Chapter 77
138 2 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Capitulo 77

"Nice job, like always."

Jeanne approached Fantasia and reached for her hand. She helped Fantasia to stand up. 

"It's not enough, I have to become stronger."

Fantasia summoned a towel out of her space ring and wiped her sweat. Despite having ragged breathing, Fantasia appeared to be calm and collected. She had a cold temperament, which made her more beautiful. 

Keenan started approaching them and Jeanne introduced him to Fantasia. 

"By the way, Fantasia, this is your new partner. He's a Katana-type, Class-B, his name is Keenan."

"Hello, I'm Keenan Corragio."

Keenan said and extended his hand, waiting for a handshake. 

"Hm."

Fantasia glanced at Keenan, she looked at him up and down and she said nothing. She just nodded. Keenan's smiling face twitched, he returned his hand in embarrassment. With this first meeting, Keenan learned that this woman was going to be hard to please. 

"You said you're my new partner?"

"Yes, Jeanne asked me to become your partner. She helped me with my financial problems and I want to show my gratitude."

He smiled, trying to show a good impression. 

"Money huh… but I heard that you tried to make a move on my Aunt."

"What!?"

Keenan glanced at Jeanne, he was confused. His gaze was asking Jeanne "what the hell did you say about me?". However, Jeanne just chuckled and shook her head, acting that she was innocent. 

"Not that it matters, I only need you to be my partner. I don't care about your relationship with my Aunt… Although if you try to hurt her, I will kill you."

"Aaawww, isn't she sweet?"

Jeanne responded, holding her hands and fangirling, she was proud of Fantasia. Keenan wanted to retort but it would only escalate things. 

'Sweet my ass! She just threatened me!'

It seemed like their first meeting was not good, this woman was going to be problematic. 

"Since you are here for the money, and I want to become Class-S. How about we check our Resonance."

"What? Wait a minute, what do you mean money?"

Keenan frowned, veins appeared on his face, and his forehead contorted. It seemed like this woman had a misunderstanding. He glanced at Jeanne and the Aunt was quite confused too. 

"Fanta, I did not hire Keenan."

"Your Aunt is right. I'm not here for the money. I'm here to find a Handler, this is not a contractual job. I want you to be my Handler for a long time."

Fantasia paused at stared at Keenan with her cold eyes, no emotions could be seen. As if she was expecting the worst case. 

Keenan felt like something was strange, he looked at Jeanne and Fantasia back and forth. 

"Did I miss something?"

"Well… I want Fantasia to speak to you because it's…"

"It's okay Aunt, I will tell him."

Fantasia stopped Jeanne from talking, she took a bottle of water and drank it. She was thirsty, water ran down her throat. She was a beauty as if she was endorsing a mineral water product, the way she drank the water made even Keenan thirsty. He swallowed and waited for her to speak. 

"Five."

"Five?"

"Yes, already five people promised me that they will be my Arma but all of them left in less than a few months. No one stayed, so I don't expect that you will stay too. Well, as long as you help me to become Class-S, I don't care."

"… Wow, maybe you have a disgusting personality."

"Hey! Don't talk to my niece like that!"

"It's okay Aunt. I'm fine."

Fantasia walked towards Keenan, she got closer until her face was only inches away from him. Keenan did not back away, he was not afraid of this little girl. 

"Maybe you're right. Maybe I have a disgusting personality, so are you good to pair with me?"

"Nah, I know some people who had disgusting personalities, I think I can endure you."

Keenan confidently said. Fantasia did not expect his answer, she back away and extended her hand. Again, no ripple of emotion appeared on her face. 

"It's a pleasure to be your Handler."

"Thank you, I hope this partnership will last long."

"I hope so too. It's tiring to adapt to different swords(Arma.)"

Jeanne was satisfied with this, she knew that their first meeting would be awkward but at least their impressions about one another were not bad, right? They even had a handshake which was a good sign. She just hope that Keenan and Fantasia could handle each other, their compatibility should at least be fine. 

"Okay, now that the two of you know each other. It's time to check your Resonance. Since you just meet, don't expect that your Resonance is going to be high, that is unless Keenan has an innate ability that we don't know."

"I don't. When my last partner and I first met, our Resonance is on 87%."

"I'm just joking, don't be serious, okay."

She joked and smiled at them. 

"Let's start."

Keenan and Fantasia went into a room where dozens of scanners and cameras aimed at them. 

"I know it will be awkward."

"Don't be, you said that you want to be my sword. Then you know that I have to cast these sentences of form a pact with you."

Fantasia said and got closer to him. It was their first pact together so it would be better if she was close. 

"I, Fantasia Demi Moore, give thou Arma, Keenan Corragio, thy approval to become my sword."

Keenan cringed, he was cursing the people who created this pact. It was fucking cringe that he almost puke. In a way, he was insulting the author who did his best to create the sentence even though it sounds bullshit. 

Keenan opened his mouth. 

"I accept thy approval. Tis sword, Keenan Corragio, shall be thy blade of Fantasia Demi Moore."

His body crumbled into pieces and Fantasia raised her hand to the air. A Katana materialized and she grabbed it. She sensed that Keenan had a sharp blade, his form was in good condition and she was impressed. Keenan had a strong foundation. 

"Okay, let's start the scanning."

Jeanne looked at the screen that was showing the numbers of their union. The numbers moved up to 85% until they steadied on 89%. It was a promising start. 

5