Chapter 79
140 2 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Capitulo 79

"Wanna go have some lunch, my treat."

Keenan offered while standing up, the students gasped when he extended his hand to Fantasia. Especially the girls, they felt like they lose their number one prospect, the best husbando was already taken. 

Fantasia stared at his hand for a few seconds before taking it. 

"Make sure that you treat me to a nice restaurant. I don't eat rubbish."

"Heh, I know it."

The men started tearing their uniforms, Fantasia held his hand! It was outrageous, a sin that could never be forgiven. They were cool about Keenan because he was a nice guy and he didn't act like a fuckboi. However, this situation was maddening. The newest transfer student of their school year, the beautiful and mysterious Fantasia. The best waifu was already taken. 

Ah, what a cruel world.

"Does your hips still hurt?"

"No, I'm okay."

They walked away and left the dumbfounded students. Some of them kneeled as their dreams were shattered to pieces. It was painful. 

.........

......

...

To be fair, the reason why Fantasia took his hand was to maintain their Resonance. Showing adverse reactions would cause the Resonance to plummet. They just getting started and their Resonance was not steady. So taking his hand was the best thing to do. 

………
……

Keenan took her to a fast-food restaurant… He intentionally did it to see if Fantasia would react. He glanced at her, waiting for her reaction. 

Fantasia looked at the restaurant, it was packed with people and noisy, her face frowned but it quickly disappeared. It seemed like she did not have a problem. 

They found a table. Of course, as a gentleman, he would let Fantasia order her food. He did not have the intention of helping her. To get their food, they had to order at the cash register. Keenan would order his and Fantasia would order hers. Keenan believed in true gender equality. 

When the food was all ready. Fantasia glanced at Keenan before she opened her burger. 

"You're doing this to make me angry, possibly to see how far can I hold my tolerance. I just want to make it clear, I don't hate fast food restaurants. I'm just more comfortable with peaceful places, that's why I want to eat in a high-class restaurant."

"Ah, so it's the noise."

"Yes, I hate anything that can disturb my mind."

"I see. So how's the burger?"

"It tastes good."

Keenan grinned and started eating his food, he was tired of eating greasy food so he settled with a chocolate sundae instead. 

"Well, since you told me one of your temperaments. I will tell mine."

Fantasia put down her food and stared at him, waiting for him to talk. Keenan chuckled because he could see that Fantasia had taken this seriously. She wanted to know her Arma. Well, the feelings were mutual. 

"Unlike you, I like noisy places. Not because I'm noisy but I like to hide my presence in the crowd. The best way to do that is to make the people around you noticeable while hiding your presence."

"What, like an assassin in a press conference waiting to kill the president?"

Keenan wiped his mouth and nodded his head. He sipped the coke and sighed in satisfaction. 

"Yes, just like that."

"It seems like we are slowly knowing each other. I hope we can have a great partnership."

"I hope so."

"Anyway, are you sure you only want a sundae and a coke? Your stomach will not be well after this, I tell you."

"Thanks for your concern but I'm fine. My little sister cooked for me early in the morning so I'm full."

"Little sister? I thought you're an orphan?"

"So you investigate me?"

"I have to, you're going to be my sword. I have to know if your dangerous or not."

She used private investigator in just one night, quite serious, it seems. 

"Wow. You're a stalker. So how much do you know?"

"Just enough to decide that you're average. You have Class-B limitations, that's the best you can do. I'm actually confused that Aunt wants me to partner up with you. No offense, don't take it seriously."

"Do you know that I'm hurt?" Keenan said while touching his chest, acting as if he was stabbed. "Anyway, since you gather information about me, I'm sure that you know about Carson, my last partner. I'm taking care of his little sister. She's in deep despair right now so I want to show her that she's not alone. I take the position as her brother… So that she won't break."

Keenan knew it, Suzy may hide it but the scars on her wrists were quite bad. Keenan decided to take responsibility to make her better. 

Fantasia did not bother asking about Suzy because it was not her position to ask. Her objective was to see if Keenan was capable of being her sword. 

"My Aunt wants me to use you as my sword, why is that? What is the reason why she did that?"

"If you are trustworthy, I will tell you. But not now."

"Fair enough." 

Keenan sneered inside his heart. 

'You want to ask me? I will tell you this, you are too weak to detect my hidden power. Jeanne quickly found it but you, you don't even have an ounce of her talent. Jeanne just took pity on you, that's it. Being talented with Handling sword is not enough to make me bow down.'

Fantasia was obsessed with power so her goals were always related to power. Keenan was hurt when Fantasia insulted him by telling him that he only had limitations of Clas-B. Thankfully, he knew how to adapt so their Resonance won't be affected that much.

Fantasia already judged him before they even have a proper mission. His pride was stepped on. 

"You have an awful upbringing so I forgive you."

"What did you say?"

"Nothing."

Keenan replied and sipped his coke. 

"We just have met and we don't know each other. It's unfair to judge each other quickly."

Fantasia widened her eyes, realizing what she did. 

"…I'm sorry if I did something that may have hurt you."

Fantasia bowed her head and realized that she made a mistake. Keenan nodded, he was impressed that Fantasia could admit her mistakes. It was good behavior and he applaud it. 

"It's not a problem. Anyway, I know that you have another reason why you want to talk to me."

Keenan raised his brow and Fantasia took two tickets out of her space ring. 

"To better know each other, I decided to take a mission in the Netherworld."

"When do we start?"

Keenan already predicted this. Fantasia was eager to reach the higher stage. 

6