Chapter 70
132 0 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Capitulo 70

Keenan slowly opened his eyes, it was bright and he furrowed, he narrowed his eyes as he was welcomed by chandeliers hanging on the ceiling. He groaned and tried to get up but he was too weak to move. He was exhausted after being used by a God-Class. He clicked his tongue, he was ashamed. He recalled that moment. 

"I just said that I don't want to be carried by a woman, yet I lost my consciousness and got carried."

He sighed and pinched the space between his brows, his head was aching but he could endure it. As for his body, it was aching too but the disintegration that he experienced in the wilderness was much more painful. He could endure even twice the pain of what he was having now. Besides, Keenan experienced a lot of painful things. 

He slowly stretched his neck and looked around. He was in a wide room where lots of dazzling pieces of furniture were around, there was no hint of dirt and everything looks classy. Keenan was confident to say that he was not in his dorm. 

"Money…" 

While he was mumbling his inner thoughts, the door opened and Jeanne appeared with a towel and bowl of water. 

"So you're awake." 

She smiled and approached him, she was humming like a Cinderella. Keenan nodded, he was thankful, in a way that Jeanne took care of him when he passed out.

"Thank you for letting me stay here."

"Eh? You're not going to ask me where are we, or why did I take you here?"

She was surprised that Keenan said his gratitude instead of asking about where he was. 

"No, I don't have any reason to be afraid. I trust you."

"… I don't know where that trust came from but I'm happy to learn that you trust me."

She smiled and started soaking the towel, she squeezed the towel and wiped Keenan's forehead. Keenan wanted to reject but he was too weak and he knew that Jeanne won't agree. Instead be asked not to clean his waist, only his abdomen, and hips. 

"So you don't want me to touch your dick?"

"Unfortunately, yes."

"Okay, fine. You helped me earlier so I will agree. Besides, I already have my fill."

"Tell me that you're joking."

"What do you think?"

"That's sexual harassment!"

"I'm just joking, I just have slight squeezed. You're packing down there, you know."

Jeanne meticulously cleaned him. Keenan was thankful, despite knowing that Jeanne was the reason why he was injured. He was thankful that she took care of him, not like Yora who would trash him all around and beat him. His comparison was too fucked up but he didn't care. 

Jeanne came back again with porridge. Keenan took a mouthful and he was shocked because it was delicious. 

"Did you cook this?"

"Yeah, I may look like this but I'm confident with my cooking skills… of cooking porridge, that is."

"… just to make sure, you didn't put something weird, right?"

"Do you want to eat or not."

"Please."

Jeanne continued feeding him until the porridge disappeared. Jeanne put down the plate and looked at Keenan with seriousness. 

"Now that you've eaten and you can think straight, I guess it's alright to ask you a few questions."

Keenan nodded, he already knew that Jeanne would ask him about some things. A few weeks ago he was interrogated by a Phoenix so he was not surprised anymore. 

"First of all, how did you know me? Or rather why did you react when I told you my full name?"

Keenan stared at her, he could surmise that Jeanne won't accept any half-assed answer. He sighed and started talking. 

"I guess I have to be honest."

Kenaan started talking and Jeanne was listening. The more she listened, the wider she smirked.

"To make the story short someone asked me for a favor to give you a letter."

"… I see, so they are trying to find me."

Jeanne touched her chin, so her fake friends wanted to contact her. She was actually surprised, especially about how Keenan survived the wilderness. If she didn't know his secret, she would find it impossible.

Furthermore, it was a shock to know that Shana was trying to contact her. Jeanne and Yora fought the last time they met. Since then their relationship became cold as ice. She almost thought that Keenan was speaking bogus, although she knew that he was not lying at all. Perhaps he was hiding some stuff but everything he spoke was true, Jeanne could see it. 

"So where is the letter?"

"About that, I don't have a space ring so it's in my room. I'll give it to you tomorrow."

Jeanne nodded and asked another question. 

"Did Yora and Shana know about your second power?"

"No, they don't know. I did my best to hide it… I was planning to hide it even now."

Keenan grimly smiled, Jeanne was a surprise to him and he didn't have the time to react quickly. He was caught in turmoil and he could not escape. 

"Sad to say, I'm a God-Class who is specialized at using swords, I easily detected your secret because I've handled swords since childhood. Although if some Handler tried to hold you, they will never sense your secret. Your power is specialized in stealth. Except for me and my brother, no one can sense your power if they hold you."

"Why are you so confident about that?'

"Because there are only two God-Class who uses a sword. Me and my brother."

"… Fair enough."

Keenan knew it, the Cavalieri Clan was known as the family that uses swords. They were known as swordmasters although only one man reached the throne of being the strongest Sword Master, it was none other than Joseph Cavalieri, the current Patriarch of the Clan, he is 389 years old right now but he was still looking young. 

To be honest, Keenan was surprised to know that there was another God-Class who uses a sword. Keenan's dream was to become a God-Class Katana, it was impossible since his limitation was Class-B. But now that he had another power, Keenan was hoping for more. 

He was always informed about the official news related to Nightbreakers. 

"Our Clan has an innate ability, when we reached 10 years old our body will manifest Aura. We didn't have the restrictions of reaching Class-S to have Aura."

Keenan nodded, he knew that stuff too. It was the reason why the Cavalieri became one of the strongest Clans of the world. They were always above the others when it comes to talent, their Aura. 

"This is the reason why I detected your secret. When my Aura touched you, I sense another power inside. I'm actually surprised, there is a thing that can escape the eyes of a God-Class despite being a Class-D. Yeah, I know that your Hands are Class-D too."

Keenan did not speak anymore, he would only release more information if he opened his mouth. 

[ I want to thank my patrons for supporting my Patreon:

eriberto, Veren Hammock, K Kim, Vizzy, Ian O'Hara, Capzlawk Nguyen, Crane17686, HaiI'mRyuu, L A M, Alex, Haddouch Belca'Sam, and Ausner Gentil. 

Please visit my Patreon if you want to read ahead of public updates:

https://www.patreon.com/Puji_maki ]

[Happy Halloween! In my country, the Philippines, we light up candles in front of our houses to give respect to the dead ones. What about yours?]

[How's your NNN too, guys? Lol]

6