Chapter 7 ** Master **
103 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Upon their return to the cave, Anonym was asleep but Switch was at a dead set loss! He had no idea how she could do all those things! And all by herself!

Their trip to the Rain Clan was an eye opener for Switch and he sincerely wondered what kind of help he could be to this little runt! Ever since meeting her, he hadn’t had time to be his usual, expressionless self…Watching her and seeing how she acted, always caught him by complete and utter surprise!

She had told him to watch, with a devilish smile on her face. So, he had watched her until she disappeared and saw how such a commotion in one little shop she could make! What she had done, was make someone else a thief, to take away the guards, then she stole what she had wanted from when she had already looked into the shop beforehand...

Right in front of him was the biggest thief he'd ever seen, as she even stole from the customers inside the shop as well!

When she had come back to him, she showed him her treasure and looked at him with big eyes, that said, 'Aren't I good!?'

What was he supposed to think?

Normally, he found thieving to be bad, it was against the rules…He had understood why too, because people generally worked hard to get all their stuff. He also knew how it felt to have things he’s worked hard for, get taken from him. And then there were items that could hold sentimental value to each and every person…But here she was just taking whatever she wanted and even getting somebody else into trouble for it!

That was the very first shop that they had gone too. After that, it was more fun and games for her as he started to carry more and more items. These items were quite specific too, they were all things that she deemed worthy and would use most of them in her cultivation. All the items added up though, they would cost as much to at least feed a family of four for the rest of their lives…But, they hadn't spent any money at all!

When his load had gotten too big, he had vouched to her that he will return it to her when they go back to the cave, and he had made them all vanish. After seeing them vanish, she looked like she had lost something so precious that she couldn't move...

He didn't know how to treat her!

 

After that, she threatened him with her treasures and made him relent to go to a tavern. He hadn't realized that she had literally coned him into it, with nothing but words! Had he lost his mind!?

Switch sighed, he couldn't help it, as he knew he was getting a little bit soft with this little runt.

So, they had gone to a tavern...But, of course, her fun hadn't stopped, she had just continued at the tavern!

With what she had done, Switch continued to wonder how inhuman she was! She wouldn't care for gender, age or status. She had fun with each and every one of them and played dirty, simple, little tricks that made them all angry, confused or startled.

He had shaken his head quite a few times, to some of the things she did, but hadn't stopped her in the slightest. Her happy laughter flowed throughout the night and he was powerless against it.

She had, again, switched drinks and food. Children that had no home, and had hidden in a corner, had gotten drunk through this method and they themselves made a ruckus! She went into the kitchen and personally took out meals that looked really tasty and gave them to the dirty, homeless kids. When the tavern finally saw that this was happening, they wanted to try and say something but before they could, they would end up tripping or falling…

She pushed more maidens into men and drank her freedom elixir…

At one point, she had sat down near an older man, who was drunk, and started talking to him. He had a few laughs with her and after he had left, he had never thought that those laughs had come at a price! She had stolen his families necklace, that was priceless to him, and gave it to another elderly, who looked like she needed it more.

Switch had begun to realize then, that she does have a conscience, she did want to treat particular people better than others...He just didn’t know or understand how she picked those people!

After some time though, guards had come, and he had seen that she might be in a predicament. He wanted to protect her but she looked at him and said, "You wanna join in the fight?"

She had been drinking her freedom elixir and he was a little worried. But she looked so excited and he honestly wanted to see what it was like to be in close combat and he ended up nodding his head.

So, the guards became punching bags...She had easily disarmed them and then showed Switch the best ways to hit them. It became an exhibition of some sort, as people started to watch and listen to her. Whispers filled the area outside of the tavern and others came by to also see.

 

Funnily enough, she talked a guard into sparring with her, and they started to have fun. As she made some moves, she would explain them to Switch, and the other guards sat there to listen as well...

After she had showed enough through fists and kicks, she got out her dagger and swiped it in front of the guard, scaring him to stand still with eyes wide opened.

She had smiled then and said, "Time for weapons! See this?..."

The guards had laughed and continued to watch, and Anonym continued to drink and explain.

What new people seem to think, was that this little girl was all talk...But as they had watched, they didn't continue to want to speak up about it. Not only did they not get a chance to, because she continued to show Switch her moves, but she had started to show such skill that people could only see to believe!

After she had shown how to use a dagger, she had borrowed swords, both one handed and two handed, and explained how to hold them and how the use them…She even wanted to go further in how they should cultivate but…

Anonym started to stumble and stutter too much with her words and actions, Switch then said that they have had enough and that it was time to go.

The stares that Switch had gotten then, made him quite frustrated. They didn't like him coming in to intrude at all!

Anonym smiled at him, "Mmm, I'll come back later."

When Switch pulled her into his arms, she cuddled up to him and closed her eyes. He brought out his staff and they disappeared before anyone could stop them!

 

After they had left, words carried throughout the whole of the Rain Clan and even the current Emperor wanted to meet this little girl, that seemed to know so much and gain such praise.

Even a few days later, news was still traveling around about her, when the Imperial Concubine returned from the Hydra Clan. When she heard this news, she had wondered for some time about her and started to really think that the earth trembling and the ‘powerful person’ could really be this girl…

Having had received information from the Hydra Clan, she had spent the rest of the return trip trying to come up with a plan to find evidence that this girl might indeed be the ‘powerful person’. But, she wouldn’t have known how to find her!

Having not heard that this girl, that everyone in the Rain Clan spoke of, hadn’t made a big commotion about invisibility, she had been unsure. Although, as she heard more and more of what this girl had taught in front of the tavern and did inside it, the Imperial Concubine became determined that it was the same girl that was at the Hydra Clan! What she couldn’t work out was, how she had gotten here so quickly! As it was, at a certain time, they had to make a short detour because of some crazed villagers talking about the end of the world!

But, as the days went on, no one could find the little girl. In fact, many of the people got really upset and angry with this 'Switch' follower and they started to say that he had kidnapped their girl!

This 'girl', just recently went into secluded cultivation and won't be coming back for some time!

 

One Year Later

 

Anonym walked out of her secluded part of the cave and stretched. She looked around to see Switch looking at her from a chair.

In this year, he had seen her three times, two times she had given him pills to give to Mark and two times he had given her food to eat and more materials, not including her freedom elixir.

She had changed from cultivating alchemy, half way through the one year in seclusion, to again cultivate Power and then Strength. Now that she had enhanced both Power and Proficiency to her liking, she was happy to cultivate talents instead now.

Her growth was obvious to Switch, as she now looked older, she looked closer to a thirteen-year-old instead of a twelve-year-old. She had more curves now and her hair was longer. Her face still held a bit of baby fat but had more of an older look then it had before. Her body looked lean but toned, which already looked quite nice because it was obvious that she was more athletic and had less fat on her body then the average girl.

Switch stared at her, as she sat leisurely on another chair beside his and asked what he was doing.

Holding up a book, he asked, "Was this you too?"

The book was another of the three legend books, that were still being read through out today on Roneglaise. Switch had finished the other two books months beforehand, but some time ago, when he had seen Mark, he was told that there was book about another legend that he hadn’t read yet.

She nodded casually and looked at him like a little kitten...With this look, Switch frowned. He was starting to get used to what she wanted and how she looked like when she wanted it.

He was silent for too long and she said, "Please! You said that I had to wait a year! I waited!"

Sighing, he clicked his fingers and a cup appeared in front of her. He watched her sniff it and then have a tiny sip and he sighed once again. This little runt didn't trust him as much since that last time she came out of secluded cultivation. Every time he made a cup for her now, she would always check it beforehand.

Before he could think further, she held the cup out to him again. Shocked, he saw that it was empty, "You can't drink like that! It's bad for you!"

Anonym didn't move her hand and shrugged, "I don't think I'm wasting time by drinking it when it makes me happy. If you won't give it to me now, I'll go out and get it myself."

She was going to drink with or without him...How cruel! He felt like he had no choice but to fill in her cup up again, with another click of his fingers.

 

While Anonym relaxed a while longer, Mark came from the entrance of the cave. "Great Master Belwin! You're back from seclusion?"

"Mmm." Was all the reply he got.

Mark went to his knees in front of her and bowed deeply, "Great Master Belwin, I cultivated all of the first book of invisibility! And then, with your help of the pills and ideas, I was also able to continue to cultivate the second book! I'm very grateful for your helping hand and give my thanks."

Anonym frowned at his speech but still liked that her slave was very well behaved, by kneeling to her. "Good, good."

Switch chuckled, he was certain that Mark worshiped Anonym as a goddess. But when he looked at them, he couldn't help but laugh! This ‘goddess’ was sitting with her legs dangling over the side of the chair and was eating a chicken wing, without being lady like at all!

Mark didn't care for her posture, he was sure in his heart, that this was indeed the 'Great Master Belwin'!

He has already decided to become absolutely devoted to this person!

“May this servant know what is Great Master Belwin’s next plan?” Mark asked.

Anonym frowned at his fawning speech again, and said, “I want to have some fun. Now that my Proficiently has improved with my Power, I can focus on cultivating talents in my next seclusion. Since I have already figured out what talent it will be, I will have an outing and go back into seclusion.”

Mark smiled, he just knew this person will only grow more powerful! “May this servant join you on your outing, Great Master Belwin?”

“Sure, we all need to get out, right Switch?”

Switch was happy she remembered him, “Yeah.”

After Switch checked on Presley, that wouldn’t leave his treasure’s, they left and walked towards the Rain Clan.

 

 

Mark was ecstatic, he was on an outing with a legend! Of course, he still stayed invisible due to being afraid, but he couldn’t help smiling with joy.

What a great chance to see this Master in action!

But, what he hadn’t even thought of, was that this master…Was completely ruthless and uncaring!

First, they went towards the biggest shop in the Rain Clan. Anonym gingerly went through the main area downstairs, but didn’t hesitate to go up the stairs to where the more valuable and expensive things were.

“Great Master Belwin, do you have enough money for any of these?” Mark asked, seeing some of the prices. Even though he had been a Prince, he hadn’t been able to see things like these! Money was something that he never had…

“Money?” Anonym asked him casually. Who needs money!? “I haven’t had money since my former life!”

“For…Former life.” Mark was in struck with awe once again. To live more than once was the art of Reincarnation!

“Mmm, I just take whatever I want.” Anonym said, continuing through the expensive goods.

“Take?” Mark asked. For some reason he felt like he tripped over nothing.

Anonym didn’t say anything else but grabbed a higher valued pressure cuffs. This was something she needed, the pressure cuffs she had now no longer seem to help much at all. They will come in handy for Mark though. Putting them on Switch’s belt, without even asking him, she made them invisible afterwards.

“Master! That’s stealing!” Mark pointed and loudly said.

“I want it.” Was all she casually replied with.

She’s a thief, the Great Master Belwin…Was a thief…

Suddenly, Mark felt like the world was shaking to this new piece of knowledge. Having put her up on such a high pedestal, all by himself, he also plunged down quite hard to the ground!

Switch let out a chuckle to Mark’s face of astonishment, and followed behind Anonym, who had already moved on.

 

After she had chosen three things that she wanted, Mark watching as each time she had stolen them, then they continued to go to a pill factory. The Hydra Clan hadn’t had one, but luckily, Anonym hadn’t needed it then…Or thought of it.

It was a quite obvious place, as it was a factory that supply's and buys pills. There were also flask factories and poison factories and other factories under the other arts of Alchemy, but pill factories were one of the most popular among them. The reason why pill factories were the most popular, was because they could almost supply each flask or each poison in a pill. Of course, there were some flasks or poisons that they couldn't put in a pill, but the masters of the art of Alchemy are determined to continue to try and get them into one...

The factory wasn't very big, similar to a medium sized shop, and they happily walked in, directly going to the shopkeeper.

Anonym had brought her own bag, that bag was full of pills, as she had advanced in both Proficiency and Alchemy.

Placing the bag on top of the counter, she said, “I want to replace these pills with more advanced pills that help with cultivation.”

The shopkeeper stared at the small girl with curiosity. He hadn’t seen her before, yet she seemed to have so many pills, perhaps she was just a messenger or apprentice doing their 'Master’s' job.

Looking at the pills, he was quite amazed, there were heaps there! Making this many pills would take a lot of time! Perhaps her master was in seclusion…Or she stole them!

“Where is it that this young miss got these pills from?” He asked, with a small accusation tone inserted into his voice.

Anonym shrugged, “I made them.”

Switch smiled, she held nothing back all the time! Wouldn’t it be easier to make a story up, or do this with people that didn’t ask questions? But she never cared, she always said and did whatever she wanted and it really was a pleasant change to see. In his existence, he had met so many people that keep secrets and say nothing of what they actually mean. He himself was a secret, many times, so he was quite happy to kick the habit, and not care anymore either.

 

“You…You made all these pills? How am I to believe you, young miss.”

Mark then felt wronged for the Great Master Belwin and said, “This person should be treated better than this!”

The shopkeeper then looked towards the person that appeared out of nowhere, shocked. There wasn’t someone there a second ago, but…What was this! “Who are you!?” He asked.

“I am Prince Mark! This is the Great Master Belwin! You must pay your respects!”

The shopkeeper looked at Mark in surprise, then at Anonym, the young miss, and promptly laughed.

It took a moment for the shopkeeper to calm down his laughter, and said, “I…must have…heard wrong! Prince Mark is somebody that doesn’t leave the palace and the Great Master Belwin is someone that had perished a long time ago. I must have heard wrong.”

With a smile on his face, he wondered if these three were a pack of entertainers. They were funny indeed!

“I prefer the name Anonym, hurry now, I want to leave.” Anonym said, not in the least upset that Mark had tried to use her past life’s name to gain power or respect.

“Oh, yes, young miss.” The shopkeeper forgot why they had gotten onto the subject and did what the customer wanted. Even though there had been many pills for her to exchange, she had only gotten twenty higher valued pills in return.

When they were about to leave, the shopkeeper said, “I really like you people, were do you entertain normally?”

Anonym scoffed at him, “I don’t jest sir, I believe you should trust people’s words sometimes.”

As far as she was concerned, the shopkeeper was at fault for assuming they had lied.

Watching them leave, the shopkeeper was stupefied, how could their words be real? How was he to believe it!? In the end, he couldn’t believe that the Great Master Belwin would come back to Roneglaise ever again. The legend will live on through the books, never to be seen again personally.

He sighed, thinking of the Great Master, he remembered the story and felt like he could read it once again…

 

Mark was very angry! “Why didn’t he believe us?”

Anonym shrugged, “Why should we care if he does or doesn’t?”

Switch looked at Anonym and found that she really didn’t care, finding that there was something else that he hadn’t known about her. She wasn’t worried about other people’s thoughts, like many others.

Turning to Mark, Anonym smiled, “I know you want people to treat me well, but you don’t have to do it like that…”

Interrupting her, he got down on his knees, right in front of everybody close by, and loudly apologized, “My…This servant apologizes, a thousand times, Great Master Belwin, I will not do that again!”

Her lips twitched to his words and actions. This guy really didn’t know how to treat people at all. Feeling that he must have been locked up for the majority of his life…If not that, then been poorly treated or beaten into submission.

“Enough.” Anonym said. “Let’s drink.”

Even though it was still plainly day time, at this moment it was softly raining. It was very normal to have rain in the Rain Clan, but when the sun did come out...It was very beautiful, as the rainbows would come and the sun would come through the cloud spaces to shine down. With this small act of kneeling on the ground, Mark had dirtied his attire but felt that it didn't matter in the slightest because he was more thinking that he was lucky to have no punishment for doing something that the Great Master Belwin didn't like.

Finding a tavern nearby, they went in, leaving behind a few people confused on the actions of the three people.

When they were seated, so were a few others that had overheard outside. They were a little intrigued with the girl because she looked similar to the girl from a year ago. When they had overheard that last conversation, they couldn’t let her out of their sight, whether it be a joke or not!

“Great Master Belwin, this servant can get someone straight away!” Mark went to get up but Anonym fiercely told him to sit down.

“Yes, Master.”

Sighing to her servant, she really thought that he was trying to hard! She wasn’t going to go out of her way! Switch…Was right next to her!

She looked at Switch, smiling and looking like a harmless, little kitten.

Switch clicked his fingers and a cup came before her.

Her assistant was really looking good and was well behaved, as Anonym checked that the liquid was indeed freedom elixir, she wondered if she should let Switch be promoted to a higher status…

 

 

It was about half an hour after they had sat down, that someone had been pushed towards them. "Uh uh, young miss."

Anonym looked up at the stranger, who seemed scared. "What?"

The man looked down, then behind him, then at Anonym, "We would like to ask if this young...Young lady, is the same young lady who was teaching about a year ago."

Blankly looking at the man, Anonym was trying to remember...Having many sleeps since then, she shrugged.

Mark looked at her, then at the stranger, "Why? What happened a year ago?"

Switch looked down at Anonym with a smile, "She was teaching me how to hit someone."

A hand hit the table, "Right! Yeah, now I remember! Haha!" Anonym said, happy that she remembered.

The stranger had a certain glint in his eyes and he turned around, nodding his head.

Looking back at the stranger curiously, Anonym said, "What about it?"

The man turned back towards her and said, "This person...We...Would like for you to continue your teachings."

"Great Master Belwin! They want to learn from the greatest, you must teach me as well!" Mark put his head down on the table, to imply he was bowing to her.

Anonym looked at Switch, "You want to learn more from the Great Master Belwin?"

Feeling happy that she had asked him, he nodded at her. Having read the book on this legend, he knew that she was very talented when it came to fighting.

Anonym smiled mischievously, "Very well!"

Standing up, then getting on top of the table they were at, everyone in the tavern looked up at her, "Where is a large place that we can spar?"  

 

About ten people cheered, and a few said for her to follow them. Three people ran off to tell others and half of the tavern got abanded, as people followed her out. At this time, the sun was shining through some clouds, from high in the sky, luckily the rain had halted, for now…

When they reached a large place, that was somewhat deserted, Anonym brought Switch and Mark towards the centre and then asked who wanted to spar first. While waiting for their responses, Anonym got her dagger out and ripped her dress, making people stare at her dumbfounded. Switch, on the other hand, wasn't surprised...

After they recovered their senses, a few walked forwards towards her, with smiles on their faces and a few spectators sat down, ready to watch.

Anonym cracked her knuckles and showed a devilish smile, "Bring it on!"

"Great Master Belwin, won't you get hurt?" Mark asked, worried for her.

"Nah, I love fighting! Switch, watch this, it's a famous 'Great Master Belwin' move!" Before anyone could say or do anything, she ran up to one of the people that had come forward, and in one move, brought him down to the floor...

The person who had come forward, that she had attacked, was knocked out cold and Anonym laughed.

Everyone was speechless, quite a few had heard about the legendary ‘one move knock out’ from the book of Great Master Belwin! He had done this to the Emperor of a continent, so that Grand Master Belwin could deem himself the King of Roneglaise. The book states that this one move was showing mercy, because he hadn’t killed the Emperor...What wasn't written in the book was that Great Master Belwin knew that if he had killed that Emperor, life would have been harder because of the people and extra work.

"Could it...Really be..."

"Great...Master..."

"How could it be possible!"

Whispers spread around the area...

"I didn't see it, show me again." Switch said, he wasn't lying...

Laughing, Anonym cheekily smiled at him, "Does everyone want to see it again!?" She yelled.

Many cheered and she laughed again.

Sadly, as she showed the move again, no one still could work out what had happened...

3