Chapter 50
157 0 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Kabanata 50

The Class-SSS was running so fast. As he ran, tears accumulated in his tear ducks and poured out of his eyes. He was frustrated, his ticket towards greatness was stolen. The worst part was that he couldn't retake it. Captain Yora is a strong Nightbreaker and even her Aura alone is formidable. 

That was the first time that the Class-SSS witnessed a physical embodiment of Aura. He was afraid and angry at the same time. He should have run and escaped the village before they come. It was already late and he knew that his regret won't bring back time. 

As he ran at his full speed, he started seeing that a towering wall of fire was burning ahead. The monster started losing his hope. Why? Because he could sense that the wall of fire was not an ordinary fire. 

He realized that there was no escape path at all. The Class-SSS Veloce reached the wall and saw his brethren, they were scorched to death. He realized that the flame bird who flew towards the village created a wall of fire to contain them. Based on hundreds of dead Veloces on the ground, it was obvious that no one escaped from the wall. 

'This fire is certainly from hell.'

The Veloce cursed. Now he understood why no one tried to stop him from running, because he couldn't escape no matter how much he tried. 

The huge wall encircled the whole village and there was no blindspot. The Veloce's death was already apparent. 

The Phoenix didn't charge at the village because she had another mission. Shana's job was to create an impressive wall of fire surrounding the village so that no monster could escape. So far, no Veloce has reached the other side without being burned. All of them died and no one successfully breakthrough. Her flame was above any fire, much stronger and faster to burn. 

The Class-SSS Veloce extended his hand, he wanted to know if he could endure the fire. First, he touched the blazing wall and he immediately yelped. His hand was quickly scorched, he grunted in pain. 

Still, he swallowed his anguish and decided to run faster. He had a strong regeneration and he didn't have a choice but to run. He would die if he stayed here anyway.

He moved back a few meters away. Then he dashed, he ran so fast and dashed towards the wall of fire. He successfully passed the wall but he was not left unscathed, he was groaning as his body was filled with fire. He was engulfed by fire, he cried and quickly rolled to the ground. 

The fire was too much to endure, even his regeneration was too weak to fight it. Instead, it became worst, his regeneration caused the fire to burn continuously. He was crying and he was a pity to look at. 

Still, he didn't stop and rolled his body against the ground, hoping that the fire would be extinguished. His prayer was answered and he successfully killed the fire, although he suffered doing so. 

He weakly stood and stared at the wall of fire, it was fortunate that he had a tough body and he was not incinerated. He decided to leave this place immediately, he didn't want to stay any longer in this hell hole. 

He dashed and ran with all of his strength, he didn't care if his body was aching. He had to leave. 

However. 

It was too late. 

The Veloce sensed a powerful creature rushing towards him. It was releasing a dreadful pressure that almost made him puke. The Class-SSS further acknowledge that he had to run. The Phoenix was going to kill him!! 

A magnificent bird flapped its wings and flew towards the Class-SSS. The bird was covered with golden flame yet she was not hurt at all. To be precise, she is flame itself, she's a never-dying flame. She is Shana, the one and only Phoenix. 

Shana saw that the Veloce was trying to get away, she was impressed that the Veloce had the guts to passed through the wall of fire that she created. On top of that, the Veloce was running fast despite being hurt. Well, it's a Veloce so it was obvious that it could run fast. 

But Shana was confident that she could reach the monster within just a second. The Veloce may be the fastest creature on land, but she's the fastest creature in the sky. 

The Veloce roared to frighten her but it was futile, a flimsy act with no backbone. No one would be afraid to face him. The Veloce understood that the Phoenix would reach him and he was definitely going to die.

Left with no choice, the Veloce used his Kakaiba. His dark skin changed into golden shades of color. He gained massive strength and defense. On top of that, since he is a Veloce, he is still faster. He didn't have a choice but to go with frontal assault and find a chance to escape. He knew that he couldn't kill this Bestia, his intuition was telling him that she is unkillable. 

He raised his sharp deadly claws and got ready to attack the Bestia. If the Bestia won't come down, then he would use different tactics to face the Bestia. Fortunately for him, the Phoenix didn't hesitate and landed near him. 

Then sand flew around causing the view to become unclear. The Veloce sensed that the Phoenix changed its form. After a few seconds, he found that his deduction was right. 

Shana changed into her partial transformation. Her partial transformation is that she has wings behind her back. A pair of shining warm wings materialized behind her, causing her to appear like an angel. Well, appearance-wise, she is definitely an angel. She is an angel of death. 

Her shoulder-length red hair fluttered as her wings started flapping. 

"A Class-SSS with Kakaiba. I don't know what you did to my Handler but there is a law here, you know. There is always payment for every debt, and you have to pay me with your life. You caused my friend to remember her unrequited love, you shitty asshole."

She spoke with a deadly tone. 

Without further ado, her wings shoot hundreds of flame feathers at the Class-SSS Veloce.

5