Chapter 48
166 0 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Kabanata 48

She sighed, it was exciting at first. The Veloce was proactive and moved stealthy, she put high regard towards the Nightmare. However, when she released a glimpse of her true power, the Veloce lost its fangs and became timid bullshit. It was pathetic, her expectations were thrown out of the window. 

'Tch, it was fun when I tried to find him using my normal senses. It was even fun when I made my choices using a coin, the uncertainty excites me… But the killjoy is none other than his loss of determination to live. Man, at least he tried to raise his arms and fight me, but he didn't!! He accepted his fate!! That's the most humiliating part!'

She was gritting her teeth, she was mad. Yora and Shana experienced a lot of near-death situations but they did their best to overcome them. They lost their comrades, their loved ones, and their families. Yet they didn't lose their hopes! They continued striving and became stronger. Now they reached the state that only a few people could reach. All of Nightbreakers dream of reaching the stage they acquired. 

Yora hated the Veloce because he let himself succumbed to fear. He lost his will, Yora hated those types of people. Even Keenan used his everything just to survive in the wasteland, he even withstood a disintegration. 

"You are pathetic."

Captain Yora glared at the trembling monster. He had talent based on the fact that he has Kakaiba, yet he immediately lost his will to live just because of a certain situation. He was a disgrace, the Veloce is not worthy of the Kakaiba. 

"Hmmp! Because you are pathetic, I will give you chance to live. However-"

Thwack!!

Captain Yora stabbed his chest and stole his N-core! She left his heart beating, Class-SSS has strong regeneration so the hole on his chest slowly closed. But the Veloce was in deep anguish as pain tortured him. Captain Yora took out his N-core but let him live. 

"Guaarggh!!"

The monster cried, tears slowly rolled down his face. The pain was killing him, losing his N-core meant a lot. N-core is like an energy source, it's an organ that sends energy throughout the body and makes a Nightmare stronger. N-core is the reason why Nightmares becomes stronger. In short, since the Veloce lost his N-core, he couldn't breakthrough anymore and he would remain as a Class-SSS till he died. He won't ever reach Godhood no matter how much he tried, he lost his ticket towards glory. He made a growling cry as he lost his strength and winced on the ground.

He lost his chance and became a miserable Class-SSS forever. It was a worthy ending for a coward like him. The Veloce raised his hands and tried his best to grab the N-core from Yora, but she kicked him and the monster rolled on the ground. He was covered with dirt and wriggled, the stinging pain was making him crazy. He cried and realized his mistake. However, he couldn't bring back the time and change his future. He should have done his best and fight her, at least he would have an honorable death. Now, the Veloce is just a Class-SSS with a Kakaiba, but he will never evolve unless he got his N-core back. 

His eyes looked at the night sky, the twinkling stars mesmerized him. Despite being comforted by the stars, the Veloce wailed and lost his composure. He stared at Yora with teary eyes and kneeled, he was begging her to return his N-core.

He knew that his action was pitiful, but he couldn't help it. He was desperate, he rubbed his face against the dirt and begged. He knew that humans are sympathetic and they would feel pity towards each other. The Veloce was hoping that Captain Yora would take pity on him and return his N-core. As a Nightmare with Kakaiba, his chances of reaching DemiGod were higher than the normal Class-SSS. He believed that he could reach it within four or five years, that was the reason why he built a village. He planned to start a kingdom of Veloce, but it seemed like his dream won't be able to come true. 

Captain Yora was looking at him with disgust in her eye, she couldn't accept that a strong creature like this would beg instead of fighting her head-on and steal the N-core. 

She was angry and the atmosphere slowly turned dark. The Veloce sensed the changes and instinctively shivered, every strand of his hair stood up. He froze and couldn't lift his head at all. He was afraid, the presence he sensed earlier that made him petrified returned. Captain Yora released her power!!!

Even the mercenaries around the village sensed her power and all of them decided to run. They immediately understood that Captain Yora would turn the village into smithereens. 

"Hoh, so you still choose the way of being pathetic."

Captain Yora was annoyed. No one could infuriate her like this. Even Keenan's decision of remaining as a virgin didn't annoy her like this. Her hair slowly elevates as she released her power, even the eye behind her eye patch was glowing bright red. This means that she was angry. She recognized that this monster will remain as a Class-SSS not because she stole his N-core but because that was his destiny from the beginning. 

'A human who chose to remain weak will remain weak. As long as you don't stand using your own feet, your knees will always be on the ground. The changes start with yourself, not with the environment… Am I right, Shana?'

She smiled but her smile brought shivers towards the people who sensed her hatred. 

"As a creature who's hungry for power, I will show you what it means to be a ______"

Her last word was unclear because of the Aura she released. Captain Yora's talent in controlling her Aura is above anyone. This is the key to why she became a…

"You will die witnessing my true power. Behold, Class-SSS, you are lucky to see my greatness."

Her tone was rough, her voice echoed like a true God. 

[Visit my Patreon if you want advanced chapters.]

7