Chapter 14 ** Pets **
81 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Anonym had woken up after a few hours, to tend to Alex, realising that Switch had already gone. After Alex was happy again, she found that she had indeed been put in a spot that was closed off and was a little upset that she couldn’t go out and see this magical world.

She really was quite curious what was outside, but instead, she decided to find an answer to her question on if she would be able to cultivate on another planet.

Letting Alex play with a wooden sword, that she had made, she got a magical stone and started to cultivate Power, by stealing the power within it.

An hour later, Anonym opened her eyes and looked down at the stone, that had now lost its vibrant shiny colour.

It had worked!

Feeling happy to know that she could at least cultivate one thing, Anonym wanted to see if she could do others!

Putting on her high valued pressure cuffs, from amongst her treasures, she looked around the cave to find the best place to hit…

The entrance seemed like the best place!

Honestly, she wasn’t really certain if they had even left Roneglaise, because nothing had changed so far…

Even though Anonym had found what she wanted to do, it wasn’t long before Alex wanted her again and Switch had returned.

Switch had seen the state of the entrance and frowned. It was clear that Anonym seemed to be getting much stronger! He didn’t even have to use magic to get into the cave, as the hole she had punched through could fit him in, only making him duck slightly.

Seeing his family, his expressionless face disappeared, to show a smile.

His woman was now an animal that was climbing all over his son, making his son giggle happily.

Not being noticed, Switch continued to watch as a small panther ran away and Alex tried to follow it, trying to catch its tail!

It really was adorable!

Silently, he made a table and chair appear and he sat down to eat, while watching the show of his beloved family being happy.

 

***

 

A day passed and Anonym started to ponder more and more about what was outside of the cave. Upon that night, she didn’t want to sleep after Switch and her had sweated with their naked bodies together, instead she asked him about his planet.

Switch, his hand holding her to him and his other hand under his head, looked up at the roof. “What do you want to know?”

Feeling his unhappiness, Anonym frowned and went silent.

Seeing her like this, he looked at her and said, “I’ll tell you anything, just ask.”

“But it makes you sad.” She said.

Chuckling, he kissed her forehead, “It doesn’t matter, it’s the past anyway. Right now, in the present, I’m very happy.”

Looking up at Switch, Anonym smiled, “Tell me about the dragons!”

Switch was actually happy with this topic, “Presley is a bronze dragon, they aren’t normally as friendly as him, but the Bronze Dragons of Zenco had kept to themselves since being attacked by the Red Dragons of Rotar. There are also the Green Dragons of Bolknar who have been known to speak with the humans on the occasion, but their enemies didn’t become the other dragons, but human’s themselves. So, the green dragons went off and resided quite a distance now from the humans. There used to be azure dragons, but they had become extinct quite some time ago. The black dragons of Enoor are the most vicious. If someone were to go into their territory, they would definitely kill them! That’s why, for miles, there is two places on the planet that don’t have any civilisation.”

“So, there’s two black dragons?” Anonym asked, excited.

“No, there’s more than two, but only two places that have them. As you see, Presley isn’t an adult yet, but his age, compared to a human, is quite old. They don’t reproduce very often at all.” Switch said.

Anonym wanted to see one! “Can you take me to see one!?”

“Are you joking! They aren’t like Presley, Anonym, they will kill you!” Switch angrily responded.

Anonym looked back at him frowning, “I’m not joking! I want to see one!”

Seeing her so determined, he sighed in frustration, then said, “I’ve seen one. I was lucky to get away.”

“What happened!?” She asked, excited again.

 

“I had been with Presley a few months by then, and we came across a witch who had wanted to take him. But since she couldn’t take him, she found herself another one, a young red dragon. She came to us afterwards and wanted to fight, but we really hadn’t any time for that, as magic officers had started to come after me. We were chased to the outskirts of one of the black dragon’s territory and one of them came.”

Remembering the past, Switch frowned. It was still quite early days then, and this witch had slowly even become a friend…But she was also the one that had gone against him, betraying both himself and Presley. She was the reason that he had the scar on his face!

Anonym saw that he had stopped talking, and said, “What did the black dragon do?”

Breathing in and out, to come back to the present, Switch continued, “I didn’t attempt to save any of the magic officers, I saved both dragons and the witch and I.”

“You saved her?” Anonym didn’t like that! “Why?”

“She was still young, she didn’t really know what she was doing. Her mother had disappeared and only had a vengeance filled brother. Later, she found out why he was like that and that was when she really did choice the path of being nasty. But, at the time of the black dragon, she still had a choice.”

“You’re really kind-hearted, Switch.” Anonym said frowning.

Switch lifted his eyebrows and looked at her, showing a small smile, he continued, “I’m not entirely kind hearted, I just know what it’s like to go down the wrong path.”

These words reminded Anonym of when she had been so angry that she hadn’t mastered the art of Soul Scribing…

“Mmm.” She hummed, but she didn’t totally agree, “But, I don’t think it’s completely the wrong path. Sometimes, it just can’t be helped…”

Anonym had no remorse or guilt to that life, she was even glad that she had lived it!

Indeed, Switch thought, they shared that. He had also had a very vengeful past, unknown to him it was much like that of Anonym’s past vengeful self. They had both spent a life or two of not caring at all about anything, and this is what they shared.

Being the first to get over her thoughts, Anonym climbed up on top of him and said, “So, the dragon killed all the magic officers?”

Placing some of her hair behind her ear, Switch nodded, “Yeah, I then took everyone away and came back. The dragon’s territory seemed to have grown, I’m guessing it was because they had a new little dragon. So, I placed a warning for the future, but the dragon found me. I teleported towards their den and placed treasure there, but it didn’t help me at all. I should have known then that they were more protective because of a young dragon at that moment, but I didn’t think of it until afterwards...Because I had gone so close to their den, I had another dragon come after me and I had to make sure that they didn’t go towards where I had placed Presley and the others, so I teleported away from that area. But it hadn’t worked, since I had totally disappeared, they ended up going after Presley instead, so I had to detour them away, but this time I didn’t totally disappear because I didn’t want them to turn back. It was quite scary because they would speed up momentarily before attacking and their teamwork is immaculate! The other dragon would go out of your sight, to appear close by and use their fire breath upon you. If I didn’t need to stay in their range to keep them away from Presley and the others, I wouldn’t have done that at all! It was probably the scariest thing I’ve done in any of my life’s!”

Anonym couldn’t help it, she was smiling, “Wow, they sound great! I want one!”

Switch stared at her like she was absolutely insane!

Feeling so excited, she moved on top of him, then bent down to kiss him.

Any thoughts were dismissed in Switch’s mind as the kiss deepened, and through that, so did his desire for her.

 

***

 

Nothing stopped Anonym after that night, she told Switch that if he wasn’t going to let her out and show her himself, she was going to make it happen on her own!

He had no choice…

There were now Presley and Alex in a room, left alone. Presley was happy that he had someone to play with!

Anonym had put two different kinds of stashes in two different places and had pointed to them in front of Alex, “Hungry. Play.”

Indeed, one pile was food, the other was toys.

Before Switch and Anonym had teleported out of the tightly closed cave, Anonym laughed at what her son had done.

He had initially went straight for the food, but then after grabbing some food, he went to play.

“That little man is going to be able to cultivate two things at once! Haha!”

 

Switch and Anonym appeared before an area, that seemed more barren than anywhere else. Black was seen mostly on the ground before them and behind them, not too far away, was fresh green grass…

Anonym took it all in and asked for her sword. Fire breath, sudden increase of speed on attack, team work…

Unwillingly, Switch gave her the brilliant black sword in its scabbard and watched her start to walk into the dragon’s territory. Wouldn’t she be better to think about this first?

Not at all looking worried, she walked at a normal pace, sword still in the scabbard, now tied to her waist.

After they had walked into the territory for a full minute, a loud, angry roar was heard and Anonym smiled devilishly.

Switch was getting anxious, yet, Anonym was getting more excited…

He shook his head but continued to follow, he didn’t particularly want to be here but he would never leave without his woman.

Another piercing roar followed, and wind started to pick up from where they were walking.

Then, Anonym stopped, as a black dragon flew towards them!

 

Watching her prey, Anonym forgot about Switch and started walking faster towards this dragon.

It really was a sight indeed, the dragon was at least four times bigger then Presley, maybe five. Its wings stretched out so far that the length of them together was just as big as how long the dragon actually was. The even louder roar now, was enough to hurt her ears, but it didn’t stop Anonym, who had now begun to run towards this dragon!

“Anonym!” Switch yelled. She’s insane!

Not replying to Switch, Anonym noticed that the dragon stopped flying and pulled its head back. Anonym continued to run until the dragon’s head came back towards the ground, then she punched the ground quickly, but very hard and at an angle. Instantly the ground formed into some kind of earth shield for her, as the flames started to be released from the dragon’s mouth.

Switch watched with wide, scared eyes.

Anonym wasn’t idle, she turned into mole and burrowed under the freshly hit ground.

Once the dragon stopped its flame breath, it flew directly towards the ground that had supplied Anonym with an earth shield, that was now totally black and nearly disintegrated.

What seemed like the dragon didn’t understand was, he was sure that the intruder didn’t die…But then, where were they!?

 

Anonym had already left the ground, and flew straight towards the eyes of the dragon from behind him. Not showing any restraint or fear, she dived with her eagle claws and swiped viciously at the eye, before flying to the back of the dragon.

The roar that the dragon let out then was louder and more aggressive, it gave another short, whiny roar afterwards as it tried to get its bearings from losing the sight of an eye.

Anonym had flown around, thinking to get the dragon’s other eye, when she heard yet another roar but from a different direction.

Switch was absolutely scared, but he could see that Anonym was doing okay. After hearing a second dragon, he teleported to the first dragon’s head and yelled, “Anonym!”

Anonym flew to him and became human, her smile was fantastic and her face was totally lit up! “Ah, they are great! Full of malice, I like it!”

The dragon, feeling them on top of his back, rushed to go high into the sky and start to turn his body around. But Switch could teleport and Anonym became an eagle, making its efforts go to waste.

When the dragon found that they had left his back, Anonym appeared there once again. Making it do the same process, yet still unable to shake her off!

The other black dragon could be seen now and it let out a vicious roar as it soared around, looking like it was determining its best plan of action.

But, their team work was being hindered by the little strange being that kept getting onto the first dragon’s back!

What was she doing!? Switch, even seeing her so excited, he couldn’t let things go! But what was he to do!?

Anonym didn’t mean to be a pest to this first dragon, but she had come up with an idea. The problem was…It took some moments to put together and use!

Getting out her sword, she plunged it into the dragon and then watched as it reflexed backwards in pain.

Looking to see the other dragon, she took a small chance to let down her guard for the moment.

The second dragon saw Anonym sit there and raced towards her, the speed of the dragon growing when it was about fifty metres away.

In that small moment, as the dragon plummeted towards her in great speed, Anonym shapeshifted.

Big, huge claws came out, falling to the ground, trapping the first dragon beneath them. Wings stretched out to cover at least two hundred metres!

Then, this new, huge dragon let out a god defying, loud, piercing roar that shook the earth for miles and miles.

The second dragon fell the rest of the way to the ground and didn’t attempt to get up, instead it let out low whines.

Looking down at her new pets, Anonym let out another roar in happiness, which also shook the earth.

 

Switch had stopped breathing upon seeing the huge dragon, that was about thirty times as big as the other two black dragons. He couldn’t believe it!

There were no words, no sounds, just a mouth that gaped open in total, utter shock!

He watched as this huge dragon lifted its claw and let the other dragon go, both dragons stayed on the ground, heads bowed down in mercy.

Letting out a low roar at them, they whined back in grievance.

Seeing this, Switch began to laugh hysterically. He couldn’t help it, he had been so scared, then so surprised that he let it out in his laughter.

Anonym looked at him, with her dragon eyes, confused. Then she turned back to human, still standing right before the two dragons.

They knew though, they weren’t stupid, this being was their master…They weren’t going to do anything stupid!

Turning back to the first dragon, she walked towards it. It whined but didn’t move, letting her go onto it’s back to get her sword.

After she got her sword, she healed the wound and then healed its eye.

Both dragons whined again, still on the ground.

She put her sword in her scabbard and waved her hand at them. “Go.”

They immediately got up and flew to their den, going out of sight within moments.

Walking back to Switch she smiled, “Like my new pets?”

Pe…Pets!?

 

“Meet me here in a day, go back to check on Alex.” Anonym said, then turned around and started to walk towards the den, that couldn’t even be seen from this distance.

“Wait!” Switch ran up to her and took her into his arms, even though her back was still to him, “Hang on! What are you going to do!?”

“This will be our new home!” She said, cheerfully. “You said that you can’t check Alex’s magic yet, so at least here, we’ll be safe. And I can go flying around with my new pets!”

She already knew what she wanted to do now! It really was so exciting just thinking about it!

“You...Want to have Alex…Near a black dragon?” Switch let her go and tried very hard to contain his composure. This was a very bad idea!

“That’s why I’m going first, I’ll make sure they know who’s the master!” Anonym stated bluntly, as she turned to him.

“No!” Switch declared. That would be stupid!

“Why not!?” Anonym asked.

Switch stood there silently, holding his staff, looking very sullen.

Anonym walked up to him but he didn’t look at her, making her feel a little uneasy, “What’s wrong?”

“I’ll come back in a day, but Alex and I will not live in a den full of black dragons!” Then he disappeared.

Anonym stood there for a moment. She honestly wasn’t sure what just happened…Did he not believe her?

Being by herself, in that kind of state, made her feel…A bit lonely.

Maybe…She should forget about it?

...And abandon her new pets? How cruel!

Switch had told her that being outside could be dangerous, but he still didn’t think that it would be safer with the Black Dragons of Enoor?

Unable to know exactly of all the dangers, because Switch hadn’t been specific, she didn’t really know what to keep an eye on. Perhaps this place is more dangerous than Roneglaise...

Thinking about his eyes not meeting hers and the look of determination on his face, Anonym sighed. For now, she will accept what he said. But, it did irritate her that he didn’t believe that she had already tamed at least those two black dragons…And, it would be easy to tame the rest…

Not liking that she had to think things through seriously, she was now a little bit pissed off!

Now, she didn’t even want to see the black dragons!

With Switch gone, she was also lost…What was she to do!?

Her confusion on the matter made her a little unhappy and she had no idea how to fix it!

 

***

 

Switch spent near twenty hours, really agitated!

He came back to watch his son play, eat and sleep…But, he still couldn’t believe Anonym wanting to put them in the mist of the deadliest creatures on this planet! It was ludicrous!

Doing as they had done the day before, by giving Alex a stash of food and a stash of toys, he disappeared from the cave.

When he reached the edge of the territory of the Black Dragons of Enoor, he didn’t find Anonym.

Sighing, he wondered how long he’d have to wait…

Two hours passed by, making Switch worried…Could something…Have happened?

Feeling a little worried, he told himself to be calm because she always knew how to handle herself…

But, as another hour went by, Switch was no longer calm, she knew to be here…Didn’t she?

Suddenly remembering that she doesn’t know this world at all, he started to wonder…Did she go exploring?

Letting out a small laugh, he felt like he’d found the answer. That would be something that she would do…

Suddenly he was hit by a fire ball, making him turn and tap his staff on the ground.

It was…Magic officers…

Feeling anger flow through him, as well as pain from his arm, he glared at the twenty or so magic officers that were all looking at him.

“Who are you!?” They yelled at him, still quite a distance away from Switch.

It had been twenty years since he had disappeared, Switch hoped that they wouldn’t recognise him.

“He looks familiar…” One of them said.

Sighing in frustration, Switch looked around for Anonym. If he could find her, then he could leave!

“We are searching for a young lady of about fifteen years of age, have you seen her? She tends to…Change…”

The officer that said this, watched Switch very carefully, for any kind of hint that this person may be the young lady. But, what he saw was…Switch’s eyes flashing with rage!

Switch tapped the ground again, with his staff, and walked over to them, trying to calm himself down!

 

“Where is she!?” He yelled at them.

All the officers were being pushed towards the ground and they couldn’t get up, only making them groan in unhappiness with their failed attempts.

“Tell me! Why are you after her!?” Switch yelled.

Finally, they looked up to see the scar on the man’s face, giving one of them the chance to remember why he had looked familiar, “Look, the scar, it’s…It’s him! It’s Switch!”

The officers all looked at Switch scared, they knew what he had done, his name had been everywhere for ten years!

Switch was losing his patience, he didn’t care if they knew who he was now, all he cared about was finding Anonym! “Tell me, why are you after her!?”

One of the officers cried out to let them go, another profusely apologised.

He didn’t have time for this!

Looking down at the men, while clenching his fist, his eyes showed his rage. This look on Switch had not been seen for many, many years…

“If you don’t speak and tell me why you are after her…I will kill you!”

“Oh, please…We didn’t mean anything, we just have orders to capture her! She’s very special, that…That was all that was said.”

Closing his eyes, he should have known something like this would happen! He felt himself stupid for not tying her up and making sure that she never left that cave!

“Dammit!”

In his rage, he almost couldn’t see that something massively black was on its way here. Wind picked up all around them, blowing leaves and even twigs everywhere.

It was the loud, defying roar that got Switch’s attention. Looking to his right, from where the black dragon’s territory was, a huge amount of black was getting bigger and bigger, as it got closer and closer.

“It’s…It’s…”

“Please! Let us go!”

“Quick!”

Switch didn’t hear any of their pleas and just watched as the blackness in the sky turned into several dragons. One massive dragon in front, followed by several smaller ones behind it. It really was a beautiful sight, they were all in unison and even roared along with their master.

They flew closer and closer and Switch’s hair and clothes was blowing rapidly within the wind.

“Anonym.”

His whisper went into the wind, unheard to anyone’s ears…

The big dragon slowly went to the ground and the little dragons stayed flying above it.

Another loud, defying roar came from the monstrous dragon and the officers had already started to bleed from their ears and pee their pants.

How…Terrifying.

4