Chapter 16 ** Elusive **
77 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"I..I am what you call a sensory wizard. It's a passive ability, that is linked to my magic finding...Please, I'm sure I can be of use!" The magic officer bent down in a last effort to save his life.

Previously, he had always been tamed by the Elders, who had even implanted him...He really was in a predicament because even if he couldn't save his life from her...He most likely might lose it anyway! But there was no other option! He was even going to admit to another type of magic, that he hadn’t much practised on before as well, if it would give him more chance of survival…

"Can you use it to find witches?" Anonym said, after a moment of considering her options, she felt like she might have found something useful!

"Yes, yes I can...But, I have been implanted and..."

Switch finally came out of his corner and walked to the magical officer. "Implanted? Even a passive wizard?"

Anonym looked at Switch curiously.

The magical officer looked at Switch, still frightened by him, "Ye...Yes. I am very useful to them and when they had lost so...So many, they started to implant more people to keep them, as many became too terrified to become part of the army or officers, after..."

His voice trailed off.

Switch looked at Anonym, "He will most likely blow up, if they find him gone."

Anonym pouted, she had finally found someone to help her get revenge on the witches, and she had to give him up!? That wasn't fair!

"Tell me more about this implantation. I can try to soul scribe."

The magical officer was questioning what she meant by this, but Switch went into a description about it immediately.

 

 

Having more knowledge about the implantation, Anonym fell into her thoughts of how to stop the implantation from going off.

It seemed that it was embedded into the person's magic itself, so when it would go off, it would also mean that the magic inside that person would go off as well, having no room for survival. The implantation transferred the magic inside that person into a destruction bomb, which could kill anyone close to them as well. The bomb would go off the degree of the magic that the person had, so if the person only had a low amount of magic, the bomb wouldn’t be very big but will still kill at least the person with the implantation.

Anonym was actually quite intrigued in finding out more about this, even though it was basically slavery.

Knowing what it was like, of being a slave, but also knowing what it was like to have a slave, she didn't think too much into the emotional problems it contained.

What she did know, was that a slave wasn't a slave anymore, when they became free. And this is what she used to soul scribed the magic officer's soul.

Seeing him react, Anonym watched as he put a hand to his heart and breathed harder because of her art. "What...What did you do?"

"Are you still implanted?" She asked, truly curious...If that didn't work, then she'd have to find another way.

Seeing the magical officer close his eyes, showing a pained face, she waited.

After a few moments, he finally said, "I...I can't...I believe it has been..."
"Spit it out!" Anonym yelled.

"The implantation is still there...It's been disconnected, though." The magical officer said in disbelief. How was that possible!?

Switch turned to looked at Anonym with a smile. She really was incredible!

Anonym smiled and nodded, so it should be!

"Now you will help me find witches." She said, standing up, in turn making Alex look up and start to get up himself.

The magical officer was still a little sore, "...You mean right now?"

As Anonym had begun to walk away, she had to turn around, "If not now, then when?"

Switch gave a chuckle as he picked up Alex, who had started to follow his mother, "He seems to be in pain, perhaps let him get over the scribe of his soul first?"

"Mummy!" Alex put his hands out to Anonym.

Taking the little man into her arms, Anonym sighed, "Okay, you have a day to get better, then we go kill the witches."

Switch sighed. Could she be still for one day?

Seeing that Alex was getting comfortable and looking tired, Anonym started the natural act of putting him to sleep.

Shaking his head, Switch watched as Anonym walked away with their son, to another part of the cave, while murmuring about fighting in Alex’s ear.

"Who...Who is she?" The magical officer asked.

Switch turned back with a huge smile, "She's my woman!"

The magical officer was taken aback, Switch's response was possessive and proud. Letting out a small laugh, he could tell that this man was very doting upon his beloved family.

"There is no doubt she'll probably tell the black dragons to kill you if you leave, so just stay still for now. Don't think of leaving when my woman has a use for you!"

Suddenly, the magical officer started to panic again, does this mean...Does it mean that after he does his job, that she'll kill him?

 

***

 

Switch held onto his son, while he watched dragons fly away from their den. They had waited a day for the magical officer to recover.

They had talked once more and found that his name was Timothy. This Timothy, had started to become paranoid but did remember that he had once had trouble with finding witches.

Again, Anonym ended up soul scribing Timothy. Her own soul scribing on her soul had been generalised. Yet, what she ended up doing for Timothy, was soul scribe him to have witches unable to use magic against him.

For her, no magic would work, and she wasn't ready to change that. Even though that stopped Switch from healing her, she was still on the magical planet of Bracabra...

Once they had done this, Timothy rested once again for a few more hours.

Unable to help heal souls, Anonym felt a little annoyed...

 

 

Now, they were finally on their way and Timothy sat on top of Anonym's dragon head, while several other smaller, black dragons followed.

Even though Timothy wasn't sure that he could survive beyond today, he was feeling exhilarated with what was happening right now!

Never, in anybody's dreams, would they think that this would happen right now.

He felt like, at this moment, he had even more power than that of the Elders!

As they started to get out of the dragon's territory, Anonym roared to get his attention, and Timothy smiled as he looked around. He had already told her previously, that his magic could show her where the withes would be, as long as he continuously used it. The only problem was, his magic being used like that could only last for so long, so this outing will have to stop eventually...

 

With their journey, they had to stop twice, to help dragons who had been in a troubling situation because of a witch. Anonym had to also soul scribe on them, to help them be able to regain themselves back to normal again.

Timothy helped them a great deal, even when the higher witches were apart from their companions. He would say where both are, not letting them use surprise as an attack. The magic he would use, would follow them around, leaving a pretty trail after them, that didn't disappear for a whole minute, making their prey easily traceable.

Since Anonym's anger hadn't totally subsided and she wanted to pay them back to how they had treated her, she didn't give them any second chances, once they were found, they were killed ruthlessly and within moments.

It was a heartless onslaught, that killed most of the witch’s population...

After they had been gone for two hours, Anonym decided to return and both of them were smiling when Switch found them.

Upon their return, Anonym told Switch to give the dragons treasure and the dragons roared, making her laugh.

Seeing her so happy, Switch give her some freedom elixir, without even being asked.

She put her hand around his waist and swallowed all the freedom elixir, and smiled at him.

Timothy watched as Switched picked her up and walked inside the cave.

Laughing himself, he patted a black dragon.

The dragon didn't push him away but it clawed at the treasure and walked towards the cave to put it away.

Laughing again, Timothy also went into the cave. From the moment he had been born, he had never had so much fun!

Today, he had never seen, or felt, so much freedom. He had also gotten payback for his family and friends because of the witches. Not only that, he had never seen so much power that could kill of so many in such a short time frame!

He wanted to stay alive! He was already willing to devote himself entirely to Anonym!

 

Funnily enough, for at least two hours, Timothy hadn't seen any being. He wanted to find someone, but he sort of had an understanding on what Switch and Anonym would be doing at this moment...

The first beings that he came across, was instead, Alex and a smaller black dragon, who seemed to be showing signs of discontent.

He raced up to Alex, who was holding a wooden sword, to find him holding his ground against this dragon, who roared at him!

Alex seemed to have the freedom his mother held, and roared back at the dragon, his eyes showing no fear.

Wanting to laugh, Timothy picked up Alex and looked at the dragon.

Seeing that they had been interrupted, the dragon put down his head and walked away...Turning his head once, to look at the little chubby thing, he then flew to the sky.

"Little one, you are not scared of the dragon?" Timothy asked.

"Dragon pet!" Alex said, pointing his wooden sword to the same dragon from before, up in the sky.

Looking at the dragon as well, Timothy smiled. Such a sight, a little boy fighting a black dragon.

He was indeed her son!

Looking back at the little boy, Timothy could obviously feel the magic inside of him. It was nearly ready to be assessed, and he became somewhat curious on what magic this little boy could behold.

 

Alex wasn't scared of Timothy, but he was getting bored being held, so he said, "Down."

Putting the boy down, he watched him look around and say, "Mummy?"

Coughing his embarrassment, Timothy replied, "Mummy with daddy."

Smiling, such a sweet smile, the boy ran into the cave.

"Wait, little one!" Timothy ran after him.

He followed and nearly caught him, as he started to yell, "Mummy make friend for Alex!"

Letting out a short gasp on the boy’s words, he tried to quickly scoop him up.

When he finally got the boy in his arms, he looked up to find Switch getting dressed and coming towards them.

Looking away, Timothy walked to the side, so that he couldn't see inside the room.

"Mummy make friend for Alex!" The boy didn't stop his words and he wanted to desperately get down from Timothy's hands.

"Alex?" Switch took his son in his hands and closed the area with a click.

Suddenly, the boy looked unhappy.

"Panther is sleeping like Mummy."

Looking innocently at his father, Alex then looked down, clearly unhappy.

To Timothy, it was an obvious thing on what he was asking for. But upon hearing Switches answer, he became utterly confused!

Panther? What the hell is Panther?

Switch walked away, not speaking a word, and Timothy finally snapped to his senses, to catch up.

"I thought...He was talking about..." Timothy started to say.

Switch turned to him and grimaced, "Mmm."

Unsure whether to continue or not, Timothy scratched his head.

"Alex's friend panther, sometimes plays with him. He was asking for his friend." Switch said.

"Friend! Alex's friend!" Alex cheered, holding his sword and pointing it to the roof of the cave.

"Panther?" Timothy hadn't seen another child around.

Switch sighed, "It's a big cat."

Blinking in disbelief, Timothy hadn't even considered it to be...An animal.

It was no surprise, Switch knew that Panther's didn't exist on this planet. They had existed on Roneglaise.

On Bracabra, only small cats were known, there weren't any big cats at all.

"Oh...So, it wasn't about..."

Another sigh from Switch, "No."

Looking at the man before him, he could see that this man wanted more...

"Don't worry, another one will come one day!" Timothy patted the man's shoulder in comfort.

Surprise showed on Switch's face...

Timothy wasn't sure what was going on inside of that man's head, but he felt like he needed to say more, "It'll happen, don't worry about it."

Switch suddenly laughed, he knew Timothy didn't know of the method that stopped it from happening, but he couldn't help but laugh. Had it really been all over his face?

Smiling, Switch didn't want to push the issue with Anonym, he already felt lucky enough as it was...

"Thanks!"

 

***

 

It was finally within the next few days that Alex would turn three and all three of the adults begun to get excited.

Without knowing the exact time of his birth, they were quite unhappy with Anonym. But all she did was shrug and say that it was in the space of three days, she had lost what time it was because of labour and exhaustion.

Knowing she had done it all by herself, Switch was able to let it go, but Timothy didn't like it.

"How can you not know your own son's birthday!?" He yelled at her.

Anonym narrowed her eyes at him, scaring him.

Going silent, he looked away.

"I was on my own, labour lasted many hours, then I had to do what needed to be done after he was born, and straight after...I fell asleep."

Timothy looked at her in surprise. She had been alone?

For a moment, he wondered what that may have been like, but had no idea. Then he looked at Switch, with a questionable gaze, why hadn't he been there for her?

Switch glared at him. It wasn't like he choose for her to leave him!

 

But, it was only another three hours before Alex suddenly fell into a deep sleep and Switch materialized a few objects.

Timothy shook his head in wonder at what Switch could do, and stayed in the room, just like Anonym.

First, a 'Degree Magic Orb' floated above Alex. It was an empty, circular, see through orb that didn't seem at all spectacular. But as it let out a small thread that linked itself onto Alex, it started to slowly light up.

These orbs were very popular and well used, they were easy to get and easy to find. They had a time limit of an hour, but that was all that was needed to find the degree of someone’s magic. Sadly, they were a onetime use, and could only be thrown away afterwards. It had always been like this, but at one time the orb was fixed to be used multiple times…But seeing the potential end of having no more orbs to sell, the maker destroyed it.

Anonym was fascinated to see the orb start to look shinier, and her wide, lively eyes looked particularly charming to Switch.

They waited for a whole hour for this orb to release itself from Alex, as something strange had happened. But, it was obvious, before he was detached, that he held an amount that seemed to be relatively a medium amount. The strange thing was, when it slowed down and they thought it would detach itself, it stayed there. In another minute, a tiny amount was added to the orb, like it had just found another piece of magic.

What was even stranger, was that it looked like it stopped again, yet, after another minute, another tiny amount of magic was released...

"Switch?" Timothy said. "This...This is stating that his magic..."

Anonym looked from Timothy to Switch, "Stating what?"

Switch let out a chuckle, "Very rarely, a person will hold a magic that will slowly increase. Even so, these people would stop at some point, but it is still quite a rare factor and no one knows when it will stop."

When it happened another two times, the hour had finally been up and the orb stopped working.

"So...What does this mean?" Anonym asked curiously.

Switch looked at her, while taking out the 'Base Reading Cards', "It means, currently, Alex has a medium degree of magic that could potentially go to a high degree of magic."

Blinking, Anonym shook her head, "Okay, whatever."

Timothy laughed, it seemed she didn't understand. "They higher the degree of magic, the more powerful you are."

Nodding, with more enthusiasm, she looked at Alex, "Go higher!"

Chuckling again, Switch placed out three cards over the small boy’s stomach area. One was passive, another was offensive and the last one was defensive. Instead of waiting for Anonym to ask, Switch said, "These are Base Reading Cards, with every magic, there could be one, two or all three of these. What it will do is attract the magic, making the magic in the cards move, talk, light up or something else. If the magic is attracted to the cards, it means they have that kind of magic."

Anonym frowned, it didn't make any sense. Instead, she waited.

Upon ten minutes, they found out that only one card was lit up and shiny, just in case, they waited another five minutes but still nothing happened to the other two cards.

Removing the two cards, that didn't change, Switch placed more of his own magic upon the passive card, still upon the Alex’s stomach, to amplify it to see if they could find out what his magic was based on...

 

At first another card came from the original, flipping around and landing elsewhere.

Then two more cards flipped out from the card, then three and another three.

Passive cards that were being copied, flew everywhere, multiplying quite a number of times!

Switch saw this and wondered if there was an end...Not stopping, he wanted to know how many times his son’s magic could copy this card in a row...

Anonym watched as Switch continued, seeing that he wasn't worried...But Timothy had wide eyes, that made him look somewhat scared.

This...This was not something he knew off! Replicating a card over and more than once and they weren’t an illusion…What kind of magic was this?

After another half an hour went by, they could reach fifty copies of the same original passive base card, before Switch stopped.

Putting his hands down, Switch looked at the boy, quite uncertain. At this time, Alex’s magic would definitely not create fifty copies without Switch’s help, but after training and unlocking his magic, he would come close. It also depended on how much more his magic would grow…

"Well?" Anonym asked.

Looking up at her, he slightly shook his head and gave a small shrug, "I don't know. Obviously, he is copying or replicating the card. The strange thing is...It's not always just one, it continues to grow in numbers..."

Frowning, Switch looked at Timothy, "What do you say?"

Looking at Switch, he said, "I hadn't seen this type of magic before at all."

"I will have to go and see if there's anything about it in the Codex." Switch sighed.

He had a small hope that he could know what Alex’s magic was based on, so they could leave earlier, but it was obvious now that he would have to look around the wizard world of Bracabra and see if he could find something.

Even his previous life’s knowledge didn’t help him…Which Switch found completely strange. He had many types of magic’s previously, and one was even similar to this, but that was an offensive type, not a passive. He’d also seen another that could copy but would only last a minute, more suited to teleporting a message and having it disappear afterwards. That type of magic was more common but Alex’s magic was still working. The copies were still scattered all over the floor…

It was strange…

 

***

 

For a week, Switch left and didn't return. He had made Timothy to always be on guard if someone were to come, even though the black dragons were there.

Happily, nothing did happen. But in this time, with knowing that Alex had been able to confirm some things with magic, Anonym tried to see if cultivation worked with him too.

Cultivation on Roneglaise could be started as early as the age of two, with some genius children. But for many children, they started closer to four or five years of age.

The best and first thing fathers or mothers could try, to see if they could start cultivation, was that with the personal cultivation of Senses.

To make it out as a game, Anonym would, many times, blind fold Alex and get him to find her. Sadly, it was slow, but if they did it a hundred times, the child’s hearing should improve. Anonym would also blind fold Alex when he ate, many times, to see if his taste would improve as well.

But now, Anonym tried something different. There was a magical toy that Switch had introduced to her, and it was a battle orb that seemed to defend itself against attacks by moving.

Seeing his mother doing this, Alex got absolutely excited and wanted to do it as well!

And this was what made her realise that he was able to cultivate!

 

Through his training of the battle orb, he got better and faster! He became so efficient, that in a week, the battle orb was too easy for him and Alex demanded something better! Compared to Roneglaise, battling with a sword wasn't something many did on Bracabra, and the battle orb was quite an inadequate quality in Anonym's eyes. She could see many people on Roneglaise looking at it with scorn, saying that it was, indeed, pathetic!

Seeing a strange improvement upon the boy, it surprised Timothy, and he started to wonder what this ‘cultivation’ was…

Timothy also stated that there were higher battle orbs but Switch had never given them one before he had left.

Instead, Anonym shapeshifted to a little girl, so that she could battle with Alex herself!

Again, Alex didn’t think of this little girl as his mother, instead a little girl, just like the panther.

She was a ruthless mother, even with wooden swords! She would trip him, she would hurt him and she would make him expend so much energy, that he would fall to the fall in exhaustion!

She had to teach him how to adapt to his opponents moves, and that if someone were to move around a lot, that he should make the other do it instead!

But, it was starting to become absolutely clear that his endurance, meaning his own personal cultivation of Stamina, had exceeded that much, even Anonym was extremely satisfied!

After another week had gone, Anonym really wanted to know what Switch was up to. He had never said when he would return, but it had been nearly three weeks now and she knew that there were people after him.

He was powerful, but he had been taken prisoner before. Presley was safe with them, so he didn't have problems there...But was he in trouble?

It was troublesome, once Anonym started to think about it, she couldn't get it off her mind.

The next two following days, she started to spend time outside, while Alex was sleeping, keeping an eye out for Switch.

In those two days, she suddenly wondered if this is what he felt like, when she had left him...

4