Chapter 23
279 6 11
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Kabanata 23

Class- S, this level is the turning point of a Nightmare and a Handler, specifically. When they reached this stage, their bodies would optimize and they will have the power to release Aura. It's a unique energy that could turn into a solid-state. This may sound weak but this Aura made the physical body to be ten times stronger and faster. Sometimes people called S of Class-S for the term Special. Because only a few people and monsters could reach it.

And right now, Keenan was facing a monster that could be a Class-S. At worst, maybe it was stronger than that. Keenan groaned as he raised his battered body. The monster's saliva landed on the ground, the Veloce was looking at him with the intent of devouring him. 

"So my Hands had a limit too, huh."

His Hands were tough and not easy to hurt, but the Veloce's claws were sharper and damaged the tough skin of his Hands. Now he was feeling the pain of his Hands, he felt like his limbs were bleeding and throbbing like crazy. 

Keenan wiped the blood on his face. He glanced at the Hands that only he could see. They were damaged, they were almost sliced. Fortunately, they were not completely cut and he could still move them. However, the pain was distracting him, and even thinking straight was tough. He knew that the Hands were part of his body so it was obvious that he would feel the pain. But he didn't know that it would be this agonizing. This was much worst when his blade was destroyed.

"Now, I understand why the Bestia take care of their bodies seriously, this really hurts."

He said but he didn't show any pain on his face, he was grinning like a madman. He wanted to show the Veloce that his attack didn't hurt him. His golden eyes stared at the creature, he was seriously concentrating. It would be bad if he lost his vision of the monster.

Veloces were fast and they had sharp claws that could shred a person to pieces. Keenan's reaction won't keep up with this creature but he didn't have a choice, he had to watch it intensively, or else he would die. He brushed up his dark hair that was tainted by his blood. His Hands were encircling him making sure that he was covered. He took a handful of N-cores in his pocket, he didn't care if he short circuit and explode.

"I will die anyway if that creature got me."

He raised his blade at the monster. The wounds that he received started closing. He was doing multitask right now, he was controlling the energy in his body while watching the monster.

The Veloce tilted its head, it didn't know why but it felt hard brick of stones when it tried to cut Keenan in half. It felt like something was protecting him, the Veloce knew that he sliced the hard thing but it didn't reach Keenan's flesh.

The monster glanced at its claws and noticed that they were shivering because of the impact earlier. The Veloce shook its claws, it didn't matter anyway. As long as he could kill this prey, then that unique sensation was not important.

As a Class-S, this Veloce had the ability to think. And right now, its mind was telling it that Keenan was a weak creature. Sure, he had that invisible something but the Veloce was confident that it could tear it apart.

The Veloce lowered its claws, it made a crouching pose. Its eyes starting glowing and it released an Aura around its legs. This would make his movement faster than before. This meant that the Veloce was serious and wanted to end this as soon as possible. Its mouth watered while imagining the delicious meat of a human.

The Veloce backed away and disappeared into the darkness. It merged in the dark and even Keenan was surprised. He thought the monster would face him head-on.

"Tch, I'm stupid. Class-S can think like a human. They are optimized, it seems like this Veloce plan to attack using a blindspot."

Keenan used his Hands, he covered his body but he left a space so that he could move in case something happened. He looked around the place, it was dark and he couldn't see well. Despite being here for a week, his eyes may have been adapted to the dark but he was not a completely nocturnal creature that had strong eyesight in the nighttime. His vision had limits, and as of now, this weakness was starting to show up.

"Shit, I can't see it-"

Swwoosh!!

Keenan jolted, he fell on his knees, a painful burning sensation attacked him. He looked up and saw that his Hands were sliced. Fortunately, they were not completely cut although they were dangling like branches that were thinly attached to the body. It was apparent that he could not move his Hands anymore. On top of that, he was feeling an agonizing pain because of an almost severed pair of Hands.

"Gahah!!"

He was kneeling on the ground because the pain was too much to endure. And worst of that, the Veloce was coming.

The Veloce who was using its Aura was coming towards him. Its eyes looked dangerous, impending Keenan's death. Keenan's face was contorting in pain. He was sweating a bucket, his physical body was not touched but he felt excruciating pain that was killing him like crazy.

"Aaaaaahhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!"

He screamed like a madman, he raised his weapon and waved his blade. He parried the attack, both his blade and the claw created a spark. Keenan felt like his left shoulder was dislocated. Then, he flew right into the mobile ship and blasted.

He crashed inside the mobile ship and his ribs cracked. Keenan coughed blood when he slammed to the metal sheet.

"Gah!"

For a moment he lost his consciousness. He thought he saw his life flashing in his head. He weakly opened his eyes and found that he was inside the mobile ship and he saw a hole in the wall.

"Gah!"

His throat was filled with blood. He wanted to speak but he couldn't. He lifted his head and he was surprised when he found that his legs were missing.

'Huh?' He thought.

He was confused, if his legs were gone then why didn't he feel any pain? In fact, he couldn't feel anything. Even his vision was starting to get dark. He was slowly succumbing to rest, the eternal rest.

The pouch of N-cores that he left in the mobile ship before he was kidnapped by the Crow-type Zviera rolled on the floor.

"… Ah, I remember. I actually left a pouch in case something happened… Too bad I don't need it anymore. "

11