Chapter 28
284 3 14
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Kabanata 28

"Are you ready to go?"

"Yeah, I am."

Keenan said with conviction. It was time to say goodbye to this fucking wasteland. He didn't feel any regret leaving this place. Except for the grave of his friends, he didn't have any special attachment to this hell hole. He won't even miss it, fuck this wasteland and all the Nightmares living here. Fuck them all!

"Good, fufu, although I have to tell you that we will do some detour. And by the way, can we recover any things from your mobileship. You know, maybe the engine and important stuff."

She twirled her brown chestnut hair as she looked at him, she looked flirting but she won't take no for an answer. The mobile ship is too much to leave here, instead, it would be better if they take every stuff that can be used.

Keenan sighed and nodded.

"Go ahead, I know that you will take it anyway even if I disagree."

"Cool, hear that Shana? Send our men and check the ship."

Captain Yora was grinning as she talked to Shana. 

[Roger that Captain.]

The entrance of their ship opened and Keenan saw 17 men jumping down. He hid his emotions but he was shocked on the inside. 

'They are strong… the lowest is Class-A."

He deduced their power just by a glance. When he turned around, he realized that Captain Yora was smirking as she looked at him. 

"Fufu, so you can determine their powers by just a glance. I like that, I guess you experienced battles since your childhood to have that kind of ability."

"…"

Keenan didn't answer. 

"Hm, what are you a shy one, a bad one, or a silent one?"

She asked, biting her lip and scanning him up and down.

"You don't have to know."

"Aawww, well I guess I have to do it myself, using my hands."

She grabbed his shoulder, Keenan narrowed his eyes because of the sudden gesture. But he didn't have time to speak because Captain Yora jumped. 

She fucking jumped 50 meters high while grabbing his shoulder!!! Keenan felt like his shoulder almost ripped off. He wanted to curse but he kept it inside.

'This fucking woman, she's hard to deal with. Just like those crazy women in my last world, they will act cute and girly then a second passed and they will become Yanderes ready to stab you.'

Keenan felt his face being slapped by a strong gust of wind. It was just a couple of seconds but the pressure was strong and he grunted as he felt like his shoulder was dislocated. He gritted his teeth as they landed on the ship. 

Captain Yora dropped him and started clapping her hands to shake off the dust. Then she glanced at him and realized that Keenan looked hurt.

"Hm, are you okay?"

She smiled like an affectionate woman… but the truth was she intentionally dislocated his shoulder. She put her hands on her mouth and looked mortified. 

'Kuck! This fucker! Do you think I don't know what you did!? I have experience reading people's expressions. You are a witch!'

He kept the words in his mind and just shook his head. He can't make any mistakes and anger her. Perhaps she would drop him onto the ground if he made any complaint.

" I'm fine."

He waved his hand and decided to walk to the nearest pillar. He gritted his teeth and smashed his dislocated shoulder against the pillar to fix it! A crack sound echoed and he successfully aligned his shoulder. However, intense pain attacked him and he almost bled as he bit his teeth so hard. 

Captain Yora saw the whole scene and covered her mouth as she laughed so hard. She couldn't believe that this man had the guts to smash his shoulder to fix it. That's not how the way it works, he should be writhing in pain and begging her. Still, Captain Yora liked what she saw, she giggled so hard.

Keenan heard her stifled laugh and cursed her in his mind. He only knew her for dozens of hours but he already hated her. This woman is eccentric. This is the type that he dislikes the most. They were hard to understand and sometimes easy to understand.

'No, she's not eccentric, this woman is a sadist. A hard one.'

He swallowed the saliva that filled his mouth because of the pain. He breathed hard and the pain slowly vanished. 

Keenan acknowledged that his life here in the ship was going to be hard. He hoped that his glib tongue would work here. 

"Captain."

Keenan heard a female voice and his eyes dilated. He felt another massive Aura coming to them.

A group of people came out and greeted their Captain. Captain Yora waved her hand holding her laugh.

Shana who was her trusted partner came close and asked her. 

"What did you find?"

"Ah, I killed monsters, one Class-S but overall it was boring. Except for this man."

Captain Yora pointed at Keenan. Shana glanced at him, he studied the man and she felt nothing. He was a Class-B with no special features. He was handsome and had unique golden eyes, but that's it. 

'Is this the man who survived disintegration?' She asked. She looked at Yora asking her through gazes.

Shana narrowed her eyes but Yora just giggled. Shana knew that Yora found something interesting, she clicked her tongue in annoyance. She should have joined the fun. 

Shana thought that this was a normal rescue job. However, her partner Yora witnessed something unique. A man winning over the imminent death, Yora saw it with her very eyes.

She hated that she was not there to see it, she regretted it. She sighed and decided to talk to the young man instead. She knew that she won't get anything to Yora, that woman is hard to crack. 

She smiled and extended her hands to help Keenan.

"Are you okay?"

"!!!"

However, Keenan backed away. He looked like a cat that defensively looked at her. Keenan felt that he was going to be burned if Shana touched him. He could sense that Shana is a powerful creature, a super-strong Bestia. His intuition was kicking in. 

"What's wrong?" Shana was confused and tilted her head. 

Yora laughed at them. This was the first time that someone felt adverse towards Shana. Shana is a beautiful woman with shoulder-length red hair and sapphire-like eyes. She looked lovely and addicted to looking at. Yet, Keenan was afraid of her.

Shana flush and glared at Yora, this woman never changed. She always laughed whenever something good, bad, thrilling, funny, entertaining, exciting, or morbid happened. Shana couldn't believe that she spent 12 years of her life with this woman. 

"As my Handler, I fucking hate you," Shana said as her eyes glowed dangerously. 

"Fufufu, I know right."

14