Chapter 52
159 0 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Kabanata 52

It took almost three hours to completely ransacked the whole village. From the precious metals to the N-cores of each Veloce, they didn't waste anything and put them in the ship. Money is money, whether it comes from dirt or blood.

They definitely got a ton of money from this battle alone. On top of that, no casualties happened. Well, except for Keenan and the helpers, every mercenary ranked around Class-A and higher. They are strong enough to face the fast Veloce. Furthermore, they have a pair of powerful Nightbreakers. Captain Yora killed any monster that might endanger them and Shana blocked every path that the monsters could use.

Captain Yora may be sadistic but she understood the importance of every member of her team. She was a good leader in that aspect. 

"Fufu, this N-core is a beauty."

Captain Yora was grinning as she scanned the shining golden N-core. With the color alone, this N-core was already priced at hundreds of million dollars, perhaps far greater than that. The N-core from Nightmare that had Kakaiba was much pricy than its normal counterpart. It was because the ability from the said Nightmare could be absorbed if the N-core was eaten. 

In short, if a Nightbreaker ate an N-core with Kakaiba characteristics, it had a chance that he would gain the skill. Although the chances were minuscule, perhaps 2-4%. 

Overall, the money they could have with this Class-SSS N-core alone was massive. Captain Yora was grinning and laughing as she inspected the beautiful crystal. Truth be told, finding a Nightmare with Kakaiba characteristics was one in a million. In fact, Yora only saw seven Nightmares with Kakaiba, added the lastest one. 

She knew how dangerous these types of monsters were when they reached Godhood, they were the embodiment of destruction. Creatures who reached this state, together with the Kakaiba, could kill millions of people. 

Just like a decade ago, when rift distortion happened in Ricaame, a Kakaiba God-Class appeared and slaughtered innocent people. Millions of people died, millions of children lost their parents and became orphans. Part of those was Keenan and Lexa, they lost their parents and promised that they would become stronger so that no misfortune would happen again. It was a heroic dream. 

"Captain, everything is already in the ship. We are ready to move out."

Anton appeared and saluted, he may look like a pervert, which he is, but this perverted man was not weak at all. Anton is Class-SS Nightbreaker, he is Hammer-Type Handler. Next to him, there was a lazy man yawning and sleepy, he was his partner. The author was too lazy to think about his name so let's just call him Ham. You get it right, Ham, Hammer, isn't it funny?

Anyway, Ham was rubbing his eyes as he wanted to sleep. Just like Anton, he is a Class-SS Arma. They are both strong, I tell you. 

"Oh, so it's already finished. Then what are we doing here? Let's get out of this meat roasting smelly place."

Captain Yora put the N-core in her pocket. She was in good mood but someone intentionally made her mad.

"Captain it's because you are wasting your time staring at the N-core. We can't leave without your approval. Please don't act stupid."

Anton insulted. He grinning and waiting for a good slap.

"Are you questioning me?"

Captain Yora turned around, her eye was flashing dangerous light. Then, she realized that Anton was fidgeting and closing his eyes, he was waiting for the smack as his face blushed. A true masochist down to his core. Ham who was watching his partner waiting for a smack shook his head in repugnance. He couldn't believe that his Handler would turn into a disgusting thing. A man who gets horny through sheer beatings! 

Ham decided to step away from them. He didn't want any of their shit. He wanted to rest and sleep in his warm comfy bed. He quickly jumped up to the ship as if nothing happened. 

Captain saw that Anton was waiting for her smack.

She clicked her tongue and decided to leave him too. As if she would give him what he wanted! Hah! As a sadist, she knew how to torture Anton. The best way to torture him was not to hurt him at all. 

"They say I'm charismatic, that people are ready to kneel and bark like dogs for me. These people are crazy!"

She swiftly disappeared. 

As for Anton, he sensed that one by one, the mercenaries boarded the ship. When he opened his eyes, he was surprised that he was the only one there. He looked sad as his shoulders dropped. It was tragic that he didn't receive a beating despite insulting the Captain. 

………
……

"Okay, just put them there and you can rest."

Shana said as she guided Keenan where to put the sacks of N-cores. This time, they got 8 sacks of N-cores and most of them are high quality.

Right now, Keenan carried the sacks into a room solely for the warehouse of N-cores. He studied the room and he could see the glimmering crystals all around. He could say that this ship didn't have a shortage of N-cores. With just staying here, the mercenaries would definitely get stronger and reached their limits. This place was a paradise. 

The room had N-cores of different species. From the Zvieras of the land to the Pesce living in the ocean, the room has them all. Keenan was shocked to see this kind of warehouse solely for storing N-cores. He saw dozens of shelves filled with different sizes of N-cores from different species. He felt like he was in a museum. 

However, the most thing that caught his attention was the N-core in the middle of the room. It was so big and it was radiating holiness as if it was a holy artifact from heaven. He gulped so hard. 

'No mistake... It's a God-Class.'

He didn't know why but his Hands wanted to come out and snatch it. He suppressed these thoughts, he knew the graveness if he tried to touch that N-core. Especially now that Shana was behind him and watching his every move. 

He witnessed how this cute woman burned a village with one of her Skills. The feathers were deadly and killed a lot. 

Keenan gulped and shook his head, he controlled his emotions and turned back. The holy N-core was certainly one of a kind but he only had one life. He was not sure if he would reincarnate again if he died. So it was better to be safe than sorry. 

6