Chapter 61
155 0 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Kabanata 61

Yora was started to go crazy. It was fortunate that Shana was there to calm her. Shana's hand released flame. She was going to slap Yora with a burning palm if she try to destroy the room. 

"Yora, what are you gonna do? Are you going to find him? You know that both of us are wanted criminals. We can use fake identities but it will not be long before the government finds us."

"…"

Yora closed her eyes and listen to Shana. She was right, but still…

"Besides, I'm sure Keenan already escaped. Maybe he's not in the Comexi anymore. He is in the Ricaame now, two hours is enough to that especially if he used another Portal."

Shana's opinion was right. It would be bad for them if they tried to show their appearance. They had a lot of enemies in the Thera.

Yora was already calm and the atmosphere turned back to normal. The silhouette behind her disappeared and Shana smiled in relief.

"Furthermore, are you sure you're angry because he stole the N-cores, or is it because he didn't give his first time to you? I know that those N-cores are not important to you, we have tons of Class-SSS here. We even have DemiGod-Class and-"

"Ugh."

"Yora be honest with me. We fought sometimes but you know where my heart resides. I'm always here for you. Tell me why are you angry?"

Shana was probing, staring at Yora with affection. She was not blind, she could see that Yora was facing internal problems. 

Yora was averting her gaze, she had a melancholic expression.

"I… If I was prettier, will he accept me? Perhaps he will love me and he will not go to that bitch…"

She was biting her lip, she was frustrated. Shana sighed and realized the problem.

'So it's about him again…'

"Yora… He's already dead. You can't bring the past. And no, you're not ugly at all. You know that he's partnered with Jan so it's obvious that their feelings will develop. It's not your fault that he didn't choose you. You are beautiful and I'm sure that someone will love you too."

Shana smiled and tapped her head. Yora started flinching, tears gathered in her eyes until they dropped down the floor. She was frustrated. She felt insecure. Perhaps the explanation why he didn't choose her was because she wasn't pretty, just like how Keenan rejected her. 

It hurts her pride that she couldn't have the things that she deeply love. He died and Yora couldn't do anything except suppress her feelings. She knew that she would never love again. She hated that she lost. She started crying. After all, Yora was only serious about one thing, it was him. Keenan, N-cores, and even being a God-Class, these things didn't matter to her. She cried and clutched Shana's dress who was hugging her. 

Shana closed her eyes. 

'Forgive me Yora. I'm trying to contact her even though you abhor her so much.'

The letter that she gave to Keenan was about her. 

'I hate to say this but we need her talent. Jan is a God-Class like us but she didn't have an Arma and decided to retire. However, it's too much of a waste for her talent to ruin.'

Shana was tapping Yora's back. 

………
……

"Hello, Keenan Corragio. We are here to hear your testimony." 

Two people were sitting across the table, staring at Keenan. They were in an interrogation room. The Academy heard that one of the students who was missing three weeks ago appeared right before the entrance of the school. 

Keenan was wearing his t-shirt and pants, he went to his dorm before going to the Academy. He took a bath and changed his clothes. 

"I will."

Keenan took a deep breath and started talking. He knew that the Academy would interrogate him about his other teammates. It was already three weeks since the mission ended. In this whole time, only two teams didn't return. One of them was Keenan and the others, they had an accident and Keenan was the only one who survived. Every year, the Academy would send their graduating students to travel in the Netherworld and gather N-cores and other resources. They also knew that not all of the students would return.

Actually having two teams missing was already good. Netherworld is a dangerous planet and aside from the Metropolises, the Netherworld is filled with flesh-eating monsters. 

The students signed a contract that the Academy was not responsible in case they died. Being a Nightbreaker means that they will die at the hands of Nightmares. The students know this and continued signing, this was their job after they graduate so they took their first step. 

"Is that everything?"

"Yes, it's everything."

Keenan nodded and looked at the wires that were attached to his chest. While he was speaking, he was being monitored by a machine that could read if he was lying or not. Thankfully, Keenan was used to this so he easily deceived the machine. On top of that, he could control his heartbeat after the disintegration so he could fake it without a problem. 

The two men stared at each other and nodded, they didn't find any falsehood to what he said. 

"Thank you for your understanding, I'm sorry for having you here, and condolence…"

"Thank you."

Keenan had a grim expression when he left. They mean it when they said "condolence" but for Keenan it was half-hearted. Even if they are sincere, Keenan would shrug it off. Their words won't bring back the dead. 

"I- Is it true!?"

Keenan paused, someone grabbed his shirt and glared at him with teary eyes. She was holding her tears but her bloodshot eyes were filled with sadness. Keenan gulped as he looked at her. 

"Is it true that my son is dead!?"

She shook Keenan and raised her voice.

"Answer me!!"

She screamed and her tears rolled down her face.

"I'm sorry madam, Roman died-"

"No! You're lying!! That's not true! If you're alive, then my son is alive too. He's stronger than you! You are lying! Tell me, where is he!?"

She hysterically cried and grabbed his collar.

Keenan swallowed hard and pulled out the ring on his finger. 

"I'm sorry, this is the only belonging that I found-"

Roman's mother slapped him, then grabbed the ring and cried so loud. 

9