Chapter 68
145 0 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Capitulo 68 

The two Handlers rushed with their Arma in their hands. They swung their sword into Jeanne, as long as they don't kill her it was no problem even if she lost her limbs. They have Elixir to heal her anyway. 

Jeanne saw their intentions as she read their movements, they were trying to incapacitate her. Jeanne knew that she could not use Keenan to block them again. Another attack and Keenan would break. She was disappointed that his capacity as a katana was weak, despite having strong senses and maturity as a person. However, her disappointment was covered by curiosity, she wanted to know his secrets. 

This was her first time sensing something unique like this. 

'I heard that there are dual-types but this is my first time holding one. Dual-types are very rare.'

Jeanne didn't have a problem dodging their attacks, the park was wide and she could move wherever she wanted. She would use the trees as an advantage and escape their ambush in case they caught up. Although sometimes she would almost be hit by their Skills. So far, so good. 

As for Keenan, he was concentrating and waiting for the right time to attack. He was in pain because of the forceful transformation and the injury he got. Jeanne's soul was crushing him, they were not equal in strength so it was obvious that he would have a hard time.

Jeanne was doing her job well, she was acting as if she had the advantage even though she could not use her weapon. The enemies were seriously attacking her, and they were waiting for the right time to end this. 

That moment came after, Jeanne made a mistake, she didn't have time to escape their Skills. She received damage and started backing away to put some distance. Her shoulder was bleeding and she was in pain despite trying her best to appear well. The two enemies didn't hesitate to take their chance, they didn't want Jeanne to recover. They charged and raised their weapons… They were caught in the trap. 

Jeanne intentionally accepted the attack, so that she would bleed and appear weak. Sure it was painful but Jeanne was already accustomed to pain. In fact this pain was nothing compared to what she experienced in the past. Sure enough the enemies took the bait, believing that Jeanne was injured. 

She smirked at their stupidity. They should not have underestimated her just because she was holding a Class-B katana, it was their biggest mistake that would cause them death. 

What they didn't know was that invisible Hands caught their legs and stopped them from moving forward. Before they could understand what happened, a blade appeared in front of them and cut them in half. It was fast and they didn't have the time to react. Blood rained down as their bodies flopped on the dirty ground. 

Jeanne was just walking as if nothing happened, her movement was so fast and filled with elegance. No rush, it was simple stride and cut them with no problem. She just finished two Class-SSS just like that. 

However, her job was still not finished. She turned to the dead bodies and glanced at the weapons. She smirked, the weapons were not moving, acting as if there were no souls inside. 

"Sorry, no hard feelings."

Destroying Arma was not an easy task, even if they broke in their form, they could still heal if they had Elixir. The only way to destroy them was to smash them into small pieces to make sure that they could never return to their human form. 

The weapons started vibrating, they tried to return to their human form and run away but Jeanne didn't give them time. She stepped on them and cracked them into dozens of pieces. She was a God-Class and her foot had enough strength to destroy them. Their essence disappeared and they died, without blood or flesh, they died in their weapon form. This was the most common death of the Arma and Bestia. They died without being in their real appearance.

Jeanne shrugged as if she didn't kill four people. She glanced at the katana and remembered that five minutes was the time limit. She released the katana, it crumbled and returned to a person. 

Keenan appeared with his head bleeding, he coughed blood and glared at Jeanne. The woman just smirked and started looking for Elixir from the dead bodies. 

"It looks like you are in pain."

"Yeah, thanks to someone who kept crushing my soul- guah!"

Keenan coughed blood again. The real reason why he was in pain was because of Jeanne's soul and not because of the injuries. Keenan could withstand physical pain, but the soul was a different topic. The whole time that Jeanne was holding him, her soul was enveloping him and it was crushing him. It was more painful than any physical pain. 

And this woman, forced Keenan even though she knew what was going to happen. 

"Gah!"

"Well your not dead so it's still good."

She replied but Keenan was busy with puking blood, the amount that he was releasing was quite disturbing. It seemed like being held by God-Class was not a fun experience. He wheezed and lay on the ground. Jeanne threw an Elixir and Keenan caught it. 

He uncorked it and immediately drank it, it was fortunate that the enemies had Elixirs, or else he had to return to the dorm while puking blood. 

Keenan started standing, despite drinking the Elixir he was still aching. His soul was damaged, not his body, he needed time to fix it. 

"You okay?"

"Isn't obvious that I'm not?"

"Yeah, I shouldn't have asked. Want me to take you to your dorm, I know the way."

"No, I'm fine… However, I'm not the type who slipped things by."

"Yeah, I can see in your eyes that you are determined to get your revenge. How about I pay you instead? You don't have to get angry because I will pay you. Just think that I've employed you and I will pay your service, simple as that."

"… How much?"

Keenan didn't fight anymore. He wanted to take revenge but he was still weak to fight a God-Class. It was better to settle this with money since he was currently poor. He believed that Jeanne had money because she was a God-Class.

"How about seven digits?"

"Deal."

"Good, this is my calling card."

She handed a calling card and Keenan accepted it. He read her full name he was utterly dumbfounded. 

"What the fuck? Your name is Jeanne Demi Moore?"

"Ah, it's pronounced as Jan Demi Moore, not Shawn."

Keenan didn't know what to say. Fate was playing with him. He clenched his teeth and just sighed. The person he was looking for was right before him. 

7