Chapter 64
145 0 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Capitulo 64

Leila grimly smiled, she was trying her best to smile but her true emotion was showing. She tried to stop her eyes from crying but it seemed like her determination betrayed her. It broke her heart to know that Keenan was planning to continue being a Nightbreaker. It sounds nice but Leila knew the horror of the occupation. Of course, Keenan knew it too since all of his teammates died. 

Only a few Nightbreakers died peacefully, most of them died in the hands of Nightmares. Leila was sad that Keenan accepted the path of destruction. 

"What about you? What are your plans?"

Keenan stared at Leila, he didn't hate the woman. They were friends but Keenan has a dream that is completely different from Leila. 

Leila shrugged and wiped her tears. 

"Me? You know that we have the same limitation. I already reached Class-B three months ago. At first, I was hoping that my Skill will be powerful but it was not… I decided to retire after graduation. My Handler agreed since he didn't want to get stuck with a weak Arma like me. After graduation, I will help my parents with the pharmacy. Say… Why don't the two of us-"

"Leila, I know that you have feelings for me, I'm sorry I can not return those feelings for you… I, I have someone that I love."

Keenan said. He did not want to further hurt her. 

Leila sniffed and wiped her eyes, her expression slowly crumpled. 

"Yeah, I know. It's that Lexa again. I already heard that name a lot of times… I just hope that your decision is worthy of the things you sacrificed."

"….."

Keenan could not answer because he didn't know the answer. Only time can tell if his decision is right or wrong. 

"Hehe, I guess my tactics didn't work. Even acting pitiful didn't move your heart. I was planning to ask you if you want to end your career as a Nightbreaker and stay with me instead… I guess I have to practice my acting skills to look pathetic and disheartened so that you will feel guilty."

Leila justified that her crying was fake and she was just acting. Keenan could see that she was not acting, the emotions in her eyes were true, her shoulders were trembling, and her hands were clenching her dress. She was deeply hurt. Keenan looked straight into her eyes. 

"I'm sorry."

He said.

"Sheesh, Keenan, you've changed. I can see in your eyes that you became a different person. Perhaps what you've experienced in the Netherworld changed you. Usually, you will never look straight at me because of guilt. Yet now you're looking at my eyes without any guilt or awkwardness."

"I just want to show you that I have determination too. You showed yours, so I showed mine. I can't act timidly in front of a wonderful woman who expressed her feelings for me."

"Pfft-haha. You've really changed. Not that I hate it… Do you mean it when you said that I'm a wonderful woman?"

"Yes, I am."

Keenan nodded and smiled. It was a true smile and Leila giggled while wiping her eyes. 

"What the fuck, I should be crying right now, not laughing. Hehe, maybe you really broke me this time."

"Leila, as your friend, I want you to be happy."

"You too. I hope you will see Lexa again."

They both smile. It was refreshing to have a stupid conversation sometimes. 

"This is quite funny. The person who rejected me is now consoling me with flattery."

"Yeah, it is. Such irony, although the man on the topic is telling the truth and not using flattery at all. He believes that the woman is gorgeous and she will meet a guy that will truly love her."

"I hope you're right, not a jackass who rejected a great woman like her." 

Leila sighed. 

They both laughed. 

Their meeting ended well. Leila asked for a hug and Keenan gladly gave it. They spent a couple of seconds hugging and they parted ways after. 

………
……

Keenan was on his way to his dormitory. Sadly, a drunken woman was lying on the ground with a bottle of beer in her hand. Keenan looked around and it seemed like the people didn't care about the haggard woman at all. They only glanced at her, some took pictures, and some bastards were ogling and trying to take advantage of the drunk woman. 

Keenan couldn't believe that this was happening right before his very eyes. Should he leave the woman alone, even though he knew that there was a possibility of the woman being taken advantage of? Should he leave and treat as if he saw nothing? The easiest way was to walk away as if nothing happened.

However, Keenan was the type who acts hero whenever he sees injustice. Just like when he protected Carson against a senior and beat the crap out of him. Keenan hated injustice, he hates to see people being in pain because of injustice. He experienced staying in the underground of their house when monsters invaded their city, he heard how his parents lost their lives and all he could do was to cover his mouth and bleed. It was the most agonizing situation that he experienced. Whenever he sees people who suffered even though they are innocent, Keenan would recklessly help them. Let's just say that he is a sucker for injustice. 

"Sister! I said that you are banned from drinking alcohol! You damn of a woman!"

Keenan walked towards the woman and carried her with no tint awkwardness. 
He was acting as if he knew the woman, it was working because the perverts averted their eyes when he started helping her. 

"Jeez, this is the reason why I don't want you to be with him. Look what I said, he's a cheater! He cheated on you and impregnated a younger woman! If I will meet him again, I swear, I will destroy his balls and feed them to dogs! Hah!"

He yelled, telling a made-up story. Thankfully, the people buy it because they started looking at the woman with sympathy. Keenan carried the woman like a bag of grain and walked away. He is quite strong so carrying her was not a problem.

'… This woman is quite troublesome…'

[ I want to thank my patrons for supporting my Patreon:

Veren Hammock, K Kim, Vizzy, Ian O'Hara, Capzlawk Nguyen, Crane17686, HaiI'mRyuu, L A M, Alex, terrance smith, Haddouch Belca'Sam, and Ausner Gentil. 

Please visit my Patreon if you want to read ahead of public updates:

https://www.patreon.com/Puji_maki ]

 

9