Chapter 72
130 0 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Capitulo 72

In the morning, Keenan bid farewell to Jeanne. Although he promised that he would return. He had to because the letter was in his room and he had to deliver it. 

"I already have an idea what was written in the letter even if I don't read it. Everything becomes clear after last night."

Keenan smirked, he knew how Shana's mind works. That woman, she was getting ready for… 

"Ah."

Keenan paused. He saw Suzy, Carson's sister, was walking down the street. She was carrying a heavy basket, she was sweating and panting so much. It seemed like she was doing some labor job earlier this morning. She was breathing hard and it was obvious that she was tired. 

Keenan frowned and walked towards her, Suzy was busy carrying the basket filled with fruits and she did not sense that someone was approaching her. Keenan stopped in front of her and Suzy just realized that someone blocked her path. She looked up and found that it was Keenan. She was surprised and tried her best to smile.

"B- brother Keena-"

"Do you need help?"

Keenan glanced at the basket, it was heavy and Suzy was already tired. 

"Ah, n- no," She wiped her sweat and continued. " I'm doing a part-time job so you don't have to bother helping me."

She smiled, bowed her head, and walked but Keenan blocked her again. Keenan extended his hand. 

"B-brother?"

"Give it to me."

"Ah."

Keenan did not ask anymore and grabbed the basket, he carried it without a problem. Despite being damaged massively last night, his body was completely healed. He maximized the potential healing of the Elixir. As expected to the person who had a strong concentration, he did not waste even a little tiny bit of the Elixir. 

"Where should I take this?"

"I- it's okay, you don't have to. It's my job so-"

"Suzy."

Keenan prevented her from talking, he stared at her and Suzy gulped. She felt compelled to listen to him, this was the first time that Keenan stared at her with this kind of gaze.

Something was heating up inside her. Keenan changed a lot when he came back, he was not smiling a lot anymore, he always had this deeper meaning in his eyes. Suzy could not blame him, no one could smile after what happened to his teammates, even her. 

"Suzy, do you know Suzy Q?"

"W- who?"

She stuttered, it was a surprising question and she did not know how to react. 

"Suzy Q is Joseph's wife. When a major incident happened to their family, their daughter being in danger, Suzu Q trusted that her husband would fix the problem. And at the end of the story, Joseph cured their daughter… The moral of the story, you have to trust your family."

"But I don't have a family-"

"Stupid. Then why did you call me brother."

"Wah!? M- me? Stupid?"

"Yeah, you are stupid. If you're in dire need of money, you should have asked me. You don't have to do this job, I'll be the one to fix your problem."

Keenan walked ahead. Suzy's mouth was opened but no words came out, slowly tears started flowing down. Keenan changed but his inner nature was still alive. He was still her helpful brother.

"T- thank you."

She wiped her tears. 

"Even if you called me stupid, which the past Keenan will never say, thank you."

She held back crying and followed Keenan. When her brother(Carson) didn't come back, Suzy knew in her mind that she had to stand up using her own feet. She started taking jobs while studying. 

"Thank you, thank you for being alive."

Suzy was sad that Carson died but seeing Keenan was already a blessing. At least she had someone who she could say was part of the family. 

Keenan heard her, he smiled too and continued walking. He thought their relationship cracked when he returned and announced that Carson died. But when he saw Suzy carrying a basket twice her weight, his body intentionally moved and decided to help her. 

They were close and Keenan felt sick while seeing Suzy like that. 

They reached the back of the restaurant where Suzy instructed him to go. She said that the restaurant was too busy so they offered her a job and became a waitress. Apparently, the delivery truck had some problems so they could not use it. Suzy was instructed to buy some fruits. 

"Um, you can drop it here, I will take it inside."

"No need."

Keenan opened the door before Suzy could protest, he carried the fruits and the cooks were surprised and almost raised their kitchen knives when they saw a stranger entering the kitchen. Thankfully, Suzy immediately explained everything before it became a problem. 

"Phew. Why did you have to do that?"

Suzy pouted and slapped Keenan's shoulder, she felt that she smacked a concrete and winced. Keenan smirked and said. 

"I want you to stop working and focus on your studies. You want to become a doctor, right? I will help you. I cause a ruckus in the restaurant because I want you to get fired."

"You…" She sighed. 

"What do you think?"

Keenan probed.

"You're broke, just like me."

"Huh, who said that?"

Suzu shook her head. 

"It's fine, you don't have to help me… In the first place, the reason why I want to become a doctor is to treat brother…"

Carson died so she did not have a reason to be a doctor.

"Bullshit."

"Wah!? You! Why are you speaking like that!!?"

"Suzy, what did I say? I'm your big brother too!"

Keenan yelled and some people looked at them, Suzu started to get embarrassed and begged him to lower his voice.

"Okay, okay. Fine."

"If you don't have a chance to help Carson, at least give yourself a chance to be a doctor for me."

Keenan was persuasive, yet his golden eyes gazed at Suzy, making her tremble. 

"… Okay."

Suzy looked down, she sniffed and held back her tears. 

"Thank you."

Keenan smiled and tapped her head. 

"Don't worry, I will keep my promise."

"Un… what you said earlier. Where did you get the story about Suzy Q and her family, I want to read it. Is it a book? Where can I buy it?"

"About that, it's just a made-up story--- ouch!"

Suzy kicked his knee and scoffed, she walked leaving him behind with a smile on her face. 

Keenan felt stung but smiled at the end. 

'Of course I can not say that I get it from Jojo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders. Technically, it was Jotaro who cured Holly, Suzy Q's daughter.'

7