Chapter 6 ** Significance **
123 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"So...We are similar!" Anonym finally said.

Switch sighed, isn't that what he had said ages ago. "Now, tell me that you also remember."

She nodded, "Yeah, I finally was able to master the art of Soul Scribing in my last life. I hadn't thought till death to inscribe my own soul though, I had been a priest!"

Switch thought for a moment, "A...Priest..."

He couldn't seem to picture this little runt as a priest at all!

Anonym nodded, "Well, haven't you seen how most marriages are done and how successful it is. Through the art of Soul Scribing, priest’s soul scribe other people’s souls with the names of their beloved's. Granted, it's become normal that males have more than one female name on their soul's, but marriage still lasts longer with a Soul Scriber priest."

Looking at him proudly, Anonym smiled, and Switch really wanted to laugh!

Letting out a light chuckle to Anonym's last life, he looked at her and finally felt relaxed.

He hadn't known how much he wanted to know the answer of her remembering her past, and how it had gotten to him. "And what is your plan, now that you remember?"

Suddenly, he saw a face that he hadn't seen before on her. It was full of anger and rage!

Through a clenched jaw and eyes that seemed to dance in flames, she simple stated, "Revenge!"

With such a change to her, Switch was shocked, "Revenge?"

Anonym looked at him, her rage still flowing through her eyes, "Yes. Don’t tell me you have forgotten your first memory?"

On remembering his first memory, Switch sighed, "I remember some old man stating that I should grow strong, and not be like his other creation, whom he's practically forgotten."

Her eyes closed then, she breathed in and out rapidly. That old man! How heartless!

"How long have you..."

Showing a face that was full of sadness, Anonym said, "How long have I been reincarnating?"

Switch nodded, knowing that Anonym seems to be taking the question rather hard.

"I lost count on how many times I've reincarnated. But, I have even dug up my old bones once before. Those bones were three hundred thousand years old and that was a thousand years ago."

Horror filled on Switch's face. Such a long time! He had not even...

Now it made since why she was so angry and sad, why she was so ruthless and uncaring...So long!

"Tell me, how long were you reincarnating?" She asked him.

He didn't want to tell her, if he told her, it would make her feel bad. He had done precisely what his first memory had said to do, he had learnt of his past and became more powerful, well before she had done it…

"Just tell me." Anonym said simply, she wanted to show that she didn't care either way, but she already did. It was already eating her alive inside, her rage was growing to new heights.

 

"I...I reincarnated...I."

"Spill it!" She yelled.

"Ten thousand years..." Switch shut his mouth and looked away.

With Switch not watching her, he didn't see the pain flash across her face, for being left alone for so long. She had been abandoned...Utterly and completely abandoned.

Her memories of her first hundred or two hundred lives were dim, they seem to give her a headache when trying to remember them and had a few black spots. So, she was not entirely sure how long she has been here on Roneglaise, living and dying repeatedly. There was just one memory that she could not forget, and that was of the old man. Sorrow filled her heart when Switch could grow so powerful, so quickly, and even leave his planet.

"I..."

Before Switch could continue, Anonym interrupted, "Don't...I don't want to talk anymore. Give me freedom elixir so I can forget it."

Unable to come up with any other idea and seeing her really upset, he clicked his fingers.

Even seeing such a big jug, full of her freedom elixir, Anonym was unable to start smiling yet.

That's right, I can never forget how long I've been here! Never! I will get my revenge!

Switch wasn't even noticed as he moved to go behind her and started to massage her small, petite shoulders. He might not be used to her usual ways, but he felt like he needed to make her feel better. He wanted her to be aggressive again, to say stuff that she hadn't thought about first. This Anonym was making him upset...

She didn't move and only closed her eyes after a full minute from when he had started. He continued for half an hour on her little shoulders before he could feel a slight difference. After an hour, she finally was relaxed again, and he stopped as he was feeling a bit uncomfortable from being in one place for too long.

"Thanks..."

These words touched his heart. When she wanted to, she could sound like the most grateful person, even after what has happened to her. He knew that the things he went through were never going to amount to hers, that to be like this, she had to be strong...She had to have every kind of strength one could possess, unless you'd fall into a black hole of darkness where you don't even care.

But this little runt, she wasn't in a black hole, she even knew how to say thank you and mean it. He really was touched.

Sitting down beside her, he got himself a cup and drank with her.

Silence filled the room as they were in their own thoughts. They were both comfortable, and happily drank their fill, before they eventually fell asleep.

 

***

 

Seeing that Anonym still wanted to move hideouts, Switch could only agree. He clicked his fingers, to get rid of Presley's treasure, and that was enough to get the dragon to come back to the top of the land. Just as they were about to set out, a figure came out, from hiding behind a tree. He looked exhausted and his body looked a bit worse for wear as it was skinny.

"Take me with you." He said, as he fell to his knees. He didn't intentionally mean to fall, he was just drained of energy.

Anonym laughed, seeing someone bowing to her was great! It looked like she had found her third slave! "Sure, here!"

Gifting him nourishment through the art of Rejuvenation, by touching him, he regained some energy.

Feeling so much better then moments before, he looked at her with questions but decided not to say anything.

Switch watched on with no expression, as the two seemed to decide things on their own and was a little upset. Why couldn't she ask him?

What he found afterwards, confused him more, as no more words were said between them…

They had barely anything with them as they left their spot and went into the direction they had agreed upon beforehand.

 

What they had left behind...Was a mess!

The Hydra Clan were now blacklisted from the Imperial Concubine, even though they tried very hard to reassure her that they were very loyal. Nothing had worked to satisfy her unhappiness of them losing of what she even called her own bargaining chip!

Secretly, she had wanted to find a mind controller that was stronger than that of who had mind controlled that little girl, and take her for herself!

But, she hadn't found one yet and now the girl was gone!

Being someone that got angry because she couldn’t obtain what she had wanted, she utterly dismissed the Hydra Clan! She did not even stay for the last night banquet that they were supposed to attend.

Prince Nathan made things even more difficult for them as he followed in his mother's footsteps and became arrogant and displeased.

After the royals and their servants left, the Hydra Clan were so angry that they demanded their soldiers to search inside and out of the Hydra Clan. They had to find this little girl, and the soldiers were threatened that they couldn't sleep or eat until she was found!

The Hydra Clan had been integrating the mind controller of the little girl for quite some time and it wasn’t until the Imperial Concubine had left that the mind controller remembered that he had lost the connection to the girl when the earth had been trembling…

This news was really significant! The elders spent a few days after hearing this, on deciding their next plan of action. Still wanting to be on the good side of the Imperial Concubine, they set forward a messenger to race towards her with the news written down in a sealed envelope…

 

 

Travelling to the biggest Clan in the Murkcloud continent, would normally take about two weeks travel time on a mount. But, Presley had pounced up and down repeatedly before Switch, to let Anonym have a fly with him.

The follower that they had picked up, would many times want to know what was going on with the earth trembling slightly and the voice that was coming out from nowhere, but always remained silent. As it was, he was already very thankful to these strangers. Having found them in starvation and thirst, he was now very much back to a healthy weight and never in dire need of nourishment. He didn’t want to speak up, afraid that they’ll dismiss him.

After two days, Switch had given in to the dragon pest and Anonym happily accepted, as she really wanted to fly anyway. When Anonym climbed on something that was invisible to the follower, he gasped, what was this thing.

"Get him too, Presley." Anonym said, pointing at the follower.

Presley picked up the follower, with an invisible claw, and dropped him next to Anonym.

He was utterly freaked out...What he was on, was pretty big...

Then they were off, leaving Switch who hated heights, behind!

 

***

 

What Switch hadn't thought of, was that Anonym would make Presley visible and scare a hell of a lot of people! After he caught up, passing through three clans along the way, he saw many people screaming or falling to the ground in fright. People were seen pointing and Presley had made a show of it, by stealing an animal and making the blood fall to the ground!

Back on his planet of Bracabra, dragons were a part of the living beings there, but here…They had only read books about them, but some of them hadn’t even read about them at all! This new, massive thing, flew around and someone on top of it seemed to be laughing devilishly, that made them all think that an apocalypse was going to happen! To these three clans…It was the end of the world!

Sadly, after this, people run towards the biggest clan to escape tragedy, only to see this dragon once again…

Switch was already upset, that Anonym had gone on ahead, but now...He just felt like he was being left out, unable to join them in the fun. He sighed to his fear of heights and teleported further away, but, closer to the scary, flying dragon. This dragon was indeed…His best friend…

"Kids." Switch said, while shaking his head. But, he wasn't upset to what was happening to the innocents, Anonym hadn't let loose for awhile and now that she was having fun, it made him slightly relieved.

 

 

Anonym was really irritated when they arrived at the Rain Clan, the biggest clan on the Murkcloud continent. The travel time had been too quick, and she’d been having so much fun!

The townspeople that surrounded the clan, made it look very large, yet the Rain Clan itself was less than a third of the amount of population of the townspeople. What kept everything well organized and populated, was that this was where the royal lineage of the Murkcloud continent stayed.

When the follower saw that they were indeed coming to this place, he had gone pale.

Anonym saw his complexion and then asked casually, "What are you worried about?"

He looked at her, as Presley landed on the big wall that surrounded the Rain Clan. The dragon was heavy enough to leave claw marks on the wall and have a brick fall down the great height, towards the ground.

The follower had no idea what to say, he was already thankful, because he had nearly been caught again. And she had kept him healthy since they had met, but why did they have to come here of all places?

"I will gift you something good. I want to know what you will do with it."

He looked down, then back up again, "I am already grateful for your help."

Anonym cheekily smiled at him, "We will show you our hiding spot, then I will give you something special."

Looking outside of the walls, she saw a mountain within some mist, in the far distance, and then looked around for Switch.

He came up to them a minute later and Anonym pointed towards the misty mountain, "Hiding spot, there."

Switch looked towards the misty mountain, then nodded. "Okay, let's go."

 

They all landed and found that this place was riddled with low level magical beasts.

Anonym thought it was a perfect spot, but Switch thought otherwise.

“The hideout will always have to be closed then!”

“So? If it’s such a big deal, get Presley to stay near the entrance!”

“What’s Presley going to do!”

“Let out a roar and scare them away.”

“Oh…”

“I don’t want to stay outside!”

“See, he doesn’t want to stay outside!”

“Then close the hideout all the time! Who cares!”

The follower watched them bicker over the 'hiding spot' with a funny feeling. He hadn't really spent much time with other people like them, so this was quite new. Turning back to the Rain Clan in the distance, he really was starting to worry. He knew these people were strong but through all his years of being terrified and running for survival, he just couldn't help but revert back to the same old feelings.

"Oi!" Anonym yelled.

The follower turned back to see that Switch was walking inside something that went underground.

"Follow."

Seeing Anonym walk into it too, he followed inside, to see a gigantic cave! Was this here before?

Just by being with these three for a couple of days, there had been so many things that he'd never seen before!

 

 

"So, what will you need?" Switch said, after finishing his 'jobs', and turned towards Anonym. He had to make treasure and food for Presley, then have all of Anonym's other belongings appear again. He started to feel like a slave...

"First, I have to remember all the talents, and where I am with them...I figured I'd probably need a book!"

"Talents?" The follower asked, worry written on his face.

Anonym turned to him and simply said, "Yeah, I want to cultivate all my talents."

"All your talents? You have more than one?" He asked, hearing that this was about her he felt better, but then, he felt curious. It was nice to meet someone with more than one talent like himself.

"Yeah, I probably have them all, who knows!" Anonym shrugged.

The follower stared wide eyed at her, how could...That be!?

"Hey, what's your name?"

He looked at them in apology, "I'm sorry, I hadn't introduced myself, my name is Mark."

"Right, well Mark, I plan to travel to Rain Clan for some shopping, then come back and go into secluded cultivation. We can get what you need if you want to go into secluded cultivation as well. But, like I said, I do have a present for you."

Anonym had noticed his face all this time, how he had fought so hard that he was using his own life to gamble. He probably hasn't anywhere to go...Then, upon coming here, and seeing his face the way she had seen it, she was sure that he feared something from here!

Walking up to him, she touched him and he wondered what she was doing.

"Now you don't have to worry." Was all she said.

Mark didn't understand, "I'm sorry?"

Switch gave him a new set of clothes and said, "You are invisible now."

"Revenge is sweet, Mark. Do it well. I'm guessing you won't need a hand, but I'll be happy to help!" Her smile was mischievous, and Mark was glad that she wasn't his enemy!

"Thank...Thank you." Looking down, to see the new clothes, he felt so relieved at that moment. He had been running for so long, been given the worst things, lost the people he loved and been schemed on until he had nearly died countless times! Unable to move, tears ran down his face to his past. For so long he had wanted exactly this, to have someone to help, even with something small. And now, he could let go a little bit and relax...

Wiping his tears, he nodded to himself. He took a deep breath in and let it out, hoping that the harsh past would stay there and now he could start anew.

 

Switch watched Anonym, who was watching Mark with sad eyes. He wanted to know what she was thinking. For her to do something like this, did she feel something for that guy?

Before he could think more, Anonym looked up at him and smiled.

Her smile shocked him and he couldn’t look away. She didn't say anything and didn't move but nodded to him and smiled. What was that supposed to mean!?

Switch put a hand to her face, pushing her hair behind her ear, "Are you feeling good?"

"Mmm."

He chuckled, "Is it time to go to town?"

Anonym sighed, "Do you think you could give me a piece of paper and then every talent there is? And ink?"

Nodding, Switch clicked his fingers, producing a piece of paper. Anonym looked at it, then frowned.

"I guess you haven't seen all the talents yet...And far from all the arts…We'll find out a lot more from town."

Looking at the piece of paper, Switch had listed at least several arts...How many were there anyway?

He had been here a year and knew of all of them on that piece of paper. Was there another way he could come up with a list?

Thinking things through, he clicked again, and a thick book appeared in his hands. Dust came of it and slowly floated to the floor.

Turning to Anonym, he said, "How about this?"

Grabbing the book, Anonym opened it up, to see quite a massive amount of knowledge. Ah, this old thing. It was indeed something she had come to the Rain Clan to get. "Much better! Great work!"

She grabbed his clothes and pulled him down, then kissed him on the cheek.

Through his astonishment, he just stood there, not noticing her walk away and start going through the book.

...She…Kissed me!

He was unsure how to feel about that!

 

As Anonym busily started to write down some talents, Mark finished changing and went towards her, seeing the book.

For a moment he didn’t see anything special about it, but it looked…Somewhat familiar…

"That's...That book!" He was pointing at it, like it was a dream, it was only one of four books in the world of Roneglaise! How did she get this book!?

"Yeah. Actually, I wrote this book."

Bang...

Mark had fallen to his knees, on the ground, in his utter shock. He knew this book was very old, so old that they didn't precisely know how old it was! How could this little girl have written this book!?

He was shocked into speechlessness, just like Switch had been from a kiss on the cheek!

Yet, she had no idea, or care...

"You...You...Wro...Wrote this!?" Mark stuttered.

Anonym looked up, a bit annoyed because she was concentrating, "Yeah, well, I wrote it once...I made my servants do the other three."

A strange sound came out of Mark's opened mouth, but no words were said. He just didn't understand how that could be possible! The person who wrote this, was that legend in the book that ended up dying, unable to gain longer life through the unattainable art of Immortality! How can this be possible!?

Anonym looked at Mark and asked, "Are you okay?...Do you want this book?"

"Great...Great Master Belwin!"

Frowning at the name, Anonym sighed, "What!?"

Switch looked at one and then the other, "Who is this 'Great Master Belwin'?"

"The legendary...Belwin."

Also frowning, Switch clicked his fingers and a book appeared in his hands. He looked at it with great interest. "Ah, were you this 'Great Master', Anonym?"

"Mmm. That was a long time ago."

A long time ago!?

Mark knew it was more than just a 'long time ago'. It was at least a hundred thousand years ago!

"This will give me something else to do while you're in secluded cultivation!" Switch said, as he held the book with enthusiasm.

"Uh?" Anonym had tried to concentrate again, but they kept talking!

Seeing the book in his hands, she frowned, "Ah."

Chuckling, Switch looked at her and then Mark, "What are your plans?"

Mark was still speechless and couldn't think properly, as he just continued to look blankly at Anonym.

Seeing him like this, made Switch unhappy. He placed the book in his hands to be in front of Mark’s eyes, to stop him from eyeballing Anonym. "Oi, what are your plans?"

Mark looked up and tried to think, but nothing came to mind. He felt like an insignificant fly at the moment! What does his life matter!

Sighing, Switch tried again, "Will you go into secluded cultivation too, to get stronger?"

"Stronger?" Mark asked. To be strong! That is a great idea!

Switch nodded towards Anonym, and said, "She could probably point you in the right path. Just don't get too close to her or I'll get mad!"

Mark blankly looked at Switch, "Uh?"

How could he, a fly, get close to the Great Master Belwin! He is undeserving!

Nodding easily, he really did want to start to figure out what he was going to do!

 

***

 

It had taken several hours for Anonym to figure out what she was going to cultivate this time, to make the best of her time. In conclusion, she wanted to cultivate Proficiency to make her cultivate in everything else quicker in the future. The only way to cultivate Proficiency, was to continuously cultivate a talent. Through knowing this, Anonym wanted to choose something easy and quick, so she was going to cultivate the art of Alchemy, in which she can also make pills to help her at the same time!

The biggest problem with alchemy, was obviously the materials that she would need. Having to have to sit down with Switch, she could see that he didn’t know of the herbs that existed. Deciding to get at least one of each of the materials that she would need from the Rain Clan, she then would demand the rest from Switch.

When she had told Mark that she was going to make pills for him to help him cultivate, he became very grateful and wanted to worship her in his heart!

Switch had helped a great deal, by gathering many magical stones of assorted colours. Seeing this, Mark was gobsmacked! He had never seen such a thing before! Just a click...And...Holy crap!

These two were dead set powerful beings!

 

After Anonym had come to the conclusion on what she was going to cultivate and what she needed to shop for, she had finally asked Mark what he was going to do.

He still hadn't worked it out! He didn't know anything!

Seeing him like that, Anonym made him listen to her as she described an effective way to do talents and personal cultivation. She only gave him advice, not wanting to be one to tell him what to do…As that would require more work on her behalf…

Mark had never listened to anyone else in his life so attentively. She was his goddess!

Finally, he decided on the art of Invisibility. Having the talent of Psychology already, and the art of Invisibility being something under Psychology, he didn’t need to use his left over unused talent. He choose the art of Invisibility because it would be something that would help him survive!

Switch gave him the two books, that Anonym had already mastered, and Mark nearly fell into tears to how grateful he was!

Why were they so nice!? Is it really time for me to finally have some good luck...A future!?

Anonym told him that he should also work on his personal cultivation, so, she gave him her old pressure cuffs. After that, she told him that she would show him how to cultivating Power next time.

Mark thanked them endlessly and went towards a part of the cave, that Switch had made for him. It had a fresh water stream in it and if Mark ever got hungry, he just had to find Switch or Presley.

It was very normal for people to only cultivate at the most of two days, before they had to stop for nourishment…Unless someone had knowledge in the art of Rejuvenation…

With this, Switch knew that he would constantly have to stay this time, instead of gaining more knowledge outside by himself. He hadn't known this last time, but hadn't really thought about it. But he found himself really quite lucky that Anonym had that art of Rejuvenation!

Even though he had to stay behind, he was already looking forward to reading and knowing about the past life of this ‘Great Master Belwin’!

 

 

Finally, after a full two days from making their ‘hiding spot’, Anonym really wanted one more play before she went into cultivation, as she still hadn't gone to the Rain Clan yet!

Even though they had to go anyway, because of the materials that she still needed, Anonym was talking about having fun.

Switch already knew that she wanted to play more…He was starting to understand what it was that she wanted now, with her different looks and actions. Seeing her starting to hurry and smile, was her looking forward to going out…

But Switch couldn’t help but feel a little useless, even though he could help her tremendously, sometimes he felt like he was keeping her down!

He had heard about what had happened back in the Hydra Clan, before he had met her…That she had stolen all of the items that he had found in her hidden spot!

Thinking that he can't stop her from going out and having some enjoyment every now and then, he tagged along with her and had to admit to himself that he was very much excited to see what would happen this time!

He wanted to see what this little runt was like when ‘shopping’!

4