Chapter 11 ** Embrace **
111 0 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Ah, Your Majesty, I believe the little girl has taken a shock, she only says three things now.”

The Emperor of Parched Badlands quizzically looks at this official and after a moment, asks, “What is it that she says?”

The official bit his lip, then said, “I am Anonym, I am powerful, I will do as you ask!”

Finding nothing wrong with this, the Emperor laughs before nodding, “I will announce it to the world shortly, continue to watch her well!”

Bowing to the Emperor, the official nodded and paid his respects, before he left. He, being the brother in law to the missing Imperial Concubine Dawn, knew that this must be a set up…He knew what this little girl was like, he wanted the Emperor to take proper precautions but his reaction had been otherwise.

Since the little girl had arrived in the city, she had made no attempt of escape and happily did what she was told. Not that they have told her to do much as of yet, but he still felt that something was not right. The way that the little girl doesn't know how to do simple things and that small things seem to amaze her...

The official could only double the guards around Anonym and continue to watch her himself.

 

 

Switch roamed the Barren Clan, hearing that Anonym had indeed come here. He was going to go into the palace again tonight to search for her. Upon the previous times he had searched, he hadn’t found anything that even would lead the way to where she would be. Even going eavesdropping upon the Emperor for a couple of hours, hadn’t given him any answers…

Wanting to charge right in and demand where she was, he wondered why he hadn’t done it. Feeling like he had lost something that he had previously changed his mind to, he sighed. Before meeting Anonym, he had always tried to hide everything about himself, it became such a natural thing for him to do. Looking emotionlessly at the palace, he didn’t seem to have the confidence to do what Anonym did. Why was that?

Was it because of the past? But hadn’t he already decided that it didn’t matter anymore? Didn’t he feel better not worrying about doing whatever he wanted? Didn’t he want to show off his power?

Suddenly, a strange feeling overwhelmed him as he remembered Anonym. That’s right…My girl is there somewhere! Regardless of what I must do! Tonight, I’ll find her!

 

The sun travelled over the sky and as it started to set, a loud lot of noise came from the palace in a place that was in view for the townspeople to see it from.

Switch sat on a house roof and looked far away to the gate, that y0u could see through, to see a figure stand a few metres away from it.

“Greetings to the people of the Barren Clan, our Emperor would like to tell you some very special news!”

Standing up, upon hearing these words, Switch got closer by teleporting on top of another roof that was closer.

People were whispering and gathering in front of the see through, closed gates to the palace.

The person continued, “We would like to share the news today, by telling you that we have the powerful person the makes the earth tremble! She is a young lady of thirteen and we would like to see offers of young man to come and seek this young lady’s hand in marriage!”

Switch blinked his wide eyes…

He felt his blood start to grow hot…

Walking out into view, two guards brought out a girl that looked very much like Anonym! Switch went to tap his staff to teleport himself…But was stopped.

“Pretty cool uh?”

Looking to his side, he stared in complete shock. “Anonym…”

“Mmm.” Anonym looked at his different attire in interest.

He made his eyes look upon her body, to make sure she was okay, then they reverted back to her eyes. “Anonym.”

“Mmm.” Anonym smiled mischievously at Switch. She put a hand out to his face and removed his mask, throwing it off the roof.

But he didn’t care, she was there, she was smiling, she was alright! “Anonym!”

“What!?”

Finally, he remembered the other Anonym and looked up, feeling very baffled. “What…”

Anonym removed her other hand from the staff and looked out to the palace, “Chains.”

Switch’s mouth twitched…Was he supposed to know everything with that one word…

“That Anonym, is nothing but chains.” Anonym smiled innocently, “I mastered Shapeshifting!”

 

Here he was baffled, excited, confused, happy…And she was excited about mastering an art…

Switch looked away, thinking himself pathetic. He had worried so much for nothing!

Anger boiled his blood and he clenched his hand around his staff…Then felt her hands around his waist. Stopping everything!

Letting out a breath, he looked at her, who had by herself leaned in against him. Making his staff disappear, Switch found himself unable to say a word of anger. He had been so worried…

“Did you miss me!?” Anonym said, feeling his arms go around her.

Switch really didn’t want to tell her at all! “Humph!”

“I see.” Anonym went to pull away but Switch held her tighter.

No more words were said between them as they embraced, but other words were heard. A spectacle was going on about eligible bachelors that wanted to take this powerful person and become special to the Emperor of Parched Badlands.

Switch let out an annoyed breath, “What are you going to do about this?”

Anonym looked up at him, not even thinking about her 'chain' twin, but more about something else. She raised her eyebrows and smiled. Suddenly, she turned into a beautiful woman, who was taller and looked much more like a woman.

She now was only slightly looking up at him and she said, “Why do you think I cultivated Shapeshifting?”

 

Anonym looked at Switch with unflinching eyes and put her hand up to his face, trailing a finger down his scar.

Like hell she would wait that long! She had on purposely cultivated from the first part of the art of Shapeshifting, to mastering it.

Sadly, it had taken so much time and she hadn’t cultivated anything else. Once she had woken up from the party and found herself alone, she figured that it was as good as time as any to start it. She had previously only learnt to do animals and to get that far is quite a lot of work. You have to initially have seen the animals in person and would be much faster to shapeshift into that animal if they were right in front of you. But, Anonym didn’t have that, she just had her memory…

What she had to learn was to shapeshift into other people, then make other objects into something else. Since she has been in several thousand bodies, it wasn’t terribly bad, but it still took a lot of work and time. All this, had taken her ten months to accomplish, even with her Proficiency and Power as high as it was.

The reason why she had been captured was because she had been continuously cultivating, then, fallen asleep a day beforehand. She had never heard any of the noises that had occurred and by the time she had woken up, she had already been knocked over by a heavy boulder, that had injured her.

Once she had used the art of Rejuvenation to heal herself, she had made the chains turn into her, then purposely made it learn a few words, before she turned herself into chains. After they had taken her ‘twin’, releasing her from the chains, she only had to wait a minute before shapeshifting and then leaving herself.

That was all there was too it.

 

Switch was totally captivated by this beauty before him. She had beautiful flowing hair that wasn’t straight like her normal body. It had waves that flowed nicely in the slight wind. Then she had a beautiful light blue dress that seemed only appropriate for a princess. It didn’t go straight to the ground, instead flowed out in waves, much like her hair. The dress continued to look even better the higher he looked. There was a bow on the side that wasn’t too big, nor too small and her breast area came across as enchanting, not at all like one asking for attention, like ladies in a brothel.

She looked like a present that he wanted to unwrap! Her shoulders were bare, as her dress went to her higher arms and sleeves that flowed half way down her arms, fluttering out again in waves. Switch swallowed his saliva, as he then looked at her face.

Totally captivated!

Her eyes were the same, they had the excitement and light he had remembered and missed. Her face was older and mature and making him put his hand to it, to feel it under his palm.

Her lips…They…They had such a charm that he couldn’t help himself.

 

Anonym was pleased, she had really worked hard for this!

Finally feeling his lips connect to hers, the world outside became nothing. Her senses only became full of him, as she put her hands up around his neck. She could feel his arms tighten around her and pull her into him. He pulled her head further back and they deepened the kiss with their tongues.

Letting out a whimper, Anonym tried to push herself into him more.

Switch pulled back, both of them were breathing heavily, with eyes full of desire.

Forgetting about the situation at the palace, Switch pulled out his staff and teleported with Anonym to the cave Presley had vacated to.

Clicking for a bed and closing themselves inside an area, Switch turned towards Anonym. Her hands already going around his neck, she leaned forward to kiss him again.

Undoubtingly, from not seeing each other for so long and knowing the deep attraction between them, there wasn't places that weren't touched and savoured. Being in another body didn’t hinder either of them, Anonym had bluntly told him that this was a previous body that she has had, so she didn’t think it was a problem.

Anonym thought that Switch was just as handsome as she was, he wasn’t filled with muscles but his body was still hard and firm. What she liked the best was how he held her. She felt immensely special when he wouldn’t let her go, like when he would be fast asleep and yet, still holding her.

And Switch, well plainly put, he couldn’t get enough of her, yet, she was the one with more stamina and he’d end up falling asleep before she would, due to exhaustion!

They lost themselves to each other and a few days went by, before they excited that part of the cave…

 

***

 

Anonym had left the room first, she had felt absolutely refreshed and satisfied! Walking down the tunnel, she finally saw Presley and said, "Presley!"

After a short silence, a loud voice came, "Anonym!?"

"Mmm." He was quite the dragon! She had not reverted to look like the thirteen-year-old…Yet, he knew who she was…

Anonym crawled on top of the dragon and laid on him, like she owned him. "Did ya miss me?"

"I was worried! Switch was going crazy! You know he even hugged me?"

Anonym raised her eye brows, continuing to look at the roof, "Hugged you?"

"Yeah, he always used to freak out when I went missing or stolen from him. I guess he was glad to see me!" Presley was honest with his words, not having noticed the slight jealousy in her question.

Anonym breathed in and out, before asking, "How many times did you go missing or stolen?"

Presley played with one of his treasures while answering, "I was only stolen once, I was a dummy, fell into a trap! But I went missing twice. They always told me something about Switch being in trouble and I wanted to go save him!"

Anonym started to understand a little more about Presley then, he really was an innocent little thing. The way he cared about Switch was quite unique...

"Do dragons often hang around people?" She asked.

"No! In Bracabra they were all nasty! I guess I...Was the most gullible and stupidest dragon of them all..."

Anonym felt uneasy, she could see how he could have gotten into trouble. "Don't worry about it."

Presley stopped playing with his treasure, "I'm not worried!"

Anonym smiled, "Of course, you are a dragon!"

"Right! I'm a dragon!"

Anonym wanted to laugh, but didn't, "Presley, you are the coolest dragon I know!"

"Really?"

Anonym tried not to smile, "Yes! Your awesome!"

Presley breathed in, "Yes...I'm awesome! I'm cool!"

Sighing, Anonym feel quiet. This dragon was an idiot indeed, he was the only dragon she’s met, of course he was going to be the 'coolest' one she knew!

Stating that fact, Anonym fell into her thoughts on why Switch liked this dragon so much. What was it?

...

"Presley?"

"Anonym!"

His cheery voice startled her. "Tell me, why has Switch become so close to you?"

Presley mumbled, then turned, making her have to move as well, secretly making her mad at him. "Well, I guess he was lonely. He rarely talked when we first met. He didn't smile, he didn't laugh. I guess I kept nagging him...And nagging him..."

Anonym interrupted, "Okay, okay I get it. You nagged him."

"Yes!"

Sighing again, Anonym fell into silence once more. She guessed that reincarnating all those times had gotten to him in a separate way…

Unknown to her, Switch had come about a minute beforehand and heard. He wasn't sure how to proceed, as he stayed hidden around the corner. It was nice that she was interested in him...But he didn't want her to feel bad. He'd obviously done what she hadn't done in a less amount of time, and he didn't want her to grow apart from him.

Continuing to watch her, he decided to not let her know he was there. Secretly, he was really happy…She hadn't expressed very much interest previously, in wanting to know about his past. And, there was no way he would say anything unless she had asked beforehand. What did she really want to know?

Anonym, to Switch's surprise, didn't continue with any conversation but just laid there, on Presley's side now, and continued to think.

 

When she got off Presley, Anonym gave a funny shake of the head. She had read upon the mythical dragon and knew they had liked treasure, but never thought it would be something real. Presley seemed unmoveable while the treasures were there and it dawned on her that it was indeed, true...But how had it become known like that in the first place?

Had there been a dragon known like that a long time ago? What was the coincidence that the person, who had written it, had been right about dragon’s loving treasure?

Anonym hadn't quite left the big place Presley was in yet, before she suddenly stopped. Her expression became unreadable but showed it wasn't very good.

That old man...Did he know about dragons beforehand? Or...Did someone come from a place with dragons and then wrote books about them?

Was there...More to this?

It was a strange, new feeling that Anonym had...She felt like all these things had happened once before!

Could it be possible?

Standing in his position, Switch watched her, he could see that her mood was getting worse and worse!

"Anonym?" He couldn't help it, he showed himself, as he didn't want her to be angry!

She looked up at him, but some kind of thought was still written on her face. He desperately wanted to know what it was!

"Anonym?"

Finally, she responded, "Mmm."

He took her into his embrace, and said, "Are you ok?"

Anonym couldn't help it, she was still thinking about the possibility that this has all happened before!

Switch started to worry, but didn't interrupt her, he knew that she could be swept up by thoughts, so he waited impatiently.

"I feel like...This has happened before."

Her words didn't make sense, "I don't understand."

All she said was, "That old man."

Switch breathed in, a little worried. What about that old man?

 

Anonym told Switch that she wanted to go out alone for a bit, as she couldn't get this idea out of her head.

What was going on? Even since feeling and thinking of the idea, it kept nagging and niggling at her.

Even if it had happened before...What does it matter?

She knew that her body was mortal and could be killed. She had soul scribed her soul to unlock her memories…But was there yet another lock that she hadn’t seen?

For a short time, she wondered what she could use to see if that was correct and attempted to soul scribe on her soul again.

Suddenly, memories invaded her. They hurt so much that she dropped to the ground, a good hundred metres from the cave, and became motionless. But...Inside her mind...Waves, upon waves of more memories washed over her. It was an explosion upon her mind, that hurt tremendously!

Her brain also had trouble taking in all this additional information and also caused her to tremble with a faint stroke. Even some blood escaped from her mouth as her eyes rolled backwards behind her closed eyelids...

A memory stood out from among the rest...

She was in space, surrounded by blackness all around. So much black it would make one feel very lonely. Scattered auras were mixed into this blackness, but they weren’t complete.

Then, that old man came into her vision, shaking his head at her, “Perhaps, you need more time, my child. You are not strong enough!”

After the memory fades for a moment, she can see it again…

A planet was formed in front of her eyes and that planet…Was Roneglaise. The old man had put his hand out towards her soul then, and her memory went blank again…Until she had been reborn!

It was the life she had when she had cultivated the art of Reincarnation, where her name was originally, Anonym…

 

***

 

Switch couldn't help but worry about Anonym. He kept saying, what's there to worry about, but it didn't stop him. After six hours, he walked towards the entrance of the cave and found nothing. Sitting down, he continued to wait for the return of his girl.

 

 

Twelve hours after Anonym had fallen to the ground, she woke up. It may have looked like she had a nice, normal, good sleep…But she didn't.

Standing, she felt a tear go down her face and she clenched her fist. So long! So very long, she had done this!

She had indeed done this before! From the last planet...She had been remade back to scratch! She had to learn and do everything all over again! What she had known previously, had all been locked inside her! What she had unlocked earlier was because of the art of Reincarnation. She hadn’t thought that there had been anything else…

Wiping her tear away, she just stood there. No wonder! No wonder I'm like this! I can kill lives so easily, yet not care!

Shaking her head viciously, she needed to think. If this was her fate, she was going to change it!

Turning into an eagle, she flew away from any kind of population and found a vacant spot, to figure out what was going on.

Her arts under the talents had changed again, because of her being able to remember more. She also had no idea, but one, on what she was going to do...And that was, this time it won't happen again!

Anonym wasn't completely destroyed last time, this time...She'll either get that old man...Or completely destroy herself!

How could he think that I could tolerate to do all this! Oh! I’ll do as you say old man!

Igniting her fury, she let her anger lash out. I will win! I will get my revenge! I hate you old man! I hate you! I want to destroy you! No, I want to make you forget who you are, have no power and be continuously reincarnated for eternity!

 

By the time she stopped, the area around her was noticeably different. Trees had been broken to fall over, leaves were scattered everywhere, there was a hole a few metres wide and pieces of rock were in random places, that used to be part of big rock.

Anonym, feeling a little better, wasn't going to cry! Instead, she started to laugh. Her laughter was full of sorrow that slowly started to turn into a murderous rage. As she continued to laugh, the sorrow dissipated and a more malicious laughter was formed. Her talents now, were better than they were before, she didn't need much time now before she could go and search for this old man.

Finally starting to calm down, she painfully went through her memories to find her flaws. She had to succeed! She will be stronger!

Straight away, she saw a 'flaw'. It was her personality. The first time she had done this, she had been a lot more caring. Having mastered the art of Healing at least two or three times, she frowned. No wonder she couldn't defeat the old man! She had been a weak, emotional, sympathetic, sentimental fool!

Malicious laughter filled the area once again...Old man!

"I'm going to kick your ass! You bastard!"

 

***

 

Because Anonym left, the proceedings that the Barren Clan had continued. The set of chains, that she had transformed, ended up getting married to gain the Emperor more power.

Funnily enough, the words that these chains said continued and everyone finally started to feel that something was strange about this girl. They had finally realized that she hadn't done anything to prove that she is this 'powerful person'. Having been so worried that she would go against them, they had totally forgotten about it...

It was a month after the wedding, that suddenly, she disappeared and all they could find...Were chains on the floor. These chains had the name of the husband they had married, making them believe that they had just been bested by this ‘powerful person’ this whole time! A huge ruckus befell on the Barren Clan and the Emperor issued a degree to kill this girl and to bring her lifeless body before him!

 

Switch was completely worried about Anonym. He had waited for her to return for a week, before he started to feel like she wasn't going to come back. Unwillingly, he started to think that she had left him. He just couldn't understand why.

Not knowing what to do, he and Presley stayed for another two weeks, before Switch decided to go back to the Rain Clan.

Upon returning to the Rain Clan, Switch found Mark and didn't know how to answer his questions about the 'Great Master Belwin'.

The 'Crowned Prince' had returned and Switch told him to become the Emperor. But all this had been too much for Switch. For some strange reason, he thought if he had come here, she might be here...But she hadn't been here.

Leaving both Mark and the new Emperor of the Rain Clan, he and Presley went to their cave, made quite some time ago with Anonym, and stayed there.

Presley saw that Switch wasn't himself and was unsure how to talk to him. He did what he normally did on this planet and looked after his treasures…

Switch was so angry he wanted to leave the planet, but he didn't. Then he was sad because she had left him...He didn't leave the cave for quite some time...

 

 

Anonym...Didn't think of much else, except for getting stronger. Obviously, last time, she hadn't been strong enough! She had to be stronger!

She completed a few talents, she cultivated more on her personal cultivation but...Throughout this time, she felt like she was missing something.

Denying this missing feeling, didn't work, forgetting the feeling, didn't work...Instead, she just let it gnaw at her. She let herself get more and more angry. Using that anger to strive for more strength...

That old man could create a planet, he could create me, he could make me forget a past experience...

Anonym could see no end to this old man's capabilities, yet, what else could she do, but strive to be stronger?

 

***

5