Chapter 49
162 0 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Kabanata 49

Captain Yora looked dazzling, her hair fluttered by the power she released and her eyes were glowing, especially her left eye that was covered by an eye patch. It was hiding something dangerous that only Shana and Yora knew.

Captain Yora was grinning but it was obvious that she was not happy, she was mad. Mad towards the Class-SSS that was gifted with a unique power but coward and afraid of death. This Veloce didn't have the qualifications to have a Kakaiba. It was a disgrace. 

The Veloce was trembling, he couldn't help but be afraid. Yora is the embodiment of power. In fact, what he was seeing right now was a miracle. He couldn't believe it, he swallowed hard despite having a dried mouth. He looked up… He saw a silhouette of God behind Yora. No, it was not a silhouette, it was a manifestation of her Aura. If Keenan was here, he would definitely exclaim because Yora has a Susanoo! Her Aura could turn into a Susanoo! In short, she's has a sharingan and she's an Uchiha- cough, I'm just joking. Yora is not an Uchiha at all.

She could form her Aura into a giant.

"This is the real power of my Aura. I called this, God's Silhouette. However, this is just a portion of my power,  I'm still hiding my true form."

She grinned, showing her teeth.

The Veloce couldn't move at all. He was frozen, his feet stuck on the ground. He looked at the majestic scene before him, it was the last time he would see it. The moonlight slowly vanished as the giant Aura attacked him. A powerful swift of wind slammed against him as the giant moved its palm.

The Class-SSS Veloce flew and crashed into the ground, his body was in tatters and he lost his limbs. His head was bleeding and he was coughing blood. He didn't die, or to be exact, Captain Yora didn't kill him. 

"I keep my promise. I won't kill you, I want you to suffer living in the Netherworld. Do your best and survive, but you will never become stronger. You missed your chance to stand equal with me."

The silhouette disappeared and Captain Yora walked away. She wanted to show the monster his stupidity that's why she showed her true power. The power that he will never have. 

The Veloce coughed blood but he didn't die. He is a Class-SSS and he has a strong regeneration, his missing limbs slowly regenerate… But he was not happy at all.

………
……

In the midst of hell, a star slowly landed down the ground and transformed into a beautiful woman with shoulder-length red hair. Shana brushed her hair up and started walking towards Yora, she realized that Yora released her true power for a second. Shana knew that Yora won't release her power without any reason. Still, she knew that Yora was going to be fine. She didn't sense any creature that may endanger them. 

"Yora?"

Yora was grumpy as she killed a Veloce using her finger, she killed the monster with just a swipe of her finger. 

"What happened? Where is the Class-SSS?"

Shana could see that Yora was mad. She was sighing a lot, even when she killed monsters, she made long sighs. 

"Did you kill him?"

Shana asked. Then, suddenly she discerned that a strong monster escaped her trap. She immediately looked at Yora and glared at her. 

"Why did you let him leave? You know that Class-SSS is just one step closer to DemiGod, yet you let it escape? Are you insane? Yora that monster will be a threat in the future."

She was fuming in anger, she knew that Yora is eccentric and would do insane things but this was different. Letting a Class-SSS escape is a crime! 

"Sigh."

"Yora don't give me that sigh! Why did you let it escape?"

Shana almost burned her to crisp. Nah, Shana knew that she couldn't do that, Yora has a strong Aura and her flame won't reach her. On top of that, Yora is her partner so she has resistance against fire. Furthermore, she didn't have the heart to hurt her at all, Yora is her only family.

Yora glanced at her with teary eyes, she suddenly hugged Shana. Shana was shocked and lost herself for a second, the hug was unexpected. After realizing that she got angry because of a weak-ass Class-SSS, Shana inhaled and asked her calmly.

"Yora, are you okay?"

She asked about her wellbeing, they are family and she knew that Yora was sad about something. 

"… No, I just remembered the past."

"Is it about him?"

Yora didn't speak but she nodded her head, Yora was talking about the man in their past. The man who saved their lives and gave them chance to redeem themselves. 

"… It's okay, I'm here. If you are sad, we can talk about it."

"Hm, I know."

Shana smiled grimly. Her partner, Yora, has an eccentric way of thinking but she's still a human. 

'Decades past and you still think about him… Yora, I don't want you to be sad anymore. It's not a sin to forget him, no, I want you to forget him.'

Perhaps the reason why Yora remembered him was because of Keenan, they had similarities. 

'That child is the trigger, huh.'

Shana decided to ignore it and asked about the monster calmly. They had to kill it no matter what. 

"Yora, why did you let the monster escape?"

"Don't worry, that monster will not become stronger."

Yora showed the shining crystal in her hand, it was a golden crystal, shining like the sun. As expected, Class-SSS N-core is above that any. Shana nodded and instantly understood what she meant. However, there was still one thing that wasn't answer. 

"Then, why did you let it live. He's still a threat."

Captain Yora giggled as if the sadness earlier was fake.

"I said that I will never hurt him and I want to keep that promote."

"You… Do I look like a slave to you?"

Shana shrugged, she couldn't believe that Yora was using her now. 

"… Please."

Yora said with pouty lips.

"Don't look at me like that you sly bitch."

Shana was annoyed. 

"But you will do it right?"

"… Tch. Fine, I will do it."

Shana acknowledged that the Class-SSS is dangerous, it has to die. Yora promised that he will not kill the monster but Shana is not part of that promise. 

Shana transformed again. She's the only one who could chase the speedster Veloce. Her body crumbled and she became a Phoenix.

7