Chapter 74
130 0 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Capitulo 74

"Since you already know my intention, I guess I don't have a reason to hide it anymore. Yes, I'm thinking of partnering you up with someone."

Jeanne stared at Keenan, she was smiling and hiding her emotions. She was shaken inside when she found that Keenan knew her plan. She was confident in her ability to control her expression. Yet, Keenan still read her mind. 

'Unless he already knew about my niece, but that will be impossible because Keenan did not have time to investigate me in just a few hours… this person can be good or bad for my niece.'

Jeanne thought that perhaps Keenan was just a smart guy and he already expected her plan. It was not important anyway, since Keenan would make a profit too if he agreed to her proposal. 

"Let's see… How about I give you the time and location where you will meet."

"Not that it matters, I can meet her tomorrow if you want to."

"Wha!?"

Keenan said it while smirking and Jeanne lost herself, she stood up and glared at Keenan. She narrowed her eyes and crumpled her fists, Keenan knew something that she did not. 

"… How did you know that it's a woman?"

Jeanne realized that Keenan was ahead of the conversation. He already knew that Jeanne would pair him to a woman, her niece. 

Keenan shrugged and wave his hand, this charade was getting launched. 

"Not that it matters, all I want to say is that I know her name. What was it again? Fantasia?"

Jeanne cast her blue Aura and used the fork on the table, she moved swiftly and aimed her fork at Keenan. It was directly touching Keenan's neck. 

"Eh? So you already know her. Tell me a reason why I can't kill you?"

Her expression became serious, the playfulness disappeared on her face. She treated Fantasia like her own daughter. Right now, Keenan was being a threat to her. It was ironic that she was behaving badly toward Keenan yet earlier she was laughing because of what Keenan did to Yora and Shana. Jeanne could not help it, the moment Keenan showed his ability to control the conversation as if threatening her, she deemed him dangerous. 

She pushed the fork on his skin and blood slowly crept out, the utensil was a dangerous weapon for her because of her Aura. Her Aura specialized in sharpening, the fork was a dagger in her hand. 

Yet despite releasing a dangerous Aura, Keenan started laughing. He laughed so hard and his stomach started aching. He liked what he was seeing, it seemed like he found a weak spot. This was getting funny. 

Jeanne tilted her head, then she smirked and started laughing too. They laughed so hard as if everything was normal. As if Keenan was not close to dying. Jeanne laughed hysterically then her face became serious and the fork sunk deeper. 

"Do I look like I'm joking?"

Keenan was smiling while blood was oozing out of his neck. The pressure that Jeanne was releasing was suffocating. Normal people would lose their consciousness if they felt this pressure but Keenan was different. He already experienced this once, and this time, he was not afraid. He laid all his cards and he knew how to use them. 

"Hehe, I'm happy to see that you are a human."

"Of course I am. In the first place, I am a human. I may be a God-Class but I am a human."

Jeanne sighed and released the fork, she threw it on the floor and sat back on the chair, staring hard at Keenan. 

"So how did you know about Fantasia?"

"Simple, I heard her name in the cafeteria."

"North Bridge N?"

Keenan nodded.

"Yup, I'm studying there."

"What a coincidence."

She said, almost sarcastic.

"At first, I was surprised that there is a Demi Moore on the campus, a transfer student too. I was planning to talk to her, but it all ended when I met you."

"Because I'm the person you are looking for."

It was a coincidence, Keenan wanted to startle Jeanne to see if she has emotions. He confirmed that Jeanne had a strong affection for this Fantasia girl.

'She's a good person.'

Keenan didn't want to have a business with a heartless person, he was already tired of meeting and killing those types of people. He was satisfied with the result, this meant that Jeanne could be trusted. Besides, if she made a mistake, Keenan could use Fantasia as a hostage. 

'Well, it seems like it's her plan all along. Jeanne wants me to pair with Fantasia to show that she can be trusted.'

Keenan raised his head and asked. 

"So did I pass?"

"Yeah, you passed. I'm actually thinking of threatening you but you move faster than me."

Jeanne smirked and grabbed the bottle of whiskey, she drank it directly. She was tired of using glass to act civil. She did not have to act civil since Keenan was far dirty than her. 

"Thanks."

"So what about me? Do you trust me now? Gosh, I don't know why I'm negotiating with a person four times younger than me. In fact, he was controlling the conversation."

She sighed, she knew that she was not good with using her tongue. She was more of a person who used physicality as a way of conversation. In this aspect, Yora and Jeanne were the same. 

"So it seems like we had an understanding."

"Yeah, we do."

Keenan raised his glass and Jeanne bumped it using the bottle. At least they knew that each other can be trusted.

Keenan wanted to know if Jeanne still have her humanity while Jeanne was seizing if Keenan was worthy to pair with her niece. Overall, they were satisfied with this meeting. At least they know how each other's mind works. Or to be precise, they showed their true colors. 

'Keenan is calculative and he wants to make sure that he will not be underhanded. That's why he tried to threaten me.'

Jeanne said inside her head while drinking. 

'Fantasia is important for Jeanne, she wanted to know if I'm good enough for her. Jeanne did not want a kind person for Fantasia, she want a clever and sly person like me. After all, the world is cruel and most of the people who reached the top are sly like me. But then again, she wanted a sly person who she can trust, that's why she tried to kill me and see if I will snitch.'

Keenan smiled.

They were both happy and satisfied.  

6