Chapter 44
183 0 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Kabanata 44

Captain Yora heard Shana but she just shrugged, she didn't have any reason to deny her. She loved fighting Nightmares when they were in their top form. Nightmares are nocturnal and their senses are fully awakened at night, this is the best time to fight them. Captain Yora loves exciting battles where she might lose her life, she is a bit suicidal. Perhaps she was missing someone. 

"What? You have a problem with my decision?" She licked her lips and stared at Keenan, having fun. 

"No, it's your choice, not mine."

Keenan didn't have any position to talk, he is just a passenger who hitchhiked and wanted to return to Thera. As long as the ship could take him to his home, then nothing matters. Heck, he didn't even care if Captain Yora died. Their relationship was shallow and they just met. He won't probably cry, nor be sad. 

"Why do I feel like your gazes are pitying me?"

"Nah, it's just your imagination."

"Don't worry, I won't die. If something happened to me, I will use Shana as a meat shield, right Shana?"

Captain Yora tugged Shana using her elbow and winked. Shana clicked her tongue, her answer and even her gesture were annoying. 

"I swear, if you try to do that again I will kill you myself."

"Why? You are undying."

"But it still hurts!"

Keenan didn't know what they mean but he just listened. He was anxious that the two leaders of this ship were bickering nonchalantly despite having a battle in just a few minutes. 

'Are they gonna be okay? They are going to fight a village of Veloce, wherein thousands of Veloce lives...'

He started thinking about the worst-case scenario. Keenan still has his Hands to protect him so he was not afraid of Nightmares. However, Class-S and higher are different beings, they could materialize their Auras and penetrate his Hands' defense. Keenan knew that he would die if he met another Class-S, just like last time. That Veloce was fast and he couldn't put a fight at all, it was a miracle that he was still alive now.

"Kid, don't be afraid."

Captain Yora tapped his head, Yora has a strong arm just by the muscles around her shoulder, yet her tap was comfortable. It was giving Keenan insurance that he didn't know where it came from. He raised his head and stared at Captain Yora, she was grinning and not afraid at all. She was confident, she could kill any monster that blocked her way. 

"… Don't treat me like I'm a child."

"Fufu, tsundere, huh."

"Heck, that's the last thing I want to hear."

Shana sighed and decided to get out first, her partner is eccentric. 

"Well then, we're going to head out. Make sure that you will watch us."

"Yeah, make sure you will not die. Your mercenaries will lose their Captain and chaos will definitely happen."

Captain Yora smirked and started walking, the way she walked was filled with confidence as if no one could stand equal against her. 

'Make sure that I can see everything, so that can devise my plan better.'

Keenan was not completely convinced. Unless Captain Yora and Shana are God-Class Nightbreakers, there's still a chance that they would die. God-Class are those who reached the top and attained unimaginable power. As of now, Keenan only knew few people who reached that standing. They were either Clan Leaders or high-positions in the Military.

………
……

The plan was 28 mercenaries would go down and slaughter the village. The others would wait in the ship and protect it in case something happened. 

Captain Yora and Shana were wearing their suits, these suits were built to protect them. It could absorb physical attacks and elements to a certain degree. They looked serious, yet it was obvious that they were excited. Pillaging a village could earn them a lot of money, especially the N-cores that they could get. 

"Let's hope that this village has hundreds of Class-S and other higher classes." Captain Yora stated. 

"You really want our team to suffer, huh."

"Fufu, but I know that you want it too. 
We didn't have any battle for two weeks, even the last one was boring."

Captain Yora smiled and Shana didn't deny it, Shana wanted to let loose too. She wanted to spread her wings and burn everything. She might hide the smile but her eyes were gleaming. 

"So let's do it!"

Their ship was getting close to the village and perhaps some of the high-class sensed them. But it was already too late, Captain Yora and Shana would destroy their land and take their N-cores and any materials that have value. 

"Yora."

"I know."

Captain Yora and nodded, Bestia and her Handler has an invisible connection that tied their souls. Their resonance would erupt because of the transformation. Full Transformation is impossible if the Handler doesn't agree. Because the Handler would take half of the burden of the transformation. In short, Shana needs Captain Yora's approval to become a full beast. 

"I, Yora Pirata, give thou Bestia, Shana Pheon, thy approval to use thy power to trample thy enemies."

"As expected, speaking that way is not suitable to you. Fucking cringe."

"You bet."

Shana looked at the village, her eyes glowed red. Her hair slowly burns and her body crumbled like fine sand. 

Then, she jumped from the ship. Her body started free-falling, her body became small particles until she fully disintegrated. Her particles circulated around her and fixed themselves, her appearance started to become a beast. A pair of burning wings materialized, her body is not a human at all. 

Shana became a Bestia, a legendary Bestia. The mythical bird, Phoenix. 

Shana spread her wings and started gliding down, then she flapped her wings and flew ahead of them. She was the first to attack the village, her silhouette looked like a shooting star in the night. Her appearance was majestic, yet her flame is the embodiment of eradication. With her flame, she could burn the village and roast everything to ashes. 

7