Chapter 82
134 0 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Capitulo 82

"I tell you it's fine, you don't have to cook a lot of food because I can eat in the Metropolis."

Keenan shrugged as Suzy packed up a lunch for him, still, he was thankful that someone prepared food for him.

"You are always like this whenever Carson and I will go to the Netherworld." Keenan intentionally said Carson's name.

Suzy paused but then she bit her lip and gave the packed lunch. She recalled those moments but it was not painful anymore. Yes, her heart still ached whenever she thinks about her brother but it was not that sharp that it could make her cry anymore and slit her wrist. Besides, whenever she thought about her brother, instead of tears rolling down, the corners of her lips would curl up and give her joy. She treasured those moments. 

"It doesn't matter, I spend my time cooking because I want to cook for you. If you don't want to eat, then it's fine. Although my heart will ache if you do that."

Suzy pouted and crossed her arms, acting cute, well she is indeed cute.

"Of course not. I will never do that. You're The best cook, I'll make sure to eat everything." 

He waved his hands as he carried the bag with some essential stuff inside. Everything was already prepared in the hotel that they would stay in so he was not carrying a lot. In fact, he had a pair of space rings. It was actually three but he gave one of the space rings to Suzy.

When he opened the door, he was shocked that Fantasia was already waiting for him. 

"Why are you here?"

"Because I'm waiting for you."

"No, no, I'm not talking about that. Why are you in the dorm, in front of my room?"

"Because I'm waiting for you."

"Oh God "

Keenan facepalmed, he looked down and realized that Fantasia's hands were trembling. It seemed like she was nervous just like him. 

"Um, h- hello miss Fantasia!"

Suzy peered out and greeted Fantasia. She bowed her head. "Please, take good care of brother Keenan!"

"I will… Anyway, what did I say last time?"

"M- miss Fantasia…" Suzy scratched her blushing cheeks, she was embarrassed. 

"Good. Although I want you to call me sister Fantasia instead. I guess I'm too fast."

"N-no! I-it's not about that, it's because you're too beautiful."

She squirmed while stealing glances at Fantasia, she was like a girl who was watching her crush. 

Fantasia and Suzy met as Keenan introduced Fantasia as his new Handler. Their first meeting was actually better compared to him. Suzy kept stealing glances at Fantasia while her face was beet red. 

"Yare yare daze."

Keenan watched the romance happening in front of him and he intentionally clicked his tongue. He blocked Suzy's vision and glared at Fantasia. 

"Listen here, asshole, if you're not serious about my sister, then don't try to seduce her!"

He spat while Suzy was struggling behind him. 

"We're both girls." 

Fantasia replied, she was expressionless the whole time. 

"I don't care, girls can wear strap-ons."

"… You're the craziest person who I ever know."

She bickered. 

"Hmmp! Just don't hurt Suzy or else…"

"B-brother! It's not like that!… Mou! Brother, you stupid."

Suzy became bashful and ran into the room, Keenan was embarrassing her. Keenan chuckled as he closed the door.

Keenan and Fantasia were left alone in the hallway, they started walking out of the dorm. 

They already have the tickets in their pockets and there was no problem anymore. They were just wearing simple clothes and they have backpacks behind them. It was as if they would go to a picnic. Well, a Metropolis was just a city inside the Netherworld. In fact, Metropolis was the safest place in that world because multiple God-Class were protecting the city. 

The South-Eastern Metropolis was held by the Government. lt was a wide city, it was one of the biggest Metropolises in the Netherworld. Keenan and Fantasia were not afraid to go. They were just nervous because this was their first mission together. 

They used a private flying car to go to the Terminal. Keenan furrowed his forehead and turned to Fantasia.

"What is it?"

She asked as she sensed his gaze.

"Nothing, I'm just confused why I can't find your Aunt."

"… You don't have to find her. She is not here."

Even if her voice sounded low, her face did not change much. She was still having a cold temperament. 

"I see, so she's dead-ass drunk again."

Keenan sighed as he realized that Jeanne won't appear because she was lying on her bed, or the floor, whatever. It was apparent that she has a hangover. 

"She will only puke if she's with us."

"You bet."

Jeanne loved drinking strong liquor that could hit her hard. She was God-Class so a light beer won't make her drunk. Anyway, Jeanne was not with them. 

When they reached the Terminal to the other world, they saw a lot of busy people and the place was noisy. Fantasia frowned as she looked at the place. She wanted to get over this place and have some rest in a hotel. 

Unlike the time when Keenan left the Netherworld after escaping from the grasp of Yora, the process was smooth this time. It seemed like Jeanne had enough connection to pull this off.

They did not have a problem with using the Rift and reached the Metropolis early than his expectations. Keenan and Fantasia looked at each other and nodded. Their first priority was to go to their hotel and have some rest. 

………
……

Resonance, it was the term used to determine the compatibility of the Handler and its Arma/Bestia. It was not constant and it could go up or down. It depends on the relationship between the two persons. 

Now, since Keenan and Fantasia just became partners, they understood that their resonance could go down. If it reached 84%, Keenan and Fantasia would lose their connection. She would never hold Keenan again as her sword. 

To prevent that from happening, Keenan and Fantasia decided to stay in a room together. Yup, they were planning to live in one room. So far that was the best solution they could do to maintain and raise up their resonance.

That's why they were nervous. 

However, if their resonance increased because of this, their strength would improve. They have nothing to lose, do they? 

6