Chapter 36
237 3 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Kabanata 36

"Your name?"

"Keenan Corragio."

"Age?"

"18"

He said as he watched how Shana opened a bottle of champagne. His expression didn't change, he was hiding that he was tempted by how the wine sprinkled on her dress, she is sexy I tell you.  

"Your School?"

"North Bridge-N-Academy"

"Oh, so you're from York New City?"

"Yes, I am."

Keenan didn't have a pause in his answer. Right now, Shana was interrogating him and asking about some personal information. However, Keenan knew that Shana would slowly ask him important questions.

"So you are from York New, huh…"

Shana twirled the glass of champagne as she thinks about something deep. Then, her eyes set on him again and asked. 

"Where do you live in York New? What district and street?"

"Hoso, Hattanman"

"Hm…"

She licked her lips and her eyes looked at him with deeper meaning, her lips caressed the great taste of champagne. She was trying to see if Keenan was lying or not. Based on what she could see, Keenan said everything right with no lies. Although she laughed at one thing.

"You are 18? So you are legal? Tsk tsk, Captain Yora won't hesitate now."

She didn't have any ounce of pity.

"Please don't speak anymore and just interrogate me?"

"Hoh? You prefer getting interrogated than talk about Yora, fufu, I can say that you have guts."

She giggled, she started to understand why Captain Yora was interested in him. 

"…"

"Okay okay, since you know what I'm doing, then I will ask you seriously now. Tell me, what happened to your ship? And don't try to lie, I can tell if you are lying or not."

"I expected as much."

"Then, go on."

Keenan took a deep breath and recalled what happened. The journey was actually smooth until a group of Crow-type Zvieras attacked their ship.

"We are on a mission for our last assignment to graduate. We are required to kill 100 Forza, 100 Tiratore, and 100 Zviera, all of them should be Class-B and higher. It took us three months to gather all of the N-cores and we delivered it to the designated location, the East Metropolis…"

Keenan paused and his eyes trembled as he recalled the incident. 

"After that, we are required to travel to North Metropolis and used their Portals to return to Thera…"

"But that didn't happen, right?"

Keenan looked at her and weakly nodded, then continued talking. He had a hoarse voice and it was obvious that it was hard for him to talk about it.

"We were attacked by Crow-type Zvieras, I was separated from the whole group and crushed into the wasteland… When I found the ship, it was already destroyed and my teammates are dead."

He swallowed and stopped talking. It was actually painful to remember that. He couldn't believe that last two weeks ago, his friends were still alive. It was fortunate that Keenan was stronger now, or else he might bawl and cry like a child.

"Just to make sure but, you know that this possibility will happen. Schools always say that Netherworld is a dangerous place and you may die at any moment. I'm sure your School said that you have to be cautious and beware of your surroundings because this world is filled with dangerous creatures."

Keenan made a strained smile and nodded. It was true, their School always remind them of the dangers of this world. On top of that, as a Nightbreaker, they knew that they may die in the expedition. They were ready and took the exam with the intention of killing and being killed. 

"I know that this is painful to you but I want you to tell me what happened when you are in the wasteland. How did you survive, that place is packed with monsters… I'm gonna be honest, a Class-B like you can't survive in that place."

Shana disregarded his feelings and went to the topic that she was curious to learn. She could sense that Keenan is just a Class-B, yet he survived in the wasteland for almost 8 days. It was an impossible feat, and only a few could do it. Even she would go crazy if she became stranded in that place. She wanted to know what Keenan did to survive. 

"I… I don't know."

Keenan chuckled but his voice was hoarse. His face was contorted in a depressed way as he stared at her. 

"All I remember is that I have to survive, I fought monsters when it's night and walked whenever the sun rises. I keep moving just to find a way to escape, I didn't sleep and just continue."

He said and looked straight at her. Shana's eyes weakly trembled as shivers sent down her spine. She acknowledged that Keenan was a crazy fellow with high survivability.

'Yup, this guy is definitely broken down into madness. He has future…'

She grinned and decided to continue asking him. 

"Show me your Partial Transformation."

Keenan didn't speak and just raised his left arm. Then suddenly, his arm crumbled into sands and shifted into a blade. Shana scanned the blade with serious eyes, she was trying to find if his blade was unique. 

'There are Arma that has powerful Skills even if they are lower Class. Perhaps, Keenan has a Skill that can fight strong monsters head-on.'

She inspected the blade and she didn't find anything special. Shana hid her disappointment but Keenan saw the changes in her face, but it quickly vanished in just a second. Deep inside, Keenan was smiling. He didn't have any intention of lying but it didn't mean that he would say everything. Keenan hid his secret well, Shana couldn't sense his Hekatonkheires. Because in the first place, that power was specialized in stealth. Keenan's Hands are hard to notice and he is the only one who can perceive it with 100% precision. 

'For now, I will follow what she says and show her that I'm weak.'

Shana coughed and asked him again. 

"Tell me about your Skills."

Keenan hid his smirk and started talking about his Skills. If Shana is experienced in reading people, so is he. 

"My first Skill is called Double Cut, I can cast a wound to the monster that I recently damaged. Snapping my fingers is the trigger."

Keenan knew that telling his Skills is not a good thing. They could use it to find his weakness. However, Keenan had another power so he was not exactly telling everything.

"What about the second?"

Shana further dug, she was trying to find the answer to how Keenan survived the wasteland. 

[I decided to play with the names of the places since I'm too lazy to think about the names.]

[You thought it was r-18 but you are wrong!!]

8