Chapter 85
105 0 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Capitulo 85

Their first night ended well. Within one night they gathered 39 N-cores from Class-E to A. They killed two Class-A Zviera and took their N-cores. It was smooth and they didn't gain any injury.

Since both of them are experienced fighters, they killed the two Class-A without being wounded. Fantasia completely adapted to using Keenan's Skills. She could use them well. Together with her familiarity with the sword, she easily harmonized with the katana. 

"I can say that we have a good start," Keenan said and cracked an N-core inside his mouth while holding a piece of chocolate. 

"Yeah, I think so too." Fantasia agreed and swallowed her N-core. 

They were both eating N-cores to increase their strength little by little. Jeanne gave them their weekly provisions of N-cores. In fact, they had 5 Class-A in each of them and dozens of lower Class. 

Of course, Keenan already absorbed almost all of his provisions three days ago. In fact, he was just eating with Fantasia to show her that he was eating. Just to reassure her that he was serious about breakthrough even though he already reached his limitation. 

Fantasia stared at Keenan while the young man was savoring the N-cores together with a bar of chocolate. It was a unique way of eating N-cores, she was quite intrigued. 

"Hm? What's the problem?" He tilted his head, his golden eyes were shining vigorously. Possibly because the energy crystal(N-cores) that he consumed gave him adrenaline. This makes his eyes shine like the sun, Fantasia explained to herself. 

"Nothing, I'm just confused why you keep eating N-cores, I thought you already reached your limit. I thought this contract is about you helping me to reach Class-S."

"Ah, about that." He gulped the crystals and raised a bottle of milk and drank it. "You see, gulped, I will tell you when I'm certain that I can trust you."

"So you don't trust me?"

"Hehe, yeah." For a second, his golden eyes glinted and Fantasia felt the chills. "I'm good with reading people's expressions but you are different. You hardly changed your expression, always cold. Of course I know your reasons, it's easy to read, but it doesn't show in your face at all."

"I should be the one saying that." 

The sun slowly rose and their vision became clearer. Keenan glanced at Fantasia and admitted that she is indeed a beauty. Her ocean eyes hide the emotions deep within her, her complexion that shows her temperament… Keenan wanted to break her. And perhaps bring her pieces back together. He had this urge. 

"I see, we don't trust each other."

Keenan said.

"Yup. But I believe that we will, since you, Keenan, want this contract to be long-term." She added while gazing at the sun. This scene was not bad, no, seeing the sun rising up means a lot to her. 

Keenan shrugged and stared at the sun, they did not care about the dead bodies around them. It was the usual spectacle, and they do not have a reason to be amazed. Killing Nightmares are like eating and sleeping, it's part of their lives. 

"Since we don't trust each other, how about we tell one part of our past. I don't know if you know this but…" Keenan paused and Fantasia turned to him, she felt like Keenan was starting to open up. 

Keenan smirked and continued his story. "I'm an orphan, I lost my parents ten years ago."

"… The Rift Distortion in the Vadane, Ricaame. Where millions of people died, the biggest tragedy that happened a decade ago." Fantasia continued, she knew about it because she gathered information about Keenan Corragio. She knew what happened to him, although she was having a hard time finding his information back in the orphanage. 

"See, looks like you already know. However, it's not the complete story. I survived the Rift Distortion because my parents hide me under the bunker. But I'm the only one who's fitted to use it. So what my parents did is to find another way to place to hide, hoping that I will live. And I did." He had a slight chuckle, but his expression wasn't good. In fact, hatred was visible in his eyes.

"I felt the ground shaking, I shut my eyes and gritted my teeth so hard that they almost crack. The monsters that I only saw on television were walking on the ground and slaughtering people. I hide for a week, it was fortunate that the bunker has food, maybe that was the reason why my parents put me there. When I realized that everything is over, I came out of my hiding place. I started walking to find my parents. I can't find them… Except for blood and flesh around the house, I can't find them. What hurt me the most is the thought that I will never see them again….. Even now, I'm hoping that they are alive, that they are just lost and trying to find me. For ten years, I'm waiting and even now... it's a childish dream." 

"…" 

Fantasia didn't know what to say. It was heavy. For a moment, she thought that her life was better compared to this man. Perhaps the reason why he became a Nightbreaker was to find his parents. She clenched her fists, she realized that her reasons were pathetic compared to this man. 

"I… I'm sorry."

She bowed down, she couldn't look at him. She knew that Keenan experienced hardship, but she did not know that it was fucked up. 

"It's okay. I just want to say this to you because I'm serious about keeping this relationship. I want to be honest, gradually, I will tell everything. So I hope that you will."

Keenan stood up and fixed his battle suit. He started walking away, leaving Fantasia with deliberate. He turned around, facing away from her, and he was smirking. 

'Show your weakness, and the other will slowly think that you're weak. Then, swallowed them whole and poison their life. Let's see how long can you keep with your farce."

Keenan took out his phone, he read the message and he was in good mood. Someone contacted him. He had to do his part-time job. 

Fantasia was left alone in the wilderness. It was only three kilometers away from the Metropolis but she could not move. She was slapped on the face. Keenan had enough reason to hide his past, yet he decided to tell her. Fantasia took a deep breath, she felt like shit. 

Yeah, maybe Keenan is angry that Fantasia researched his past, to low-key rebuke her.

5