Chapter 8 ** Predicament **
110 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

As time went on, more and more people gathered around and Anonym ended up getting so excited that she wanted thirty people to come at her at once, but there wasn't enough people.

For a time, she taught some other things, as she waited for them to get more people.

Mark was in so much awe, that his eyes sparkled with stars, as he watched his goddess. On the other hand, Switch had been enjoying Anonym showing him with her own body, then touching his body to do the same. Other's wanted her to check their stances as well but Switch dominated her attention and glared at them when they asked.

It didn’t matter if they had daggers, swords, axes or fists, she pointed out flaws and told them their strengths. Going over each person, she would say to cultivate something particular, as it would improve that specific person in the best possible way and gave reasons for it. Beyond that, she even gave some advice to a few people on what they should infuse their weapon with...

The sun was just about gone now, as an orange colour flowed out and slowly merged into a pink colour that went over the clouds in the sky, but dark clouds started to come closer from the south. It was going to rain again soon.

It was at this time, a loud voice entered the scene, "Haha, I want to see this girl, bring me to her!"

As people moved to the side, to let someone else through, they started to bow. Someone who flourished with gold came through the crowd and he could finally look upon the girl that seemed to attract all these people. "My girl, I have come to see you personally! I have just recently heard you can do a move just like the legendary 'Great Master Belwin'. I would be immensely happy if you could show this King!"

Looking up at the voice, Anonym only saw the pretty, glittery treasure. His crown looked like it would become the best piece of her treasure pile! Maybe she could tease Presley with it!

It had beautiful jewels that weren’t randomly put anywhere, they were instead, well placed. The gold finish was shiny and looked brand new, making Anonym’s hands start to itch.

Switch saw the Emperor, but instead of bowing like everyone else, he turned to Anonym to see her eyes greedily looking at the Emperor...

"Young girl, I would like to see this move of yours." The Emperor could see that she hadn't even shown her respects to him, but he didn't want to make a big deal about it in front of so many people. Wouldn't it make it more obvious that he's being disrespected?

"Uh? Oh, yeah, sure. Why not!? We are waiting for more people anyway." Anonym said, looking around for a volunteer.

People knew this move knocked you out cold, so no one wanted to step forward!

The Emperor saw this and wondered what was wrong, "Is it so hard for this King to see one move?"

Seeing that their Emperor was getting angry, a few stepped forward, unhappily.

 

Smiling, Anonym rushed towards a person and did her move, that people still couldn't figure out!

The Emperor was excited, but a little annoyed, because he hadn't seen anything either, "What is this move? What do you do? Tell this King."

Shaking her head, Anonym smiled at him, "It's a secret!"

"I wish to know! Do I have to imply a decree to find out!" The Emperor expressed his frustration. If his Clan could know this move, anyone who wanted to go against them would first have to be fearless!

"A decree will not work on me...Who do you think made up the law of the 'decree'? Besides, your own son didn’t even bow to me!" Anonym turned around and walked back to Switch.

It really wasn't a big deal to her, but many people gasped. Not only was this little girl going against the Emperor, but she had stated yet another fact about the 'Great Master Belwin'...He had indeed been the one that first started to use the law of the 'decree'! And on top of that, she wanted a Prince to bow to her! Such…Such courage!

The Emperor had already lost face once...He could no longer tolerate her behaviour. "Guards, make her kneel to me!"

"Yes!" Anonym laughed and got ready to fight. This was what she had been waiting for!

Thunder was heard from the sky and rain started to fall...

Switch stayed to the side and watched, he wasn't going to take his eyes off her. Mark, on the other hand, was silently calling out for his 'Great Master Belwin' in worry. He knew what his father was like!

People wouldn't admit it out loud, but they were upset with their Emperor, all this time they had been relaxed and happy…

No one seemed to mind as they started to get wet, some went to find shelter close by, but their attention was all on what was going to happen to Anonym.

 

Anonym calmed herself down, there were at least thirty people this time, maybe even fourty...

For her to overcome every single guard and what they could do, she focused that intently, that she couldn't think or look anywhere else.

These guards weren't guards from the Hydra Clan...These guards were a lot more powerful!

They had encircled her now, and five of them came at her at once from five different directions.

Anonym stood there and waited, as they got closer and closer towards her, then pushed herself off the ground, with the art of Invisibility. While she was in the air, above them, she used that same power towards them, as they were nearly all together now.

The push of air she had sent towards them, made them fall to the floor, but before she could celebrate, an eagle came at her as she drifted slowly back towards the ground. This eagle was fast and want to dig into her flesh. Taking her dagger out, she closed her eyes and used her senses to scout the eagle out.

Just as she sliced through the eagle wing, she felt that below her was a high-level trap. Only a metre from landing, she turned her body, to face the ground head on, pointing out her dagger.

Once the dagger hit the trap and locking it into place, she used that momentum to jump away from the trap, before it was sit off. Already, she had lost her dagger, but she remained calm and collected.

As she had rolled, she got up to her feet, but a bear went to swipe at her and she ducked just in time.

As she had ducked, a guard used an assassin throwing tool and it hit her in the arm.

It had been only the third one thrown at her and she hadn’t been able to avoid it! Angry that she had drawn blood, she pulled it out just as quick and held it as she jumped away again and throw it at the closest guard.

 

Switch was worried, this was entirely different to being at the Hydra Clan. He hadn't seen these kinds of talents before! A few guards had turned entirely into something totally different!

Feeling very worried, he really wanted to help Anonym out of trouble but as he went closer, she smiled at him for a split second, before she turned back away.

She...Was fine?

How could she be fine!? There was thirty or so guards and only one of her!

As the rain started to come down harder than before, Switch continued to watch very carefully, ready to help at any moment.

Anonym, on the other hand, had gotten pushed down after that small smile to Switch, but she quickly made the person on top of her and herself roll, so that she became the one on top. Then she did a quick move that knocked him out and kicked out towards another guard coming up to her left. Rolling off him and grabbing someone's foot, she kneed him into the place between his calf and higher leg and he fell. By now she was already quite wet and dirty but that didn't seem to affect her as she continued.

Anonym then used the recently fallen guard as a jumping pad, to go to someone behind him, to tackle him in one move, causing him to also be knocked out. From there, she used the art of Invisibility to push herself up again, to see them all below her. With a quick shove to herself and the air around her, she turned around rapidly to shake off dirt and water from her cut up dress and it was released to the guards below her. Achieving to put dirt into three guards eyes, she laughed mischievously.

Another shape shifter turned into an eagle to attack her, as she was still high in the air. This time, he attacked her foot and got her in the ankle. Having had swooped so hard against one place, he actually had done the most damage so far!

Letting out a sneer, Anonym let out a vicious, powerful punch towards the eagle and it was knocked down towards the ground. When the eagle disappeared, to become a guard once again, he didn't move and blood came out of his mouth.

Feeling angrier and angrier, Anonym got more and more aggressive! Twice now she had been hurt, Twice!

 

It was all fun and games till her ankle got hurt and everyone knew that she had changed into a ruthless killer. Falling to the floor, she pounced onto a guard, snapping his neck, then jumped off his shoulders, to directly roll forward towards another guard to do the same. She picked up his sword and went straight towards another guard that held a sword that flashed with blue glow. She used quick steps that he couldn't seem to keep up with after the first three strikes. Her fourth strike landed into his stomach and she stole his sword, leaving the other sword sticking out of his body. Because she had cultivated in Power quite a lot, the sword that had glowed a light blue before, now glowed even brighter.

Smiling sinisterly, she had got her sword, now to stop the fight…Because she was at a disadvantage.

Standing on her ankle hurt like hell, so she only had one more choice.

Quickly looking around and blocking another assassin tool with her sword, she already had three guards circling her again. In an instant, she pulled one guard into another guard and cut the others neck with great precision. While the two guards who had ran into one another, were still disorganized, Anonym took this chance to go towards her target!

Kicking up from the ground, she raced towards a guard, wounding him after having to block twice, then jumped off his body to land...Right beside the Emperor.

The beautiful blue glowing sword was at his neck and Anonym gave away no hint that she had been injured. "My, my, Emperor. I think you're in a bit of a pickle!"

Mark came out then, "Wait...That's...That's" Should he stick up for his own father? …He couldn’t seem finish his sentence...

Thunder roared across the skies and the rain came down harder to create puddles upon the already wet ground.

"Mark! Help me! Tell her to kneel to me!" The Emperor had been astonished into silence, until his son Mark had spoken. Never in his life had he been in such a...Predicament!

Anonym laughed, taking off his crown, with her free hand, and placing it on her own dirty head. "This Emperor thinks that I don't mean business..."

"You will pay for this with your life! Kill her!" He yelled.

Swiping the sword over his flesh, Anonym let him drop to the ground...

She looked completely like a ruler, a goddess of the entire lands of Roneglaise. The people around and seeing her like this, found that they should bow to her absolute authority.

Looking at the guards, that were still after her, she smiled at them. "Willing to yield or want to follow your Emperor?"

Finally, people started to realize what had happened! They looked towards the ground were their Emperor had fallen and stayed motionless. His blood continued to leak out from his neck and started to stain the grass and dirt a deep red colour.

She had...Really killed the Emperor! That's...

 

Switch knew that something was wrong with Anonym, he brought out his staff and gave the ground a big knock with it. Everyone fell to the floor, except for Anonym, Mark and himself. Whatever they tried, they could not get up, they kept getting sucked towards the ground like a magnet!

Walking over to Anonym, he picked her up, while she was still wearing the crown and holding the beautiful blue sword. Making sure that her foot was off the ground, he started to walk away. Mark followed, unsure of what to think or do.

Should he be mad with Anonym...Should he be happy?

Once they were far enough away, Switch turned to Mark and said, "Go invisible, we are going ahead."

Hitting the ground once again with his staff, Switch and Anonym disappeared from the darkness of the town.

Mark went invisible, but stood there. Even though he had become invisible, water dropped from his face and his clothes were sticking to him now.

Thunder continued to be heard as it crossed the skies of the Rain Clan.

After a minute, he looked back to see that people were getting up yelling and crying over their deceased Emperor.

Being invisible gave Mark enough strength to go back and watch.

People didn't seem to care about the rain at all, they all cried and bowed towards a certain motionless body on the ground.

Seeing this, Mark hadn't come to terms with what had happened at all. To a small degree, he had wanted to go back to the palace one day and show his father what he could do...Maybe his father could be proud of him and finally see him as a son. Now there was no chance of that happening at all.

He found that he was a little mad at Anonym, and yet still, very, very loyal. Through his confusion, he walked away.

To Anonym and Switch, they have no idea what happened to Mark, because he disappears for quite some time.

 

***

 

When they arrived at their cave, Switch noticed that Anonym had not spoken a word and lightly put her down on the chair. Her face was pale and showed sweat on her forehead, even after he'd already wiped her face not long ago. Switch was sure that she was in quite a lot of pain.

Putting his hand on her ankle, she flinched.

Clicking his fingers, an instant later she let out a groan, "Better?"

Anonym breathed out and nodded, the pain from the bone going back together, had already passed. "Thank you."

Switch brushed some of her wet hair behind her ear and sighed, "Killing an Emperor isn't a wise decision..."

She put the sword down by her side and frowned, "I have lived too long to care about who I kill. Emperor, concubine, a great master...If they want me to do something that I don't want to do and force it upon me, that ends up injuring me...Then it sucks to be them! Now that I think about it, I could have gone invisible...Forgot about that...Oh well, I’d rather not run away."

She shrugged and fixed up the crown on her dishevelled head.

Shaking his head, he removed the crown, and asked, " He was the most powerful person on this continent, aren't you afraid that they'll get everyone after you?"

Anonym looked at him, from looking at the crown that he had placed next to the sword, she had no fear within her eyes at all. "I thought you would understand me..."

Switch was a little hurt by her words, "I worry about you, you can still die...You can still get hurt!" He pointed then to her ankle.

Letting out a small smile, she leaned forward and put a hand to his face, "It is good that my assistant worries for me..."

For a moment they stared at each other.

Switch was in conflict, as she gently had touched him, yet, called him an assistant. Anonym, on the other hand, stared at him in silence, as she silently celebrated his faithfulness. Not wanting her to get hurt, gave her cold heart some warmth that made her feel funny.

Remembering her previous life's, she had indeed fallen in love before, most of those times, they were all dramatic. You seem to care more if you are in love. What are they doing? When can I see them again? Can we be closer?

It was that dramatic that Anonym didn't want to relive it again...But, this feeling that was warming her heart seemed to be something similar to that.

Not wanting to ponder further on it, she went to take her hand away, but he put his hand over hers instead and leaned in himself, touching his lips to hers.

Anonym was angry, not only did she not want this to happen but she was taken by surprise.

Putting her other arm to his chest, she pushed him back and he fell to the floor. His strength was nothing to hers, after all, he was just a wizard who couldn’t cultivate...

It had only been a small gentle kiss, but she wiped her mouth anyway. Wanting to get away from Switch, she stood up and just as she went to walk away, he tripped her with his own feet and she fell back into his embrace.

He didn't forcefully keep her there, as he let his hand go over her face once again.

 

Being quite shocked at his sudden change of tactics, Anonym didn't know what to do. "Are you going to force me too?"

Switch gently smiled at her, "No, my leg slipped."

Anonym's mouth twitched to his words. They sounded like something she would say! Noticing that he wasn't holding her down, she felt glad, she really wouldn't be ready to leave him.

Looking at his face, she couldn't believe that she already liked having him around that much...She didn't want him to make things difficult for her or have him leave on his own accord. It almost felt like they had already become somewhat of a family...She wanted to know how he got that scar on his face, how he came to be here…Also, she hadn't seen how much power this person actually has!

Through this thought, she gained an idea!

"I know how you can make it up to me." She said, slyly.

Switch let out a chuckle, as he stared at her lips, "Oh? Then how can I make it up to you?"

Anonym pushed herself up, which made them become very close, "I have an idea that will help my curiosity and maybe could stop any kind of people coming after me."

He put a hand around her wet waist and said, "And this idea is?"

She put her hands around his neck, trying to remember how to flirt, and continued, "You are powerful right?"

Leaning his forehead against hers, he let out a small, "Mmm."

Putting her fingers through his shoulder length hair, she smiled at him, "How about I leave them to you. But I want to watch!"

Unable to totally comprehend her words, because of his slight lust, he hugged her tighter, "Me?"

Feeling his warmth on her body, she suddenly remembered what it was like to be entangled with another. She had forgotten how enjoyable it was, because she was thinking too much about not wanting to fall in love.

Thinking about it now, led her to moving her mouth to his.

 

This time, the kiss wasn't a small and gentle kiss. Anonym had let her lust come out and felt overjoyed in knowing that it was still something she would like to do again. Moving herself to be directly on top of him, she took the initiative to deepen the kiss. Feeling her senses go spiralling out of control because of his taste, smell and touch, she couldn't help but continue, even though she was running out of breath!

Switch, on the other hand, was melting away to a point that he remembered how young this body was. There was nothing he could do but pull away from her breathlessly and sigh. "I didn't think...You'd kiss me like that...But."

Anonym wanted to continue, but was pulled back again, Switch becoming more serious, "I already let you drink when you aren't supposed to. I won't go further with you until your body is older!"

Stunned, Anonym only just remembered that she appeared to be only as a twelve-year-old girl...She'd totally forgotten!

She thought about the normal age that girls would get married and sighed. She still had a couple of years, did he really want to wait that long! She could feel his desire below her, and wondered if it would drive him crazy to wait!?

Frustrated, she looked at him and shook her head.

Switch smiled and put his hand on her face again, then kissed her on the forehead. He had been absolutely smitten before, and it had taken him quite a lot of effort to pull back. Knowing that this body was too young, gave him enough strength to stop. That was just one thing he definitely wasn't going to do...

Now, he remembered why he had kissed her in the first place, having also forgotten because of her sweet taste. It was because she had called him an assistant. Not knowing how it was going to turn out, he prided himself on having her forget such things. Didn't that mean that she wasn't thinking about anything else except him and the kiss they shared?

Feeling like he had gained control of a weakness, he clicked his fingers and a new set of clothes and cloth came into his hands. Putting the clothes down, he put the cloth around her head and dried her hair.

While Switch checked on Presley, Anonym got changed into the dry clothes that he had left for her.

Upon his return, he clicked his fingers again. A bed appeared close by. Picking her up, he laid her on the bed, and he laid down beside her, "Sleep."

He heard a humph, but she didn't leave his arms. He wanted to tell the world that he could possibly tame this little runt! He felt like he had won some kind of victory!

 

***

 

The next morning, Switch woke up first, after awhile of watching the girl beside him sleep, he slipped away and went to Presley.

"Presley!" He yelled, happily.

"Switch?"

"Yeah, we have something to do today!" Switch clicked his fingers and the lovely, sparkling treasures disappeared.

"Hey!"

Laughing, Switch looked at his best friend. "Want to show off in front of Anonym?"

Presley took a moment, then lost his anger to happiness. "Really!?"

Switch nodded, "She wants us to sort out a problem of people possibly coming after her because she killed the Emperor."

Presley nodded, he clearly didn't totally understand, but waited for Switch to continue.

"So, she wants to see some action. Want to join me?"

Presley nodded his head with great enthusiasm, looking quite funny, as it was a dragon. He hadn't been able to do anything big since coming to this planet. He hadn’t complained though, because this was the first time since meeting Switch that he was able to have so much treasure! The best thing he has done, besides be with his treasure, was ride with Anonym and scare all those people!

This dragon was ready to team up once again with Switch and show off to Anonym!

Suddenly, Switch sighed, "I'm just worried it might be too much destruction...And too quick, since Anonym is still asleep we'll have to discuss this further."

 

It really was a predicament for Switch, he could totally destroy the whole of the Rain Clan and even make it unliveable for thousands of years! But with that idea, he thought it would be too much of an overkill and not enough of a good impression on Anonym. Having seen it first hand, on his own planet, he had also seen the way the world had sort of gone backward because of it as well. People became extremely scared of him and quite a lot of the population had been in that explosion, making people have to find new people to become the Magic officers and Elders.

Remembering his past, he had hated that his secret of being the most powerful person being leaked out, and that they had all come after him. For years, he had told them to stay away from him, but they never listened and even trapped him enough to scar his face...He had gotten very angry and just exploded the capital, without a moment's thought. If they had just stayed away, they might even still be alive today...But he had no regrets. They had taken enough from him and Presley! Studies, stealing Presley, using Presley, using his new friend...He would do the explosion all over again!

...

Presley only thought of one idea, and that was that he and Anonym could fly around and cause havoc from the sky.

Switch had nodded, coming back to the present. He said that it was a promising idea and remembered that there were things, that he could materialize, that would blow up on impact. Maybe she could throw them down?

If the Rain Clan were to hear these thoughts and ideas...

4