Chapter 17 ** Detrimental **
77 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The reason why Switch had left, was because the Codex was something that did indeed exist, but couldn't be something that he could materialise. He had already tried once before and realised then, that he will never be able to do it and be able to read it.

The reason for this, was because where the Codex was located, was in a magical vault. This vault was really quite magical as it had endured the bomb that Switch had made go off in the capital, quite some time ago...But the biggest reason was because of magic needed to even read the Codex. A magic was needed to turn the page, and another magic was needed to have words written down on it...Even though all of these magic's exist, so Switch could materialise it, his power is only so much and he wasn't able to make them all appear, as they would scatter off, even when he was in an enclosed cave...

The Codex seemed to have appeared beyond the years that anyone knows, even from Switch. This ‘Codex’ was deemed miraculous and quite divine, as many Elders have no idea where it had come from and that was said from the Elder’s from over thousands of years ago…

The vault that the Codex was in, was yet, another type of magic. And with all of that, Switch had not enough magical power to have all of these singular types of magics to appear...With all these different magics and how much power it used, Switch had wondered himself, where it had come from.

 

Switch wasn't in any real danger from anybody, his danger...Was that of his own doing...

Having found out and confirmed, in the first two days, that the Codex had not been touched and had been still in the late capital, Switch then wondered how he could get there without harming himself.

After staying low for another day, and leaving from the wizard world, he had come out from an entrance closest to the red, huge bubble, out into the distance.

Having got information from others, that people had died even though the explosion had already gone off, but they were just going inside of the bubble, Switch frowned.

He had thought of going back to the black dragon den to think about his next plan of action, but he didn't want to go back with nothing...

Thinking about how he could either teleport into the vault itself or a way to be able to easily go through the area, Switch had decided to find a safe place to think it through.

Having been an Elder himself a few times, he had a few ideas of where the vault was, but after thinking it through, he realized that it had changed places…Or the capital had changed.

One previous life time Elder, that he was, had gone to one place. Yet, as another previous lifetime Elder, he had gone to another place to get to the vault.

Having never really thought of it before, Switch wondered if there was some kind of hidden magic that changed the capital around, to continue to hide this vault.

But, he found no answers. Having been close to the highest Elder once, he had never found out if there was some hidden magic or not.

Feeling like he had wasted a life, because he hadn’t found out some things, he continued to ponder…

And his questions, finally led him to the old man!

Having heard that there were some things that even Anonym couldn’t do on Roneglaise, he really started to think that, perhaps the old man had made the vault and even the capital! With wide eyes, Switch continued to think that this was a very big possibility, because of the strangeness of the vault and change of the capital! Strangely, even he started to question why it was in the sky and floating around…

Thinking of it now, Switch wondered why the old man would do it? Why would he make the Codex? Why would he make the capital change all the time? What would it mean?

Finding himself frustrated, Switch tried not to think about it anymore and accepted that he will have to do his best to find the vault whatever the reason it’s there for…

 

 

His decision became that of finding the best possible places the vault could potentially be, and take the chance to teleport there.

But, through this decision, he found how incredibly hard this was going to become!

His first attempt had been a failure!

Not understanding the problem that his body had got, he tried to forgo the slight pain already going through him, as he tried once again at a potential place the vault could be. Having had even using his shield hadn't really worked, as it was just rapid, continued air, he stopped it just in case it made things even worse...

Failing once again, he coughed up blood and looked at himself. Having tried to heal himself hadn’t worked and his skin was changing to a different colour. Weakness had already started to become apparent and he wondered what it was that was inside this bubble, that was so life threatening.

It had been obvious in all the places he had gone to, that the place had been thoroughly destroyed. There was no intact place anywhere and there was black ash all over the ground. On the outsides of the buildings that were still up, they were all burnt in charcoal black. How was it that the vault had not been destroyed!?

Seeing that he hadn’t much time left, Switch tried a final time, if it wouldn’t work this time…

But he had finally found it!

Coughing up more blood, he hastily went through the Codex. What he had preferred to do was take it all with him, or have it all written down. But his body had already started to fail and he felt himself start to lose focus as it was!

Focusing to the best of his ability, he hastily wrote down only what he absolutely had to and left from there, to teleport straight to the black dragon’s den. He couldn’t even think now, of what he had found or if it was useful or not.

Upon teleporting just outside of the cave, he fell to the ground.

Blanking out and feeling himself slip away for awhile, he didn’t even know that Anonym had found him and taken him inside the cave.

“Switch! What…What?” Anonym had wide eyes, looking at him, unable to even complete her sentence.

When he woke up, he showed a small smile, seeing that Anonym was so worried.

Knowing he might not have much time left, he brought out what information he obtained. Having done that, used up a lot of his energy and he fell unconscious, yet again.

Anonym gritted her teeth, she breathed out and took the paper.

Not even opening it, she put it down in haste, like it was something dirty!

Having already tried to heal him and having it not work, Anonym was very angry and distressed right now! Seeing him like this was really gnawing at her entire being!

The only thing that she was able to do, was drive the sickness away from both his heart and head, in which aggravated it more elsewhere, as she hadn't been able to get rid of it…

What was so important that he had to risk his life!?

No longer caring for what he had obtained, she put her face into her hands, trying not to cry…

Anonym didn’t leave his side, and for a full day, she sat there in a daze…

What am I supposed to do!?

 

In a slight moment, Anonym remembered something. Trying not to let that thought pass, she closed her eyes to remember an old, unique healing method.

Squeezing her eyes shut tighter, a tear slipped down her cheek, as she remembered it was trade heal. In other words, she would take whatever it was that was hurting him, into her own body.

Looking down upon Switch, she saw him even more serious then the last time.

This type of sickness was something she had never seen before, and she had seen death often enough. But this was...

Even though Switch was still alive, it was like death had come over his whole body. She could clearly see everything breaking down to a point that his body could probably never survive. It seemed...Utterly useless...

Another tear dripped down her other cheek and she smiled at him. Even if she were to be reborn once again, she wouldn’t be wasting this life, if she used her own body to save him.

Realising her thoughts, she felt herself shudder. She had never once told him that she loved him!

More tears cascaded down her cheeks and she finally lost her resolve of being strong.

Knowing that if he died…She would be truly upset. But was this the only thing that she could do?

This man had sacrificed many things for her, always letting her do whatever she wanted. This…

Pain travelled through her, when she thought that she might not know how long it will be before she sees him again.

Gripping onto the clothes near her heart, she wiped her face.

Before she does this, she needed to see Alex…One last time…

 

Alex had been taught how to cultivate Power and he had already accomplished two small magical stones, all by himself. Anonym cuddled him as she brought out her lucky last stone, that she had put away for him. She hadn’t thought to pack more because she would have Switch…But thinking of that now, made her want to cry again. How much had she taken him for granted? How much had he given her?

Coming to Bracabra wouldn’t have been done without him. Perhaps living through the death of the last Emperor may not have been accomplished either. All those times that she had cultivated in seclusion, what had he done?

She had seen many people treat Switch with respect, after the late Emperor of Murkcloud continent had died. Had she even asked him about it? What had he done when she ran away from him, when she had unlocked more memories?

Asking herself all these questions only made her feel worse and she felt even more pathetic! She hadn’t asked him very much at all, yet he helped her with whatever she wanted!

Even without Switch, Alex wouldn’t be in her life…

And Switch, seeing his son the first time, he had only said a few words of anger and then that was it!

How was she even good enough for this man!? Why did he want to be with someone so selfish like herself!?

Without even realizing it, she had already started to cry again and letting out a small sob, made her remember what she was doing…Saying goodbye…And saving a very precious life. It would be something she could return to him unselfishly...

Seeing her son take the stone, she watched silently as he slowly took the power into himself. Watching it, Anonym became dazed.

Stealing the power, from within. That was what Power was. Stealing…

Letting out a surprised breath, Anonym suddenly took the stone from her son and he looked up at her in surprise.

The stone…

Giving her son a watery kiss on the cheek, she put him back on the ground and hurriedly packed a few of the rubbish stones laying around.

Not caring if her idea worked or not, she was going to try it! If it worked the same way, the sickness will leave his body, but instead of going into her…She was going to try and place it into the used magical stones!

Just this one spark of hope made her smile, as she continued to gather every single stone that she could find. Even higher valued stones that hadn’t been used yet, didn’t matter to her, as she placed them with the rest.

Running to Switch’s bedside, she hurriedly placed things into a place easily accessible to her and tried to calm down.

Having understood how to cultivate Power and having the art of Healing and knowing this old, unique art, she breathed out calmly and opened her eyes.

Sniffing, then wiping her eyes, she nodded. "Right!"

We will both live! And after you wake up…I will tell you that I love you! This selfish person loves you!

 

***

 

Two days later, Switch finally woke up, seeing Anonym sleeping next to him. She was still in a sitting position, but her head was beside his body and looking very pale.

Swallowing, he went to touch her, but then he saw his arm. It was back to normal!

Looking at his other arm, he saw the same thing!

Sitting up, he found that he wasn’t weak anymore either…What had she done?

Knowing that he had tried to heal himself and it hadn’t worked, he looked at her and blinked. If nothing existed that could heal him, then what had she done!?

Seeing her look very pale, he tried to heal her, but remembered that she had soul scribed her soul to no longer accept magic…

Becoming a little scared, he started to lightly hit her cheeks, “Wake up!”

“Mmm.” Anonym mumbled, before she got more comfortable again and went back to sleep.

Wanting to bite his lips because he was uncertain, he shook her again. “Anonym!”

Bringing her up, to be beside him on the bed, she started to move and opened her eyes a little bit. “Switch!”

Seeing her unable to move much, he cuddled her, “Are you ok?”

“Mmm, just tired.” Even though he heard these words, they were weak…

He cuddled her even tighter and felt her shudder.

“What’s wrong? Are you ok?” He asked. Had he hugged her too tightly?

Anonym put a hand to his face and smiled. “I’m…So glad, you’re okay!”

Taking her hand in his, he kissed her forehead, “I don’t know how you did it, but I’m all better now!”

She lightly chuckled, “For two days I tried to rid your sickness, by transferring it into something else, see?”

She pointed to a huge pile of black tainted stones, that looked close to ash. Some had broken in half or quarters, some even had broken in a hell of lot more scattered bits and pieces, but they were all black and looked terrible.

Switch couldn’t believe it had been possible, with such a sickness, he honestly thought he was going to die again.

Looking down at her, he smiled, “Thank you.”

She smiled lazily back, it really felt good to see his eyes opened and talking, it made her very happy!

Leaning her forehead against his, she put her hands to his face and finally said the words that she wanted to say. “I love you, Switch. Don’t ever…Ever do that again!”

Putting his hands to her face, he looked at her with smiling eyes. He had wanted to hear those words from her for such a long time! Finally, having heard them, he said the same words back to her.

Taken in the moment, he kissed her. It really was a soft kiss at first, gentle like a breeze. But, as she put her hands around his neck, he deepened the kiss and laid on top of her.

This girl…This woman!

Such a stubborn thing!

Anonym felt like Switch had even changed the way he touched her. Little sparks were felt all over her body and her heart could not slow down! Having even more of a keener sense now, it was so much better than their first and second kiss. His normal smell, his normal touch!

He was alive! This man was alive…And he loves me!

Suddenly, this man became even more precious to her.

She did feel tired, but his mouth lingering over her, kept her awake and feeling like she was falling into an addictive state of never wanting to stop!

Switch couldn’t help but leave his mark all over this beautiful, stubborn woman!

He had thought that was the end, but she’d saved him…Then she told him such sweet words that he could reminisce a thousand times over in the future!

Her body was like silken, smooth jade, that he couldn’t get enough of! He was indeed, also addicted.

Both bodies, seemed to be thinking of how happy they were at this precise moment…

 

***

 

After Switch left Anonym, a few hours later, the first thing he wanted to do was to see his son. Having felt like he almost lost his family, he couldn’t wait to make even better time with what he has!

The strange thing was, he wasn’t afraid of death…He had already died so many times! What he was afraid of, was losing what he has at this moment!

Just like Anonym, he had thought that if he had died, who knew the next time they could see each other! How long it might take!

If he had died and then come to seek her out later, the dragons might attack him. Or he might even be a different gender…Thinking more about it, gender wouldn’t stop him from seeking her out! But, perhaps there would be a huge age gap and after quite some time she might forget about him…

Trying hard, he tried not to think and walked around the corner, to his son’s place, within the cave.

There he was…Such a grub!

Smiling, he watched his son eat and throw around his wooden sword that had seen better days. Unable to stay away, Switch was determined to spend some time with him.

Being very happy to just be in his son’s presence, he did whatever Alex wanted to do…And Alex, of course, wanted to fight!

So, Switch made two new wooden swords and smiled warmly at Alex. “Show me what you’ve learnt, my son!”

Actually, Switch was totally taken aback! Alex had indeed, improved immensely!

And, Alex took after his mother by being totally ruthless and making Switch hurt in places and trip over! Had he been gone that long that his son rules over him with this!

Becoming serious, Switch fought back with more vigour and both of them couldn’t seem to stop, as they started to sweat and have blisters on their hands!

When his own son didn’t yield to him, Switch sighed. “Okay, let me see your hands. We’ll stop for now.”

Alex put up his sword, “No!”

Both of them! Both of them were as stubborn as hell!

“Yes!” Switch said, putting down his sword and kneeled down, “Now, come here!”

Seeing his father so serious, Alex could only do as he was told. He wasn’t happy about it though! His own mother had told him that enduring only makes you stronger!

But, he couldn’t go against his father…

The conflicted boy went to his father and watched as he magically healed him.

Taken aback, due to Switch’s sudden embrace, Alex let out a funny sound.

“Alex, you make me a proud father!”

Feeling strange, Alex tried to pull back but couldn’t. His mother rarely spoke words like these, making him unsure how to respond.

Switch only pulled back enough so that he could look at his face. “In the future, I will teach you how to use your magic.”

“But..”

“No buts!” Switch said.

Closing his mouth, Alex stared at his father. Taken by his seriousness, he nodded and smiled.

Being such a young boy, Alex’s thoughts ended up being quite easy and suddenly, he became a much more doting son to his father!

A whole new window opened up for this little boy as he looked at his father, who had just suddenly become his hero!

“Okay!”

 

 

Switch and Alex ended up a very close couple after that, and when Anonym finally woke up, a day later, she saw this…

She was no longer pale, instead looking healthy and lively, which made Switch happy.

When he made room for her at the table, she stood there with a strange look.

“What’s wrong?” Switch asked.

Anonym looked at Alex with narrowed eyes and the boy got off his father’s lap and went to another chair.

“Humph!” Anonym let out, before taking Switch’s lap all for herself.

Laughing to his family’s behaviour, Switch put his hands around Anonym. “Jealous?”

“Mmm.” She had no reason to hide it!

Continuing to laugh, Switch looked at Alex to see him dejected. “You come too. I can hug both of you!”

Stars started to light up in Alex’s eyes and he run back to his father.

The family hug didn’t last long, before Anonym said, “That…Piece of paper.”

“…What piece of paper?” Switch asked.

Taking a deep breath in, Anonym said, “The one you brought back.”

Nodding in remembrance, Switch looked at her, “What about it?”

“I hope you got what you needed! You aren’t going back there!” She glared at him.

Putting his forehead against hers, he sighed, “Calm down, we have enough knowledge for now. Where is it anyway?”

Anonym lowered her head and seemed to only randomly look at him and then away again.

Narrowing his eyes, Switch thought her attitude was strange, “…What…What did you do with it?”

She had no answer! She didn’t meet his eyes and she could hold her head up!

If they weren’t talking about something so important, Switch would have happily laughed at her attitude, but he started to get mad, “What happened to it!?”

Anonym pouted, then finally looked at him, “I don’t know! You gave it to me, then I threw it! I don’t know where it is!”

Startled, Switch took a deep breath in to try and keep calm, “You…Threw…It? Are you saying I did all that for nothing!?”

Anonym suddenly stood up and glared at him, “I…”

Stamping her foot, with a glare, she suddenly turned around to run out of the cave.

Switch was stunned, but ran after her, after quickly putting Alex on the ground. As he came out of the cave, he saw her change into the big dragon and he yelled out, “Anonym! Don’t you dare leave!”

A snort left the dragon, but it didn’t fly off. Standing there with its back towards him, Switch walked slowly towards it.

“It’s not like you to run away…” Switch said, as he continued to walk around the dragon.

The monstrous dragon snorted again, still turned away from him…

It took quite some time for Switch to walk around this monstrous dragon, and in this time, both of them were silent.

“It doesn’t matter…I remember some of it. Don’t be upset.” Switch said, as he came towards the front, where she was looking away.

A low grunt come out of the dragon. Inside of this dragon’s thoughts was a bit of a mess. She hadn’t thought anything of that piece of paper! Yet, she felt like she’d done something so terribly wrong! Having remembered the last time he was mad at her, she felt like she had to run!

 

“Anonym?” Touching a dragon claw with his hand, Switch sighed. So troublesome!

Still, Anonym didn’t change, so Switch continued, “Don’t worry about the piece of paper. Honestly, the Codex didn’t have what Alex’s magic was. I had written down two other magic’s like it but I might be able to remember it all. So, don’t worry about it.”

The dragon’s eyes might not look like it, but they were uncertain, still worried he’d yell at her, then not look at her and teleport away!

Scary!

“I want you to do something for me.” Switch said, looking up, hurting his neck in the process.

The dragon grunted.

Letting out a small chuckle, Switch said, “If you don’t turn back, I won’t tell you.”

Uh? You want me to do something? Like a slave? And then threaten me about you not asking me to do it?

With Anonym’s confusion, the dragon put its head sideways and made a strange sound from its throat.

Laughing, Switch tried to cover his mouth but he was so loud that the dragon looked at him and put its nose right in front of Switch, snorting loudly.

Switch stopped, he stood very still…Becoming dirty with mucus, wasn’t really what he had wanted!

Suddenly, Anonym could see his face getting angry and knew she had done something wrong, again!

Shapeshifting back to human, she stood there and took a deep breath in, “…I’m sorry!”

Her yell surprised Switch and he looked up at her. He can’t really remember her ever saying that to him…

She had her eyes tightly closed, with a strange face. Unable to know what she was thinking, Switch sighed, yet again.

Walking up to her, he wiped at the mucus that was on him and then wiped it on her, repeating the process a few times before she had enough courage to open her eyes.

“Hey!” She said, wanting to get away, but he held her to him then.

He put his head to her ear and whispered, “Anonym.”

Shudders ran through her, to hearing that sexy, sexy voice. Everything else was already forgotten…

“Anonym, soul scribe your name on my soul.”

Shocked, Anonym just stood there dumbly. That was something that happened when people get married…

Switch kissed her neck slowly, then repeated his words. Sadly, for Switch, he had already wanted to marry this woman for some time. He had taken his time to show his affection, he only let out what was literally spilling over the sides of his heart. When he had told her that he loved her, it was because he was so glad that he saw her again. Among other thoughts going through his head at the time, that was one that he hadn’t been able to hold back!

Over the time that he has been with Anonym, he could see her quite determined to not care too much into showing affection. For awhile it hadn’t hindered him, he wanted to take it slow too. But having nothing much he valued of life before her, and to how compared to being expressionless to be unable to hold back his expressions, because of her…Slowly, he started to really care…

Then, they had been finally back together after a long time apart...Ever since, he’s been overflowing!

 

“That’s…That’s what people do…” Anonym didn’t finish her sentence.

“Mmm.” Switch breathed in and took a chance to use words that she always used, “If you don’t do it, I will!”

Seeing her stiffen, he held his breath…This seemed to always work for him when she said it, now he wondered if it would work on her!

She was silent for so long that he had to breathe again! Letting her go, he clenched his hands. Had he come on to strong? Ever since he’s woken from nearly dying again, he had wanted to say this…He was even wondering if he was using the piece of paper as an excuse to bring it up. It wasn't like he couldn't try to use his magic to make it appear again...So troublesome!

Anonym had felt him remove his hands from around her and suddenly felt lonely. Is this what would happen if she said no? Would he...

Without any reason confirmed to her, she soul scribed his soul without another word!

...

Switch grabbed her hand that was on his chest with his hand, stunned. Looking at her, she seemed focused, even though she had finished soul scribing. Does she even know that she's done it already?

Taking the moment that she seemed paralysed, he went to do the same to her, except it didn't work...

...That's right...

Breathing out, a bit down casted, Switch stood there with her silently.

Anonym looked confused as she looked up at him. She still couldn't figure out why she had just gone and soul scribed his soul, without really thinking about it first...

Before she could say anything, Switch spoke first, "I wanted to do the same thing to you...But you have..."

Blinking, Anonym didn't know what to do!

Still unable to think properly, she put her own hand to her chest and removed the anti magic scribe on her soul. "Now try..."

Switch tried again and Anonym closed her eyes and felt even more complete, then she had felt before. Was this what it was like in previous life’s too?

Not particularly caring for the answer, she sighed in contentment.

Even with mucus on them, they didn't care. Switch pulled her head up to him and kissed her, there was no telling how happy he was at that moment!

4