Chapter 1
307 3 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

When my mother was still inside the womb of her mother, her father ran away leaving her mother all on her own. 

Grandmother was uneducated so all the jobs that she can get are not with good pay. The last job that she got was on construction, though she was a woman she was accepted because she begged for it by kneeling on the person who's in charge of the construction project which pitied her.

She died when a brick fell on her head. My mother was only 9 at that time.

My mother turned into an orphan and was put into an orphanage where she met my 18 years old father. 

My mother got pregnant at the age of 15. My father disappeared and left her because he was scared of the responsibility that he will have.

She was alone when she was pregnant, no one taught her how to raise a child correctly. She thought raising a child is the same as raising a pet. She thought that feeding me was good enough. So she worked hard to earn as much money as possible.

Whenever she goes outside, she doesn't dare to bring me with her for fear that something might happen to me.

During the ages of 1-5, all I can remember is the inside of our apartment, the view from the window, the television, and the face of my mother. 

The only person that I have ever talked with was my mother and since my mother is not always at the house, I rarely got the chance to talk.

When I was 6 years old, I started school. Everyone at school already had their group of friends from kindergarten. I didn't go to kindergarten so I don't know anyone. It was also my first time seeing so many people.

Everyone was so active and cheerful... I was confused about the way they interacted with each other.

My classmates call me grumpy, and the teachers told me to smile more for me to make friends. However, I don't see the point. They look stupid, they don't even understand the difference between an earthworm and a caterpillar. They didn't believe me when I told them that caterpillars will turn into butterflies.

Dolphins are not fishes, they are mammals.

Whenever I talk to them, they don't understand a thing. From that, I knew, I will never be 'friends' with any of them. 

I'm not interested in sports and prefer watching them play like they were inside the television. I was always imagining who in our class was the potential protagonist...

When I started to learn how to read, I discovered, instead of watching my classmates like they are in a movie, reading an actual story is more fun. For the first time, I understood the word 'happiness'.

Now I'm 15, a high school student.

Reading can make me happy. There's no best feeling in the world. Especially transmigration, rebirth, isekai, summoning, etc...  I love them and I'm very much obsessed with them.

I feel like the protagonist is just like me, they don't belong to that world. However, the time they start to fit into the world they are transported to, I also start to lose interest in reading and find another book to read.

I chuckled and continued reading 'The Summoned Lovely Saint'.

This story is clichè. 

It's about a girl who was summoned to a fantasy world and became their Saint to save the world.

Of course, along the way, some handsome guys fell for her and were devoted to her.

I sneer.

 The girl is playing with those guys' feelings but those guys are willing victims. So foolish.

Anyway, I continued reading.

In the end, the Demon King was defeated by the protagonist using the power of the 'holy light'.

The protagonist married the crown prince and became the crown princess.

Not long after, the king died, the former crown prince became a king and the protagonist became the queen.

Oh wait, the queen is still at the age of 16... it didn't even last a year that everything happened. I guess the Demon King is too weak?

It's so unrealistic for a thousand years old Demon King with his thousand-year-old subordinates to be defeated by a child in less than a year.

I put the book down. Such a ridiculous book and a bit offensive. Talented people dominate the world.

This book seems to say 'No matter how long you worked, you are nothing towards people with talent.' So sad. But maybe I'm just overreacting.

"You're not going home yet? Everyone went home already. Can we walk home together?" I looked at Yumi who was talking to me.

I looked around and noticed that we're the only people in the classroom. The sky is already colored orange. It's late in the afternoon.

I was so engrossed in reading and criticizing the book that I didn't notice the time.

I nodded. "Sure." There's no harm in walking together with her.

"Reading novels again, you sure do love them." She said with a smile.

"Yes." I packed my bag and walked out of the school with her.

Angelica, she's been my classmate for 8 years but this was the first time that we ever walked together even though we're neighbors.

When I was a kid, I used to think that she was a potential protagonist. She has the personality that can make a reverse harem. A cheerful, kind, and fluffy girl. She also has that cute face that draws people towards her. However, I don't want to be close to her, she's just too sunny for me. That's why many boys have a crush on her.

"The teacher scolded me for hours again for failing the test." Right, she's not that intelligent type of girl.

IQ is not what you need to become a protagonist but the ability to make people like you and be devoted to you.

I wonder why her friends are not around today. She's usually crowded with people, they even wait for her because she always falls into this kind of situation. What made today different?

Did they fight? Well, I guess it's not my business to care.

"I like this peaceful feeling, no one is arguing and no one is making things feel awkward." She dazedly said.

Something absolutely happened! But why is she making me hear these things? We're not close enough to talk about these kinds of problems.

I just ignored her while she's having her monologue.

"Look, there are so many stars." She pointed at the sky with a childish smile.

I frowned and looked up.

True, there are so many stars but... isn't it too early for so many stars to appear?

"Aahhhhh! Help!"

I heard Angelica panicked and I was shocked by what I saw.

There was a circle and there were weird formations inside the circle. 

"Renna, help me," she said. She was crying so hard and tried her best to reach me.

I hesitated because she was at the center of the circle. The only way for me to reach her is to get inside the circle but...what if I also get sucked too.

This circle reminds me of quicksand. If I go inside the circle there will be no escape.

Should I help? But what if people question me about her disappearance? Some people saw us walking out of the school together.

I need to stop thinking nonsense, I just need to pull her out.

I ran towards her and held her hand tightly. I tried my best to pull her out but she's stuck. She just continues to sink. No matter how much strength I use, it doesn't work.

It was not long when her whole body just sank. She completely disappeared.

I panicked and tried my best to get out of the circle. 

The circle shone brighter, I started to sink as if I was in the water with a heavy metal ball on my feet dragging me deeper.

I sank faster than Angelica.

7