Chapter 19 ** War **
95 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"General! Look I didn't forsake you, This Emperor came back!" Anonym yelled happily.

All who heard her words, looked at her stunned, the General himself stood still. He did like this girl…But why did she have to say stuff like that!?

Switch, instead, was the only one that wasn't surprised and stood up to greet the General. He walked up to him and picked up Alex, who seemed to look hurt, because he was looking up so much. "General."

Turning to Switch, the General felt like he was able to talk properly, "Switch, Alex."

"Dragon pets!" Alex said.

Alex had felt some kind of strange sense, that this person was quite formidable, so he said that in defence.

"Dragon pets?" The General enquired.

Switch laughed and said, "We have more than one dragon now...Anonym seemed adamant to help you. But then...She saw the freedom elixir."

For a moment Switch went silent, he noticed that even he was now calling alcohol ‘freedom elixir’...

"Ah, she is indeed unique." The General sighed.

"Indeed."

"General! Let's fight!" Anonym yelled.

It was so totally obvious that she was intoxicated, and to a point that he might even win...So he agreed!

 

Anonym asked for her sword from Switch, but then remembered that the witches took it. Wanting to suddenly cry to her lost treasure, he produced a sword for her, and she stopped. Seeing the sword, she saw it wasn't the same one, but she rapidly breathed in. Can't he just giv me ma other sword back!? Why does he have ta giv me Belwin's sword!? What is he thinkin!? ...Bah, who cares!

What was she thinking about!? Switch stared at her questioningly.

But suddenly, she smiled and he was confused even more!

"Haha, General I have my sword!" Anonym smiled brilliantly.

Shaking his head, Switch took himself and Alex away from the area, to give the General and Anonym more room, and stood next to the baffled Timothy. "Watch mummy fight."

"Mummy fight?" Alex said.

"Mmm."

Anonym stumbled closer to the General and then laughed, "General, you seemed to have grown bigger!"

That was an insult!

...

The General charged at Anonym in frustration.

Anonym smiled at him like a devil, even though she was intoxicated, this was her pinnacle. To fighting...She was the King!

Becoming serious, she drunkenly side stepped and swiped her sword to his legs.

Unable to predict her movements, the General took the blow and yelled out in pain. Turning to look at Anonym, he found her narrowed eyes looking back at him.

Was...Was she even more dangerous now?

Breathing in and out, he took the pain and stood up again. No way was he going to yield!

Anonym lazily looked at the General, while smiling.

This...Sort of got him a little scared. Isn't it normal that someone got worse when they were intoxicated?

Picturing her to be his absolute enemy, the General charged at her and they seriously attacked and blocked each other for a minute, before Anonym rolled away.

She was going fine, until she rolled. Then, the earth kept spinning!

The General took that moment and raced towards her, Anonym pulled her sword up to defend and they both slipped, causing the blades to go each way.

Meaning...Anonym got stabbed.

 

"Anonym!" Switch yelled, getting up.

Already, the General was profusely apologising and Switch ran up to her, to see the blood start to flow to the ground. "Anonym!"

Having her release her soul scribe of anti-magic, he was able to heal her in an instant and she looked at him and said, "Haha, I made a blunder!"

Switch closed his eyes and shook his head, then looked at the General, "It's your win General, I'm taking her to bed!"

"I dun wanna go ta bed!" Anonym said.

Switch looked at her tormented, and she saw that he wasn't happy.

Pouting, she hesitatingly said, "Mmm, think imma sleep."

Sighing, Switch picked her up and nodded at the General.

"You are such an idiot!" Switch said, as he turned around and went to the cave, where the black dragons were.

"Mmm." Anonym admitted. "Imma drunk! But he gotta win!"

Switch looked at her in surprise. "You wanted him to win?"

"Mmm, he a good man! I like em!" Anonym snuggled into him and before he could put her down into a bed, she had already fallen asleep.

 

***

 

Upon waking, Anonym heard the loud cries and drums. It wasn't particularly what she wanted to wake up to, so she forced herself to get out of bed and find out what was going on.

That...Was when she remembered the war!

Having slept quite some time, the Parched Badlands army had arrived, not too far from where they were located, and they could be easily heard in the distance.

Running out of the cave, the dragons following, she saw the Murkcloud army and Switch looking out into the distance, and she tripped over to them.

“Mummy!” Alex yelled, making her head ache a little bit. She put her finger to her lips, to imply for him to be quiet.

He ran up to his mother and hugged her legs, everyone else turned towards her and saw that she looked like she had just woken up.

Of course, she wasn’t thinking about what she looked like, what she did instead, was start to grin, then smile devilishly.

Some people felt a shudder run through them, others got goosebumps and Switch sighed.

Before anyone could feel normal again, Anonym asked Switch for a sword again.

Giving her the sword, he wondered what she was going to do. In the state of her hair and clothes in such a mess, was she going to run in now?

Instead, she put the sword tip to the ground and focused, closing her eyes.

A moment later, the sword changed into another Anonym.

“Walk that way!” Anonym said, pointing towards their enemy.

As the ‘sword Anonym’ walked in the direction that it was pointed to. People wondered if they should follow, but Anonym instead laughed and sat down leisurely upon the ground.

The General watched as the ‘sword Anonym’ walked further and further away and Switch wished he could read her mind.

Letting out a breath, Anonym looked up at the General and simply said, “I’m not ready yet. But watch the show, something funny will happen soon. I’m going to wake up first.”

It was quite a distance away, but Anonym had no trouble seeing that far because of how high her sight Sense cultivation was. It was only a few that didn’t have to squint their eyes, the other lot wanted to walk forward to see what would happen, but didn’t have to courage to go beyond the General.

Switch couldn’t see at all, his eyes weren’t bad but they weren’t cultivated in the slightest, so he clicked his fingers and something appeared in his hands.

Unsure on how to use it, he flipped it around and guessed…

 

At a distance, the Parched Badlands army finally noticed a single person walking towards them.

It was a bit of a shock, because their army was bigger than that of the Murkcloud continent army and they had already killed a delegate or two. Was this person insane!?

Yet, the person coming seemed to look expressionless and continued to walk towards them with no fear.

“General, that person looks familiar.” Said a high-ranking person within the Parched Badlands army.

“Indeed, that person has grown, but it is her! Get everyone ready to bring her back to the Emperor!” The General said, looking for someone in charge of taking captives.

“Looks like they don’t want to fight us, letting this girl take the fall and stop the war.” Said a person that was close to the General.

The General smiled, “If that is the case, then that saves us the problem of losing our good men and slaughtering theirs! It looks like the war is over!”

Some cheers floated to the air, but there was one there that wasn’t convinced. “Wait!”

This person was getting old in his years and had been there when Anonym had changed into chains. He had planned out Anonyms whole future, when she had come to Parched Badlands the last time, and she had ruined his plans completely!

“She must be checked first! Stop your useless blabbering until we know she is the real one!”

The General was slightly stunned, but knew then that they had indeed counted their chickens before they hatched, “We will make certain first then!”

The ‘sword Anonym’ got closer and closer and Anonym become a little speechless to the sudden loss of her made twin as it was directly killed.

Letting out a bored sigh, Anonym stood up, “Looks like they grew some brains uh.”

Switch looked at her and asked, “What is your plan now?”

Anonym put her hand to her chin in contemplation, then after a minute, asked General Clish, “You don't want them to survive, right?”

Looking back at Anonym, the General sighed, “The Emperor said that we shouldn’t kill them, even though they hadn’t given us a chance to retaliate and killed our delegates.”

Glaring at him, and staying silent, Anonym made the General take a small step back. He couldn’t help but think that the answer he had given her, wasn’t what she wanted to hear.

“Of course, the Emperor isn’t here right now.” The General stammered.

Rolling her eyes and looking away, Anonym said, “So the Emperor wants peace? Is he stupid? How about this, we kill the army and leave Parched Badlands alone. See what their Emperor will do without an army…”

Blinking, General Clish said, “It would still be…”

Anonym interrupted, “I will be doing the Emperor a favour then! Haha, I’ll even make them run away but dam, sometimes I can’t control the dragons and upon their retreat they just get killed because they looked at my pets funny.”

Stating her story out before it was happening, everyone close by went silent and gasped.

“I…I don’t think that is a good reason to kill off their whole army, Anonym!” The General said.

“Like I said, blame the dragons. Just stay here and watch the show!” Anonym said walking in front of them all and suddenly turned into a huge, monstrous dragon.

 

Letting out an ear-piercing roar, the smaller black dragons roared back and flew to the sky and away from the area.

The huge dragon then slowly stamped forward, and some kind of noise was heard through its mouth.

Switch was sure that this dragon, was laughing…

About thirty metres behind the huge dragon, others were following and they all got closer and closer towards the Parched Badlands army.

Hearing the roar, and feeling the earth slightly tremble, the Parched Badlands army was starting to get a very bad feeling…

Upon seeing a big black thing walking towards them, they would stare blindly at it. Not long after, voices could be heard, stammering the word ‘Dragon’ and people fell to the floor in both astonishment and fright!

They were all unsure, looking at each other to see others losing their courage and wanting to silently run for their life’s!

But, they hadn’t heard the retreat, they hadn’t heard their General’s yell. If they ran away, their own man would kill them!

The General had been shocked and stunned into silence, only gaining himself when a person slapped him across the face. This person was the same that reminded them that Anonym hadn’t been real, when the ‘sword Anonym’ had come. “General! Sound the retreat, we can come back another time!”

“Re…Retreat!”

But as they went to turn around, somebody was running through the crowds, in a breathless state, “Gen…General! The…The way back…”

“What about it! Speak!”

“…There’s a fire stopping our way back…Sir…” The runner had wide eyes and couldn’t believe the immense of flames he had seen minutes beforehand. The fire wall, stretched out and even started to entrap them in a circular way, heading back towards the Murkcloud army. “Sir…There is no retreat!”

They all looked back at the monstrous dragon and it was at this time that the dragon snorted loudly, releasing two balls of flames towards them!

 

The balls of flames were small, but it was still fire, one landed on the ground, not hurting anyone, but it still needed to be put out. The other ball landed on the General and quite a few people went to rescue him from the flames.

Through this, the dragon let out a strange sound, moved its head around in a strange way and stamped its claw…

…The dragon was mocking them!?

Switch had a vague idea on what Anonym wanted to do, so he teleported beside her and released his own fire balls and a small bolt of lightning upon the Parched Badlands army.

It was only four fire balls, but they hit a few people and fell onto the ground and people started to jump around and run towards water to put them out. On the other hand, nothing could be done to whom the lightning had touched, their body shook tremendously and they fell to the floor, dead in an instant and looking slightly burnt and scarred across their body and armor.

Looking at the dragon beside him, Switch was sure that Anonym was just playing with them. General Clish should have known that if Anonym was here, there was no way the Parched Badlands army would escape.

Already blocking their retreat through her pets, Anonym was obviously going to take her time and enjoy killing these people in revenge, for attempting to take her by force.

As Switch had said before, they really invited hell into their home. It really was their own demise.

Anonym let out another strange sound and continued to stamp her claw to the ground.

Smiling, Switch shook his head and released some more fire balls for her to continue to watch the damage.

What they hadn’t thought, that changed the scene very quickly, was that someone went charging towards the army all by themselves! They roared and charged in with no fear at all.

The dragon stopped laughing and Switch widened his eyes in shock.

“Dragon pets!” Alex yelled, and swung his wooden sword around, while continuing to run towards the opposing army!

 

“Alex!” Switch yelled, but before he could teleport to his son, Anonym, who had shapeshifted back to her human self, interrupted him. “Spear!”

Doing as he was told, Anonym grabbed it and took a throwing stance and threw it with great power that made it race past Alex and go towards the army who were still putting out fires.

She speared threw one person and the speared stopped inside of another, but before the bodies fell onto the ground, another spear had already been released and was on its way past Alex.

Getting one more spear and then a sword and dagger from Switch, Anonym then raced ahead, towards Alex, who had just passed half way, all on his own little two legs.

Seeing Anonym charge forward, the General and the rest of the people behind him charged forward as well.

The odds still weren’t very good, as the Parched Badlands army had nearly double of what the Murkcloud army did, but that didn’t stop them running forward and getting ready to battle!

After throwing the spear, Anonym caught up to Alex in no time and picked him up, “Here.”

Alex’s eyes lit up to the dagger that Anonym was holding out for him. He picked it up with no reservations and held it up.

He, still being small, it looked like a sword anyway and Anonym smiled. “Are you ready?”

“Fight!” Alex yelled, Anonym put him down and drew her own sword and charged ahead, leaving everyone else behind.

This wasn’t forty or fifty people! This was thousands of people, but they were disorganised now and still a little stunned to what was going on.

Alex ran fast, but was overtaken shortly by many others, who charged ahead of him towards their enemy.

Switch teleported into the fray and stayed close to his son and watched out for Anonym. He let out a few more fire balls to the back of the Parched Badlands army and used magic to close by enemies, to have them stuck to the ground.

He was not happy with seeing his child coming to the battlefield and continued to grow more upset when Alex had his first kill, but he was still busy also watching over Anonym as well.

Anonym had gone so far ahead of him that he could barely see her anymore! Feeling unsure, he wanted to pick Alex up and race to her side but suddenly, out into the distance from where she was, he saw her go into the air and change back into the monstrous dragon and let out a roar. Having her feet stamp out quite a few people, she swiped her claws and tail around, to continue her slaughter of the Parched Badlands army.

It then became two battlefields, as a monstrous dragon was on its own and then a distance away was were the normal people fought.

Alex continued his journey, not knowing that he had stayed out of danger many times already because of his father. He charged forward with his bloody dagger and fury eyes, that seemed to be enjoying the moment!

Anonym, on the other hand had known she could kill them all so easily but there was never any enjoyment out that kind of overkill. On purpose, she had gone ahead to make things even more difficult for herself and it most definitely had worked!

Having used quite a lot of her arts and skills, she had been hurt and already turned into a dragon to simplify matters.

Breathing out fire across the battlefield, she saw many of their enemies becoming ash and she stamped her huge claw down on several men before she turned back into her normal body and continued to fight.

 

Both mother and child enjoyed themselves immensely, Switch spent much time keeping his son safe and keeping an eye on Anonym. The General moved forward to the best of his adapted ability to take advantage of some of their attacks to strike his enemy hard and fast. The rest of the Murkcloud army were quite elated, even seeing some of their brothers fall to their enemy’s hand, they continued with enough spirit and fire that confused the Parched Badlands army.

After Anonym had transformed to the huge dragon for the second time, and released a huge breath of fire, their numbers had certainly dwindled to become less than that of Murkcloud army and all of them were already cheering in their hearts.

The other black dragons came in at Anonym’s dragon roar, and they too joined the fight. They dived down and clawed a few people, picked them up and threw them away and used their fire breath in an area that held a large amount of the Parched Badlands army.

The General of the Parched Badlands had been told to take Anonym hostage again, but now, they were all worried about getting out of this fight alive!

As their numbers continued to grow smaller and smaller, they all panicked and tried to run away, but the fire behind them held them in, like a cage.

Alex, mid-way through the fight, and full of blood on his little toddler body, called for his dragon pet and a grunting dragon came down unwillingly, and let Alex fly on tip of his back.

Switch was bewildered to see his son demand this of the dragon, that always wanted to roar at him with dislike!

But, he was sort of glad, he had been restlessly watching over him and now that Alex was off the ground, he let a sigh out and relaxed. Teleporting to the small black dragon, that Alex was on, he held his son, while watching the scene down below.

 

His beloved woman seemed like she was in a different world as she continued to trap and shapeshift to kill her enemies. She scratched out their eyes with eagle claws, bit at their necks with panther teeth, trapped them when she threw them away. One person was trapped with a foot, another with an arm, another with their bum, even one was trapped with their private parts! The funniest trap, making Switch chuckle, was trapped people amongst each other. Anonym must have worked very hard to have several traps connected by several people.

Her kills were still very different, as there were many types of ways she used to injure or kill someone. And as she continued to be creative and ruthless, she enjoyed herself immensely...

She even used the beautiful female to make them lose focus, and then go invisible when people were coming at her too hard.

Having gotten hurt in her leg, arm and chest, she was slowing down and felt like she needed to stop soon.

Transforming into the monstrous dragon, she let out a loud, piercing roar and all the black dragons swooped down upon the land and clawed or breathed out fire upon the enemies close to Anonym. Within a thirty-metre distance of the monstrous, black dragon there were no longer any living enemies and a path was opened up towards her allies.

Anonym really was happy!

Transforming back to her human self, she laughed contentedly and laid upon the ground, as the black dragons circled her in protection.

Flying in the sky, Switch was bewitched at the sight of his woman surrounded by black dragons, in the middle of a war and fire and dead bodies all around her…

It only took another thirty minutes to finish any others still alive in the Parched Badlands army and then cheers from everywhere broke loss.

With Alex in his arms, Switch teleported from the small, black dragon to Anonym, and sat on the ground next to her.

“Mummy!” Alex said, while running up to his mother and hugging her.

 

***

 

A full day went passed and finally they had cleaned up the whole area. The black dragons helped by burning all the enemy dead bodies and Presley flew any ally dead bodies back to their camp.

Anonym didn’t move until she was healed and then the family made their way back to camp, to endeavour in another gathering, where she drank until drunk!

Alex was taken by Switch to bathe and when they returned to Anonym, she could still see the little man holding onto the dagger and never letting it go.

Switch sighed and said, “Every time I take it off him, he cries.”

Anonym took the dagger off Alex and said, “Let him cry.”

Like a storm, Alex started to cry and wanted his dagger back but Anonym said no.

Unable to take his son’s unhappiness, Switch asked, “Should we give it back? He doesn’t hurt anyone.”

“Nope, there’s a time for fighting and a time for playing.”

Switch looked at Anonym blankly, is this what she normally thinks? Thinking back to when he’s known her, she only gets her weapons out when it’s time for fighting and absolutely agreed. “You’re right. Don’t give it back!”

He honestly didn’t want Alex to have the dagger in the first place but he had let things go totally out of his control and can’t take things back now.

Laughing, Anonym smiled at Switch and nodded.

Alex then tackled his mother and reached for the dagger, that was not too far from her side, and Anonym stood up in haste, holding the little man by his arms.

Switch watched while Alex flew his feet around and tried to get out of his mother’s grasp, “Dagger!”

“No.”

“Dagger!”

“Smack!”

“Dagger!”

Anonym let go of Alex with one hand and put him on the ground, then smacked his bum.

Alex was taken by surprise and then suddenly tears fell down his cheeks again and he held out a hand to his bum. He just stood there and cried while Anonym finally let him go and sat back down. “He’s tired.”

After Alex cried for two minutes, Anonym put out her hands and Alex climbed onto her lap and got comfortable.

Switch hadn’t really seen much of Anonym punishing Alex before and felt relived, he had thought his son had turned into a little brat for a while now…

 

Timothy hadn’t really done anything special this whole time!

He had watched the fight from a far and had only wanted to join in half way through, only to find that when he finally showed up to the battlefield, it was almost complete! Having never seen anything like this, he got scared all over again! Magic battles tended to only be a distance fight, never...So much blood!

Feeling a little like an outsider, he leisurely sat around Anonym and stayed relatively quiet.

But, after they had their gathering, Timothy found that he was wanted once again. Anonym and Switch both came to him and wondered if he was ready to attempt to continue their journey, of finding another like themselves, and Timothy happily said that he was ready whenever they were.

Without even saying goodbye to the Murkcloud army, Anonym only spoke to General Clish and they bid themselves farewell…Once again.

She had gotten her revenge and the war was over, nothing else made her want to stay longer…

The General was sad to see them go…Again…He always enjoyed Anonym’s and Switch’s company...And really wanted them to be the ones to explain to the Emperor about what happened.

He was really worried that the Emperor was going to be truly upset that they had totally destroyed the whole Parched Badlands army, when they weren’t supposed to…

But, none of that mattered to Anonym, she became the monstrous dragon, that dragons and people got on top of, and disappeared for the last time from the planet of Roneglaise…

 

***

 

 

4