Chapter 6
112 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I'm so bored though I'm reading something that makes my headache. I feel like I want to stop reading these stupid books but I know I need to continue even if it kills some of my brain cells.

What am I doing with my life?

My lifestyle in the darkroom and here are still the same. The only difference is there's a window that shows a view of the mountains.

I'm on the fourth floor so the view is quite high.

I took a sigh. I'm working so hard learning things about this word and these fanatic authors are making my hard life harder! 

Well, I'm more uncomfortable when I felt like I know nothing, I don't want to feel ignorant!

I'm been reading books since I got to this world and haven't really experienced anything exciting at all.

I put down the book at the same time I heard a knock on the door.

"May I come in?" I frowned.

The voice doesn't sound like the servant who usually serves me.

The person sounds like a man.

Should I answer? Did the kid send him or maybe the kid doesn't have any knowledge that this man came to this place? If so, how did the man know I'm in this place?

I tried to think of the best action to do and finally decided to stay silent.

The door is locked so the person outside can't open it.

If he finds out that no one is answering he might go away.

Damn it! The kid didn't inform me anything about this.

I just stared at the door, waiting for anything to happen.

If anything happens, I need to prepare myself and think of a way to make things favorable on my part.

I waited for a while but the person seems to have gone away.

I was about to take a sigh of relief when I heard another knock.

"Is there anyone there?" It was a different person. This voice belongs to a girl.

I still didn't answer

Is there more than one person outside the door? I'm starting to have a bad feeling about this.

I looked everywhere for a place to hide in case they try to force their way in.

The closet is an obvious hiding place, under the bed is not good too. What should I do? Where should I hide? 

I tried to think that it's starting to give me a headache.

I massaged my head and my attention went to the window. 

I giggled. 

It's stupid for me to even think about jumping out the window.

The knocking on the door became so loud that I think they are trying to break it.

I tried to calm myself down.

Right, I can do that. However, there is a very low chance for it to work.

I positioned myself beside the door and waited for it to be open. When it did, I was already hiding behind the door.

"What? I thought the human was here! We should have brought Theo so that he can smell if a person has stayed in this room!" I heard a man started to complain.

It was the same voice earlier.

I was right! They are not sent here by the kid! My instinct is as accurate as always.

I tried to minimize my breathing and didn't move so they won't find me.

"You don't need Theo to know if someone stayed here. Look at these piles of books! There so many of them, some are even scattered all around! Only a blind person will think that no one is staying here." It was a woman who's talking this time.

I wanted to laugh but instead bit my lip so the won't go burst out.

I'm quite surprised at myself, I even have the nerve to laugh at this kind of situation.

The time I got to this place, I'm starting to feel the things I haven't before.

I didn't think I'm this daring. I talk back at the Demon King without any fear, have the patience to read stupid books that makes my headache, and laugh at a dangerous situation.

Am I still right on my head? They said that crazy people don't know they are crazy which means I am not crazy.

I heard footsteps. Maybe they are exploring the entire room. All I can do now is guess there what they are doing.

I can feel the sweat on my forehead and my back. I can feel my heart beating so fast. I feel nervous at the same excitement.

Will they find me or will they not?

I feel like we're playing hide and seek. 

I haven't played it before but I have watched my classmates when I was a child play it. There are only two roles needed for the game, the person who hides and the seekers.

This is a real-life hide and seeks with real consequences which makes it more exciting!

If they ever caught me what will do to me? Will they kidnap me? Hold me hostage? Try to negotiate with me? Or will they kill me on the spot? I hope it is not the latter. 

I remember the quote: "Dangerous situations can make you feel alive!" 

This is the reason why some people like doing dangerous stans despite it might cost them their lives.

I licked my lip and clinched and open my sweaty hand repetitively.

If I ever survive, I seriously need to take a bath. I've sweat so much.

"Let's get out of here. Someone might find us out." I heard another person's voice which also seems to belong to a teenager.

They aren't very professional. If I were them, I would search every nook of the room. They didn't even stay in the room that long.

I heard their footsteps coming towards the door. I peeked at the people through the hole-line on the side of the door.

I was shocked to find out that there five people! None of them even thought of look behind the door!

Should I laugh at them or should I let out a sigh of relief? 

When I confirmed that they are gone. I waited for a while before slowly closing the door. I can't lock the door because it's already broken.

I let my body fall on my bed, cover my face with a pillow, and started laughing. I put my hand on my chest and feel the fast beating of my heart.

I laughed out loud the whole time until I fell asleep.

***

When I woke up, it was already nighttime.

"A-are you a-awake?" I looked at the kid.

He looked at me we worry and shame. "S-Sorry, I...they found about this."

I blankly looked at him. "I need to change a room. The door is broken."

"H-How did you e-escape?" He curiously asked.

"I hid behind the door. Those people don't seem to be smart." I chuckled while thinking about what happened earlier.

"You...Y-you amazing. N-No one would have thought of h-hiding b-behind the d-door." He took me with admiration.

"Seriously?" I raised my eyebrows not believing his words.

Whenever I watch my classmates play hide and seek, they do hide in every possible place including behind the doors. They hide in places they fit in.

If a child can think of hiding behind the door, why can't they?

My instinct is telling me that I need to stop overthinking things. I trust my instinct and cleared my mind.

4