Why? Well that was probably because she would forget and just be doing it all over again, and again! What gain was it to continue to live that same continuous life! She'd been a man with wife's, a woman who had a husband and once would be enough. But, it had happened many times!

Losing family had happened as well, and it had hurt terribly, but as memories flooded into her before death, it had become unnecessary because she had already forgotten those from her previous life's who had died.

So, she would just forget them again, everyone, because when she got reincarnated, her memories disappeared! Having to go through the loss of a family member, without her memories would be like a first time feeling, but it was different now...How many mother's, father's and siblings had she lost in the past? Too many! If she had to see them on their funeral date each year, she would be too busy! They are dead, but she was alive!

She decided that family was something easily done without.

This mother and son pair, they were just another family that got caught up in a bad place. Granted, it was because she broke free from the mind controller, but she felt no guilt. If she felt guilt all the time, it would make her a wreck and she wasn't going to have that. These people...Are unlucky.

Leaving them there, she walked through the house, ransacking it herself. There had to be something about the art of invisibility here somewhere!

 

 

It wasn't until the third and last room that she finally found something. It looked like it hadn't been touched at all, sitting there quite nicely in the corner, next to a pot already broken by its side. It seemed quite strange that it was sitting there so openly like this and never touched. Walking over towards it, Anonym was questioning the men and their antics.

Picking it up, she found that it was indeed a secret book on the art of Invisibility! Why would they not take this? Were they stupid!

Or was there really some type of...Ah, right, it was probably invisible as well...That would explain it!

She looked up to find the bodies of the assumedly mother and son before her.

Feeling lucky, she nodded and thought that she'll bury them. Since she found useful information and that digging with help her cultivate Strength, it was only a good thing. So, she spent the next couple of hours resting and digging.

When they were both buried, Anonym had no words to say so she didn't stand before their graves.

Being dirty and sweaty everywhere, she grunted and decided to wipe herself down, before she was to leave. The next thing she wanted to do, was see the father and see if he had any other information, that is, if she was quick enough to get back...

Leaving the shambled house behind her, she left, holding the precious book in her hands. Deciding to hide the book before she went to see the former's father, she didn't make it back to Hydra Clan for another two days. But, she could run for a slightly longer time and a little faster, which helped her get out of the mossy forest, that she disliked so much, more quickly!

 

 

Upon arriving at the Hydra Clan the same way she had left, she saw that the door that led into the inner Hydra Clan had been locked once again, so now her path had become blocked!

Unsure on how to proceed, to find the assumed father, she started to turn around to find another way to enter the inner secret, underground place where she had been taken hostage many years ago.

Unable to follow the guards, as they just stood there, she still wanted to use her last trick of following somebody else. Where was everybody?

Strolling around the outer area, she found only guards guarding doors! What kind of luck was this! Surely there had to be another way...

Coming out into the open again, where many of the towns people were out doing their normalities, she was just about ready to give up. Was she going to get much out of the old man anyway? Would it be worth it?

Sighing to her wasted time, she looked around and saw some rich bastards talking, not far away at a tavern. They seemed relaxed and happy and that made Anonym unhappy!

Yes, it was time to have a small break and possibly a drink of alcohol! These rich bastards can just pay for it all!

Being small, she had to reach up to grab one of the drinks on the table and drank the contents without a care.

There was one thing that she really liked, and that was drinking alcohol! Upon discovering her past life's, there was one in which she had more fun, because she did what she wanted more because of being intoxicated! When she had drank in that life, it was excessive and cost the family, but it had also shown Anonym that it was like a freedom elixir!

Letting out a small burp after emptying the cup, she dropped the cup on the floor and reached for the other old bastard’s drink!

Happy, she sat down under the table and watched the people around her as she drank. She was really relaxed, but the tiny body she was in couldn't take much more than two cups of freedom elixir...

Feeling the dizziness flow through her, Anonym smiled. She wondered what kind of mischief she could get into!

Looking up to the rich bastards, she grinned, it was going to start with them!

 

Hearing that one of the rich bastards was secretly out gallivanting, when he wasn't supposed to be, Anonym made sure to tip freedom elixir on him to make it obvious that he had indeed gone out!

It really was a huge joke to Anonym as her chuckles were heard. People looked towards thin air, from where noises had been heard, only to see nothing...

The other rich bastard seemed to be eyeing a lady that worked in the tavern and was commenting about her looks. Turning to see the lovely lady, Anonym staggered a bit while walking over to her and yanked her over towards the old bastard.

The lady fell right into his lap, startling everyone as it was more than a trip, she had travelled at least three metres to get to where she was now! The old bastard quickly got over it, wanting to make the best of the situation and pulled her tightly into his embrace.

Anonym chuckled, thinking that men were simple. Actually, if she had a choice, she would prefer to be a man! Men were easier to be, as women tended to care about more. Upon thinking about how woman seemed to care a lot about wanting to get married to a good husband, made Anonym roll her eyes. If she wanted a husband...If...She would just take him! But, for now, it was something not on her list of things to do! Gender was something she couldn't change, but she wasn't going to change who she was! She's willing to help some old bastard bed a woman! In her eyes, it was easy! Hell, if she was a man and older, she would want that lady too!

Sighing, Anonym didn't seem to have attraction to the opposite sex as of yet, she guessed it might have something to do with her body that hasn't matured yet...Knowing about the future of entangling her body with another, it was at least one thing to look forward too! Anonym had no problem with mating with another at all, it was just caring about the lives afterwards...If she were to get a husband, normally it's known the woman looks after him. Sniggering, she could see herself doing as she pleases and having the husband probably kick her out! She wasn't going to waste this life for a man! No way!

 

Just as Anonym continued to watch the old bastard continue to flirt with the lady, someone from behind made her trip over and fall.

Turning angrily, she rammed towards that person. How dare they! Just because I'm invisible, doesn't mean you can trip me!

As her push went into him, he lost balance and fell towards another person. Rubbing her hands from the hard push, Anonym watched the show in excitement. Thinking back to past life's where she had made trouble...Being invisible might be more fun!

Before leaving, she had swapped people's drinks and meals, she had stolen some shoes, to put elsewhere, which ended with someone else being called a thief. Tripped people onto other people, especially ladies onto men and let some horses free just outside.

The tavern was in a little bit of chaos as the workers there tried to help the unfortunate people who had been Anonym's victims...

Stealing a bed at a close by inn, Anonym slept like a baby until morning, with no one the wiser. If they had thought about it, maybe a few there would remember that they are looking for someone that was invisible, but that kind of thought never entered their heads...

 

***

 

While little terror Anonym was sleeping, there was someone smart enough to say what had happened in the tavern to someone else of higher authority. They hadn't said anything about invisibility but the elder took a moment and figured it out. The little girl Marissa is taking her revenge out in a tavern?

Making the person, who had come to inform him, to repeat himself again, the elder became a little confused. The tricks that the little girl used were just...Immature...No one had gotten killed...It was like she was just having fun!

How maddening! Was she playing with the Hydra Clan!

Banging his fist on the table, he tried to vent his rage to the immature actions of a little girl!

How were they going to catch her? Of course, the only way to catch her would be through her father!

Getting up in a hurry, he wanted to inform the other elders of the clan, so that they could form a plan to recapture the little runt Marissa!

 

Funnily enough, this little runt had practically given up on searching for the assumed father figure. Instead, she was going through Auction houses and shops for things that she could learn or use.

She had a plan! She was going to get everything she would need for a closed-door cultivation. She looked for books on the talents she had and could learn more in, looked for stones that was needed and items.

Two days since the spectacle from the tavern, Anonym had gathered about four hundred magical stones, that she had stolen from random places and people. These stones aren't cheap! Rich people who had triumphantly showed them off previously, now stood in very low spirits and wanted vengeance!

Two shops had been victims to missing items, that would help with personal cultivation, and now they were being more closely guarded. Having things stolen out of the blue like that totally frightened the shop owners! They were worried that if one could get away with it, then others would come to try it too, what a bad loss!

Then an auction house had lost quite a priceless object that Anonym decided to make hers.

She had been ruthless! Walked right in, taken what she wanted, and walked right back out!

Strangely, the objects that she takes could still be seen but as they seem to float in mid air, no one had seemed to see it, except for one! That person thought there was a ghost in the town and started to shriek, making people think that he was crazy. When he finally said that the item had been taken away, they finally realized that there had been a thief!

But Anonym was long gone! The stash she had hidden away, was slowly growing!

It wasn't enough though, Anonym planned to be in secluded cultivation for about two years, so she needed more!

 

 

A few days later, as she was wondering if she should go to another clan because of the extra security surrounding the markets, shops, auction houses and rich people, a huge notice was placed on the noticeboard.

An abrupt, loud laughter came out of nowhere and people looked at a place holding only air, with great interest.

One person went to reach out, trying to grab something with their hands, but they nearly tripped.

Another laugh followed as he ended up tripping anyway because someone had kicked him from behind and fell in a heap on the floor!

It became a mess of a shuffle, people were using their ears and eyes to try and figure out where this invisible person was.

Anonym was little and wanted to play! She knew she still wasn't very strong, but she had to at least knock a couple of people over, before running away!

The notice did indeed have a notice for capturing this little runt! People knew of something strange going on lately, and now they finally knew what was going on…And now, they wanted to get revenge!

Many people had lost stones to this little runt! Even the information of her being invisible didn't quench their rage!

The notice had also stated that Marissa's father had been captured and that she was to go to a place, to be replaced with him or he will be killed.

The laugh Anonym did, was because she thought that they were helping her by finding the father! She thought they made it much easier, since she had already given up. Now she can see what they plan to do and if she really had a chance to talk to Marissa's father.

 

Changing her plans, or more so taking a slight detour, she decided to check out what's going on around the area that she was supposed to go.

Obviously, there were guards everywhere and they were going to ambush her. She felt a little upset with the easy strategy that they are choosing to use. They will indeed, underestimate this invisible girl!

Ah...There was a trap! A strange type of cage was hidden. Anonym liked the look of it, never had seen it before, but she didn't venture out further to inspect it. The art of Trapping was something she already knew of, but this cage seems to be of a new, higher grade trap and would be very useful! Seeing that someone here had mastered the art of Trapping and there was something she hadn’t learnt yet, she got excited!

But she didn't just stroll in because of her curiosity, she wasn't stupid! In a few of her past life's, she was in wars and fought, although she never was the strategist, she was still someone that knew that she should check her surroundings first and plan something!

Putting her small hand to her chin, she watched some people and stood there, far from the place they wanted her to be. The thoughts flowing through her head weren't much. She really did want to just go in there and beat them all up, but she knew she couldn't! Yet, forming a plan wasn't really something she was great at...And, she wasn't strong at the moment, Anonym sighed to her lack of strength.

Deciding to leave, before she made a fool of herself, she turned and saw more guards elsewhere that didn't seem like a shop or anything else for guarding.

Walking across the dirt road and past a stone building that seemed to be a courthouse, she looked around the corner to see people gathering and whispering.

Surely not...This isn't where they are keeping the people who were going to 'catch' her?

Squeezing in around the corner, she looked at all the men, that seemed to be lining up. They had swords and some light armour, and horses were being fixed with food and water rations.

Unable to hear what was going on, because she was at the back of all the soldiers, she thought that this lot of people had nothing to do with looking for her at all...

And it was true, not long after the person at the front stopped talking and spoke for them to leave, they all got on their horses and left in different directions.

Uh?

Anonym tried to put what she had just seen in perspective to her own problem and decided that what they just did must be important.

What she saw this as, was great news! Less soldiers around the better! What luck!

It was a perfect time to continue to gather belongings!

Wanting to take the best of her time, she didn't even stop to think about leaving the former body's father there...

 

***

 

As the days went on and they still hadn't been able to find her, but other things were done by her, the elders of the Hydra Clan were really upset!

How could they have known that she didn't care about her father?

Her uses being invisible were something they still wanted and needed but how were they going to get it back now?

The way they had obtained Marissa was when she was still very tiny. Even though she was only ten now, she had totally ruined their plans!

What other plan to capture an invisible person is there, besides having someone close to them held as a hostage?

As the elders tried to think of another way to trap and mind control Marissa again, they wouldn't think that she would be right there with them drinking their very own freedom elixir.

 

It was absolutely good luck for Anonym! If she hadn't liked alcohol that much, she wouldn't have come here at all! As she drinks under the table, she wanted to know what they were going to do as well. It would be difficult! If she were trying to get someone invisible...Can't be done without a hostage!

Actually, Anonym just didn't want to think further than that and agreed with them. It seemed like a situation that she couldn't think up a strategy for, but that was normal. In most of her past life's she rarely thought things through which got her into trouble a lot. Luckily, in a good few of those life's she had been strong and she was able to get out of her trouble by being stronger then her opponents...

Besides, she was drinking freedom elixir right now, it wasn't a time to think so seriously!

They took a few minutes to decide to beat the father up more, to get another idea out of him instead. Anonym stumbled along and followed them happily, not forgetting to grab another cup of freedom elixir before they left!

4