Chapter 22
232 1 13
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Kabanata 22

"Captain, I think we received a distress signal."

A woman with shoulder-length red hair looked at the Captain waiting for her response. A distress signal was already obvious, this meant that someone was asking for help. Just like her, the other people looked at the Captian. They were mercenaries traveling to get specific materials and they picked up the distress signal as they traveled. 

The Captain who had long brunette hair and had an eye patch on her left eye stared at the operator. She had a scar on her face- on the left cheek, but it was greatly clear that she's a beauty, a sexy ara-ara oneesan type. Her glaring gaze was feverish and her visible abs could make any man beg to lick it. She was wearing a shorts and tank top although it only covered her breasts. In conclusion, she's hot!

"Give me the message."

The Captain nodded and asked for the message.

"Captain it only said that he or she needs help and he will give us rewards if we did help him. I think he or she is stranded."

The pilot said as her eyes narrowed while reading the message. The distress signal had a coded message but it was easy to understand what it means.

"Un, perhaps his or her ship was attacked by Nightmares..."

The pilot touched her chin and started thinking. Based on the simple message, maybe the person was rich and came from a prestigious clan...

'No, if he is from a clan it's obvious that he will have a Fragment that can save him or perhaps ask for help. People from big clans have that kind of Items... Or maybe...'

The Captain was skeptical about it.

"What do you think Captain?'

One of her underlings asked her, but instead of giving him an answer, the captain gave him a good punch in the face. The man lost his consciousness and fell to the floor, the others started laughing.

" Tch, did I give you permission to ask me?"

She had an expression like a person who stepped on shit. The people around her cackled as some of them slapped the fainted man to wake him. Some of them had jealous expressions but let's leave it like that. The Captain glared at them and they understood what she meant by this, they carried the sleeping yet smiling man out of her sight. 

She crossed her arms and returned her vision to her partner/pilot. 

"Shana? What do you think?"

Shana the operator scratched her head as she witnessed another one of her Handler's erratic ways of teaching. However, the most thing that still confused her was the mercenaries trying to annoy the Captain despite knowing that they would receive beatings. 

'I don't know why they keep doing this, are they M?' 

"What do you think? should we save this unknown man? Although I think there's a village of Veloce close to his location. Fufu, it will be fun if we encounter a Class-S or higher, I'm getting rusty!'

"..."

Shana smiled but deep in her mind, she was actually sweating. Her lips twitched a bit annoyed.

'Rusty my ass, we just killed a Class-SS yesterday.' She said in her mind.

"Yora, if this person is really important, It will not be bad to save him. Maybe we will get more rewards if we save this person."

Shana examined the coded message and thought positively. Besides, as Nightbreakers, they had rules that they must obey. One of the rules stated was to save comrades... as long as they can. 

'Anyway, nothing bad will happen to us since we have a strong Captain... Ah, right I'm her Bestia... I hope she will not work me too much this time.'

Shana exhaled, Captain Yora had a tendency of going crazy and she was affected by that since they had a strong resonance.

"Good, then we will go there and save the ass of this person!!'

Captain Yora made a decision and commanded her mercenaries. They started to change their direction.

.........

......

...

Keenan inhaled deeper as his blade was tainted with the black blood of the monsters he killed. Right now, he was surrounded by dead creatures. His Hands were wriggling just to make sure that no one would hurt him. He was sweating bucket but he knew that this battle was not finished.

" It's the middle of the night. I have to become tough, I still have hundreds of Nightmares to greet using my blade and Hands. "

He looked ahead or to be exact, he was looking at the sky. Since the time where he was almost kidnapped by a Uccelli, Keenan became observant of the dark sky. He knew that monsters would pop up over him and perhaps grabbed him with their sharp talons. 

"Although, the monsters that tried to snatched immediately died."

Before they could even touch him, his Hands yanked them and slammed them deep into the ground. He didn't show any mercy and make sure to kill them immediately. 

The most important reason why he was looking at the sky was that he was hoping to see a mobileship. He knew that it would be impossible to find a ship at nighttime but he was still hoping.

"Yeah right, I've been here for many days but I still can not find any ship even in the daytime."

Still, he was hoping... and at last, it seemed like his hope would be answered.  Although he had to overcome this big or rather a fast challenge. 

*Swoosh!*

Keenan's golden eyes immediately dilated and he raised his defense but it was still late. He flew and rolled onto the dirt, his shoulder was hit but thankfully it was not deep. He still saw his flesh splashing blood out, but Keenan didn't have the time to think about it because the Nightmare started running at him. 

Keenan covered his body with his Hekatonkheires Hands. He made sure that the monster won't reach his body. 

"Based on its speed, it's obvious that it's a Veloce... And it's noticeable that it's a Class-S or perhaps highe-"

He couldn't finish his word because the Veloce appeared right in front of him and slashed him. Its sharp claws reached his Hands and dug deeper, Keenan groaned. He felt the damage that his Hands underwent. 

His Hands were tough but it didn't mean that they were indestructible. His Hands were part of his body so it was apparent that he would feel the pain. 

And right now, this was his first time receiving pain from his Hands. It seemed like the monster had sharp claws that could penetrate even his defense. 

"I'm fuck up huh."

He grinned as his head was bleeding because of the injury he received from the crash. 

    

13