Chapter 3
186 0 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I'm not sure if this is the demon world. They all look like humans. The maids that attend me look human, the officials that greeted me look human. Everyone looks human but I got this feeling that they are not what they seem to be. I trust my instincts.

They might be hiding their true identity so I would not be scared of them. How considerate...

I'm human and they must believe that all humans hate demons and that they are born to fight each other. 

Surprisingly, none of the servants showed any kind of negative emotions towards me, they all acted normal.

I thought it will be hard to get along with them and I will end up being isolate. Demons who hate humans will try to assassinate me...none of those things happened, instead, I lived a life of a lazy person whose only job is to eat and sleep.

The kid never showed up. No one informed me of the things I must do. I'm starting to feel like they had forgotten about me. I've been here for a week already. I'm so bored.

There are no windows in this room. I haven't gone out of this room since I entered it for the very first time.

Few people visited me at first and introduce themselves as officials or something like that...then that was it. 

The servants only show up whenever I need to eat and take a bath to bring me clothes.

I lay down on my bed thinking how stupid I am.

If I'm bored then go out. They didn't say anything about me going out. No one is even guarding the door. 

I'm not imprisoned, I subconsciously thought I was.

I laughed at my stupid and started to walk towards the door.

I slowly push it and peek outside. The hallway is a bit dark. Candles are used to brighten the way.

This place kinds of reminds me of European Mansion or Palace.

There's also an expensive-looking red carpet.

There's no one around and it's so quiet. The only thing that I can hear are my footsteps.

***

I've been walking for a while now but I still haven't seen anyone, I haven't seen any other rooms too. 

How far is my room from other places?

I looked at a bit titled candle and frowned... I think I have seen that candle earlier.

What's the meaning of this? Loophole? Is this the reason why one visited me? Because they were stopped by it?

But what about the servants? They go to my room at the usual time.

I just continued walking. As expected, I saw my room. I went inside and lay on my bed and looked up at the ceiling trying to stop thinking.

I heard a knock on my door and frowned. 

Maybe it's time to eat.

I opened the door and raised my eyebrows.

"Come in." I widely open the door and looked at the boy without emotions.

"Y-yes." He blushes and slowly walked inside.

I sat on my bed and then turned my attention to him.

"Are you sure you didn't make a mistake?" I coldly asked. 

"W-what mistake?"

"Summoning me here. You said you need my help but the way you are treating me seems...not quite right."

"That's—"

"Be honest with me, what do you plan to do with me?"

"I-it's just, it's not the right time yet."

"What do you mean? Let me guess, I was illegally summoned and my existence is putting you in a complicated situation."

"NO! That's not it!"

"Then what it is? Is it because you are hiding me from danger? Is someone planning to kill me?"

"No, that's not the reason."

"Then was is it? There is a limit to my patience, you know?" 

"It's just..."

"Just what?"

He looked down and hold his hands together.

"I don't know what to do."

"What?"

"I told them to summon you! I thought that you can also reverse our situation like what they did!"

"Is the 'they' the enemy?"

"Yes."

"Are the 'they' the humans?"

"W-what?" He looked at me with panic and fear in his eyes.

"No need to hide it from me. I know, demons, right? I'm the demons' territory. As someone who can make decisions such as 'Summoning someone from another world' , you must be from a very high rank. Maybe the Demon King?" I  mysteriously smiled at them.

"How—"

"As a reader, this setting is too cliché."

The best part of Detective Stories is revealing the culprit. It feels good to be right.

"R-reader?"

"Stop stuttering it's starting to annoy me."

"S-sorry."

I rolled my eyes at him.

"How did you know?"

"You gave me a boring response, I was expecting for some excite me like, denying it until I see it with my own eyes. You have no creativity."

"I don't understand."

"Understandable, no one understands me anyway. Oh, I'm not pitying myself, I'm just casually saying it."

"I'm sorry."

"No need to say sorry, are you going to keep me here until you finally thought of any use for me?"

"Don't worry I'll think of something as fast as possible."

"No need to hurry things up, just bring me books to read. I'm so bored, it puts me in a bad mood. You will not like when I explode."

"It's no problem. I'll let the servants deliver you some interesting books to read. I will make sure you make you feel comfortable."

"You better be, you put me to this place, you are responsible for me." I lay on the bed and closed my eyes. "I'll go to sleep, good night."

"It's still afternoon."

"Then good afternoon." 

"S-so you agree?"

"Sure."

***

When I woke up, I saw a pile of books.

I stared at it for a bit and took a sigh.

I thought coming here will be very interesting but I guess I need to wait.

I looked at the book at the top.

"The Summoned Saint, Queen Angelica."

Huh, Queen Angelica? Is she the same Angelica that I know? It would really be funny if she is.

Angelica? Queen? She can't even pass a test! Can she do things right as a queen? She's a girl who only knows how to play!

I laughed out loud. Damn it's the first in my entire life to laugh this hard.

I keep rolling in the bed and then I fell to the ground.

"Ah! Hahaha!"

I didn't expect that! I thought she will just work together with humans. I never thought she will become their Queen!

Now that I think about it. How is living in this world that it would be enough to write a thick biography about her? 

Didn't we got summoned at the same time? Well, she was the first to get here. Maybe the flow of time is faster here than on Earth. 

I smirked. I guess you don't need a smart queen when you got servants and subordinates.

Angelica is an active girl. Can she really behave like a queen?

Wait— Is she married?! But she's still 15!

6