Chapter 75
138 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Capitulo 75

[SSS-cores= Class-SSS N-cores.]

[B-cores= Class-B N-cores.]

Two days since Jeanne and Keenan had an agreement. Jeanne paid him for his service, the battle against the four leechers. Aside from that, Jeanne paid him for the three SSS-cores that he sold.

Keenan was happily eating the pork tonkatsu on his table. He ordered this in an online restaurant and the image he saw was the exact image he found when he opened the bento. Almost as if they were the same. 

"Now that I think about it, this country has the same etiquette as Japan. What you see in the package is the same as when you opened the product. Honesty for the customers."

Keenan did not have a problem with money since Jeanne gave him an allowance, she said that it was part of the deal. Keenan didn't hesitate and agreed, he badly needed money. 

Not only that, Jeanne gave him 70 pieces of B-cores for the whole week. The average consumption rate of a Class-B Nightbreaker was 5 - 7 B-cores. Any more than that could be fatal since N-cores have toxins too. 

However, in just two days, Keenan absorbed forty N-cores without a problem. It seemed like his body adapted from the massive daily dose of N-cores that he consumed in the wilderness. On top of that, Keenan did not waste energy when he ate them. He had high concentration and he absorbed all of the energy without leaving anything. In fact, he felt like his status as a Class-B steadied. 

"Perhaps about a month or two my secret power, Hekatonkheires, will advance to Class-C. Such a fast-paced breakthrough. I guess I have to thank the disintegration and my concentration for this."

Keenan said and gobbled up the food, he burped after eating. Lately, he was eating premade food than cooking for himself. He was too absorbed to think about cooking. 

"It's just unfortunate that I can't break through my Katana, no matter how much energy I put in my Katana, it doesn't respond. Perhaps it will be forever a Class-B."

He sighed. He was hoping that his Hekatonkheires had an endless limitation. 

He put the bento box in the trash can and stretched. These two days, he was acting lazy. He already solved most of his problems so he was taking it slow. He found Jan(Jeanne) Demi Moore and gave the letter. Furthermore, he didn't have to find a Handler anymore because Jeanne would pair him with her niece. 

Her niece was a sword user so their resonance would not be a problem at least, it was going to be 85% and higher. Keenan wanted to ask Jeanne about Fantasia but Jeanne said that he had to meet her by himself. It was better to judge Fantasia by his own eyes so Keenan did not ask anymore. 

*Knock knock!

"Hello, brother Keenan? Are you there?"

An anxious and exhausted voice called him. 

His deliberation stopped when he heard that someone was calling him. He looked at the door. Keenan was not surprised but he did not think that it would be this fast.

"Hi, Suzy. What's the problem?"

Keenan opened the door and greeted Suzy. He found that Suzy was breathing and sweating hard, she ran to the dorm just to talk to Keenan. She was allowed to go inside the dorm because she was usually visiting Carson in the past. The guards let her pass because they know her. 

"Suzy are you okay?"

Suzy was panting and glared at Keenan. She strolled into the room and sat on the lower level of the double-decker bed. She looked around, the room was still the same since the last time she came here. She packed all of Carson's stuff because no one was going to use them anyway. 

She took a deep breath and started talking. 

"Is it you?"

"Huh?"

"Are you the one who sent me money on my savings account?"

She stood up and almost grabbed Keenan's collar. She was getting angry and she was confused why. 

"The bank called me and said that I received 300 thousand dollars. They say it came from insurance, charity, or blah blah. I don't care! I know that you are the one who gave me that money!"

"…"

She scowled as tears started rolling on her cheeks. She wiped the tears, waiting at Keenan. 

"Just like I promise, I will help you to achieve your dreams."

Keenan decided to be honest. Suzy was sharp but he did not expect that she would sprint to the dorm just to talk to him. She appeared hectic and Keenan did not want to stress her anymore. 

"Did Devon's parents and the others receive it too?"

"Yes, I gave them money."

Keenan nodded. His intention was to sell the N-cores for his teammates' families. 

"Why?"

"Because I want to help them."

"It's not… Kuck!"

Suzy bit her lip, she was frustrated. Keenan was getting good at hiding his emotions that Suzy could not read him anymore. However, she knew him for a long time and she understood what he was thinking when he gave the money. 

She started bawling, her voice cracked and she cried out everything. 

"It's not your fault! Don't think that this is your responsibility to help us!"

She wanted to ease these emotions inside. To be honest, she did not care about the money. She cared about what Keenan was thinking when he gave the money. 

"You're a victim too… you don't have to act tough because I know that you are…"

She swallowed a grunt. 

'I know that you are in pain too. Look at yourself, not us.'

Keenan looked down at the floor. 

"I'm sorry… I did not think about your feelings when I did it. All I think was to make you at ease."

He was not lying. 

"Where did you get this money? If you get it from illegal jobs, then I don't want it."

"No, it's not illegal. I sold all of the N-cores that I got while I was in the Netherworld…"

He was not lying, he did get those N-cores in the Netherworld. He stole them from a pair of God-Class. Although he won't explain it to Suzy. 

Suzy started crying hard when she realized that Keenan sold all of the N-cores he got while trying to survive in the wilderness. It was his hard work while trying to live, fending monsters, how horrible it was yet he gave them all.

She felt guilty. She kneeled and tears kept pouring. She misunderstood some parts but Keenan did not explain it because it would only be a problem. She touched her wrist, she felt sinned. 

[ I want to thank my patrons for supporting my Patreon:

Duke York, eriberto, Veren Hammock, K Kim, Vizzy, Ian O'Hara, Capzlawk Nguyen, Crane17686, HaiI'mRyuu, L A M, Alex, Haddouch Belca'Sam and Ausner Gentil.

Please visit my Patreon if you want to read 26 advance chapters:

https://www.patreon.com/Puji_maki ]

4