Chapter 7
112 0 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Do you know those people?" I asked.

"N-no... Y-yes?" 

"Do you know them or do you not? Which is it?"

"I...I don't the p-people w-who came h-here but I-I do know that t-they the people w-who are a-against w-with m-me."

"Against you? Aren't you the Demon King?"

"Y-yes, I-I am the D-Demon K-King but not e-everyone think its the r-right time for m-me." He looks dejected and sad.

I looked at the kid carefully.

Well, I do agree with them a bit. This kid is lacking when it comes to experience and decision-making. However...

"I don't believe such as a thing as 'right time'. I think those are just their reasons for them to control the crown."

He looked up at me as if he wants me to continue.

"Ehem. I mean, isn't it good that you get exposed to this kind of thing? Slowly you are learning that sitting on the throne is not all that sweet. You will know that there are people who disagree with you, will scheme at you, and also know that there are also loyal people."

I pat his shoulders.

I can't believe I'm comforting someone. Another new experience! I didn't even know I'm capable of comforting someone!

I want to laugh but I don't think it's appropriate to laugh at a time like this.

"You just need to continue to prove to them that they are wrong! This is the 'right' time for you."

"But I made a lot of bad decisions. I even know for myself that I'm stupid! I've even ended up locking you here because I didn't think things through." I frowned because it looks like he's about to cry. 

"That's why you need experience! You can gain experience by experiencing it for yourself. However, you can't do the learning all by yourself, you need an advisor. Someone with experience and some you can trust."

"An advisor?"

"Yes, someone that will guide you and let you understand the things that you can't understand."

I watched a movie about a queen who was still a child. She was still at the age of 13 when her parents died in an unfortunate accident. As the only child, she inherited the crown.

When the child is believed to be incapable of ruling, an advisor is installed, her uncle. An advisor will make the decisions for her and also tell her the reason behind the decision made.

The queen grew up to an intelligent ruler. However, she was the last ruler of her family. She might have grown up as a capable ruler but she is also very suspicious of everyone around her.

Her advisor was someone she thought she could trust. Well, he was loyal to her at first but behind her back, he was doing things that were considered to be cruel. He sells poor people as slaves. 

She didn't mind that at all. Her advisor never thought to her about how inhumane it is to sell people so she never thought it was wrong.

As she was getting closer to her right age for ruling, the advisor doesn't want to let go of the power that he has and planned to make her marry him.

Along the way the there was a lot of scheming and deaths. She won and executed her advisor and the people who helped him.

Her experience with her advisor left a psychological shadow. She doesn't trust anyone or she can't bring herself to trust anyone. She always thinks that all they want is the crown. She must protect the crown not letting it get in anyone's hands. She ended being single.

She was the first virgin queen and also the first queen who maintain her single status.

On her death day, many people surrounded her, waiting for her to tell the name of the next ruler, however before she could say a single name, she was out of breath and ended up dying without any heir. Her last feeling was regret.

The people who had a high status ended up dividing the kingdom and fighting with each other. They were always at war that destroyed the whole kingdom.

I didn't understand their reasons at that time. But slowly as I continue reading other stories I have reached my conclusions.

The advisor must have wanted the power that the crown will give to him.

The queen must only have a sense of responsibility.

However, they might not be their reasons. There are deeper stories to everything than what meets the eye.

It was a laughable story.

Of course, I won't scare the kid about the story. However, having an advisor is a good thing. 

If no one taught him, even though we say that he can earn his experience and learn something from it, it will take a lot of time than necessary. 

Like math teachers teaching their students how to do the math. A child was taught how to count. 

Even without a teacher, they will figure out how to count in their way but it will take longer than necessary. However, if there is a teacher, the teacher will tell them directly how to do it, what problem they must figure out and how to solve them. 

Well, it depends on the luck of this kid. If he finds a good advisor or an advisor who will take advantage of him.

I smirk at the kid and teasingly said, "I thought all the demons follow the word of the Demon King without a question."

"W-What?"

"I guess the demons and the humans are all the same. There are loyal subordinates and traitors."

"T-Traitors?"

"They look down on you. They thought you are incapable and tried to replace you with a reason of 'not the right time'. If they aren't traitors then what are they?"

"I—"

"You must fix that naivety of yours. A capable ruler must always be vigilant and will never let anyone take advantage of them, don't you agree?"

"H-How about y-you become m-my—"

"No, no, no! That's not right. You must choose someone who knows about the kingdom and its people. I'm a foreigner, an alien. I haven't even seen a single strand of the kingdom you are ruling. I am not suitable. Find someone else."

"O-Okay. T-Thank you."

I pat his head. "You can do it."

5