Chapter 83
104 0 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Capitulo 83

Keenan and Fantasia organized their belongings. They were in a wide hotel room and Keenan was not surprised anymore. Jeanne definitely loved her niece. To stay in a hotel while having academic mission was a kill.

Anyway, they would stay here for two weeks. Their mission was actually simple, really simple. All they had to do was to collect the N-cores of different monsters as much as they can. It was a normal mission because they were just new partners. They were still trying to figure out how to work things out and maintain their Union well.

Anyway, Keenan and Fantasia kept glancing at one another because they were conscious. 

"So… Are we going to sleep in one bed or…"

Keenan waited for Fantasia's reaction. Unsurprisingly, she did not blush nor act shy. She just looked at the other room. She nodded as she confirmed that it had a bed to sleep in. As expected, this hotel room had everything they needed. 

"You will use this room," she pointed at the next room. " And I will use this one. For now, let's start with this lifestyle. If our Resonance will not increase, then I will agree to sleep with you in a bed… but no touching."

She was serious about the last part.

"Fair enough."

Fantasia returned and crossed her arms. Despite saying this, her expression did not change at all. Keenan could say that Fantasia was better than him in terms of controlling expression or she was just cool. Either way, Keenan agreed to her decision. It was too fast for them to do it. 

"I just want to ask but how do you and Carson maintain your Resonance?"

"Ah, about that. It's actually simple. All we have to do was talk about ass and tits. By the way, I'm on the ass and tighs side."

Keenan heaved his chest up, he was quite proud of it.

"What? Do you mean a debate about a girl's proportion?"

"Yeah, sort of."

Fantasia sighed. She couldn't adapt that technique. It was… Well, they were stupid so perhaps she does not have to be shocked anymore. 

"Wow… Let me ask, what is the highest resonance that you achieved."

"94%. Heh, I feel like I'm a God at that time. Heck, we are high as fuck!"

Keenan recalled how they killed Nightmares without sweating. He only experienced it once, the feeling of being merged into one. It was a unique sensation as if he truly became a weapon. Their performance at that time was the peak, the highest that they ever achieved. 

"You reached 94% through talking about ass and tits?"

This time, Fantasia's eyes slightly trembled. It was a stupid way of bonding but it showed them valid improvement. She almost wanted to choke this man, she believed that Keenan was the one who made that idea. She shook her head as she erased the stupidity out of her.

Yet, on the other hand, Fantasia won't lose if she tried that type of bonding. 

"How about we do that?"

"Hm? Are you talking about tits and ass?"

"No, I'm talking about the debate-- Hey, why did you sigh? Don't tell me that you expect me to talk about perverse things?"

Keenan's shoulders slumped in disappointment. 

"Okay, fine. We don't have a plan till afternoon so let's have some conversation."

………
……

"The Pesce, huh," Keenan touched his chin. "I don't know, I only fought Class-C and lower of type of Pesce. Although I heard that ginormous Pesce are living in the ocean."

"Yeah, I heard that too. But Aunt told me that bigger Pesce are peaceful and didn't like violence. They are always living in the deepest part of the ocean of Netherworld." Fantasia added. 

They talked about the stuff they experienced while in the Netherworld. So of course, they talked about the Nightmares that they fought too. 

Having a conversation was one of the best effective methods to increase their resonance. Overall, they talked about many stuff. 

They realized that they talked too long when they found that it was already 3:00 pm. They skipped lunch. When Keenan realized it, he decided to end their conversation and eat the packed lunch that Suzy made. 

"Mmm, so good"

Keenan moaned as he ate. Fantasia walked behind him and peeked at the lunch. She was curious about what kind of food he was eating. Fantasia never experienced this, where a person would cook solely for a certain person.

She ate in fancy restaurants but sometimes she wanted to experience eating a home meal. Evidently, Jeanne was inexperienced in the kitchen, she only knew how to cook porridge. If she held a knife it was for killing not for cooking. 

'What do they call it. A lunch made of love? Or food with a special ingredient called love?'

She did not know but it was obvious that she was jealous of Keenan who was eating with a wide smile on his face. She subconsciously gulped while peeking at him eating. She tried to control her expression...

"Ah, yeah I remember."

"What is it?"

Fantasia awakened from her fantasy and quickly turned around. She did not want to let Keenan know that she was jealous of his lunch. 

"Suzy packed a lunch for you. Here take this. I know it's not your usual food because you like eating in high-class restaurants but you should try it. Suzy is good at cooking."

He grinned as he passed a packed lunch to her. Fantasia caught it and her eyes slightly beamed. She opened the box and the aroma of the food conquered her sense of smell. She swallowed hard, she immediately knew that this food would taste great. 

She turned to Keenan who was busy eating his share. 

"Thank you."

She said it from the bottom of her heart. 

"Nah, it's fine-"

For a moment, Keenan thought that he saw Fantasia smile. He shook his head and looked again, it seemed like he was starting to imagine things. Perhaps he was really hungry. 

"I guess I have to eat more."

He shrugged and continued eating. 

"This is good, please tell your sister that her food tastes good… No, tell her that the lunch was delicious."

She said and ate another mouthful. 

They spent the rest of their day in the hotel room to prepare. Because when nighttime comes, Keenan and Fantasia would start their mission. 

The area around the Metropolis would be invaded by Nightmares. It was a normal occurrence and it was not a threat. Keenan and Fantasia would use that time to gather N-cores while increasing their experience. 

6