Chapter 3 ** Treasure **
169 2 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Anonym continued to follow the elders to the assumed father. The cup she was holding lost a few drops and she slowed down to not lose anymore of the great freedom elixir!

Now though, she was putting why too much thought on saving the liquid in the cup, because she nearly lost the elders as they had walked further and further away. She stopped then, it was a predicament. She only wanted to sip the freedom elixir right now, not gobble it up...But if she didn't gobble it up, they would get further away from her.

Her mind wasn't working fast or smart at all. The poor little ten-year-old’s head was really starting to hurt!

Sighing, she put down the cup, very carefully and out of the way, and tried to catch up to the elders, tripping over her feet once alone the way.

They walked down the spooky hallway from a large inner room, towards a side room that got darker and smellier as they went. Anonym could see a certain amount of people that were mind controlled and waiting for their next commands. They were only in small rooms that were closed tightly and locked. It made her wonder what they had done with this little girl when she was mind controlled, did they use her to infiltrate another clan?

 

Finally, they reached the old man that was barely alive. Anonym put her head to the side, from behind someone's body, to inspect him. They really must have put him through hell to have him in such a state to have lifeless eyes. There was dried blood on his ripped clothes and new blood flowing down his left leg, from a place that seemed like it was coming from his stomach area. It really looked like he hadn't long left to live as he was being held up but hanging down, looking like he couldn't even stand!

Wasn't he supposed to be a hostage for exchange? Would a normal ten-year-old girl still do the exchange, seeing her father in such a state? Maybe that was why they did it, because she was just a measly, little ten-year-old girl...

Coming out from behind the elders, she walked up to the old man and whispered, "Hey! Tell me whadie need ta know before yer die!"

The old man hung there but flinched to her words, the elders saw this and said to start his torture again.

Anonym saw that they wanted to take her spot right beside the old man and got a bit angry. She was in the middle of a conversation! Such impudence!

"Get...Away." The old man whispered to her as she was shoved to the floor. It was a weird kind of shove, as the other men hadn't come that close to her yet!

Right now, everything was annoying! She had to stop drinking when she wasn't ready too, she had to walk, when she wanted to sit and now she wanted to have a quick chat but people were getting in her way!

As she sat there, trying to see properly and wonder how she would get her pay back, they took the old man and laid him out onto a wooden bench. Ah, now was a good time to ask questions, right?

But it was a few steps away, really, she wasn't sure if she could walk towards it...Anonym decided to crawl over, finding it slightly funny that she seems to remember she wasn't in the best of situations right now!

But, she was already here! She had to make the best of her time, it was now against her own rule to waste time! And having come here to see the father, she had to talk to him...

Sitting under the table and sighing with relief, to the world not shaking as much, Anonym looked around to still see several men inside the room. By now the elders had vacated, but the others that had remained seemed to be ones to help tie the old man down and get some utensils organized. It seemed like an appropriate time to try and become sober again, so, she crossed her legs and meditated.

In her luck, another minute or two later, about four others left, leaving only three people left inside of the room with her. When the door finally closed, it was locked, and the three men got to work by getting information on how to obtain someone invisible in another way. The strange thing was, the best time to capture the little runt, that had invisibility, would be precisely this moment!

Anonym was fully concentrating on becoming soberer, as to question the father, and wasn't paying attention to anything else. But they had no idea that she was in the same locked room already! If they had known, they wouldn't unlock that door until she was mind controlled again!

 

When Anonym opened her eyes, that were now refreshed, she looked around and saw that they had already started to lightly torture the old man.

Wait! I haven't questioned him yet! Were her first thoughts.

Getting up in a hurry, she looked at what her plan would be.

She would be better off killing them before talking...Right? They would be able to hear their conversation if they were alive...She really wasn't in the mood for eavesdroppers!

All she had was a simple little dagger. Could she be quick enough to kill them with this tiny dagger, against three huge men?

Shrugging, Anonym didn't care, if she got caught again, she'd just have to get out of it. It really wasn't too much of a big deal, except, it would be wasting time...So, on that account, she was going to try her damned hardest!

The first man to die, was made to look like an accident as he fell onto one of the utensils that went straight through his head, as he had tripped forward.

Quickly, after the first man fell forwards, Anonym brought her dagger to slice another man's throat, then grabbed the other man's jaw and pulled out his tongue. Slicing his tongue out, she didn't have to bother anymore about someone shouting out anything and she happily threw it away, then she wiped the blood off her dagger. Three bodies fell to the fall in a matter of moments!

If they had been able to see her, things would have been totally different, but they hadn't! She had literally jumped from the table onto the first persons back, when he was in a good spot, and from there, jumped towards the neck of the other man's, that was close by. Being small, she wouldn't have been able to grab the other man's jaw without first jumping up onto his body as well. Luckily his clothes were tight and she climbed well and fast enough to get to his chest, with her feet around him, to keep her there, to capture his jaw. It was uncomfortable and it had taken all of her energy and skill as a ten-year-old girl, but the job was now finished.

It was now time to talk to an old man...When she caught her breath!

 

"Marissa..."

The words were very weak, hardly even heard through her ears.

"Old man." She replied. From his emotional, weak voice, hers was a nonchalant one, which would make one think that there was absolutely nothing between the two of them...

He looked at her, obviously seeing her right in front of him. How was that possible!? "Marissa?"

The question was because of the bodies on the floor and wondering if she might even be his child.

Anonym put her dagger away and sat beside him, "Old man, Marissa died. But seeing as I took her body, I want to know more about invisibility. I can't even become visible right now!"

The old man coughed and a tear fell down his face, he hadn't heard anything after 'Marissa died'. Clenching his fists, that were still tied down, and closing his eyes, he found himself having trouble breathing. It had been torturous in the last couple of days, he had to watch the Hydra Clan wreck his house, then kill his family and then he was forcefully taken away. The only thing that helped him was that his daughter had gotten free, that the impossible had happened and he had been happy in a way, also relieved.

 

What he had just heard, broke his heart. Did his family die in vain?

"I didn't kill her, old man. Her body was in such a poor condition that she would have died a couple of days ago anyway. Now will you tell me about the art of invisibility?"

The old man was hurting, his heart broken and shattered. How could he continue? "Kill...me."

"Hey, if you want die, I'll kill you, but tell me what I want to know first!" Anonym was getting a little angry, she had just saved this old man and now he wants to die! Wasn't he grateful at all!?

Opening his eyes, to look at the child in front of him, he saw that she looked like his late wife. "...You..."

Wanting to stomp her feet in impatience, she was already over his speechless manner. "Old man, I got the book from your house, then buried your family, can you tell me anything else?"

By the time she finished speaking, she was looking at him with excitement and the father wondered if she thought that she was a good girl for doing a good deed, with that kind of look on her face.

Taking quite some time to ingest this news, another tear escaped from his eyes. "Child, thank you."

This time she really stamped her foot! "I am not a child!"

The old man let out a small smile, to the child stamping her foot. "Mmm. All grown up, my little Marissa. I'm sorry that I couldn't protect you."

Being called somebody else's name, made her frown, but she didn't reply to his words. They were sincere and Anonym could see his regret and hopelessness. That kind of voice and words hit a nerve with her, as she knew what it was like!

A minute went by before the old man spoke again, "It is all in the book, but please, for my family...Live on! Don't let them catch you!"

Of course! Like I was going to die willingly, you idiot, old man!

She got her dagger out, but the old man said, "Wait! One more thing. The Hydra Clan have something to help you with cultivating the art of Invisibility, they have it locked up in the inner part of the city. I wanted to get it but could never reach it with the power I had. It's the next book that follows the one you have now, they took it from me before I could make it invisible from their eyes. Get it back!"

Anonym sighed, this old man sure is weak uh! "Sure, I'll get it!"

Smiling, the old man looked at her gently, "Father is ready now."

Looking at the old man, she saw his eyes become misty but still showed such love towards her face...

Striking the dagger directly into his heart, the father let out a groan, but never stopped looking at Anonym. "Sorry..."

Wiping the dagger, she guessed that the old man felt grateful that she had been the one to kill him. He must have felt bad about what had happened to the former body’s owner.

Seeing that they were currently in a locked room, all Anonym could do, was wait for the door to open to escape.

So, she hid the bodies out of sight as best as she could, so she would have enough time to escape, and then meditated beside the closed, locked door.

Thinking of her next plan, she waited patiently.

 

 

It was another hour before the door was opened, which was earlier then they thought, but they hadn't heard noises for so long that they wanted to know what was happening!

In the quick moments that they had entered, Anonym had left. She didn't know what happened after that, but she guessed it would be confusion and then anger rants or frustration.

Before she continued out, she didn't forget the freedom elixir that she had left behind. It had blended nicely into its surroundings and hadn't moved from where she had left it. What a bargain!

Being already inside of the inner part of the Hydra Clan, she wanted to attempt to get the book that had been stolen from the former body's father.

But, where could it be?

Anonym sighed and started to investigate. Having finished the cup of freedom elixir, she got another from the elder’s room, and continued her investigation...

 

 

Two days later, they knew of her existence inside of the inner Hydra Clan area, but they could never find her. They were so frustrated for the loss of lives and loss of alcohol, that they were going red with anger!

They couldn’t believe that such a small, little girl, could cause so much trouble! They weren’t even able to get over the fact that their capture method was totally ruined now, because the father had died. Then, they found out that people were dying in separate places from within the inner Hydra Clan as well! Ever since this girl had gone missing, there has been nothing but trouble!

Anonym hadn't hesitated to kill anyone who was seen and obviously had continued to drink slowly, all this time.

It had become annoying to walk backwards and forwards and had welcomed a bigger leather flask, that would hold more!

She thought that one she got it off, must have been a real alcoholic bludger!

Falling asleep that night, she was holding this flask with a small smile on her little, sleeping face...

 

While ransacking through the Hydra Clans belongings, Anonym found quite a few things that she wanted to keep for herself. Now that three days had passed, her bountiful treasure was starting to really pile up and become an obvious place they could catch her.

Sighing, Anonym stacked what she could on herself and abandoned searching for the book...She had too much stuff already!

Finding out a day ago, about carts that they use to make it easier to carry items from one place to another, she secretly put her treasures on there and followed behind the person that was travelling out of the inner Hydra Clan. Since being reincarnated this time, this person had become her very first slave!

Seeing that the guards had locked the doors, because of her, she wondered what she should do...It would be normal for them to expect the goods and make sure that she wasn't around, otherwise how could they tolerate losing the invisible girl to their leader!

Also, she would obviously loss all her treasure! On that thought, it occupied her mind more so then that of them being able to capture her.

Anonym saw that they weren't relenting to let the person out, so she dashed out and killed them both, then turned towards her first slave, carting her goods...Should I continue to use him?

But, she regretted not killing them, as they ran off shouting out that she was there. Grunting her bad feelings towards her first slave, she picked up the keys to the lock, and unlocked it herself. She couldn't wait to get another servant to do all this tiring work for her!

Carting the goods by herself, she left, leaving the bodies laying on the ground. She didn't care that it was so directly obvious on how she had escaped. She was planning to come back again soon anyway, so they could try and catch her again then!

The inner part of the Hydra Clan could now be considered somewhat of a playground now to this little runt!

When she turned the corner to go outside, she saw that it was a relatively populated place. A cart being pulled by itself would be a big give away right?

Anonym hadn't moved for a full minute, and in that minute, people had already started to come to chase her, there wasn't any time! But...Her treasure! No way was she going to leave it there!

Seeing a big bound of fur, that was at a close by shop, Anonym smiled, thinking of an idea.

She quickly grabbed it, threw her treasures into it and then pulled it to the side, to be placed against the wall.

And the cart stayed there, just outside the door, looking totally out of place!

Sitting down with her treasures, she decided to wait until the soldiers ran off, looking for her in different directions. Haha, I'm right here fools!

Light sniggering coming from a place near a wall wasn't heard, as they started to frantically search for the little invisible runt!

 

It was another hour before she left, pulling the fur rug around the wall, to go outside of the Hydra Clan. It was quite a heavy load! Anonym stopped twice before she finally was on her way towards her little hideout with all her treasure!

What she found, when she came to her secret hideout, was a bad sight indeed. Frowning in displeasure, she continued to drag the fur rug towards her spot.

There was an intruder, and he was reading her book! How could he have seen it!?

Then there were other treasures of hers that had been dragged to another corner, becoming another kind of stash. What was going on in her spot!?

Releasing her new lot of treasure, she got out her dagger, as she crept closer to the intruders.

It used to be a dense mossy, vine place, surrounding a dirt hole. It had leaves around the entrance, which had hidden the small cave below. It really was a nice little hiding spot!

But now, the opening was huge and dirt had been put everywhere! It was not even a hiding spot anymore, just a wide area that could be seen in all directions! What the hell!

Her anger, was boiling! She was...Not happy!

Seeing the state of her spot, she decided to investigate the intruders a bit. She watched, with eyes like a hawk, very much unhappy that her belongings were being touched!

 

***

 

"Mmm, Presley, now I know where invisibility originated from."

There was silence replying to the voice. It was quite unusual, so Switch looked up at his best friend, "It isn't your treasure. Someone is bound to come back for this."

Presley huffed, moving his claw, full of treasure, closer to him, then eyeing the rest near Switch. "No one is here now, let me take it!"

Switch sighed, staying quite expressionless, "I'll make treasure for you, now put it back!"

"No!" Presley was a proud dragon! Why would he give up treasure!

Switch turned the next page of the book that he was reading, "I won't feed you."

Wide, yellow dragon eyes stared at Switch, how could he not feed him! His tasty food was all thanks to Switch! But...But, these treasures! This poor little dragon was absolutely torn!

Actually, this dragon wasn't very 'little', he was just young. He would still easily carry three people on his back and be able to fly. But he was still quite a young, little dragon.

Switch had taken his cave, sleeping in it one day. Presley had tried to scare him, which hadn't worked, then tried to hurt him...Which hadn't worked either, because he himself had gotten hurt instead!

After Switch had woken up, he had thanked Presley for the use of his cave, by giving him many delicious foods!

With a click of his fingers, Switch could make a table appear and food on it that was recently cooked and steaming hot. If the food had disappeared and Presley was still hungry, more clicks would happen until he was full.

But, also with a click of his fingers, Switch had made his treasure disappear inside of his cave. Presley hadn't wanted Switch to leave him there, since he had tasted all that lovely food, but he didn't want to leave his treasures behind.

To the missing treasures, Switch had made them disappear so that he would no longer have to 'leave' them behind, causing his troubles to be solved. Naturally, a dragon would get pretty upset with their treasure being taken from them…But Switch had already left the cave without him!

Unable to think of any other way, Presley had followed Switch, leaving his cave for the very first time, and grew accustomed to his ways. It was really a handful at the beginning, as he was still mad at Switch because of his treasure. But over the space of just a few weeks, they had become quite good friends. He was always feed until full and Switch had protected him from being harmed by others. Well, those were the days before Switch made him invisible. But, this stupid dragon would always try and make friends with people and want to fly them around! Switch, on the other hand, would rather stay away from them...And...He was afraid of heights...

Of course, Presley, till this day, laughs every time he thinks about it!

In the years that they have spent together, they had gone through thick and thin, making their already unique relationship, even more special.

"How long are we staying here?" Presley asked, still a little mad about Switch wanting him to give up this treasure. Not caring about how good or what kind of treasure it was, to him it was still treasure! And he had made no move yet to relinquish what he had stolen.

"As long as I have bordered my horizons. The only flaw I have is through not thinking of such things, here will give me more ideas for any future events." Switch said.

Presley sighed and was just about to ask another question, when he could hear a small child's voice.

"That's. My. Treachah!"

 

Already, Presley got up and wanted to fight! As long as it was in his sight it would be hard to let it go! "I want it!"

Anonym had drunk too much, she hadn't wanted to come in previously, because of the mythic dragon that she had never seen before. But, her senses lacked since becoming drunk and she walked straight in, through wanting her stuff back!

"It's just a little girl, Presley." Switch said, still sitting, with the book in front of him.

"You too!" Anonym pointed at Switch and hiccupped, "Givit back!"

Raising his eyebrows, Switch closed the book and put it on the ground.

Anonym could see that he saw her...It had taken her this long to figure it out, but now that she knew, she lost her vigour, "Ya both can see me?"

Switch just nodded, "Mmm."

"Oh."

Silence filled the air.

Switch narrowed his eyes at this little girl and saw a light within her. Widening his eyes, he couldn't believe it, he'd found another like himself. This tiny little girl contained power that could be grown to become even more powerful!

"Ah, what ya lookin at! You like this lil girl?" Anonym laughed.

The silence broken now, Presley walked up closer to the girl.

"Can I have your treasure?"

Anonym was stupefied, really? Someone was asking for my treasure? Do they think I'd give it to them?

She really wanted to mock this dragon, but simply stated, "Not. On. My. Life!"

She'd worked hard for this! No way!

Presley sulked and looked at Switch, "Make me treasure and I'll return it to her."

"Return it first." Was all he said.

"You're such a mean, mean person Switch! I want the treasure first! Please, please!"

While he was talking to Switch, Anonym gathered the treasure that the dragon had called his and put it with her other treasure, near Switch.

"Hey!" Presley shouted, "That's mine!"

"Nah it's not!"

Switch frowned, "Kids, that's enough!"

They both shut up and looked at Switch, one was a look of winner and the other of a loser.

Anonym smirked and took another gulp of her freedom elixir.

Switch took the flask off her and took a swig himself, then frowned, "This is alcohol. Not good for little kids."

With a click, it vanished.

A sound escaped from Anonym's wide mouth...My...Freedom elixir...How dare he!?

4