Chapter 16
260 1 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Kabanata 16

The picture glided into the air but Keenan kept reaching out, there was only one thing that he put the importance of, this picture. The picture of him and Lexa smiling waving their hands on the camera. This may be a simple memory but for Keenan, it was his everything, Lexa gave him the reason to keep living when his parents died. Since the first time he met her, he promised himself that she must protect her. Keenan was in love with her but he was too young to understand it when he was a child.

However, this time, he knew his feelings. Even now, her smile was still lingering in his mind. She was the reason why Keenan struggled to live and he didn't regret it. Keenan's expression while reaching for the picture was desperate, he was desperate to get his only treasure. His head was hung up as he kept looking at the gliding picture.

The picture started to get higher, Keenan recalled that he actually had others Hands. He generate his power and a pair of Hands came out of his back. The Hands drifted stretching to get the picture. Keenan was anxious, his heart was pounding. It was just a picture but it affected him so much.

Fortunately, the Hands caught the picture before it flew away. Keenan called back his Hands, he snatched the picture and stared at it intently. He was looking if the picture was fine or not, his hands trembled as he couldn't control his emotions. He sighed in relief when he found that the picture was alright. Tears started falling from his eyes, he grunted and smack his chest.

"I'm sorry, I'm a weak man…"

He cried because of the humiliation. He promised that he must live, he promised that he would escape this place and find her. Keenan hit his chest, he was pathetic. He almost forgot that he had promised that he protects. He put the picture in his pocket, he wiped the tears out of his face. He inhaled deeply and started to calm his mind, he closed his eyes and soothe his erratic heart.

"Right… I can do this. Just because one of my friends died doesn't mean that all of them are dead."

Keenan blew his snot and analyzed his situation. Now that he confirmed that Roman was here, then there was a strong chance that his teammates were around the place.

"And… and in case that all of them died, then I must because strong and persevere. I must bring their dog tags to their families."

Keenan nodded, he tapped his chest and chuckled grimly. His feelings affected his mind, perhaps he had to train his mind again.

"With just seeing one of my friends dead, I already want to die. Keenan, you already experienced this a lot of times, you have to be tough and overcome this just like in the past. "

His profession led him to meet many people and it led him to meet numerous deaths too. Sometimes, or rather most of the time, he was the one who did the killing.

"Don't lose hope. As long as you're not giving up, you will overcome this. "

Keenan looked at the sky, the blue sky was shining upon him. The warmth that it gave him was different, Keenan felt like the sky was giving him the courage to trudge in this wasteland. Keenan curled his lips up, he regained his will to fight. 

"Despite being in the Netherworld, the sky is still the same- calming."

Keenan wiped his eyes again, rubbed his hands on his face, and slapped himself twice. His palms were imprinted on his cheeks and Keenan yelled loudly.

"I can do this!"

From now on, the hot sun was not affecting him. Instead, the sun was giving him the strength to continue.

"Thank you, Lexa. You save me again."

He whispered in the air, his voice was firm yet sweet. Keenan clenched his fists and started striving in the desert. Roman's ring was glinting, supporting Keenan to proceed.

Although because of the yell that he did, few Nightmares came at him. They were thirsty for blood, the four beasts charged at him and showed their fangs. But a powerful branch stopped them from getting near. One of Keenan's invisible Hands wrapped them before they could reach him. He squeezed the four and the sounds of bones popping resounded. The beasts wailed as their bodies were being squashed.

He activated his Arma.

Keenan didn't give them any chance to call for help, his blade aimed at their heads and stabbed them. He twisted his blade and destroyed them inside. They were strong but something was different about Keenan, he was better now. He coped with the bizarre crisis that was happening around him, Keenan awakened his unparallel focus.

He activated his second Skill.

[2nd Skill: Concentrate Draw: a one-hit technique focused on killing the enemy, makes the blade sharper to easily cut tough defense]

Keenan swung his weapon and cut their heads in one swoop, his body was at its top.

He just realized that he must survive and meet her. For the others, his motivation was childish. But for Keenan, this was a heavy reason.

He released the dead bodies and they flopped on the ground, their ink-like blood flooded hydrating the dried land. Keenan swiveled his blade to wipe out the blood, they splashed around but Keenan only looked at the monsters. His arm returned to normal and he started his job. He folded his tattered sleeve and bent.

"Now that I have this unique ability, my chance of leaving this place is higher. My Hands are hard to notice and they can make a surprise attack, they even have a powerful grip. On top of that, they can protect me by wrapping them around me."

Keenan talked to himself to convince him that he could escape this place. The power that he recently gained would help him to survive, Keenan grabbed the N-cores and bite them. The crystals cracked and he gulped them down, hot sensation erupted in his stomach. He was oblivious to what Hekatonkheires means but he gladly welcomed its ability. Keenan's pupils were focused on one thing, he opened his pouch and took three pieces of crystal. He must become stronger and as of now, the best way to do that was to eat N-cores. This was the direct way to ensure his survival, to become stronger.

10