Chapter 2
242 0 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"It succeeded!"

"I know that it was not the end of us!"

"We will have our advantage at last!"

"Praise our King!"

"Such a wise decision!"

"If they have succeeded in doing it then so will we! We are not inferior to them!"

I started to hear voices as if there were people who were cheering. 

It's so noisy. My head hurts.

I massage my head. Trying to clear my mind.

"Are you alright?" I looked at the boy in front of me with shock.

He lends me a hand and I dazedly accept it.

Where am I? 

I looked around. The place is dark and people are wearing black robes. Each of them is holding a staff.

This place is only lit using candles. The candles are arranged to form a circle and I'm at the center. There are also strange written formations. This circle has the same face as the one who sucked me and Angelica.

They seem to be happy because I can hear laughter. Then my attention went to the boy holding my hand.

He's looking at me with curious eyes.

I tried to look around. However, Angelica's not here. I'm the only one who's at the center. 

Does this mean we got separated?

I transferred my attention to the boy.

"Where is this place?" I asked. The first question went out of my mouth.

Everyone quieted down and they turned all their attention to me.

"You are at the..." He paused as if he was hesitating to tell me something. "...at my mansion." He continued. "You are summoned to help us."

I wanted to raise my eyebrows. 

He's obviously lying in the first part. This place might not be his mansion but somewhere else that a person will not want to go.

I frowned. "Help you?" 

Is this the same as the 'summoning' thing that I read in stories? 

"Yes, we need your help. Our kind is on the verge of extinction." He said with a pleading voice as if he was very desperate.

Wait, is their spokesperson this kid? Are they trying to win my sympathy through this kid? Making him beg for their sake? That's cheap but it won't work on me.

"As a leader, I'm pretty useless. Will you please help us?"

My frown deepened. This kid is their leader? Maybe this is the same as an inherited responsibility. Maybe this kid's parents died early and the parent's title fell on this kid. Gosh, what am I thinking? 

But... What's in it for me?

"Why would I?" I coldly asked.

Sorry, but I'm not a person who easily sympathizes with others.

I saw the boy panicked.

"I will give anything that's within my ability. Anything, anything at all, just help us." He was planning to kneel but I stopped him.

It's uncomfortable when someone tries to kneel in front of you. I feel like someone is proposing to me... I can only secretly laugh at my ridiculous thoughts.

"Anything?" I sneered at him.

"A-anything?" He seems to hesitate.

I chuckled. "Sure about that?"

"Yes." He slowly nodded.

"Then be my slave—"

"Outrageous! That's too much!" An old man's angry voice shouted.

I looked at the old man who just spoke. He's glaring at me. He pointed at me. "There a limitations to—"

"He said 'anything'. Anything can include this. You can't even keep your words, why would I even help you?" I said with a smirk.

I was just joking when I said about him being my slave. Well, I guess it was stupid of me to make this kind of joke in this kind of situation. This is the first time for me in this so I don't know what to do or how to react.

Let's just base our answer on the isekai novels that I've read. They always agree to help, right?

They always agree to save the world that they are put into without really knowing much details. They always end up with a towering treasure. 

"I agree." The boy replied with determination. 

"But your h—"

"Shut up! If sacrificing myself is the only way to give our species a chance for survival, then I'm willing to sacrifice myself." He looked down so all I can see is his violet hair. I can't see his expression.

They made me sound like a villain. Sigh, It's my fault anyway.

Is he angry? Is he sad?

"Will you help us?" He looked up at me with those cute puppy eyes. Surprisingly I don't see any anger. He is pleading just simply pleading without any hint of disdain. 

I wanted to back out with my word because I don't know how I could help. But it was only a 'help' anyway. What kind of 'help' is the problem. 

I tap my chin while thinking. "One question, are you human?"

"That..." He looked away as if he's guilty.

"You aren't, are you?" I smirked. "Sure, I'll help you." I pat his shoulder.

"But I gotta have some privileges."

Of course, I need to have some for them not to take advantage of me. Outsiders are usually not treated nicely. Unfortunately, I'm an outsider.

"What is it?" He looks nervous.

Is he scared that I will ask something extreme? I did ask something extreme earlier.

"I want people not to bother me. That's all." I tried to give a friendly smile, trying to give a good impression though I know it's already too late. I'm not sure if it will work though because I just requested something very offensive like asking their leader to be a slave. "Not so hard, is it?"

They seem to be extremely desperate to agree on something so outrageous as being a slave...

****

I took a deep breath. Remembering the words I said to them earlier. I regret it. I really regret it!

I should have told them to send me back but I said so many stupid things.

I let myself fall on the soft bed.

Now, I can't take back what I said. 

I should think about things clearly before making decisions. I'm stupid.

After I agreed to them. They gave me this very big classy bedroom.

Now thinking about it, the kid is also stupid. He just agreed to everything that I said. It's not very wise. Well, he is obviously just a kid. He doesn't have enough experience.

But why summon someone to help them? I have no powers, I'm just a normal person. I'm not even an adult yet. What made them so sure that I can help them.

That reminds me of the 'Saint' thing. Does that mean I'm a saint? Very unlikely, I don't have the trait to become a saint.

Angelica. She surely fits the description of a saint.

If Angelica is not here, does this mean... I laugh out loud... I think I just figured something out.

I laughed so hard that I started rolling on the bed. Damn it, God! If my theory is true then Angelica is there and this place is surely...interesting.

The place where Demons live.

7