Chapter 5
127 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Finally, I was able to go out of that dark place.

I looked at the sunny sky and green trees. The small birds flying everywhere. The sweet fresh air.

It feels like a peaceful place.

I imagined the demon territory to be the same as the novel where it's dark as nighttime, the moon is red, there are bats everywhere, the houses and buildings are black, etc. 

I guess fiction is different from reality.

The walls are colored white with some golden details. It gives me the feeling that I'm walking in a very luxurious place.

"Is this the palace?" I curiously asked.

"Yes, but this is a part where no one is allowed to go."

"Why?"

"B-because—"

"Of me." I finished his sentence.

"N-no, it's the former demon queen's courtyard. B-but when she died,  my f-father forbade the people from c-coming to this p-place."

"Is that so..."

He paused for a bit and then looked down. "Yes." Then continue walking.

Why does he like looking down so much?

In stories, people usually bow their heads to hide their emotions. When you bow your head,  this means you are hiding your eyes. You can tell what the person feels by looking at their eyes. I can't say the eyes can always be trustworthy. 

The actors and actresses can even fake emotions. They can show was ever emotions they want to show. I'm not talking about the people who you see on televisions, I'm talking about people who are deep schemers. They live to deceive others and their acting skills have already reached perfection that they can even put the film emperor to shame.

While we were walking, I started to think about a bunch of stuff.

What and how am I going to teach this kid?

As a person who never had a close friend before. I never thought in my entire life that I will be someone's 'teacher'.

I don't like teaching, I kind of hate that profession because of my experience. Teachers have left me with a very bad impression. I'm not saying that all of them are bad, I just haven't met a good one.

I tried to erase my thoughts and just focus my attention on the surroundings.

We haven't met a single soul and all the things that I can hear are our footsteps, the twitting of the birds, and the wind hitting the leaves of the trees.

It's peaceful. I usually get this feeling when I go to the countryside.

***

The ray of the sun hit my face which woke me up.

Right, I'm not in the darkroom anymore.

I should have closed the window curtain yesterday but it's already too late. I'm already awake.

I was admiring the moon and the stars. There night is absolutely beautiful, breathtaking. There are so many stars and the moon is so big.

I covered my mouth and yawn.

I absentminded look around and looked at the servant with a tray full of food in her hands.

He's the same servant who served me while I was in the darkroom. I guess he will the same person who will serve me now that I'm out.

It's different today. He usually just leave the food on the table and leave without even glancing at me but now, he's standing there waiting for me to wake up to eat the food.

Now that I think about it, the things that are in here and their position are the same. It looks identical to the darkroom except for the window.

The room gives me a familiar but at the same time, it is not.

"Put that on the table and get out." I monotonously said.

Did I sound rude? I'll do better next time.

He put the tray on the table, bow and then went out.

I frowned. 

I'm not used to the way he's treating me right now, it gives me a very uncomfortable feeling.

He usually just pretend I don't exist. Not that I have any complaints about that, I think I like it more when he ignores me because I don't need to say anything to him.

I absentmindedly ate my breakfast, take a bath and then wear the clothes that are prepared for me.

I took a deep breath. I sat on a chair and started reading the book that's on the table.

It's so boring. I took a sigh and transferred my attention outside the window.

The kid told me to stay put in the room and don't let anyone see me. No one knows that I'm out and it might cause an unnecessary debate on the court.

How am I going to help him when I'm not even allowed to be seen or go out? He should have thought of that before convincing me to be his teacher.

Well, what do I expect from a kid...

The people who already know that I'm out of the darkroom are the kid and the servant.

Now that I think about it, I haven't asked the kid what his name is and I also haven't told him my name. This is very hilarious and very stupid in both our parts.

We keep making decisions together and him sharing his grievances with me but there is one thing that we have forgotten and that is knowing the name of each other. 

Are we still considered strangers or are we already acquaintances? I don't dare think of him as a friend. Even though I don't treat him as one, he is still the Demon King.

I took a sigh and open the book again.

This is about "The Allied Kingdoms and Their Agreements."

The Kingdom where Angelica lives is called the Regina Kingdom.

All the kingdoms allied to eliminate the demons and their leader, the demon king.

The center of the alliance is the Regina Kingdom.

All the kingdoms that have entered the alliance signed a contract to contribute weapons and soldiers to the elimination of the demon species.

Of course, the alliance succeeded in their plan. Well, it was not 100% though. There are still existing demons here.

The book was very detailed about the process of the alliance, their debates, and how they finally choose a perfect plan. 

The author of the book must be one of those people who were present during the planning. The battle was not very detailed so maybe he/she is not a soldier or person who did not go to the frontline.

What caught my attention is the paragraph: "Saint Angelica gave us courage and strength that's why we achieved what we have achieved today. We must all thank her and devoted our lives to her..."

I almost threw the book when I read the cringed lines.

Devoted your lives to her just because she gave you courage and strength? How exactly did she do that? It was not stated in the book!

Her name is not on the name list of strategists and generals. I feel sorry for those people who worked hard for those kingdoms who only have the Saint in their eyes!

I wonder if all the authors who write things about Angelica have delusional problems. Do they even see Angelica as Angelica or they only see the Saint in the body of Angelica?

Now that I think about it... I feel a bit sorry for her.

This didn't state how Angelica used her holy light so I don't have any idea how she does it.

Does her holy light is like as you see on mangas like it light like a bulb or maybe in something else? This is a different world so some of their logic is bound to be different. 

By the way, how did she kill the demon king? The book didn't state about her going on the battle.

I must read more books to understand. 

I took a sigh, my head hurts.

4